Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,660 members, 7,801,914 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

Retired English Teacher Corrects Trump Letter, Sends It Back-photo - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Retired English Teacher Corrects Trump Letter, Sends It Back-photo (53406 Views)

Donald Trump's Letter To Tedros Adhanom, WHO Director-General / Retired English Teacher Corrects Letter From Trump & Sends It Back To White Hous / Nigeria Did Not Attend US Embassy Opening In Jerusalem - Aljazeera Corrects Self (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Retired English Teacher Corrects Trump Letter, Sends It Back-photo by Martinez19(m): 1:58am On May 31, 2018
That's petty but it's not an excuse for mediocrity. I am sure if it were Hillary Clinton, this wouldn't have happened.
Re: Retired English Teacher Corrects Trump Letter, Sends It Back-photo by GetUmad: 2:15am On May 31, 2018
eniorisha:
I often laugh each time I see people embarrassingly correcting others over English grammatical mistakes or blunders. The native speakers are often amazed at our over consciousness of mechanical correctness of a second language after our native language. There are many things grammatically to which Nigerians attach importance but d native speakers will easily overlook, especially in spontaneous or unrehearsed spoken communication.

It's even worse for Nigerian students studying English as a discipline. One writes 4/5 pages to answer a test or exam question but ends up scoring 4/6 out of maximum 15 or 20 marks

Grammatical mistakes & errors are nothing to take too seriously.
The funniest thing is the primary speakers make blunders more. I watched as more than three different American citizens called ATM machines today, i mean just today in a class I had. I have heard several blunders (like; "what did he said" ) that even a primary school students from Nigeria would have been so conscious to make.

Na naija dey carry blunders for head. If you do a typo they won't rip you apart, meanwhile I can't count number of times I've come across somethingike below.

Re: Retired English Teacher Corrects Trump Letter, Sends It Back-photo by GetUmad: 2:25am On May 31, 2018
eniorisha:
I often laugh each time I see people embarrassingly correcting others over English grammatical mistakes or blunders. The native speakers are often amazed at our over consciousness of mechanical correctness of a second language after our native language. There are many things grammatically to which Nigerians attach importance but d native speakers will easily overlook, especially in spontaneous or unrehearsed spoken communication.

It's even worse for Nigerian students studying English as a discipline. One writes 4/5 pages to answer a test or exam question but ends up scoring 4/6 out of maximum 15 or 20 marks

Grammatical mistakes & errors are nothing to take too seriously.
The interesting thing is; the primary speakers make blunders more. I watched as more than three different Americans called ATM machines today in a gathering. I kid you not, these are principal officers of a corporation. If it were to be a Nigerian gathering you would have seen or heard one oversabi Big-head "whistling" or banging the desk. I have heard several blunders (like; "what did he said"wink that even a primary school student from Nigeria would have been so conscious enough of.

Na naija dey carry blunders for head. If you do a typo (though I encourage avoiding such as much as possible) they would rip you apart, meanwhile I can't count number of times I've come across something like below from big platforms.

Re: Retired English Teacher Corrects Trump Letter, Sends It Back-photo by mansamusa08(m): 2:35am On May 31, 2018
lilfreezy:

No mind am. It's because of people like him that we ended up with buhari
grin

Diaries God oo!!
Buhari is an alumunus of the prestigious US war college.
Re: Retired English Teacher Corrects Trump Letter, Sends It Back-photo by Abudu2000(m): 4:58am On May 31, 2018
Come 2019

Re: Retired English Teacher Corrects Trump Letter, Sends It Back-photo by Chukazu: 5:59am On May 31, 2018
AZeD1:

Deaf and dump people communicate.

Why don't you tell me they communicate in English Language?
Re: Retired English Teacher Corrects Trump Letter, Sends It Back-photo by Chukazu: 6:00am On May 31, 2018
AZeD1:

Deaf and dump people communicate.

Why don't you tell me they communicate in English Language?
Re: Retired English Teacher Corrects Trump Letter, Sends It Back-photo by Nobody: 9:14am On May 31, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
Bros, it's not an excuse to be a mediocre
if you ve the opportunity to learn and be better, do so.
This is even in an English-speaking country, so the correction is justified.

1 Like

Re: Retired English Teacher Corrects Trump Letter, Sends It Back-photo by Nobody: 9:17am On May 31, 2018
goslowgoslow:

You dey mind them? They are more than idiots English is not our language.
English is our lingua franca
Re: Retired English Teacher Corrects Trump Letter, Sends It Back-photo by INCREDIBLE007(m): 12:16pm On May 19, 2020
Fairmoney Is recruiting shop owners as referral agents
--- How its works
You register first, Fairmoney generates your working code for you and gives you banner as well,
When anyone needs loan ( either they ask you or you tell them about Fairmoney)
You ask them to download the app from playstore
After which, they sign up on the app and apply for loan and they will get to a section which they put your code in the referral section.
If they go ahead and get a loan successfully.
Fairmoney gives you #1000 for the job, and there is no limit to which you can make in a week via referal.
PLS NOTE
FAIRMONEY PAYS YOU every Tuesday of the week into your Opay wallet.
Registration as referral agent is ongoing and its free
Pls if you are interested, signify
By DM for registration and other details
WhatsApp 08056298736
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Turkish MP Hasan Bitmez Is Dead / World Reacts As Missiles Rain Explosions On Ukrainian Cities / Billionaires: Donald Trump's Cabinet, The Richest In Modern History.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.