Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,360 members, 7,808,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:25 AM

Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries (129838 Views)

Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? / UAE Lifts Travel Restrictions On Nigeria, 11 Other African Countries / Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by ferhyntorlah(f): 4:18pm On Jun 05, 2018
Iammercy2018:
the way they do your ATM as been blocked call Mr so so on this number to retrieve your ATM card in Nigeria that's what they're doing there too...

So they have imported this format to another country? Maka why nao?

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Triniti(m): 4:18pm On Jun 05, 2018
onatisi:

It all depends on who you move with and where you stay in Ghana.
Secondly Ghana bread are very good ,thirdly ,there is no where in Ghana where a loaf of bread is sold for 20ghc that is a big lie ,butter bread and sugar bread cost 6ghc and they will even cut it for you according to ur pocket. The most you will get a loaf of bread for is 8ghc ,maybe the guy should tell us where he bought his own for 20ghc. Snacks don't sell much in Ghana. About communication,it depends on the Calibre of people you interact and mingle with
bro you just lied, I never said I bought bread for 20 Cedis, I said it cost me 20 cedis to and fro for taxi just to buy bread in shop rite. Can you compare all those butter, sugar breads they cut that taste like raw flour to the ones we have here? Ghanaians can’t make pasteries simple! They should just thank God for the Lebanese who sawthe poor quality of their pasteries and utilized it

8 Likes

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Triniti(m): 4:31pm On Jun 05, 2018
onatisi:
oh ok , but still , you cant spend 20ghc within Accra on transportation . except maybe the taxi cheated you . in accra if you take a bus ride of 2-3ghc then that place must be far ,and most bus fares are between 1-5ghc, even from tema station in accra to kasoa , you cant spend up to 20ghc on bus fare . things are expensive in accra no doubt but not exorbitant or exploitative .
dude are you for real? Do you know how much it will cost you with tro tro from junction mall nungua to kasoa? It’s close to 15 cedis. From Grede estate where I lived to labadi by taxi cost 15 cedis, seems it’s been long you left Ghana?

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by onatisi(m): 4:32pm On Jun 05, 2018
Triniti:
dude are you for real? Do you know how much it will cost you with tro tro from junction mall nungua to kasoa? It’s close to 15 cedis. From Grede estate where I lived to labadi by taxi cost 15 cedis, seems it’s been long you left Ghana?
Read my post again. Thank you
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Iammercy2018: 4:54pm On Jun 05, 2018
ferhyntorlah:

So they have imported this format to another country? Maka why nao?
which format they haven't imported? They've taken those formats across the continent and beyond

1 Like

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by timmb(m): 5:08pm On Jun 05, 2018
A

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Kaymercury(m): 6:25pm On Jun 05, 2018
I'm loving bostwana already

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Zoe99(f): 8:52pm On Jun 05, 2018
onatisi:
Naija is a funny place ,things are cheap but yet ppl don't have the money to buy them because it is hard to make money.
Outside naija ,things are costly and expensive but yet many people find it very affordable to buy and get despite the fact that they are expensive compared to the naija settings. No wonder many nigerians quickily rise in life or their careers when they leave Nigeria . Because they realise that the opportunities which would have cost them little money in Nigeria and yet which they couldn't afford is now made affordable and available to them even though at a higher cost.
I like your theory.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by juniormercy(m): 6:31am On Jun 06, 2018
Kaymercury:

Are you in Botswana?
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Kaymercury(m): 6:49am On Jun 06, 2018
juniormercy:

Are you in Botswana?
no I'm in nigeria planning to move to bostwana

1 Like

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by effluxpump(m): 8:50am On Jun 06, 2018
JWTheocracy1:

