Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis (28925 Views)

Pope Francis Is Right! Christians Should Stop Equating Islam To Terrorism / Why Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Wrong / "Satan Delivered Islam To Muhammad And Following Islam Will Lead You To Hell" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by FriendNG: 2:56pm On May 30, 2018
Pope Francis has said equating Islam to terrorism is “foolish” in an interview with an Italian local newspaper.
“It might be coming out of many people’s mouths, but this equation is a lie and it is foolish,” Francis said in the interview published by L’Eco di Bergamo on Thursday, the day the body of Pope John XXIII returns to his northern Italian home city.
“The most important role (of religions) is that of promoting a culture of encounter, together in the promotion of true education for responsible behaviour that takes care of creation”. (ansa.it).

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/equating-islam-to-terrorism-is-foolish-pope-252404.html

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by SalamRushdie: 2:57pm On May 30, 2018
You are being very shallow with the truth ...why don't you show me one verse on the Koran that preaches unconditional love ? Just one just one

120 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by KratosCorp: 3:01pm On May 30, 2018
undecided

Mr. Pope, the real foolishness is your failure to grasp the difference between "what is" and "what should be".

Your abstract opinion of "what religion should be" has absolutely zero effect on what Islam is.

By the way, another manifestation of the foolishness from you is your pathetic failure to grasp that Islam is NOT a religion but a system of government that's totally opposed to and can never cohabit with western civilization. A senior bishop like you was once in control of the old Turkish territories until Islam terrorized everyone there into submission.

Just know that the world will loathe your memory if, in your nauseating PC, the future of Rome ever translates into today's Istanbul.

FriendNG:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/equating-islam-to-terrorism-is-foolish-pope-252404.html

Lalasticlala mynd44

106 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by FriendNG: 3:01pm On May 30, 2018
Pigs be like Pope is a terrorist APC and Propaganda grin grin

Who even take Roman Catholic serious.

Pigs must always cry

Demmzy15

49 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by fallout87: 3:01pm On May 30, 2018
Currently the majority of terrorist acts around the world are from Islamic background and teachings.

Explain that

84 Likes 1 Share

Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by SamuelAnyawu(m): 3:04pm On May 30, 2018
I Believe in One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church. I Profess one Baptism for the Remmison of sins

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by FriendNG: 3:04pm On May 30, 2018
SalamRushdie:
You are being very shallow with the truth ...why don't you show me one verse on the Koran that preaches unconditional love ? Just one just one

Pope says you're a liar and foolish. Fake Christian.

135 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by SalamRushdie: 3:06pm On May 30, 2018
FriendNG:

Pope says you're a liar and foolish. Fake Christian.

Why don't you show me the verse I asked for instead of being a spokesman for the pope ... well I don't even consider this one my pope right from day one

60 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by FriendNG: 3:08pm On May 30, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Why don't you show me the verse I asked for instead of being a spokesman for the pope ... well I don't even consider this one my pope right from day one

You can open thread for that then invite me. But here Pope consider you as one of those foolish liar whether he is your pope or not.

SalamRushdie:

There is no single verse so i won't waste my time with a wicked human being like you abeg .. pope indeed..Obama sponsored pope as far as I am concerned

Pope is sponsored by Muhammadu Buhari. Obama is no longer a President.

Pope says you're foolish.
Kanu called you pig

110 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by SalamRushdie: 3:10pm On May 30, 2018
FriendNG:

You can open thread for that then invite me. But here Pope consider you as one of those foolish liar whether he is your pope or not.

There is no single verse so i won't waste my time with a hypocritical human being like you abeg .. pope indeed..Obama sponsored pope as far as I am concerned

17 Likes

Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by Rafidi: 3:15pm On May 30, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Holy Qur'an 41:34
"Nor can goodness and Evil be equal. Repel (Evil) with what is better (than good): Then will he between whom and thee was hatred become as it were thy friend and intimate!"

145 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by perez100: 3:18pm On May 30, 2018
The Pope's personal opinion represent my view only that 98% terrorists in the world are M.....slem....

