Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:32 PM

Would You Date Or Marry A Driver Or Security Guard? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Date Or Marry A Driver Or Security Guard? (7250 Views)

LADIES! What Job Or Profession Of A Man Can Make You Not Date Or Marry Him?? / Photos: Guys Can You Date This Beatiful Damsel? / Can U Date Or Marry An Albino? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Date Or Marry A Driver Or Security Guard? by Orikinla(m): 6:00pm On May 28, 2010
Would you date or marry a man who is a driver or security guard?
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Driver Or Security Guard? by Spyker: 6:08pm On May 28, 2010
Is this question to the ladies alone?
Well, if the man has prospects (i mean educated) and is just starting out with the present job to start life, why not. Some Security guards and drivers in Oil companies receive better pay when compared to Directors in the Civil Service. So, Security Guards and Drivers have category, and it depends on the category.
Secondly, man na man, whether Driver or Security Guard, those na titles wey money dey clear once woman notice am.
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Driver Or Security Guard? by Tashaluv(f): 6:08pm On May 28, 2010
What won't love do, my dear?? grin grin
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Driver Or Security Guard? by Orikinla(m): 6:14pm On May 28, 2010
Many parents are scared of their daughters dating or marrying drivers and security guards and do not even mention it if she is a graduate and he is still a poor driver or security guard earning about N35, 000 a month.
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Driver Or Security Guard? by omega25red(m): 6:18pm On May 28, 2010
Orikinla:

Would you date or marry a man who is a driver or security guard?
funny thing is in Nigeria people look down on these two positions as low class jobs. Here in the states, all those guys who come home to pretend like they are God's gift to the world do exactly those types of jobs because most of them only have a high school diploma and they can't get any other jobs. So they spend a whole year eating instant noodles just so they could go back home around xmas to shine and hook up with all the girls you can't get because they just came from the states. so to get back to your question most women here will say no but that dude working hard somewhere else is possibly doing exactly that same job

1 Like

Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Driver Or Security Guard? by 190: 6:22pm On May 28, 2010
hell to the no
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Driver Or Security Guard? by Oba234: 6:31pm On May 28, 2010
Many immigrants including Nigerians that are in the US are doing the kind of jobs that is looked down on in Nigeria. Don't let the flash gift that they send over for christmas fool you. It the exchange rate that make many here seems like they are rich in the US. In the US, Nigeria is classify as a third world country and degrees that many nigerians bring over to the western world are not accepted unless you go school again in the US or any western world. Many Nigerians that come here don't have time to go to school again considering that they already have kids, so many settle for jobs like security guard even if they have three degrees in Nigeria. There is no excuse for 1st generation Nigerian in the us or a child that grew up in the US to be a security guard though.
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Driver Or Security Guard? by Spyker: 6:33pm On May 28, 2010
omega25red:

funny thing is in Nigeria people look down on these two positions as low class jobs. Here in the states, all those guys who come home to pretend like they are God's gift to the world do exactly those types of jobs because most of them only have a high school diploma and they can't get any other jobs. So they spend a whole year eating instant noodles just so they could go back home around xmas to shine and hook up with all the girls you can't get because they just came from the states. so to get back to your question most women here will say no but that dude working hard somewhere else is possibly doing exactly that same job
TELL THEM OOOH, NAIJA WOMEN LIKE TO HEAR SAY THE BOBO DEY OVERSEA, ABROAD  grin
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Driver Or Security Guard? by Nobody: 7:55pm On May 28, 2010
@post
joke aside: whats wrong with these jobs? ok the guys might not find some heavily educated broad in 9ja but, for some gal that isnt highly educated herself(market sales woman etc), he would be the perfect match!

as i always say, as long as it isnt something illegal, i will welcome ANY guy my daughter wants to marry, as long as she is happy!
if after 20 odd yrs of brainwashing she decide to go for a security guard then so be it, she is the one who will live with him, not me.
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Driver Or Security Guard? by MissyB1(m): 8:07pm On May 28, 2010
Yes, I can!! cool
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Driver Or Security Guard? by yme1(f): 8:17pm On May 28, 2010
if he is not gonna remain a driver or security guard forever but has a bright legal future, then yes i can "DATE" him
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Driver Or Security Guard? by mamagee3(f): 8:57pm On May 28, 2010
I hardly meet those kind of men. cool
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Driver Or Security Guard? by lizzybabe1(f): 11:48pm On May 28, 2010
Well I heard Mike Adenuga once worked as a Taxi Driver and Security Guard. With that information, let's ask again. Ladies, would you date or marry a Driver or Security Guard? Guess the answers might change now. smiley
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Driver Or Security Guard? by hollandis(f): 9:36am On May 29, 2010
Missy B:

Yes, I can!! cool

YOU!!!! shocked
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Driver Or Security Guard? by zebra543: 9:40am On May 29, 2010
well it depends if its a student doing it as part time work its fine, there are many security guards doin masters down here, they are even cute! However if thats what he does for a living then i cant date any non proffesional, not even a policeman!
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Driver Or Security Guard? by havilla(f): 10:11am On May 29, 2010
no way!!
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Driver Or Security Guard? by amefi(m): 10:57am On May 29, 2010
havilla:

no way!!
IN LONDON OR NIGERIA?
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Driver Or Security Guard? by coolier(f): 3:00pm On May 29, 2010
No.
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Driver Or Security Guard? by BeautfulB(f): 3:21pm On May 29, 2010
AM SORRY I CANT
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Driver Or Security Guard? by Orikinla(m): 5:40pm On May 29, 2010
zebra543:

well it depends if its a student doing it as part time work its fine, there are many security guards doin masters down here, they are even cute! However if thats what he does for a living then i cant date any non proffesional, not even a policeman!

