Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... (60292 Views)

Senator Ben Murray Bruce Withdraws From Senatorial Race / Ben Murray-Bruce Welcomes Saraki To PDP / Ben Murray-Bruce: Poverty Is The Fastest Growing Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jun 02, 2018
Stop being myopic in your thoughts...think outside the box and you will see and understand the big picture!

Firstpage:

Do we manufacture jersey materials in Nigeria?

Aba traders import inferior materials from China and sew in Nigeria. Is that what you want Nike to partner with? You can only say that if we had the capacity to manufacture these products here in Nigeria. So far every aba products are still imported from China.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by TheEminentLaity: 12:54pm On Jun 02, 2018
Shut up if you don't have anything meaningful to say. There are specifications require for international jerseys. These jerseys are supposed to be produced in Nigeria where the majority of the team supporters are.

The ones produced by Nike are unaffordable by most of the nations supporters and you are here talking bullocks. If the jerseys were 5k made in Nigeria, how many fakes would you find and how many orders would we get as the team progresses in the world cup? how many people would be employed?

Nairaland give you job na why you dey post rubbish think say you understand economics pass Ben Bruce, a successful multi-sector investor in Nigeria
Mynd44:

It is bad that Ben does not understand economics.

He does not understand that the hype around the jersey was sponsored by Nike. The only raise the jersey is getting huge ratings is because of the advertisements and not the jersey it self.

And then Ben Bruce is misinformed as Nike have come out to say that the 3 million preorders is actually not true
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by Reference(m): 12:56pm On Jun 02, 2018
adedayoa2:
really? Oya go collect the money from Nike give Aba tailors na

If you are happy to depend on a man in China and an investor in America to cover your unclothedness you should be pitied... I am just so sorry for this country. Let me see the next time you complain about the economy, jobs, the value of the naira and capital flight. I will be waiting.

Mark you Nigeria was producing textile from scratch before you were born and long before NIKE was established. But greed, laziness, inferiority complex, sectionalism, and all the problems besetting Nigeria has made us naked hefore the world. Today the only thing we can boast of is cement courtesy of Dangote. It is possible for Nigerian industries to survive and thrive but the citizens of the country have to come to their senses and demand that. Tell me if Dangote was into sportswear he cannot sponsor the Eagles.

Answer that.

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by diggz: 12:57pm On Jun 02, 2018
dominique:
Nonsense tweet. So Nike that paid good money to sponsor the super eagle's kits should now allow aba tailors sew the jerseys? What will be Nike's gain then? Aba tailors should go and sponsor the Super Eagle naa. Someone that didn't publish his own book in his country is now calling out a foreign brand for doing their business in their country. Hypocrite senator

Bruce is just a normal Naija hypocrite..... Useless man!!
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by zomoears(m): 12:59pm On Jun 02, 2018
veron002:
u ve not passed any message

Ok. Those who know, know.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by FAQQ: 1:01pm On Jun 02, 2018
anibirelawal:
Mr common sense ain't making sense anymore.
he hasn't been thinking lately. What a dull senator that lacks Concept of Quality Product Marketing.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by seguno2: 1:02pm On Jun 02, 2018
brodalokie:
You made machetes for agriculture and probably some heavy metal domestic properties and then in modern time manage to do ero too. What is superior in that? A real Mason had built a tower that was high to the heavens somewhere around modern Iraq over 4,000 years ago you are here talking of ero

Are Iraqis also whites whom you said are superior to you?
Meanwhile I hope that you will take up the challenge to find any scientific research stating that whites are intellectually superior to blacks.
Thanks.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by chimeee: 1:02pm On Jun 02, 2018
plaetton:

All these dummys castigating Ben Bruce seem to have comprehension problems.
It simply amazes me that all you guys all seem to think in one direction only.
I wonder why it appears so difficult to understand the very very important point that he is making or trying to get across.

The issue here is not about branding, but about the actual manufacture of the jerseys. After , Nike Does NOT manufacture anything. Nike contracts the manufacturer of all their products to sweatshops in Third World (shithole) countries in Guatemala, India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, etc. A lot of Nike's products have been found to be made by child labor in slave like conditions in these countries.

The point the Ben Bruce is asking is that why shouldn't Nigerian labour, ABA manufacturing prowess to be specific, not have been considered for the manufacturer of Nigeria's official Jerseys, an enterprise that would have created jobs and $100m into our national coffers ?
Isn't such that one of the functions of a government ? To woo and encourage foreign investments , especially in an area in which we have local talent has been proven to be abundant ?
Are ABA manufacturing prowess not ripe or good enough for international manufacturing contracts from the likes of Nike and other sports wear brands ?