15 Likes

Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by Ganiyat72(f): 3:19pm On May 30, 2018
This present pope is more or less a political pope. I'm a Muslim but I can authoritatively tell u that all Muslim support terrrorism aka jihad.

81 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by perez100: 3:20pm On May 30, 2018
The Pope's personal opinion represent my view only that 98% terrorists in the world are M........slems....

1 Like

Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by FriendNG: 3:24pm On May 30, 2018
Ganiyat72:
This present pope is more or less a political pope. I'm a Muslim but I can authoritatively tell u that all Muslim support terrrorism aka jihad.

You're not a Muslim you're Kafiri. Claiming to be a Muslim doesn't make you 1.

Your post from 2016 below. Hypocrite.

Ganiyat72:
One lost sheep of christ has seen the light, just like me. I never know that I was in deep bondage until the good Lord showed me mercy and brought me out of darkness into the glorious gospel of Christ Jesus.

https://www.nairaland.com/3249077/why-people-leave-islam-spoken#50251322

161 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by FriendNG: 3:24pm On May 30, 2018
perez100:
The Pope's personal opinion represent my view only that 98% terrorists in the world are M........slems....

It's also in his own opinion that you're a foolish liar.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by olajide21: 3:35pm On May 30, 2018
SalamRushdie:

There are countless Ayah that i can share with you on the topic. Here are a few

1. Indeed, Allah enjoins justice, and the doing of good to others; and giving like kindred; and forbids indecency, and manifest evil, and wrongful transgression. He admonished you that you may take heed. (Al Quran 16:91)

2.And as for those who strive in Our path — We will surely guide them in Our ways. And Indeed, Allah is with those who are of service to others. (Al Quran 29:70)

Indeed, Allah is with those who are righteous and those who do good. (Al Quran 16:129)

3. The reward of goodness is nothing but goodness. (Al Quran 55:61)

4. O ye people! fear your Lord, Who created you from a single soul and created therefrom its mate, and from them twain spread many men and women; and fear Allah, in Whose name you appeal to one another, and be mindful of your duty to Allah, particularly respecting ties of relationship. Verily, Allah watches over you. (Al Quran 4:2)

5. 121-122. And good and evil are not alike. Repel evil with that which is best. And lo, he between whom and thyself was enmity will become as though he were a warm friend. But none is granted it save those who are steadfast; and none is granted it save those who possess a large share of good. (Al Quran 41:35-36)

6. O ye people! fear your Lord, Who created you from a single soul and created therefrom its mate, and from them twain spread many men and women; and fear Allah, in Whose name you appeal to one another, and be mindful of your duty to Allah, particularly respecting ties of relationship. Verily, Allah watches over you. (Al Quran 4:2)

In the very beginning of every chapter or Sura of the Holy Quran, except one, we read, “In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.”

Allah is not only the Gracious and the Merciful, but, also wants humanity to be gracious and merciful, to each other, in their spheres and this can be inferred from many verses of the Holy Quran.

As this verse is in the beginning of 113 chapters, except for Sura Taubah and in the middle of one Sura, it really sky rockets my count of verses here.

7-120. In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.

Let me make a suggestion here, now, that we have 120 instructions from the All Knowing God, to be kind, merciful and compassionate.

Anyone, who has conscious or unconscious desire to benefit from political Islam, should first try this repeated teaching of being compassionate for a few decades. May be it will assuage his or her political ambition and bring him or her to true teachings of Islam.

“@The_MuslimTimes: Two Hundred Verses about Compassionate Living in the Quranhttp:///FX9gdneToi pic.twitter.com/VtdUH1zTDx”

— Salima (@salimaalouache1) July 5, 2015

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

The Holy Quran suggests compassion and kindness to be a recipe to turn ones enemies into bosom friends:

121-122. And good and evil are not alike. Repel evil with that which is best. And lo, he between whom and thyself was enmity will become as though he were a warm friend. But none is granted it save those who are steadfast; and none is granted it save those who possess a large share of good. (Al Quran 41:35-36)

