Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,064 members, 7,807,191 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:53 AM

Trinidad & Tobago: Is It A Place To Be? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Trinidad & Tobago: Is It A Place To Be? (11281 Views)

Travelling To Trinidad And Tobago / Socail Visit Visa To Trinindad And Tobago. / Can I Travel To Trinidad And Tobago Visa Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trinidad & Tobago: Is It A Place To Be? by newworldcapital(m): 2:24pm On May 28, 2010
I learnt the country is a good place to be for work, study and living.

Am not planning to go to any country for hustling cos I have what I can do to make money.

Nigerians in T&T, is it a nice country to live in?

Give me your contact.
Re: Trinidad & Tobago: Is It A Place To Be? by snowdrops(m): 2:52pm On May 28, 2010
what are your qualifications and job experience? And what is the nature of your "hurstling". Hope nothing fishy.
Re: Trinidad & Tobago: Is It A Place To Be? by newworldcapital(m): 3:44pm On May 28, 2010
snowdrops:

what are your qualifications and job experience? And what is the nature of your "hurstling". Hope nothing fishy.

There's nothing fishy and am not ready for hustling in that Country.

Am a Forex Trader.

My highest qualification is Certificate in Graphics and Animation.

Can U be of help and are U in T&T?

1 Like

Re: Trinidad & Tobago: Is It A Place To Be? by jikings(m): 7:43pm On Jun 01, 2010
man what are you palnning to come and do in the carreabean? I'm currently live here and work here. I'll frankly tell you there is not much here and nothing to huzlle for. The place is drier than Niaja in many respects, ppl travel up here with the hope of makin it Big but these islands are not for that! I'm in TT and there is nothing to write home about here. The Nigerians here are mostly Doctors working in hospitals for betther pay but the rest are just lazing about. If you are not a doctor or being sent by a company here, dont waste your time & money to any of the islands. Abuja looks like London compared to Trinidad which supposedly is the richest island in the carrebean!!

I'm sure you and many others reading this will be wondering what I'm still doing here but I'm on a 6 months rotational assigment up here and will be out as soon as i'm done!! Our home is beautiful and full of great opportunities but pple think its always greener out there!!!

4 Likes

Re: Trinidad & Tobago: Is It A Place To Be? by snowdrops(m): 7:55pm On Jun 01, 2010
Nice one. Sound advice.

The grass is always greener on the other side.

1 Like

Re: Trinidad & Tobago: Is It A Place To Be? by niceguy10: 9:41pm On Jun 01, 2010
Very well said.
Re: Trinidad & Tobago: Is It A Place To Be? by newworldcapital(m): 3:44am On Jun 02, 2010
Thanks for your candid advice.

Am not going there to hustle but to settle down.

Am a FOREX Trader. All I need is good power supply and internet connection.
Re: Trinidad & Tobago: Is It A Place To Be? by deco2come: 9:35am On Jun 02, 2010
newworldcapital:

Thanks for your candid advice.

Am not going there to hustle but to settle down.

Am a FOREX Trader. All I need is good power supply and internet connection.

I'm so interested in Forex Trader. Can you shade more lights on how the business works. I'm want to learn more about it.
Re: Trinidad & Tobago: Is It A Place To Be? by jikings(m): 12:57pm On Jun 02, 2010
If you need steady power supply and good internet connection, why spend almost $2000 dallars to fly round the world to TT or Carreabean? You can try Ghana, Benin & Sieral leone. All these places are more in Africa have contant power and good internet and you can get a flight for lass than $200. My two pence advise though!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trinidad & Tobago: Is It A Place To Be? by callygood: 2:10am On Jun 07, 2010
teach me how to trade. i am really interested in trading forex. if you help, i will be really glad
Re: Trinidad & Tobago: Is It A Place To Be? by ify101: 4:22am On Apr 20, 2011
Most Nigerians here are Security Guards , don't let anyone fool you
They live two men to one bed work for on average $2500 TT a month and rent is $1000TT
I was a friend of one who would slip details to his friend how "he is going home to buy a BIG car live in a BIG house"
but he sleeps on a mattress on the ground
That class of Nigerians here will do anything for money!!!! anything
They fish around on the internet looking for young ladies to fool who they hope will send them money! mind you because of the sleeping arrangements two men to one mattress most are also bisexual
but at the end they send a measleY $100US home and some family from the village is ooooh soo happy!

1 Like

Re: Trinidad & Tobago: Is It A Place To Be? by omega25red(m): 1:50pm On Apr 20, 2011
ify101:

They live two men to one bed work for on average $2500 TT a month and rent is $1000TT
I was a friend of one who would slip details to his friend how "he is going home to buy a BIG car live in a BIG house"
They fish around on the internet looking for young ladies to fool who they hope will send them money! mind you because of the sleeping arrangements two men to one mattress most are also bisexual
but at the end they send a measleY $100US home and some family from the village is ooooh soo happy!
poster what this person is basically trying to say is that life is not necessarily easier in most of these foreign countries for our people. You will have to make a lot of sacrifices which may or may not include sleeping on a mattress on the floor.
Re: Trinidad & Tobago: Is It A Place To Be? by Phony200(m): 5:32pm On Apr 20, 2011
He who has ears, let him hear. smiley

