Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,994 members, 7,806,888 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

The Guy With Twelve Fingers And Twelve Toes - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Guy With Twelve Fingers And Twelve Toes (669 Views)

Where Is The Guy I Married? / Can I Bleep the Guy Next Door? / Where Is The Guy I Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Guy With Twelve Fingers And Twelve Toes by DevelopNaija: 1:38pm On May 31, 2018
During one of my volunteer outreaches, I met Idris who is blessed with twelve fingers and twelve toes. I was very amazed and that was my first (and still only time) I saw someone with extra body parts. Life is indeed full of wonders. Some people are looking for complete body parts, while some people have extra body parts.

My focus today is the beliefs/sentiments attached to a lot of things especially in Africa.

During my chat with Idris, he revealed that every member of his family is blessed with twelve fingers and twelve toes. For those who always attach spirituality to rare situations (no thanks to Nollywood movies), you would hear things like ‘Maybe his forefathers are cursed’ This is satanic’ ‘God-forbid bad thing’ ‘Go for deliverance, this is not ordinary’ ‘My child cannot marry someone like this oh!’ etc.

This equates the kind of sentiments/beliefs a lot of people upholds when it comes to the different situations impeding the growth and development in Nigeria. True change, growth and development begin from our mind-set. We need to change our mind-set on certain things for us to witness sustainable development in Nigeria.

Let me drop some of the beliefs/sentiments we should trash out for development in Nigeria to be fast-tracked.

1 . Religious Sentiments – (It is only a Muslim that will behave like this, Christians don’t. )
2. Christian Denomination Prejudice - (I can’t marry someone who doesn’t attend my church.)
3.Tribalism Brouhaha - (Is he Yoruba? Ah! I won’t vote for him.)
4. Gender Discrimination - (Over my dead body will I work under a female boss.)
5. Favouritism – (He is my brother, I can’t give this job to a stranger even if the stranger outperformed my brother)
6. Social media Ass-licking – (Why are you asking for his source of wealth? Broke people always have something to say. Mtcheeww!)

What other sentiments or beliefs should our minds be purged of, inorder to have a full cooperation of growth and development in Nigeria? Your comments will be appreciated.

Source - www.developnaija.com

Re: The Guy With Twelve Fingers And Twelve Toes by DevelopNaija: 1:58pm On May 31, 2018

Re: The Guy With Twelve Fingers And Twelve Toes by robinso01(m): 2:20pm On May 31, 2018
this is very rare, it is one in millions

(1) (Reply)

Dangerous Romance EPISODE 7 Is Out!!! / 10 Content Writers Needed / Premium Grammarly Account For Sale: Just ₦3000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.