Isn't this where a responsible government that wants to create jobs come in and play a role ?

Ben Bruce is not criticizing Nike's branding or marketing rights. He is criticizing all of us, all Nigerians , our small mentality, our inability to think beyond the periphery.

Bros this is Nigeria where ethnoreligious sentiment come first and foremost before rational reasoning..I swear 50 years from now if we will still remain an entity, things will grow worst.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by no1madman(m): 1:04pm On Jun 02, 2018
Okkk

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jun 02, 2018
Is Nike an Asian firm? Why are they not making the shirts in their country of origin? Why are they making them elsewhere and how can we also get them to make them in Nigeria instead of Asia?
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by kmaster007: 1:11pm On Jun 02, 2018
Mr common sense suld jst shout up
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by brodalokie: 1:13pm On Jun 02, 2018
seguno2:

Are Iraqis also whites whom you said are superior to you?
Meanwhile I hope that you will take up the challenge to find any scientific research stating that whites are intellectually superior to blacks.
Thanks.

They are white. The term Caucasian doesn't apply to only Europe and Yankees, Arabs are Caucasian too. The name itself was derived from Caucasus mountain in Afghanistan. They have certain physical features to identify who is a Caucasian and the Arabs got it.
Like I said everything that began in the middle east is settling in the west coast.
You are the one who needs to make research to know your place in the scheme of things.

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by PVision2020(m): 1:25pm On Jun 02, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

1. If Nike can sew the jerseys in the the Philippines or wherever, they can contract them to be sewn in Nigeria as well.

2. It is not the role of Aba tailors to sponsor the National Team.

3. That Ben Bruce is guilty of double standards does not negate the truth of his assertion.
Nike should also contract the sewing of jerseys to the Localities of all the THOUSANDS of Clubs and National Teams they're sponsoring too abi? your argument lacks logic. It's the prerogative of Nike to decide their contractors. I can't tell you how to run your business.
Ben Bruce has no knowledge of sports merchandise and marketing, hence he should keep shut and stop making public mockery of himself.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by TheEminentLaity: 1:27pm On Jun 02, 2018
if the world cup was held in nigeria and nigeria was playing, how many nigerians in the stadium would have original jerseys on? I'm surprised nigerians don't see that as a problem

it's sad that most nigerians like the team and support them, but can't afford the even the jersey replicas, does that even make any sense? True supporters of the national team are being disenfranchised by these foreign sport giants. Nike has no blame here, they are all for business ... The NFF people like most of the politicians running national institutions do for greed, what and how much of the $2m they would get. Sad sad
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by BabaRamota1980: 1:37pm On Jun 02, 2018
Senator Ben Murray Bruce's tweet made sense, and I agree with him.

However, Nike products are made to specific standards which producers in Aba will not meet. Let me ask an insightful question....how many production companies in Aba are ISO certified?
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by teepain: 1:39pm On Jun 02, 2018
dominique:
Nonsense tweet. So Nike that paid good money to sponsor the super eagle's kits should now allow aba tailors sew the jerseys? What will be Nike's gain then? Aba tailors should go and sponsor the Super Eagle naa. Someone that didn't publish his own book in his country is now calling out a foreign brand for doing their business in their country. Hypocrite senator

The guy's hypocrisy oozes to high heavens. I used to like him but politics has exposed him for a charlatan that he is.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by adedayoa2(f): 1:44pm On Jun 02, 2018
Reference:

If you are happy to depend on a man in China and an investor in America to cover your unclothedness you should be pitied... I am just so sorry for this country. Let me see the next time you complain about the economy, jobs, the value of the naira and capital flight. I will be waiting.

Mark you Nigeria was producing textile from scratch before you were born and long before NIKE was established. But greed, laziness, inferiority complex, sectionalism, and all the problems besetting Nigeria has made us naked hefore the world. Today the only thing we can boast of is cement courtesy of Dangote. It is possible for Nigerian industries to survive and thrive but the citizens of the country have to come to their senses and demand that. Tell me if Dangote was into sportswear he cannot sponsor the Eagles.

Answer that.
which one is depend, as if it was Nigeria that paid Nike to sew for them, Nike is actually doing us a favor and also making their own profit and even paying NFF part of the gains.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by BabaRamota1980: 1:49pm On Jun 02, 2018
Some of these comments show majority of youths still lack wisdom and bereft of capacity to manage society.

