Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,772 members, 7,798,580 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

Ambode Releases N859 Million For Retirees Pension - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Releases N859 Million For Retirees Pension (6654 Views)

FG Releases N13.89bn For Retirees’ Pension Payment (Dailytrust) / FG Releases N14.9bn For Retirees’ Accrued Rights / Bolanle Ambode Gives Couple With Quintuplets N500,000 Monthly Allowance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ambode Releases N859 Million For Retirees Pension by naijapage(f): 1:12pm On Jun 01, 2018
@APROKOGIRL

The Lagos State Government has released the sum of N859.059m for the payment of accrued pension rights to 158 Public Service retirees under the Contributory Pension Scheme for May 2018.

Addressing the retirees at the 51stRetirement Benefit Bond Certificate Presentation Ceremony today, the Commissioner, for Establishments, Training and Pensions, Dr. Benson Oke Akintola said the State government has paid accrued pension rights in excess of N37.5billion into the Retirement Savings Accounts of 9,045 retirees since the inception of the present administration.

He said, “Despite the fact that the funding obligations of the current pension scheme are high, Governor Ambode is committed to the wellbeing of the Pensioners and the active staff. Hence funds are released regularly to pay staff salaries and Pensioners’ dues”.

Speaking earlier, the Director-General, Lagos State Pension Commission (LASPEC), Mrs. Folashade Onanuga informed the retirees that the present administration was fine-tuning the process of rolling out benefits to make life easier for the retirees.

She implored the retirees to study the leaflets distributed by the State Government in respect of the two options for receipt of monthly Pension entitlements and opt for anyone of their choice.

The Lagos State Government has released the sum of N859.059m for the payment of accrued pension rights to 158 Public Service retirees under the Contributory Pension Scheme for May 2018.

Addressing the retirees at the 51stRetirement Benefit Bond Certificate Presentation Ceremony today, the Commissioner, for Establishments, Training and Pensions, Dr. Benson Oke Akintola said the State government has paid accrued pension rights in excess of N37.5billion into the Retirement Savings Accounts of 9,045 retirees since the inception of the present administration.

He said, “Despite the fact that the funding obligations of the current pension scheme are high, Governor Ambode is committed to the wellbeing of the Pensioners and the active staff. Hence funds are released regularly to pay staff salaries and Pensioners’ dues”.

Speaking earlier, the Director-General, Lagos State Pension Commission (LASPEC), Mrs. Folashade Onanuga informed the retirees that the present administration was fine-tuning the process of rolling out benefits to make life easier for the retirees.

She implored the retirees to study the leaflets distributed by the State Government in respect of the two options for receipt of monthly Pension entitlements and opt for anyone of their choice.

BY APROKO GIRL : https://aprokogirl.com/9554/ambode-releases-n859-million-for-retirees-pension/

cc; lalasticlala

7 Likes

Re: Ambode Releases N859 Million For Retirees Pension by naijapage(f): 1:12pm On Jun 01, 2018
Good Man

6 Likes

Re: Ambode Releases N859 Million For Retirees Pension by Jozzy1063: 4:54pm On Jun 01, 2018
Dats my man

1 Like

Re: Ambode Releases N859 Million For Retirees Pension by Edu3Again: 4:54pm On Jun 01, 2018
GOOD BLESS THE MAN!

THINGS ARE HARD FOR THEM ALREADY, SO PAYING THEM IS A BOOST TO THEM

7 Likes

Re: Ambode Releases N859 Million For Retirees Pension by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 01, 2018
Keep it up sir , Lagos is my country.

Haters goan drink sniper..

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Releases N859 Million For Retirees Pension by mknigeriagreat: 4:55pm On Jun 01, 2018
I think this present federal government should just swallow her pride and setup a serious committee to understudy Lagos state. This state policies and ideas work. Also continuity is working what makes Lagos state distinct among other states. Each successor finishes previously unfinished projects and set in motion new ones that a new administrator doesn't abandon. And that is one of the few things I like about this present federal government. Even though they are not on the same page with the previous administration(PDP), not a single project that was done by the previous administration ( that I know oooo) was abandoned.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ambode Releases N859 Million For Retirees Pension by Lakside1955(m): 4:58pm On Jun 01, 2018
If I hear say ambode no win 2nd term, make I bend to dubliyu grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ambode Releases N859 Million For Retirees Pension by seguno2: 5:00pm On Jun 01, 2018
What is the meaning of this announcement?
To pay pensions now na news?
How low have we sunken

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Releases N859 Million For Retirees Pension by obembet(f): 5:00pm On Jun 01, 2018
The only president that I recognize

4 Likes

Re: Ambode Releases N859 Million For Retirees Pension by TeamLeader(m): 5:01pm On Jun 01, 2018
Ambode for 3rd term please

6 Likes

Re: Ambode Releases N859 Million For Retirees Pension by instinctg(m): 5:02pm On Jun 01, 2018
should this be news?

are things so bad that average is being celebrated as excellence?