Now, I am going to catalog all occurrences of the word “Mohsin,” in Arabic, in the Quran, in singular or plural form, as it means, one who does good and is of service to others. Two of these occurrences have already been counted above and I will not repeat those here:

123. It shall be no sin for you if you divorce women while you have not touched them, nor settled for them a dowry. But provide for them — the rich man according to his means and the poor man according to his means — a provision in a becoming manner, an obligation upon the virtuous. (Al Quran 2:237)

124. Those who spend in prosperity and adversity, and those who suppress anger and pardon men; and Allah loves those who do good. (Al Quran 3:135)

125. So Allah gave them the reward of this world, as also an excellent reward of the next; and Allah loves those who do good. (Al Quran 3:149)

126. And who is better in faith than he who submits himself to Allah, and he is a doer of good, and follows the religion of Abraham, the upright? And Allah took Abraham for a special friend. (Al Quran 4:126)

127. So, because of their breaking their covenant, We have cursed them, and have hardened their hearts. They pervert the words from their proper places and have forgotten a good part of that with which they were exhorted. And thou wilt not cease to discover treachery on their part, except in a few of them. So pardon them and turn away from them. Surely, Allah loves those who do good. (Al Quran 5:14)

128. So Allah rewarded them, for what they said, with Gardens beneath which streams flow. Therein shall they abide; and that is the reward of those who do good. (Al Quran 5:86)

129. On those who believe and do good works there shall be no sin for what they eat, provided they fear God and believe and do good works, and again fear God and believe, yet again fear God and do good. And Allah loves those who do good. (Al Quran 5:94)

130. And We gave him Isaac and Jacob; each did We guide aright, and Noah did We guide aright aforetime, and of his progeny, David and Solomon and Job and Joseph and Moses and Aaron. Thus do We reward those who do good. (Al Quran 6:85)

131. And remember the time when We said: “Enter this village and eat therefrom — wherever you will — plentifully; and enter the gate submissively and say: ‘God! forgive us our sins.’ We shall forgive you your sins and We shall give increase to those who do good. (Al Quran 2:59)

132. And create not disorder in the earth after it has been set in order, and call upon Him in fear and hope. Surely, the mercy of Allah is nigh unto those who do good. (Al Quran 7:57)

133. And when it was said to them, “Dwell in this town and eat therefrom wherever you will, and say, ‘God! lighten our burden,’ and enter the gate in humility, We shall forgive you your sins, and surely We shall give increase to those who do good.” (Al Quran 7:162)

134. No blame lies on the weak, nor on the sick, nor on those who find naught to spend, if they are sincere to Allah and His Messenger. There is no cause of reproach against those who do good deeds; and Allah is Most Forgiving, Merciful. (Al Quran 9:91)

135. It was not proper for the people of Medina and those around them from among the Arabs of the desert that they should have remained behind the Messenger of Allah or that they should have preferred their own lives to his. That is because there distresses them neither thirst nor fatigue nor hunger in the way of Allah, nor do they tread a track which enrages the disbelievers, nor do they cause an enemy any injury whatsoever, but there is written down for them a good work on account of it. Surely, Allah suffers not the reward of those who do good to be lost. (Al Quran 9:120)

136. And be thou steadfast; for surely, Allah suffers not the reward of the righteous to perish. (Al Quran 11:116)

137. And when he attained his age of full strength, We granted him judgment and knowledge. And thus do We reward the doers of good. (Al Quran 12:23)

138. And with him there entered the prison two young men. One of them said, ‘I saw myself in a dream pressing wine.’ And the other said, ‘I saw myself in a dream carrying upon my head bread of which the birds are eating. Inform us of the interpretation thereof; for we see thee to be of the righteous.’ (Al Quran 12:37)

139. And thus did We establish Joseph in the land. He dwelt therein wherever he pleased. We bestow Our mercy on whomsoever We please, and We suffer not the reward of the righteous to perish. (Al Quran 12:57)

140. They said, ‘O exalted one, he has a very aged father, so take one of us in his stead; for we see thee to be of those who do good.’ (Al Quran 12:79)

