Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,957 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do (75087 Views)

Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice / My Younger Sister Has This Entitlement Mentality. Help I'm Scared For Her. / My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by IAMMRTWHYTE(m): 1:09pm On Jun 02, 2018
It depends on why she is in your house.. If she is searching for job, help her search so she will get employed and live your house. What ever she is doing that is making her squat with you, help to do it fast so that she can go. But if she is just staying there for staying sake, this is what you should tell your wife.. HONEY, DO YOU PREFER I CHANGE MY ATTITUDE TOWARDS YOU HENCEFORTH? , or YOUR SISTER CAN LIVE US ALONE IN PEACE...After that conversation go and relax. She knows priority.
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by rossyc(f): 1:29pm On Jun 02, 2018
Rhea:

Unfortunately, your wife has no powers here. It must have to do with the way they were raised. She must have been an overpowering big sister, otherwise your wife would have sent her packing after 2 weeks. It is time you stepped up to the plate and tell her to pack her stuff and hit the road. If your wife objects, then pack her bag as well.
Pack her bag as well? easier said than done.
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by rossyc(f): 1:43pm On Jun 02, 2018
alimaa:
I know i am supposed to post this in the family section but i always get better response from the Romance section. I don't know whether any of you has been in a situation where an in-law comes for a short visit and finally settles in your home without any sign of leaving anytime soon.

My wife's elder sister who is single came to visit us in January but up till now she has not made any move to go and it's not as if we live in a big apartment so there is no much privacy. We got married in 2015 so our union is still young.

This kind of situation puts one in a dilemma because you just don't know what to say and you will be termed "a bad person". She lies on our matrimonial bed even in my presence.

Before now i never knew someone would feel comfortable staying with a younger sister in her matrimonial home. If it is as a result of accommodation problem or maybe you went to a distant location to do one or two things and you now spend sometime in your younger sister's home, that is understandable.

Please what advice do you have for me?
The question now is what does she do?
Does she work? if yes then try to accommodate her she will eventually leave your house when she save some money for rent or if you can assist to rent a place for her, that's OK.
Is she job hunting? If yes, then assist her to get something doing that will hasten her exit.
Then if she is doing nothing and has no plans to, probably she is just staying for the sake of it then you can ask ur wife to talk to her mum. Asking her to leave your house will bring enmity so handle the situation maturely.
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by johnwell(m): 1:46pm On Jun 02, 2018
From my own observation, i feel the OP's wife is the one paying the bills of that family, that's why he has no say.

There are some dark spots in this story, Mr. Husband is hiding something, I'm not comfortable with this story.

This is your home, if you're truly the head, go and act as one.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by alimaa: 1:59pm On Jun 02, 2018
nittroboy:
I pity you, say it cheesy and see chemical reaction, mind you , your life is not secure anymore,she would believed that you would soon cheat on her, Your Death In Advance. grin

you will die instead

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by josite: 2:22pm On Jun 02, 2018
alimaa:
I know i am supposed to post this in the family section but i always get better response from the Romance section. I don't know whether any of you has been in a situation where an in-law comes for a short visit and finally settles in your home without any sign of leaving anytime soon.

My wife's elder sister who is single came to visit us in January but up till now she has not made any move to go and it's not as if we live in a big apartment so there is no much privacy. We got married in 2015 so our union is still young.

This kind of situation puts one in a dilemma because you just don't know what to say and you will be termed "a bad person". She lies on our matrimonial bed even in my presence.

Before now i never knew someone would feel comfortable staying with a younger sister in her matrimonial home. If it is as a result of accommodation problem or maybe you went to a distant location to do one or two things and you now spend sometime in your younger sister's home, that is understandable.

Obviously you want her to leave and it is obvious you dont want to be labelled a bad person.firstly ask GOD for wisdom ,particularly ask him to tell you what you dont know about your in law presence in your house and what yo dont see.after some deep reflections,use wise words to let your wife knows how you feel taking heed that you dont hurt her and knowing what goes around comes around because you might also need an inlaw of yours to come around and stay in the future.Then get ready to assist your in law to find a place ,maybe near your house just in case she has a financial challenge or any other challenge.YOU may not know but her presence in your house may be in the end for your own good.if you deal rashly with the situation,i can sure you the regrets will be yours.That people marries us doesnt mean thy should hate or be cruel to their own,who stood in for them in times past and without them ,your wife may not have been in a marriageable.dont self justified,your approach to her presence may actually be found reprehensible by GOD.Its easy for you to complain about privacy ,about eating chicken all the time forgetting there was a time you yourself couldnt afford a roof over your head and someone's else provided that roof.
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by James4424: 2:26pm On Jun 02, 2018
EkoErrands:

After I give you my own advice you won't believe I'm not yet married... grin

My brother when she enter una room and lay on the bed even when your wife dey there ...just go and take your bath and come in with only towel then remove the towel and start searching for your boxers in their presence ....

Out of the 2 one persons brain must reset.

This will definitely work. No jokes.

Your wife brain will actually reset and see things as it is clearly.
Except she wants to share husband with her sister.
This is a smart way out.

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by crislyn(f): 2:43pm On Jun 02, 2018
kimbraa:
And you're so beautiful.
Hahaha thanks.
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by josite: 2:57pm On Jun 02, 2018
dulphines:
Make more money, get a bigger apartment and accommodate everyone. Who knows tomorrow?
U are a most blessed man.if this is really you,u will live up to 100 years and still be prospering.you are too realistic,too factual,too much on point.our world forgets what marriage is all about and thats why with marriage,they still dont have peace.
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by josite: 3:09pm On Jun 02, 2018
if this your elder sister becomes the governor's wife tomorrow and you and your wife are out of job ,im very sure you wont mind your wife ,her junior sister and her kids staying permanently in government's house till you sort your life out.
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by mimimile93: 3:15pm On Jun 02, 2018
alimaa:

She what? Sleeps on your bed.?
Op! Be ready to face a rape or attempted rape case.
That woman is an agent bin sent to ruin ur home..
The earlier you sent her parking the better for you.

