Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,817 members, 7,806,296 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:15 PM

Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? (7671 Views)

Man Arrested For Abducting, Impregnating House Help / Lady Accuses Married Man Of Impregnating Women With Fake Marriage Proposal / Does Bearing A Child Validate A Woman As A Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by Ivynwa(f): 6:33pm On May 28, 2010
I really don't understand some of us Nigerians, some men will rather get a woman pregnant (and even wait and watch the pregnancy take form fully) before going ahead to pay a woman's dowry and on the other side some women will intentionally get pregnant to trap a man. These men are merely trying to outsmart God by playing Mr. Smart while the women are in a desperate rush to be married like others and be respected by our society.

Down in my village there are many unmarried ladies dragging their men into unplanned marriage. What's up with us? Are we as a society being too hard on ourselves? A man in this case might just be trying to avoid being mocked by the society if the woman he marries cannot have children while the ladies here are trying to be married and escape parental, siblings and societal pressure. Will you blame them much when it is our society that will still look down on them if they are of age and unmarried.
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by Romeo4real(m): 6:44pm On May 28, 2010
Get pregnant for me, I will watch and see it grow before I will marry you
This is obviously a foolish, immature man speaking.
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by mamagee3(f): 6:57pm On May 28, 2010
It's quite dumb.
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by Nobody: 7:59pm On May 28, 2010
Bullsit
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by Nobody: 10:31pm On May 28, 2010
There is nothing dumb about that,that is what some people are doing,if you marry late and then the woman cant get pregnant,how will that look like.Some of respondent dont live in Nigeria,so they are not in touch with the reality.
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by tayoast(m): 11:08pm On May 28, 2010
DIFFERENT STROKES. . .

d fact dt u dont agree doesnt make it dumb/bullshit??
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by kieryn(f): 12:08am On May 29, 2010
To define whether a women is wife material by whether she can conceive or not is ridiculous. Anyone ever thought that a man can prevent a women from getting pregnant
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by Nobody: 12:23am On May 29, 2010
kieryn:

To define whether a women is wife material by whether she can conceive or not is ridiculous. Anyone ever thought that a man can prevent a women from getting pregnant
Dont be naive,getting married is an hurdle ,bearing children is another one,so many women have lived dangerously and some are still living dangerously,society expects them to be married after some time,so what happens after,some are lucky and some are not.Do you know how expensive medicare is in Nigeria?Are you are aware their is no national health insurance in Nigeria,once you are giving a bill of 2 million ,you are finished unless you are rich ,but what about the poor?
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by Ivynwa(f): 3:06am On May 29, 2010
@Ola
I'm not too old to have children at 33, there is no justification to validate a lady's fertility before marriage. You can get her pregnant and gladly take her to the altar and anything can happen to the pregnancy after the wedding. The other lady that trapped her man with her pregnancy can lose it too after getting married and tying the knot. So what becomes of a marriage based on all these when such happens?
In the first case the man may become frustrated and even take it out on the woman, in the second case the man will definitely be unhappy too and will begin to feel real trapped without the baby(he is looking forward to which is the only thing that made him get into the marriage in the first place). It sure isn't a good base for marriage.
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by invisible2(m): 2:10pm On May 29, 2010
The ones that insist on getting the babe pregnant are those with guilty conscience, those that have tasted hundreds of bussys.
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by Outstrip(f): 9:39pm On May 29, 2010
The men who make sure a request are useless and the women who agree to it are even more useless
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by akunta(f): 3:46pm On Jun 02, 2010
shocked Tell me, wat is the guarrantee tat the child will b born after the wedding( thgs like misscarriage cud occur) or even if the child is born and one useless disease claims the life of the child before 2years of age and the woman is not able to conceive again? will the man in question ,de-marry her?
(aplogies for my grammar). Wat if the impotency issue is really frm the man and both parties dont realise?
i really dont belive tat it shud be a criteria before marriage cos most of all, we virgins who r waiting till our wedding nite migth never get to meet tat nite as men who will indugle us will be lacking. smiley
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by eldee(m): 11:06am On Jun 03, 2010
If you live in Nigeria, where the family is really important, then it is totally reasonable if you choose to know what you're getting into.
I wouldn't do it, but I don't see anything wrong with being secure if you want to.
In a community where a man without a child is seen as a failure, why should a man marry someone who's incapable of giving him a child??

All these idiots spewing effery will not marry a man without a house and a good bank account, so why are you guys crying when it benefits the man??
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by 190: 11:08am On Jun 03, 2010
[size=20pt]wud u buy a car without test driving it~[/size]
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by tkb417(m): 11:12am On Jun 03, 2010
All these idiots spewing effery will not marry a man without a house and a good bank account, so why are you guys crying when it benefits the man??

u dey mind dem

ill definitely wanna know if u can give me children. why shd i marry a bulldog?

never!! i no dey do if na "no testing"
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by hackney(m): 11:12am On Jun 03, 2010
@ poster : If you are going to marry her: YES
There are a lot of barren women out there looking for a young man to decieve.
Knock her up to ensure she is capable of bearing children like nomal women should.

Or else you will end up with an abortion-ravaged loose canon that now wants to decieve a good guy.
If she cant have children ,of what use is she then? She wants to stand around like a man abi? OK.
Dont let her give excuses why she is not taking in, like stress , cycle or wahtever. GET OUT in time.
if she thinks that a woman does not have to bear children in marriage, there is newyork; she can move there and set up camp.