Note to #nottooyoungtorun

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by nwa79: 1:53pm On Jun 02, 2018
congratulation to all our subscribers...only if you believe..will deal only on games correct score and normal one..100 percent sure once is ready..boost your account and see detail below..winning is guaranteed..call or whatsapp..if you are interested..thanks

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by TheEminentLaity: 2:08pm On Jun 02, 2018
cheesy cheesy When they tell you stories of how the colonialists saved your ancestors from the wrath of the jewish god and his son Jesus, I'm sure you thank them for it.

Read what you wrote here again, digest then think about the 'favor' Nike is doing that Nigerians can't do for their people and national team cheesy Ridiculous
adedayoa2:
which one is depend, as if it was Nigeria that paid Nike to sew for them, Nike is actually doing us a favor and also making their own profit and even paying NFF part of the gains.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by adedayoa2(f): 2:45pm On Jun 02, 2018
TheEminentLaity:
cheesy cheesy When they tell you stories of how the colonialists saved your ancestors from the wrath of the jewish god and his son Jesus, I'm sure you thank them for it.

Read what you wrote here again, digest then think about the 'favor' Nike is doing that Nigerians can't do for their people and national team cheesy Ridiculous
other brands are sponsoring other countries, please stop this politics abeg, and enjoy the world cup
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by nobaga: 2:52pm On Jun 02, 2018
Okay nah, stop fighting. Where do we go from here?

Those smart Nigerians that are going to become millionaires from this are not arguing.

Very soon, Okrika and Ijebu made will soon flood the market at home and abroad.

Nigerians dey get sense small small since 1900. You refuse to buy your lace, they make lace in Nigeria and export it to Cotonou. You then buy imported lace from Belgium. Na lie, na Nigerian made imported back from Cotonou.

The next thing is to copy their technologies. Nigerians will buy it if is marketed in Europe or America.

Na who go buy Nigerian products unless it is exported and imported back in?
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 3:05pm On Jun 02, 2018
PVision2020:

Nike should also contract the sewing of jerseys to the Localities of all the THOUSANDS of Clubs and National Teams they're sponsoring too abi? your argument lacks logic. It's the prerogative of Nike to decide their contractors. I can't tell you how to run your business.
Ben Bruce has no knowledge of sports merchandise and marketing, hence he should keep shut and stop making public mockery of himself.

You don't know what you are talking about, so I will refrain from arguing with you.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by PVision2020(m): 3:13pm On Jun 02, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

You don't know what you are talking about, so I will refrain from arguing with you.
Guy you have no point, so it's a okay you refrain from making public your ineptitude.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by Guestlander: 3:17pm On Jun 02, 2018
dominique:

Very well said.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 02, 2018
seguno2:

Did China become an economic powerhouse in the manner that you have described above?
Is this how we ensure that we don’t have a lot of our youths sitting around waiting for free oil money as our president said?
How many of his suits was bought from Aba tailor? Even Eyimba FC (a football club from Aba) jerseys are not made in Nigeria; check the link below. You should know that Bruce is just being stupid for that comment...just to be noticed all the time. Nonsense!

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.completesportsnigeria.com/enyimba-set-unveil-new-kits-sponsors/amp/

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by Emilokoiyawon: 3:55pm On Jun 02, 2018
Is this fool representing Bayelsa or Aba?
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jun 02, 2018
Firstpage:

Yet the materials for aba product are still imported.
True, and there is a non functional textile factory in delta state not far from aba.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by redsun(m): 4:04pm On Jun 02, 2018
The views of a visionary. The only way we can make it work for is to turn the game on its head. We got to patronize what we got and develop them to the point that we will learn to love them.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by seguno2: 4:05pm On Jun 02, 2018
IFearGod:
How many of his suits was bought from Aba tailor? Even Eyimba FC (a football club from Aba) jerseys are not made in Nigeria; check the link below. You should know that Bruce is just being stupid for that comment...just to be noticed all the time. Nonsense!

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.completesportsnigeria.com/enyimba-set-unveil-new-kits-sponsors/amp/

Does it not make sense to buy and use things that are made in our country
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by MajesticD(m): 4:07pm On Jun 02, 2018
Jones4190:
After what RAMOS did to SALAH I now understand why RAMS are killed during SALLAH�
grin
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 02, 2018
dominique:

Nike doesn't sponsor super eagles, we pay them money to make jersey for us. Stop misleading people, ur head needs a restart.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

'Confusion At Aso Rock’ As Buhari Fails To Move In - TheCable / Caption This Photo Of Nnamdi Kanu & A Prison Warder In Court Today / Buhari In Imo: ₦700m Wasted As Rented Crowd Refuses To Show Up - SR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.