Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,374 members, 7,808,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

BREAKING NEWS !!. US Unemployment Hits 18-year Low Of 3.8% - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / BREAKING NEWS !!. US Unemployment Hits 18-year Low Of 3.8% (746 Views)

Japa: UK Unemployment Situation Worsens / Breaking News: Us President Cancelled Bill Gates Project / US Unemployment Hit A Record High of 6.6m From 3.3m Last Week--BBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING NEWS !!. US Unemployment Hits 18-year Low Of 3.8% by QUICKACCESS(m): 7:46am On Jun 02, 2018
U.S. employers extended a streak of solid hiring in May, adding 223,000 jobs and helping lower the unemployment rate to an 18-year low of 3.8 percent.

Friday’s report showed that hiring in the United States is benefiting a wider range of Americans: The unemployment rate for high school graduates reached 3.9 percent, a 17-year low. For black Americans, it hit a record low of 5.9 percent.

“The economy and labor market appear to be firing on all cylinders, with all sectors showing strength,” said Paul Ashworth, chief U.S. economist at Capital economics

Investors applauded the report. The Dow Jones industrial average rose 221 points, or 0.9 percent. Other indexes also moved higher.

With the jobless rate so low, employers have complained for months about the difficulty of finding workers to fill jobs. The number of open positions reached a record high in March. Friday’s report suggests that some companies are making extra efforts to find people.

Debbie Thomas, owner of Thomas Hill Organics, a restaurant in Paso Robles, California, said that finding enough qualified people to hire is her biggest challenge right now. She has raised pay by about a dollar an hour in the past year for cooks and dishwashers but is reluctant to boost wages much higher.

The unemployment rate, rounded to one decimal, is the lowest since April 2000. But the unrounded figure is 3.75 percent. That is the lowest since 1969, some economists notes.

AFRICA NEEDS LEADERS LIKE DONALD TRUMP !

MAKE AFRICA GREAT FOR ONCE ( MAGO )

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS !!. US Unemployment Hits 18-year Low Of 3.8% by QUICKACCESS(m): 7:52am On Jun 02, 2018
Moderators should help move this very important News to the Front page.

We want to use this as a template to discuss Nigeria's/Africa's Leadership/ Unemployment issues
Re: BREAKING NEWS !!. US Unemployment Hits 18-year Low Of 3.8% by Nbote(m): 8:04am On Jun 02, 2018
Hate him all U want, Trump seems to know what he's doing.. Despite all d radical approach and ill advised moves, he seems to b doing a whole lot right..

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS !!. US Unemployment Hits 18-year Low Of 3.8% by IJOBA2: 12:30pm On Jun 02, 2018
WHAT A VERY SAD DAY FOR ALHAJI LUCASBALO AKA ABBEYBAILEYsad
Re: BREAKING NEWS !!. US Unemployment Hits 18-year Low Of 3.8% by EzeNri(m): 1:30pm On Jun 02, 2018
Terrorists won't like this.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS !!. US Unemployment Hits 18-year Low Of 3.8% by Lucasbalo(m): 2:58pm On Jun 02, 2018
IJOBA2:
WHAT A VERY SAD DAY FOR ALHAJI LUCASBALO AKA ABBEYBAILEYsad
The sad thing is you and your poverty ridden life trying to survive on less than $1.50 a day. How is life treating you okrika wearing foool.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS !!. US Unemployment Hits 18-year Low Of 3.8% by tolexy007(m): 5:36pm On Jun 03, 2018
Lucasbalo:
The sad thing is you and your poverty ridden life trying to survive on less than $1.50 a day. How is life treating you okrika wearing foool.

Frustrated fooool @ it again.. God bless Trump

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS !!. US Unemployment Hits 18-year Low Of 3.8% by Lucasbalo(m): 5:37pm On Jun 03, 2018
tolexy007:

Frustrated fooool @ it again.. God bless Trump
Worthless and hungry punk. Do Trump care about you in your cave. Your life is going down the drain and you are obsessed about a guy who doesn't even care about you and your lineage.
Re: BREAKING NEWS !!. US Unemployment Hits 18-year Low Of 3.8% by tolexy007(m): 5:41pm On Jun 03, 2018
Lucasbalo:
Worthless and hungry punk. Do Trump care about you in your cave. Your life is going down the drain and you are obsessed about a guy who doesn't even care about you and your lineage.

