Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

Sovereign Wealth Fund: More Lies From Presidency At Ramadan – Reno Omokri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sovereign Wealth Fund: More Lies From Presidency At Ramadan – Reno Omokri (16064 Views)

NBC Shuts Down Jos Radio Station After 'Order From Presidency' / 2023: Forces Against Igbo Presidency At Work – Okorocha / Ortom To EFCC: Begin Security Vote Probe From Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sovereign Wealth Fund: More Lies From Presidency At Ramadan – Reno Omokri by KikBuhari2Daura: 11:48am On Jun 02, 2018
To my dismay, I woke up on Friday the 1st of June 2018 to find out that President Buhari, who is meant to be on a Ramadan fast, had released a statement, through the Presidency’s Twitter handle, alleging that the Jonathan government, which created the Sovereign Wealth Fund in 2012, had failed to save money in the fund after the initial $1 billion deposit it made into it.

Such a lie, coming at a time when the President is meant to be fasting is shocking!

The truth is that after starting up the Sovereign Wealth Fund with an initial deposit of $1 billion in 2011, the Nigerian Governors Forum, led by Rotimi Amaechi and supported by other Governors who later joined the APC, took the Jonathan administration to court to declare the Sovereign Wealth Fund illegal and assert their claim that the Jonathan led Federal Government could not force them to save.

In fact, Mr, Rotimi Amaechi released a statement justifying his opposition to the Sovereign Wealth Fund on August 31, 2011 and said:

“The SWF is an attempt to desecrate section 162 of Nigeria’s Constitution.

Section 162(1), (2) and (10) of the 1999 Constitution prescribed the mode of sharing the revenue of the Federation.

It states that “the Federation shall maintain a special account to be called the Federation Account into which shall be paid all revenues collected by the Government of the Federation, except the proceeds from the personal income tax of the personnel of the Armed Forces of the Federation, the Nigeria Police Force, the Ministry or department of government charged with responsibility for Foreign Affairs and the residents of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja. The law says that anything that is outside the constitution is wrong and section 162 of the constitution also says so.”

Many attempts by the Jonathan administration to settle the matter out of court were rebuffed by Mr. Amaechi and his colleagues who had a hidden agenda to frustrate the plans by the Jonathan administration to save for a rainy day.

Working in tandem with Mr. Amaechi and his supporters in the Nigerian Governors Forum, the then minority APC members of the House of Representatives also filed another suit at a Federal High Court on the 7th of February, 2014, seeking a perpetual injunction restraining the Jonathan administration from operating the Excess Crude Account, from which they intended to source for money to fund the Sovereign Wealth Fund, and to pay all the proceeds of that account into the Federation Account for sharing amongst the three tiers of government.

As a result of these actions, the Jonathan administration paid the 36 states of the federation a total of N2.92 trillion from the Excess Crude Account between 2011 and 2014. Using the value of the Naira at that time that amount was just above $20 billion dollars.

It therefore amounts to historical revision for the Presidency to make these spurious allegations against the Jonathan administration,

President Muhammadu Buhari should be aware that just like I told him, after the many lies from his Democracy Day Speech, Ramadan fast does not just mean abstaining from food, it also means abstaining from lies.

Reno Omokri

Bestselling author of Facts Versus Fiction: The True Story of the Jonathan Years: Chibok, 2015 and Other Conspiracies.

Source:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/06/sovereign-wealth-fund-more-lies-from-presidency-at-ramadan-reno/

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sovereign Wealth Fund: More Lies From Presidency At Ramadan – Reno Omokri by chuksjuve(m): 11:59am On Jun 02, 2018
The internet never forgets .

Reno is a good record keeper..

One man opposition..

Apc and buhari are in deep trouble

205 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Sovereign Wealth Fund: More Lies From Presidency At Ramadan – Reno Omokri by KikBuhari2Daura: 12:06pm On Jun 02, 2018
Sending Buhari and his lackeys back to daura village is a special assignment every sincere and patriotic Nigerian must embrace.

A mistake has been done by electing a man does not know his left from his right .

This mistake must never be repeated.

Insha Allahu victory is Sure

Allah ya bamu sa'a mu kauda wannan gwamnatin rashin imani

103 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sovereign Wealth Fund: More Lies From Presidency At Ramadan – Reno Omokri by limeta(f): 12:19pm On Jun 02, 2018
Who do not remember this
I do

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sovereign Wealth Fund: More Lies From Presidency At Ramadan – Reno Omokri by Teewhy2: 12:24pm On Jun 02, 2018
The truth is that our Leaders have all failed us ( OBJ, GEJ , PMB), the Ghana president has said it all, in the mid 70s-80s Nigerians are the envy of other African citizen they are treated like queens and kings within Africa and beyond but now reverse is the game. so these people should stop their blame game and let new people take the center stage. Talking about new people I don't mean all these present day Slay Mamas and young people flaunting wealth up and down without a legal verifiable source of income.