1 Like

Re: Trinidad & Tobago: Is It A Place To Be? by jikings(m): 7:00pm On Apr 20, 2011
ify101:

@ Ify 101 , I agree with you on all points except one, for the fact two men share one bed due to economic conditions does not make them Bisexual or Gay, I’ve lived in similar conditions in the past as a student in Nigeria and I’m sure many still do today and that has NEVER lured me into fancying other men, God forbid!
Also I think Trinidad is the last place a naija man will like to be gay, apart from the fact that economically the island is nothing to write home about but it is exceptionally blessed with the most beautiful array of women I have seen in my many years of sojourn outside naija, and I can beat my chest and say there are even more friendly are beautiful than my naija chicks, any man taken to that island and has no problem with lust is “confirmed gay”
I’m still smouldering after 8 months of leaving the island and now free of lust as my current location is full of wowo, ( not naija before some sisters start shooting)

3 Likes

Re: Trinidad & Tobago: Is It A Place To Be? by IdomaLikita: 1:51am On Sep 11, 2013
How much does a typical Doctor earns in T&T? How open are there Residency programs to foreigners?
Is life as a Doctor better there than Nigeria?
Re: Trinidad & Tobago: Is It A Place To Be? by extrovert6(m): 12:07am On Jul 06, 2014
As a graduate of Animal Science, and a masters holder, can I have a well paid job in TT
Re: Trinidad & Tobago: Is It A Place To Be? by GulliverVisas: 6:47pm On Jul 06, 2014
extrovert6: As a graduate of Animal Science, and a masters holder, can I have a well paid job in TT

If you're looking for a job overseas, I'd suggest your try Brazil or (because of your qualifications) a country that has a Cargill office. Getting a visa for TT is very easy but unless you're going for rest and relaxation, think carefully about what you'll do once in country. Good luck!
Re: Trinidad & Tobago: Is It A Place To Be? by jpride(m): 9:57am On Mar 19, 2015
Please i really want to know the possibility of a Nigerian securing a job in T&T with his degree certificate. 2. How much will it really cost to make such travel (visa, ticket etc)? Please anybody with useful information should help me
Re: Trinidad & Tobago: Is It A Place To Be? by jeakhator: 4:28am On Feb 10, 2016
hello house. Am a doctor in Nigeria. i want to go to tnt but i was asked to get a job first befor processing my visa. pls is there any one in this forum there in tnt. so i cn forward u my documents to hlp me apply. pls ...biko..i need this. thks house
Re: Trinidad & Tobago: Is It A Place To Be? by travelpoint: 1:32pm On Mar 03, 2016
newworldcapital:
I learnt the country is a good place to be for work, study and living.

Am not planning to go to any country for hustling cos I have what I can do to make money.

Nigerians in T&T, is it a nice country to live in?

Give me your contact.
Worse than Nigeria
Re: Trinidad & Tobago: Is It A Place To Be? by africandragon: 3:56am On Jul 04, 2018
Trinidad is a good place to be but Nigerians here have given Nigeria a bad name. The locals no longer have respect for Nigerians because most Nigerians in Trinidad and Tobago are low lives willing to do anything for money. Some do security work and some work in construction as labourers and some work in garbage dumps as scavengers. It is really scary to see the class of Nigerians in Trinidad and Tobago. Becuase of their pitiable conditions, most Nigerians you see here are angry and evil. No wonder, I noticed most of the Nigerians with good jobs never associate with Nigerian community and I don't blame them. The class of Nigerians in Trinidad and Tobago can bring you down if you are not careful only by associating with them.
But if you are thinking of coming to work here, make sure you have your job offer before you come because if you don't, I am afraid Trinidad and Tobago could be a hostile place without a job. Unless you are willing to join most Nigerians scavenging here for a living and carrying on as if anybody is the cause of their miserable life. I have finished my assignment in TT and out in the next two days.

1 Like

Re: Trinidad & Tobago: Is It A Place To Be? by Trustmeall: 7:26pm On Nov 19, 2019
africandragon:
Trinidad is a good place to be but Nigerians here have given Nigeria a bad name. The locals no longer have respect for Nigerians because most Nigerians in Trinidad and Tobago are low lives willing to do anything for money. Some do security work and some work in construction as labourers and some work in garbage dumps as scavengers. It is really scary to see the class of Nigerians in Trinidad and Tobago. Becuase of their pitiable conditions, most Nigerians you see here are angry and evil. No wonder, I noticed most of the Nigerians with good jobs never associate with Nigerian community and I don't blame them. The class of Nigerians in Trinidad and Tobago can bring you down if you are not careful only by associating with them.
But if you are thinking of coming to work here, make sure you have your job offer before you come because if you don't, I am afraid Trinidad and Tobago could be a hostile place without a job. Unless you are willing to join most Nigerians scavenging here for a living and carrying on as if anybody is the cause of their miserable life. I have finished my assignment in TT and out in the next two days.

Thanks for your sincere advice

(1) (Reply)

Help! My Sister And Her Husband Want To Remain As Illegal Immigrants In Uk / Does WES (US) Accept Degree Certificate Via Fax? / Anambra Road Commuters Lament Alleged Extortion By Military

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.