Or was there any written agreement that your house is your in-laws' house?

Op don't be a poosie nigga. Tonight call her before your wife sit her down. Ask her her mission in your house then tell her that her presence is no longer welcomed. She should leave your house tomorrow morning. Give her transport.

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by Bernice4ozodo(f): 4:05pm On Jun 02, 2018
Abeg which one z inconvenience,shey she z a family member den go ahead n b doing ur sex romances in her presence I bliv she will b uncomfortable to pack out,,,i c no reason y she should make u feel uncomfortable in ur own house Aaaaah!!! Dats a taboo

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jun 02, 2018
crislyn:

Hahaha thanks.
You're welcome.
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by ttaluko(m): 4:47pm On Jun 02, 2018
Start becoming in responsible at home with them by making them lack things that make are comfortable
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by abimic(m): 4:51pm On Jun 02, 2018
kimbraa:
If you ask her to leave, you become an enemy, and if your wife who happens to be her younger sister should ask her to leave, she'd assume your wife is being disrespectful to her because she's married and she's not. Tell your wife to explain the situation to her mother or someone older to call her back and give you guys space.
Girl with Brain,i doff my cap....... So u shaprapra like this.....

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by Charly68: 6:04pm On Jun 02, 2018
No home training for them or what ? Be bold to speak up
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by Jessybliz: 6:08pm On Jun 02, 2018
kimbraa:
If you ask her to leave, you become an enemy, and if your wife who happens to be her younger sister should ask her to leave, she'd assume your wife is being disrespectful to her because she's married and she's not. Tell your wife to explain the situation to her mother or someone older to call her back and give you guys space.

wow...... I Love this. You are a good Advicer

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by Rhea(f): 7:14pm On Jun 02, 2018
rossyc:

Pack her bag as well? easier said than done.

None is easy, but one has to sound a note of finality when confronted with these sorts of absurdities. The greatest threats to marriages are extended families and friends. When two strangers make a commitment to live with each other and learn to tolerate their differences while appreciating their meeting grounds, the last thing they need is some nuisance to compound what is already a difficult mission to accomplish. The courteous thing to do is ask the wife to politely ask the sister to leave. After 5 months stay, I would assume that the reserve of courtesy has been exhausted. Next is to sound the warning bell.

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jun 02, 2018
kimbraa:
Follow this advice and let some older ones in your familes especially your wife's family pressurise her to go back home.
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by nittroboy(m): 8:49pm On Jun 02, 2018
What of you undecided, when are you going to die dude

alimaa:
you will die instead
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by Matthew4sure(m): 10:33pm On Jun 02, 2018
Start to sleep outside if your wife ask you why sleep outside tell your wife say you want to give her and her sister privacy before you know your wife will pursue her sister fast fast try it and thank me later.

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by Daboomb: 7:46am On Jun 03, 2018
josite:

Obviously you want her to leave and it is obvious you dont want to be labelled a bad person.firstly ask GOD for wisdom ,particularly ask him to tell you what you dont know about your in law presence in your house and what yo dont see.after some deep reflections,use wise words to let your wife knows how you feel taking heed that you dont hurt her and knowing what goes around comes around because you might also need an inlaw of yours to come around and stay in the future.Then get ready to assist your in law to find a place ,maybe near your house just in case she has a financial challenge or any other challenge.YOU may not know but her presence in your house may be in the end for your own good.if you deal rashly with the situation,i can sure you the regrets will be yours.That people marries us doesnt mean thy should hate or be cruel to their own,who stood in for them in times past and without them ,your wife may not have been in a marriageable.dont self justified,your approach to her presence may actually be found reprehensible by GOD.Its easy for you to complain about privacy ,about eating chicken all the time forgetting there was a time you yourself couldnt afford a roof over your head and someone's else provided that roof.

With all these many 'Might', 'May' and "Maybe's" ........ the Op cannot take any lesson from your post!

He wants "answers/solutions" ...not conjectures!

You want Op to ask God for wisdom?
Who tells you he even knows how to pray or even believe in God! shocked shocked grin grin grin

Best solution, that would not offend or incriminate anyone is for him to start walking around the house, UNCLAD.
The sister herself will have no option than to request to leave.....abi she wan get pregnant for her junior sister's husband? undecided undecided

BTW: Op, you have deliberately refused to answer people's question concerning what she came to do in your house, whether schooling, working, job-hunting, e.t.c.
This makes me to think the story is all FABRICATED to generate traffic.
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by divinelove(m): 6:45pm On Jun 03, 2018
alimaa:

you made her sooo comfortable dts why, make her uncomfortable n she will leave without being told

This is Africa n it will be too rude for you to tell her to leave your house when she has not done anything bad, only ur wife can convey DT message.
Re: My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do by choicecharles: 4:17pm On Jun 04, 2018
some mothers are as senseless as their daughters
ElsonMorali:

Lol.

But the issue is if he comes late I don't see how that's going to get the woman to leave that house.

The best thing I suppose is for the wife's mom to call her daughter to order. That's the only person that may be able to talk sense to her.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

When Does A Woman Conceive? / Paul Okoye Blasts Davido For Calling Those Who Attended His Birthday Party Pussy / My Wife Is Angry With Me Because I Bought Underwears For Her Niece

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.