Considering doing a roof parapet?
check out price comparison between a concrete cast in suite against polystyrene parapet.
Polystyrene parapet is light weight and doesn't have much impact on the land.
excellent usage on swampy environment.
click below for more details.

https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene/4

9 Likes

Re: Sovereign Wealth Fund: More Lies From Presidency At Ramadan – Reno Omokri by abumeinben(m): 12:24pm On Jun 02, 2018
Scanning..
Done!

Reno should already know that #BuhariUnscripted is an intergalactic blunder. But wait, even the scripted chief of police gaan was...

It was no news that GEJ took over without much plans, but this Buhari guy ...I don't know. An illiterate is a president. His vice is a professor of law. Some things do not just add up. I don't hate Buhari but he should gaan rest really.

For the excess crude account, na fashola and oshiomole carry am for head pass, calling Okonjo-Iweala names.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sovereign Wealth Fund: More Lies From Presidency At Ramadan – Reno Omokri by trapQ: 12:24pm On Jun 02, 2018
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sovereign Wealth Fund: More Lies From Presidency At Ramadan – Reno Omokri by AK481(m): 12:27pm On Jun 02, 2018
Hehe
Re: Sovereign Wealth Fund: More Lies From Presidency At Ramadan – Reno Omokri by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jun 02, 2018
Even if rain fall Buhari go still blame Jonathan.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sovereign Wealth Fund: More Lies From Presidency At Ramadan – Reno Omokri by PearlStreet(m): 12:27pm On Jun 02, 2018
Buhari is fasting but those telling the lies in the Presidency aren't fasting.

2 Likes

Re: Sovereign Wealth Fund: More Lies From Presidency At Ramadan – Reno Omokri by Bossontop(m): 12:27pm On Jun 02, 2018
undecided
Ma nigger!!!...keep on slaying dis lying government and also the BMCs and zombies

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sovereign Wealth Fund: More Lies From Presidency At Ramadan – Reno Omokri by Lexy1716: 12:27pm On Jun 02, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buGHOLuIzM8
Interesting video...I bet u won't get bored wink
Re: Sovereign Wealth Fund: More Lies From Presidency At Ramadan – Reno Omokri by Rigel95(m): 12:27pm On Jun 02, 2018
Lying is their trade in stock...bunch of power hungry demonic people.

Let the senile old man return to his unproductive gay cattle in 2019!

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sovereign Wealth Fund: More Lies From Presidency At Ramadan – Reno Omokri by georjay(m): 12:27pm On Jun 02, 2018
BMC! where art thou

12 Likes

Re: Sovereign Wealth Fund: More Lies From Presidency At Ramadan – Reno Omokri by Boss13: 12:28pm On Jun 02, 2018
limeta:
Who do not remember this
I do

It was a well debated case at that time. Anyone who pretends to forget either is biased or just pretentious.

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sovereign Wealth Fund: More Lies From Presidency At Ramadan – Reno Omokri by kay5you: 12:28pm On Jun 02, 2018
Reno my man

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sovereign Wealth Fund: More Lies From Presidency At Ramadan – Reno Omokri by Temple1288(m): 12:28pm On Jun 02, 2018
Mind what you do today, it might be used against you tomorrow.. I remember this scenario very well...

Well, it'd be swept away just like Transmission!

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sovereign Wealth Fund: More Lies From Presidency At Ramadan – Reno Omokri by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:29pm On Jun 02, 2018
grin
Re: Sovereign Wealth Fund: More Lies From Presidency At Ramadan – Reno Omokri by Kellz193: 12:29pm On Jun 02, 2018
Reno you suppose work for exams and records

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sovereign Wealth Fund: More Lies From Presidency At Ramadan – Reno Omokri by AZeD1(m): 12:29pm On Jun 02, 2018
Is either Reno doesn't understand English or he's just being mischievous.
The question is after the initial $1 billion did GEJ save more money in the SWF or not?

This unnecessary essay didn't answer the question.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sovereign Wealth Fund: More Lies From Presidency At Ramadan – Reno Omokri by OttHin: 12:29pm On Jun 02, 2018
KikBuhari2Daura:
To my dismay, I woke up on Friday the 1st of June 2018 to find out that President Buhari, who is meant to be on a Ramadan fast, had released a statement, through the Presidency’s Twitter handle, alleging that the Jonathan government, which created the Sovereign Wealth Fund in 2012, had failed to save money in the fund after the initial $1 billion deposit it made into it.

Such a lie, coming at a time when the President is meant to be fasting is shocking!

The truth is that after starting up the Sovereign Wealth Fund with an initial deposit of $1 billion in 2011, the Nigerian Governors Forum, led by Rotimi Amaechi and supported by other Governors who later joined the APC, took the Jonathan administration to court to declare the Sovereign Wealth Fund illegal and assert their claim that the Jonathan led Federal Government could not force them to save.

In fact, Mr, Rotimi Amaechi released a statement justifying his opposition to the Sovereign Wealth Fund on August 31, 2011 and said:

“The SWF is an attempt to desecrate section 162 of Nigeria’s Constitution.