7 Likes

Re: Ambode Releases N859 Million For Retirees Pension by frankwyte: 5:02pm On Jun 01, 2018
It is a shame that your Lagos parliament wrote their name in hall of shame by refusing to attend to the' not too young to rule bill'. What a shame under your watch. You joined the likes of Kano & Zanfara.... Come to see only your state was the southern state that showed this disdain towards the youth because listening to a Tinubu.... Shame!!!

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Releases N859 Million For Retirees Pension by seguno2: 5:03pm On Jun 01, 2018
Lakside1955:

Because he released money for paying pensions, which doesn’t mean that he has paid it?
Is that how your employer announces that he is paying your salary?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Releases N859 Million For Retirees Pension by seguno2: 5:06pm On Jun 01, 2018
mknigeriagreat:
I think this present federal government should just swallow her pride and setup a serious committee to understudy Lagos state. This state policies and ideas work. Also continuity is working what makes Lagos state distinct among other states. Each successor finishes previously unfinished projects and set in motion new ones that a new administrator doesn't abandon. And that is one of the few things I like about this present federal government. Even though they are not on the same page with the previous administration(PDP), not a single project that was done by the previous administration ( that I know oooo) was abandoned.

Please compare Lagos state budget and responsibilities to that of the federal government before you embarrass yourself.
What has Fashola done since 2015 at the federal level

4 Likes

Re: Ambode Releases N859 Million For Retirees Pension by klasys(m): 5:06pm On Jun 01, 2018
Nice gesture
Re: Ambode Releases N859 Million For Retirees Pension by Sammyblaq(m): 5:09pm On Jun 01, 2018
Abia State kwanu?
Re: Ambode Releases N859 Million For Retirees Pension by Buffalowings3(m): 5:14pm On Jun 01, 2018
So
No be him work, i should climb mount everest? undecided

See the commemts above.
Poticians have used some peoples head to play football grin

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Releases N859 Million For Retirees Pension by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:15pm On Jun 01, 2018
AMBODE IS WORKING.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Releases N859 Million For Retirees Pension by afroniger: 5:21pm On Jun 01, 2018
seguno2:

Please compare Lagos state budget and responsibilities to that of the federal government before you embarrass yourself.

Oga, why is it that you never ever see anything good in any news, only the bad? You even go as far as lying just to put a negative spin on positive news. Na wah for you. Na so you bitter reach?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Releases N859 Million For Retirees Pension by FuckoffMOD: 5:23pm On Jun 01, 2018
Lakside1955:
ABI third term
Re: Ambode Releases N859 Million For Retirees Pension by mknigeriagreat: 5:26pm On Jun 01, 2018
seguno2:

\

Maybe you should always use your bumbum to think since your head is not thinking right. Did I mention ministry of power or ministry of housing? All I know and all your ancestors from the 1780's can bear me witness to it excluding you with low IQ is that, Lagos state, its policies and its administrators, are all working. Maybe you should name your state and let's verify.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Releases N859 Million For Retirees Pension by mknigeriagreat: 5:29pm On Jun 01, 2018
afroniger:

Oga, why is it that you never ever see anything good in any news, only the bad? You even go as far as lying just to put a negative spin on positive news. Na wah for you. Na so you bitter reach?

Tell that jambite boy to name his state. Some of them are so silly and annoying. Just see what he wrote up there. All they know is to type even if it requires them typing with their anus and not their brains. I wouldn't blame Buhari when he said they are lazy youths. To read and comprehend is like climbing the highest mountain or them. Gone are the days when you research before you talk but now, they talk without a single valid point. Simple question for that irritating boy. IS LAGOS WORKING OR NOT?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Releases N859 Million For Retirees Pension by Ayotemide(f): 5:48pm On Jun 01, 2018
It is Paid entitlements people. Not Charity!

stop celebrating that you get what you worked for and have every damn right to have.