141. They replied, ‘Art thou Joseph?’ He said, ‘Yes, I am Joseph and this is my brother. Allah has indeed been gracious to us. Verily, whoso is righteous and is steadfast — Allah will never suffer the reward of the good to be lost.’ (Al Quran 12:91)

142. Their flesh reaches not Allah, nor does their blood, but it is your righteousness that reaches Him. Thus has He subjected them to you, that you may glorify Allah for His guiding you. And give glad tidings to those who do good. (Al Quran 22:38)

143. And when he reached his age of full strength and attained maturity, We gave him wisdom and knowledge; and thus do We reward those who do good. (Al Quran 28:15)

144. A guidance and a mercy for those who do good. (Al Quran 31:4)

145. And he who submits himself completely to Allah, and is a doer of good, he has surely grasped a strong handle. And with Allah rests the end of all affairs. (Al Quran 31:23)

146. ‘But if you desire Allah and His Messenger and the Home of the Hereafter, then truly Allah has prepared for those of you who do good a great reward.’ (Al Quran 33:30)

147. Thus indeed do We reward those who do good. (Al Quran 37:81)

148. ‘Thou hast indeed fulfilled the dream.’ Thus indeed do We reward those who do good. (Al Quran 37:106)

149. Thus do We reward those who do good. (Al Quran 37:111)

150. And We bestowed blessings on him and Isaac. And among their progeny are some who do good and others who clearly wrong themselves. (Al Quran 37:114)

151. Thus indeed do We reward those who do good. (Al Quran 37:122)

152. Thus indeed do We reward those who do good. (Al Quran 37:132)

153. They will have with their Lord whatever they desire; that is the reward of those who do good. (Al Quran 39:35)

154. “Or lest it should say, when it sees the punishment, ‘Would that there were for me a return to the world, I would then be among those who do good!’” (Al Quran 39:59)

155. And before it there was the Book of Moses, a guide and a mercy; and this is a Book in the Arabic language fulfilling previous prophecies, that it may warn those who do wrong; and as glad tidings to those who do good. (Al Quran 46:13)

156. Receiving what their Lord will give them; for they used to do good before that. (Al Quran 51:17)

157. Thus surely do We reward those who do good. (Al Quran 77:45)

158. Nay, whoever submits himself completely to Allah, and is the doer of good, shall have his reward with his Lord. No fear shall come upon such, neither shall they grieve. (Al Quran 2:113)

159. And spend for the cause of Allah, and cast not yourselves into ruin with your own hands, and do good; surely, Allah loves those who do good. (Al Quran 2:196)

220 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by olajide21: 3:44pm On May 30, 2018
Ganiyat72:

Hypocrite spotted!!!.... why not own up to who you are. Your view of us doesn't matter. You can't hurt Al-Islam in the least of ways.

100 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by HigherEd: 3:55pm On May 30, 2018
Political Correcteness culture has sipped into the Vatican big time.... From God made gays homosexuals to Islam and terrorism are not same. I really weep for very conservative Catholics because the identity and values of the catholic church is being put to the test. I hope Vatican does not get the Canterbury treatment from the African bloc.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by CowHard: 4:23pm On May 30, 2018
I beg to disagree oga Pope

8 Likes

Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by Nobody: 4:23pm On May 30, 2018
Pope say the truth. Islam is a cancer dat shud be killed with laser

6 Likes

Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by lajimtatabe: 4:24pm On May 30, 2018
islam
Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by Kenturkey048(m): 4:24pm On May 30, 2018
The fear of iSiS is the beginning of foolishness

6 Likes

Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by trapQ: 4:24pm On May 30, 2018
Christians are the greatest enemy of Christianity, Especially the Catholics. Pentecostals are more vocal on such issues than Catholics esp the Pope who tends to be an Islamic fundamentalist.

From supporting homosexuality to this?

Plus the Catholic Church never spoke against herdsmen killings until herdsmen butchered Catholic priests.