Saying something nice about trump is what always trigger ur stupidity. dont worry u will soon b deported. a useless and lazy gangster like u need to b deported urgently..
Re: BREAKING NEWS !!. US Unemployment Hits 18-year Low Of 3.8% by Lucasbalo(m): 5:52pm On Jun 03, 2018
tolexy007:

Saying something nice about trump is what always trigger ur stupidity. dont worry u will soon b deported. a useless and lazy gangster like u need to b deported urgently..
The same way Buhari will deport you to hell with hunger. A fool like you don't know that we Americans of good conscience critique Tramp not because we hate him but because we want our country to be better. No wonder Trump call your country shiiithole. At least i can show my face unlike a worthless and hungry idioooit like you.
Re: BREAKING NEWS !!. US Unemployment Hits 18-year Low Of 3.8% by tolexy007(m): 6:50pm On Jun 03, 2018
Lucasbalo:
The same way Buhari will deport you to hell with hunger. A fool like you don't know that we Americans of good conscience critique Tramp not because we hate him but because we want our country to be better. No wonder Trump call your country shiiithole. At least i can show my face unlike a worthless and hungry idioooit like you.

Lolz....who cares if u show ur face, how am I even sure that is ur face, A con man like u cannot b trusted. Dont worry Ebola that will strike u is waiting for u to b deported..
Re: BREAKING NEWS !!. US Unemployment Hits 18-year Low Of 3.8% by Lucasbalo(m): 6:51pm On Jun 03, 2018
tolexy007:

Lolz....who cares if u show ur face, how am I even sure that is ur face, A con man like u cannot b trusted. Dont worry Ebola that will strike u is waiting for u to b deported..
The same way Ebola will wipe out your hungry family in the third world village. Hunger will do you in anyway. It's either Ebola or hunger for you. By the way, village skunk, we don't have Ebola where I live.
Re: BREAKING NEWS !!. US Unemployment Hits 18-year Low Of 3.8% by tolexy007(m): 6:57pm On Jun 03, 2018
Lucasbalo:
The same way Ebola will wipe out your hungry family in the third world village. Hunger will do you in anyway. It's either Ebola or hunger for you.

Dont worry, The Ebola is on Red alert for u already, just b ready for the strike...Oponu oshi.
Re: BREAKING NEWS !!. US Unemployment Hits 18-year Low Of 3.8% by Lucasbalo(m): 7:02pm On Jun 03, 2018
tolexy007:

Dont worry, The Ebola is on Red alert for u already, just b ready for the strike...Oponu oshi.
Poverty inbred. Go choke on your gari for Breakfast, lunch and dinner. I hope the mosquitoes and rats do a number on your kwashiokor ridden body.
Re: BREAKING NEWS !!. US Unemployment Hits 18-year Low Of 3.8% by tolexy007(m): 7:16pm On Jun 03, 2018
Lucasbalo:
Poverty inbred. Go choke on your gari for Breakfast, lunch and dinner. I hope the mosquitoes and rats do a number on your kwashiokor ridden body.

OK....those are things that chase u away from Nigeria and make u scavenger on the street of Chicago? eeya Pele...
Re: BREAKING NEWS !!. US Unemployment Hits 18-year Low Of 3.8% by Lucasbalo(m): 7:23pm On Jun 03, 2018
tolexy007:

OK....those are things that chase u away from Nigeria and make u scavenger on the street of Chicago? eeya Pele...
Brainstem, I grew up in Uptown section of Chitown. I know your brain is fractured. The hunger in Nigeria has definitely destroyed what's left of your fractured medulla.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Melania Trump Caused Outrage By Wearing Colonial Pith Hat In Kenya / Protest Around The World Against Isreal Terrorism (pics And Videos) / Female Warden Resigns After She Was Filmed Kissing An Inmate In His Cell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.