I have an headache from this mediocrity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Releases N859 Million For Retirees Pension by Ayotemide(f): 5:50pm On Jun 01, 2018
frankwyte:
It is a shame that your Lagos parliament wrote their name in hall of shame by refusing to attend to the' not too young to rule bill'. What a shame under your watch. You joined the likes of Kano & Zanfara.... Come to see only your state was the southern state that showed this disdain towards the youth because listening to a Tinubu.... Shame!!!

Joor, now that it is signed by the President , do we still need their assent?
Re: Ambode Releases N859 Million For Retirees Pension by pafisayo(m): 5:54pm On Jun 01, 2018
seguno2:

Be honest ‘
The part you did not like was when he mentioned “present administration “
He scored a good point... the present administration that’s being maneuvered by the Dullard has done one thing that’s in-Common with Lagos... he is executing and ensuring the projects that were conceived by the Past Administration are being worked on’ revamped or completed!!
And that’s a good thing for Nigeria irrespective of who takes credit for these projects

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Releases N859 Million For Retirees Pension by afroniger: 5:57pm On Jun 01, 2018
mknigeriagreat:

Tell that jambite boy to name his state. Some of them are so silly and annoying. Just see what he wrote up there. All they know is to type even if it requires them typing with their anus and not their brains. I wouldn't blame Buhari when he said they are lazy youths. To read and comprehend is like climbing the highest mountain or them. Gone are the days when you research before you talk but now, they talk without a single valid point. Simple question for that irritating boy. IS LAGOS WORKING OR NOT?

He's actually from the SE though Lagos-based (don't let the moniker fool you), he was busted sometime ago. But he has always shown a deep-seated hatred for Lagos. He resents any positive news coming from the state. I don't understand why he can't face his own state.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Releases N859 Million For Retirees Pension by INTEGRITYA1(m): 5:59pm On Jun 01, 2018

Nice one from Lagos State:
First option: Programmed withdrawal
Second option: Annuity.

For the features and benefits of both options
Then for most suitable option.

Check my signature for contact.

May our retirees live long enough to enjoy the fruits of their labour.
Re: Ambode Releases N859 Million For Retirees Pension by mknigeriagreat: 6:00pm On Jun 01, 2018
Ayotemide:
It is Paid entitlements people. Not Charity!

stop celebrating that you get what you worked for and have every damn right to have.

I have an headache from this mediocrity.

Go to states like Osun where the governor has refused to pay the pensioners that are entitled to this money and say this. You think it was a joke when Dangote made a statement three months ago that ''do you think we the rich that decide to trade our businesses in Lagos don't know what we are doing''?. He went further to tell the business tycoons sited that they can all go to other states and setup their businesses and see what becomes of it. Truth is some states are also coming up but Lagos is way far ahead and should be a prototype for the federal government. Things dey happen for LAG. If you know, you know and if you don't you don't.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ambode Releases N859 Million For Retirees Pension by troublemakea(m): 6:01pm On Jun 01, 2018
seguno2:

SMH life is really hard for the blind undecided

what has he done at the federal level. the most foolish question hv heard since my day began

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Releases N859 Million For Retirees Pension by troublemakea(m): 6:04pm On Jun 01, 2018
mknigeriagreat:
\

Maybe you should always use your bumbum to think since your head is not thinking right. Did I mention ministry of power or ministry of housing? All I know and all your ancestors from the 1780's can bear me witness to it excluding you with low IQ is that, Lagos state, its policies and its administrators, are all working. Maybe you should name your state and let's verify.

dont mind the stupid guy during Jonathan's time we beg for light that even a whole week would pass with just a flash. but now my area has become a place where nepa now take light for just 3-4 hours and that's how it is even in the neighboring community

life is really hard for seguno2. dont mind him

4 Likes

Re: Ambode Releases N859 Million For Retirees Pension by searchlight: 6:07pm On Jun 01, 2018
I think the money was released to pay Lagos state civil servants who have retired? if that's so I wonder what's the primary function of any government. if this is news worthy then in another news "my company just sent my credit salary alert to my union bank yesterday for the month of May " so when you commend Ambode pls remember my company too. the news would have been that Lagos State government successfully restricted Abdulrasheed Maina from hijacking #895million released for pensioners in the state kikikikikikikikikijijikikiki

(1) (2) (Reply)

Profile Of First Acting President, Nwafor Orizu / Unemployed Nigerian Pilots Protest Influx Of Expatriate Pilots / Evidence Act 2011 As Amended

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.