After chasing money in all their youth with their nyash , some now want to come with their worn-out wombs
to settle with some gentle guy.

I think girls should even get preggers for the same reasons; so that you dont marry an infertile man.

The most selfish thing someone can do is getting married when they know they cant have children especially
when they know the partner wants kids.

And for the guys out here in the west eating biscuits and getting carried away, better not be foolish.
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by zebra543: 11:18am On Jun 03, 2010
Well i guess if the man is only marrying to have children, and ditto for women to take the sperm count!
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by slowie(m): 11:21am On Jun 03, 2010
wud u buy a car without test driving it~

thugi ni e, grin grin grin women be car?
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by eldee(m): 11:22am On Jun 03, 2010
tkb417:

u dey mind dem

ill definitely wanna know if u can give me children. why shd i marry a bulldog?

never!! i no dey do if na "no testing"

Next thing you'll see them giving you Super Story about how they had one abortion in secondary school because their uncle molested them. cheesy cheesy

zebra543:

Well i guess if the man is only marrying to have children, and ditto for women to take the spermatozoa count!

Yes . . . and that is confirmed with the pregnancy too.
I don't know why you guys are acting like raising a family is not the most important part of marriage.
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by hassymo5(m): 11:23am On Jun 03, 2010
people get kids that frustrate them, some get kid that kill them, if you are married without children God knows why,it may be that those children will make you unhappy, so in all circumstances give God the glory. done deceive him by getting pregnant or trying to check the fertility of your woman, if you do, wait and see the out come.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by eldee(m): 11:25am On Jun 03, 2010
hassymo5:

people get kids that frustrate them, some get kid that kill them, if you are married without children God knows why,it may be that those children will make you unhappy, so in all circumstances give God the glory. done deceive him by getting pregnant or trying to check the fertility of your woman, if you do, wait and see the out come.

This is Super Story

We are nothing but pencils in the hands of the creator.
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by hassymo5(m): 11:32am On Jun 03, 2010
eldee:

This is Super Story

We are nothing but pencils in the hands of the creator.

thanks man
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by dancewith: 11:34am On Jun 03, 2010
This was precisely what I did, way back in 2007 while still living in Nigeria. Was happier for it

Good luck to those relying on lottery!
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by tkb417(m): 11:35am On Jun 03, 2010
eldee:

Next thing you'll see them giving you Super Story about how they had one abortion in secondary school because their uncle molested them. cheesy cheesy

Yes . . . and that is confirmed with the pregnancy too.
I don't know why you guys are acting like raising a family is not the most important part of marriage.
like a proverb in yoruba says

opolopo alangba lo fikun dele, aomo eyi ti inu nrun grin grin grin (ol boi i try)

translation: There are many lizards lieing on their belle, we dont know the ones with stomach ache

how will i know  barren woman if i dont test her fertility?
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by yme1(f): 11:37am On Jun 03, 2010
what after getting pregnant and after the wedding she has a misscarriage or the baby dies during delivery
what are they gonna do?get a divorce or what? undecided
the fact is lets all accept what life throws at us
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by tkb417(m): 11:40am On Jun 03, 2010
y me:

what after getting pregnant and after the wedding she has a misscarriage or the baby dies during delivery
what are they gonna do?get a divorce or what? undecided
the fact is lets all accept what life throws at us
sweetie, if the baby dies, we'll make another one
i can do it well sef and get 2 at a go

marrying a barren woman isnt taking what life throws at me, its been stupid and daft
did u miss me?

@eldee

u havent signed up with the world cup fantasy league
ol boi, get in fast
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by eldee(m): 11:41am On Jun 03, 2010
tkb417:

like a proverb in yoruba says

opolopo alangba lo fikun dele, aomo eyi ti inu nrun grin grin grin (ol boi i try)

translation: There are many lizards lieing on their belle, we dont know the ones with stomach ache

how will i know  barren woman if i dont test her fertility?

Abi ooh . . . when it comes to reading a man's bank account jst by looking at his card, they're okay with that.
They think guys are dumb . . . opolopo eniyan nio mo pe opolo lopolo lori lopolopo. grin grin

hassymo5:

thanks man

You don't get it do you?? You're yarning Super Story.
Wale Adenuga Productions. grin grin
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by tkb417(m): 11:44am On Jun 03, 2010
eldee:

Abi ooh . . . when it comes to reading a man's bank account jst by looking at his card, they're okay with that.
They think guys are dumb . . . opolopo eniyan nio mo pe opolo lopolo lori lopolopo. grin grin

Wale Adenuga Productions. grin grin
LOLOLOLOLOLOL

this boi, u need to get back to Nigeria. UK is doing more harm than good to u
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by etaurus(m): 11:49am On Jun 03, 2010
They think guys are dumb . . . opolopo eniyan nio mo pe opolo lopolo lori lopolopo. Grin Grin

SUPER STORY KE
LAUGH WAN KILL ME DIE
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by zebra543: 11:50am On Jun 03, 2010
eldee:

Ill rephrase what i said, you dont have to ever 'be pregnant' to raise a family, biologically conceiving a child wouldnt make a family any greater! Unfortunately, many are still beyond understanding this and extreme and expensive actions are taken, when theres millions of children waiting to be adopted!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lioness Beats Down Her Mate When She Spots Him With Another Female (Pics) / Why Do Nigerian Girls Born In The UK And The US Find It Difficult To Get Married / Help Me Get Over My Sister's Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.