Section 162(1), (2) and (10) of the 1999 Constitution prescribed the mode of sharing the revenue of the Federation.

It states that “the Federation shall maintain a special account to be called the Federation Account into which shall be paid all revenues collected by the Government of the Federation, except the proceeds from the personal income tax of the personnel of the Armed Forces of the Federation, the Nigeria Police Force, the Ministry or department of government charged with responsibility for Foreign Affairs and the residents of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja. The law says that anything that is outside the constitution is wrong and section 162 of the constitution also says so.”

Many attempts by the Jonathan administration to settle the matter out of court were rebuffed by Mr. Amaechi and his colleagues who had a hidden agenda to frustrate the plans by the Jonathan administration to save for a rainy day.

Working in tandem with Mr. Amaechi and his supporters in the Nigerian Governors Forum, the then minority APC members of the House of Representatives also filed another suit at a Federal High Court on the 7th of February, 2014, seeking a perpetual injunction restraining the Jonathan administration from operating the Excess Crude Account, from which they intended to source for money to fund the Sovereign Wealth Fund, and to pay all the proceeds of that account into the Federation Account for sharing amongst the three tiers of government.

As a result of these actions, the Jonathan administration paid the 36 states of the federation a total of N2.92 trillion from the Excess Crude Account between 2011 and 2014. Using the value of the Naira at that time that amount was just above $20 billion dollars.

It therefore amounts to historical revision for the Presidency to make these spurious allegations against the Jonathan administration,

President Muhammadu Buhari should be aware that just like I told him, after the many lies from his Democracy Day Speech, Ramadan fast does not just mean abstaining from food, it also means abstaining from lies.

Reno Omokri

Bestselling author of Facts Versus Fiction: The True Story of the Jonathan Years: Chibok, 2015 and Other Conspiracies.

Source:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/06/sovereign-wealth-fund-more-lies-from-presidency-at-ramadan-reno/

Such a lie, coming at the time when you should be doing something reasonable with your life.

2 Likes

Re: Sovereign Wealth Fund: More Lies From Presidency At Ramadan – Reno Omokri by akaahs(m): 12:30pm On Jun 02, 2018
I ll correct my mistake insha Allah

11 Likes

Re: Sovereign Wealth Fund: More Lies From Presidency At Ramadan – Reno Omokri by fiercehillz(m): 12:31pm On Jun 02, 2018
Reno and facts... I just love this man.
#backtodaura2019

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sovereign Wealth Fund: More Lies From Presidency At Ramadan – Reno Omokri by Newpride(m): 12:32pm On Jun 02, 2018
Foolish Reno , U shld be preparing for tomorrow’s sermon not politicking all ur life....

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sovereign Wealth Fund: More Lies From Presidency At Ramadan – Reno Omokri by allstarfestus: 12:32pm On Jun 02, 2018
Good one Reno , this government will wish they assasinant you ... But God has protected you ... ,

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sovereign Wealth Fund: More Lies From Presidency At Ramadan – Reno Omokri by veron002: 12:32pm On Jun 02, 2018
This man is just an anti govt, i wonder who he s fighting for, definitely not the masses. i only see loyalty at its peak to his formal principal.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sovereign Wealth Fund: More Lies From Presidency At Ramadan – Reno Omokri by damola1: 12:33pm On Jun 02, 2018
Ramadan faster wey Dey lie

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sovereign Wealth Fund: More Lies From Presidency At Ramadan – Reno Omokri by Oduwils222(m): 12:36pm On Jun 02, 2018
Who is this Reno Omokri and what is his mission?
Re: Sovereign Wealth Fund: More Lies From Presidency At Ramadan – Reno Omokri by DWJOBScom(m): 12:36pm On Jun 02, 2018
It’s so sad and shameful

I have always known that GEJ and his team meant well for this country.

APC and their allies came together to weave tales of woe and all to get power and now they can’t keep it together anymore.

Terrible lies and power drunk people

30 Likes

Re: Sovereign Wealth Fund: More Lies From Presidency At Ramadan – Reno Omokri by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 02, 2018
Very factual evidence. Reno keeps giving this useless government sleepless nights. Johnathan might have been a clueless buffoon but behind the scenes he did a lot of things.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sovereign Wealth Fund: More Lies From Presidency At Ramadan – Reno Omokri by AerialMapper: 12:38pm On Jun 02, 2018
AZeD1:
Is either Reno doesn't understand English or he's just being mischievous.
The question is after the initial $1 billion did GEJ save more money in the SWF or not?

This unnecessary essay didn't answer the question.

And if you could take time to read the essay you'll realise the reason why there was no more money saved after the initial 1 billion. I'm sure you just want a yes or no. The next logical question is why.... and this essay tells you why. Be smart

69 Likes 8 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Teargas Beverly Nkemdiche In Anambra House of Assembly (PHOTOS) / Bandits Abduct 9 Kaduna Residents, Demand ₦180m Ransom / Saraki Absent At APC Caucus Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.