5 Likes

Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by princeadams11: 4:24pm On May 30, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Go ahead and show the verses that encourages terrorism since you know

21 Likes

Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by Nobody: 4:25pm On May 30, 2018
When I say Christianity for the majority of Christians is a profession; people look at me like

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7185727_mqdefault_jpegafcfc2f7982b1016ff6fe10b5db76ffc

Professional Christians are like regular workers, they take breaks, holidays and weekends in religious belief and teachings.

If you have problems with the pope, you can start your mushroom church where you can freely, have carnal knowledge of your members, their sisters, sons and daughters like many professional Christians I know.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by maestroferddi: 4:25pm On May 30, 2018
Islam trying to defend the indefensible since you-dont-know-when...

I am sure this statement is being quoted out of context.

There is no how the Pope could have made the above statement.

If he did, then he must have been grievously ignorant.

Islam hardly condemns violence. It is all over the place in Suras, ayars of the Koran as well the Hadiths.

8 Likes

Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by ecode1(m): 4:25pm On May 30, 2018
economical
Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by Nobody: 4:26pm On May 30, 2018
What do you now suggest we equate it with Sir? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by flex04(m): 4:26pm On May 30, 2018
1) heheehe i no say seun go wn move this kind tin come fp

2) nxt dem go dey shout this is a follower of christ

Ganiyat72:

first muslim to say the truth this year grin grin grin....may ur fast be worthwhile...rem noo near woman ooo cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis by KingOfAmebo(m): 4:27pm On May 30, 2018
The Pope is trying to tell us it is the Christians that are the terrorist and they shout "Jesus Christ" not "Allahu Akbar" before bombing themselves... This Pope is extremely dumb. Period.

Not surprised this is coming from a church that pioneered terrorism by burning a man alive simply because he translated the bible to English for all to read.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Tyndale

When the devil speaks from the mouth of a man wearing white, you know darkness resides within...forget the "Holiness" deceit, the devil is beginning to reveal himself.

NB

Someone on this forum quoted me by saying it wasn't the Catholic Church that killed William Tyndale... he said William was killed by the King Of England and not the Catholic Church, so I took my time to deliver him from his ignorance.

Here was my reply:

Wow! never knew people like you still exist (ignorant and proud) with no iota of shame, so you mean you dont know the history of the church you attend every sunday right from childbirth through adulthood?...you are a classical example of a spiritually poor and impotent christain. Let me school you a bit about your Church (get a reading glass cuz I know you are blind).

Your daddy never told you the relationship between the catholic and the state:

The relations between the Catholic Church and the state have been constantly evolving with various forms of government, some of them controversial in retrospect. In its history it has had to deal with various concepts and systems of governance, from the Roman Empire to the medieval divine right of kings, from nineteenth and twentieth century concepts of democracy and pluralism to the appearance of left- and right-wing dictatorial regimes. Although the Second Vatican Council's decree Dignitatis humanae emphasized that people must not be coerced in matters of religion, it "leaves untouched traditional Catholic doctrine on the moral duty of men and societies toward the true religion and toward the one Church of Christ", i.e., that in an ideal society the Catholic Church would be recognized as the official religion of the state.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relations_between_the_Catholic_Church_and_the_state

Your eyes missed this when reading the first link I sent, so let me paste it and bold it for you again:

Tyndale's translation was the first English Bible to draw directly from Hebrew and Greek texts, the first English translation to use Jehovah as God's name as preferred by English Protestant Reformers, the first English translation to take advantage of the printing press, and first of the new English Bibles of the Reformation. It was taken to be a direct challenge to the hegemony of both the Roman Catholic Church and the laws of England maintaining the church's position. In 1530, Tyndale also wrote The Practyse of Prelates, opposing Henry VIII's annulment of his own marriage on the grounds that it contravened Scripture.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Tyndale

I can go on and on...but you are a #LazyYouth with zero ability to read and understand.

Next time ask your daddy how your church was founded...I doubt if he would tell you cuz the church was built on secrecy.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Video Moment Of Pastor Adeboye Discarding Prophecies On Election / Kumuyi Dedicates Bayelsa State New Governor's Office (photos) / 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.