I don't understand what you mean by "to make it in Nigeria" bro. People like you are those who believe that life is all about Money. Have you considered your health, the environment, your happiness and your safety ? That's what proves you're wise and want the best for yourself. This life is not all about Money.
That's why people like you have decided to be patriotic no matter how bad things have gone wrong in Nigeria as long as they are getting the money. You're still too far from reality of life.
Will like to get a few tips from you..
Nwenduedeh004@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Ugosample(m): 9:20am On Jun 06, 2018
kagari:
dont be domiciled in one city and assume same for all cities in nigeria. most countries in africa are one city country, so they make sure the city mostly the capital is in good shape

the only advantage you have as a nigeria over other nationals of other africa countries is our work spirit, Nigerians are human machine

the person talking about lessons in gambia, do you think people dont rake in millions from lessons in nigeria, if you aint making it in this city, try another city.

and yes this isnt ethnicity, most french countries thinks igbo is nigeria, you say you are nigeria they ask are you igbo?

my brother if you enter sambisa forest at the right time and right skill you would be blessed in sambisa forest

i am a travel consultant, i make money when people want to travel, but for this topic i have to be real. nigeria is way better than most africa countries.

standard of living might be poor, but opportunuties abound more in nigeria than most africa and european countries

The main advantage in Nigeria is the population, and Nigerians tend to be more exposed (maybe a lil bit) than many other African countries

Apart from that, the ease of doing business is far worse in Nigeria than many other countries

Rwanda even tho is a smaller country has a better ease of doing business score than Nigeria, and guarantees a higher rate of return too.

Ivory coast the same thing
Even Namibia, (though I have not been there before, but I hear positive stuff about the place too)

Nigeria is just a somehow countty, that's what I have to say

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by NONNYG: 10:46am On Jun 06, 2018
Nigeria need fumigation, therefore everyone need to go outside & later come back when the process is completed

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by kayla12(f): 11:12am On Jun 06, 2018
Kaymercury:

Please can you explain how to go about getting visa and some other good information so people that are interested too can benefit

1 Like

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by mkbessman(m): 12:57pm On Jun 06, 2018
Kaymercury:

but how much do you think will do to get to botswana though I know you're not there now. let me know what to work on

1 Like

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by udocity2: 1:14pm On Jun 06, 2018
dudebuck:
Botswana is heavenly naa. They won the best Police in Africa.
dudebuck:
dudebuck:
.....bro pls how do I get their visa

1 Like

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Kaymercury(m): 8:00pm On Jun 06, 2018
kayla12:

Please can you explain how to go about getting visa and some other good information so people that are interested too can benefit
I'm still working on it

1 Like

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Kaymercury(m): 8:08pm On Jun 06, 2018
mkbessman:

but how much do you think will do to get to botswana though I know you're not there now. let me know what to work on
this I did not know but am working on it actually and I will definitely share all the information I lay my hands uopn

1 Like

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by adejaresalami1(m): 8:14pm On Jun 06, 2018
Kaymercury:
Baba no be only you oo grin

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by onatisi(m): 8:34pm On Jun 06, 2018
Kaymercury:
most countries in the south of africa are very good , namely namibia and botswana , i once had an igbo friend in namibia who was selling cars there in the early 2000s, he was thinking of migrating to canada then .he must have done so by now and he always told me that namibia is very very good, lots of white in botswana . another place to look at is Gabon , nice place with lots of ibo traders,infact their major market then was 95% dominated by ibos . gabon has a long history with nigeria as they were the ones who accepted ibos as refugees during the civil war and after the war many ibos settled down there . nice country .

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by pat077: 8:56pm On Jun 06, 2018
Kaymercury:
is Botswana better than South Africa in terms of job prospects

1 Like

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by tapingil(m): 10:57pm On Jun 06, 2018
I think it would be fair to warn people there would be heavy language barrier when they leave Nigeria... I mean it's really serious.. Africans love to take their languages seriously, and you would feel like fools for a while..

Also going to another mans land you would have be really patient and strategic.. key work patient.. wat would work for peter doesn't mean it would work for Paul..

For all those queuing for teaching jobs sending cvs, have you tried other states in Nigeria? Cos I know there are wonderful schools around .

Funds... you would need tons and tons of it.. cos there is never too much.

And pls when leaving Nigeria, just know where ever u are heading to, they have their rules, u break them you pay.

Rome wasn't built in a day oo..

To triniti, I believe from Greda estate to labadi, just get a cab to that little roundabout or to first junction. From there, going with tro tro doesn't cost that much.. max is 4 Ghana..