So, a police officer is not a professional? grin
So a police man has no profession?
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Driver Or Security Guard? by Kgdavid(m): 6:43pm On May 29, 2010
lizzybabe1:

Well I heard Mike Adenuga once worked as a Taxi Driver and Security Guard. With that information, let's ask again. Ladies, would you date or marry a Driver or Security Guard? Guess the answers might change now. smiley

shocked shocked ladies oya begin to answer

Orikinla:

not in nigeria
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Driver Or Security Guard? by Princek12(m): 10:12pm On May 29, 2010
mama-gee:

I hardly meet those kind of men. cool
You would not even know if you met those kind of men, for all they need to do to deceive you is rent a fancy car, borrow their friends bling bling, buy you a bottle of MOET with their entire salary, and let go of you once they are finished with you and before the cat is let out of the bag. And here you are running your mouth about you hardly meet those kind of men. Abeg, sit down somewhere; you are acting like you hang out only with a group of elite class of people that excludes ordinary security guards. By the way, what is your occupation before you can say you hardly meet those kind of people? yeye girl
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Driver Or Security Guard? by mamagee3(f): 10:13pm On May 29, 2010
^Funny but true. grin
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Driver Or Security Guard? by zebra543: 11:02pm On May 29, 2010
Kgdavid:

not in nigeria

not in any country!

well i dont know about adenuga but i can assure most of you all of the past and present governors that did the slightest bit of schoolin abroad have done all sorts of odd jobs!
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Driver Or Security Guard? by Nobody: 12:14am On May 30, 2010
Princek12:

You would not even know if you met those kind of men, for all they need to do to deceive you is rent a fancy car, borrow their friends bling bling, buy you a bottle of MOET with their entire salary, and let go of you once they are finished with you and before the cat is let out of the bag. And here you are running your mouth about you hardly meet those kind of men. Abeg, sit down somewhere; you are acting like you hang out only with a group of elite class of people that excludes ordinary security guards. By the way, what is your occupation before you can say you hardly meet those kind of people? yeye girl

you are absolutely right about the above bold part.
some of the guys with so called "menial jobs"might eat garri all year long but, come the weekend, they will make it rain in the clubs, ROTFLMAO!!!!!!
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Driver Or Security Guard? by SeanT21(f): 1:10am On May 30, 2010
YES!!

You can upgrade him if you have the cash or connections.
wink
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Driver Or Security Guard? by zebra543: 2:12am On May 30, 2010
^ right, reminds me of the movie daddys little girls, you never know what got the man in that situation at any time things caould also get better undecided undecided
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Driver Or Security Guard? by na2day2(m): 9:25pm On May 31, 2010
SeanT21:

YES!!

You can upgrade him if you have the cash or connections.
wink

see why i love u? u got that common sense thingy down to the digit kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss if a guy can help improve his better half why cant a woman do the same?
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Driver Or Security Guard? by Mayflowa(m): 10:20pm On May 31, 2010
I hardly meet those kind of men.[quote][/quote]
there u go again, the ever pompous mama-gee
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Driver Or Security Guard? by GL(f): 10:41pm On May 31, 2010
i can't, not one in Nigeria or anywhere else. i might date a student who has a part-time driver job if i'm badly attracted to him or something, but i can't marry him till he can get a better job.

lizzybabe1:

Mike Adenuga worked as a taxi driver and security guard part-time, while attending university in the United States. student jobs are generally the low-paying ones anyway, so dating Mike Adenuga then would have been dating a student who also worked as a driver and security guard. that's quite different. besides, for every one Mike Adenuga who hits it big, there'll be thousands of drivers and security guards who'll always remain in that position.

Orikinla:

nigerians and our classification of professional and non-professional careers, funny.
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Driver Or Security Guard? by na2day2(m): 12:03am On Jun 01, 2010
to all the girls that won't even think of dating a poor guy/security guard/driver, there is nothing wrong with ur decision, for u the financial aspect is big for u but please stop calling it love, that is what makes me sick! and whenever the rich/"well to do" guy decides to step out on u and cheat dont cry boo hoo, for one u are after the money and u are getting it, so ur aim is not defected. to make noise later saying "how can he do this to me? after all i have done for him" is irritating to say the least and u need to shut up bcuz u didn't do anything for him than provide the $EX any other woman can ready provide and dont even get me started on emotional support please!
Re: Would You Date Or Marry A Driver Or Security Guard? by Freiburger(m): 12:08am On Jun 01, 2010
@ topic, driver and security guide jobs got class.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Story Of A Desperate Naija Boy / Can A Man Ever Stop Feelings For A Woman He Procreated With But Never Married To / Boyfriend Doesn't Like Her New Found Love For Volleyball

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.