As about food, nobody pushed u to leave Nigeria na.. u decided, so anybody leaving the shores should know that he/she would eat whatever he gets...

And lastly.. pls everybody should stay where where he is .. cos selling the idea of another country to u, u leave and it's not favorable to u I would be the first person you could yab...

Pls stay and help build Vision 2020... abi good people great nation .. who says that any more sef.

4 Likes

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by mkbessman(m): 10:32am On Jun 07, 2018
Kaymercury:
this I did not know but am working on it actually and I will definitely share all the information I lay my hands uopn

tnx for your response
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Niggafckyou07(m): 1:03pm On Jun 07, 2018
Hello folks! I have read about opportunities that are existent in other African countries on this thread but Nigerians who are there have not provided a detailed data sheet as regards "business and potential industries that could be tapped" : keyword is detailed. Myself and others would be glad to peruse such information and build together. One love folks!

By the way, can anyone living in Gambia furnish me with necessary information about travelling requirements and cost as I am intending to use my bs.c profitably over there rather than wasting it here. Thanks!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Kaplus: 4:07pm On Jun 08, 2018
dy79:

I feel like helping everyone, but what I can say is that if you guys can drop your CV and credentials I will seriously be of help. But I will make a point clear that the salary is relatively poor only private class is the way out. I was in Niger teaching maths in an a level school at ilupeju Lagos and I was earning even bigger than my current salary but what I make from private class here in Gambia is *4....my Niger salary put together... Let me have your CV please.

kindly drop ur email
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by tmeg: 4:14pm On Jun 09, 2018
Ugosample:

What she is saying is the truth

Nigeria has lost its moral compass

Everyone wants to hit it big by all means, and the people in that country encourage them to go into crime
Look at the comments of Nigerians in the page of Yahoo boys, that would tell you how rotten Nigerian youths have become

In the midst of these, why won't put people go across the world committing crimes and dosgracing themselves all in the bid to impress and be "big boy"

Is Nigeria the only country that people are "suffering"?

Why then are the Nigerians the most desperate?

Because Nigerians, well most of them have lost all sense of morality and good conscience.

I concur with you,although is our today society that causes that today because money is been valued than integrity.
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by olatuneji: 4:38pm On Jun 09, 2018
FroshJaynex:
I love this topic because just yesterday I was thinking about the same thing, I got to Botswana and in just 6month am worth more than $54,000 at least for a very broke boy from the street of Lagos, hustle to hustle carry me enter, I beg my fellow Nigerians to leave and try move into these coded countries, that's what I call them and see how big Nigerians are living and enjoying life on a low key, Many of them calculate in dollars. One yahoo boy #5m hit is my own bills in a month outside, u see say things are not the same at all.
bro i just sent you a mail.i will apreciate if you do justice to it.
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 09, 2018
Triniti:
bro you just lied, I never said I bought bread for 20 Cedis, I said it cost me 20 cedis to and fro for taxi just to buy bread in shop rite. Can you compare all those butter, sugar breads they cut that taste like raw flour to the ones we have here? Ghanaians can’t make pasteries simple! They should just thank God for the Lebanese who sawthe poor quality of their pasteries and utilized it
Why you dey follow am argue na..
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Triniti(m): 5:33pm On Jun 09, 2018
dumo1:

Why you dey follow am argue na..
Omoh mehn I tire for the guy

1 Like

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by famouscargo: 9:52pm On Jun 10, 2018
For all cargo export to all African countries. Ghana, Togo, Ivory coast , Guinea, SA, Mali etc. I can handle it

1 Like

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by famouscargo: 9:59pm On Jun 10, 2018
Froshjaynex, Triniti, ugosample, onatisi, tapingkil,wizmikee and others. Cargo export is what I do. In case you have goods to export from Nigeria.
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by cutieme(m): 10:56pm On Jun 10, 2018
famouscargo:
For all cargo export to all African countries. Ghana, Togo, Ivory coast , Guinea, SA, Mali etc. I can handle it
Liberia too?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (37) (Reply)

Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) / My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.