Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

UPCOMING ARTISTE: How To Promote Your Music And Succeed In Nigeria 2018 - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / UPCOMING ARTISTE: How To Promote Your Music And Succeed In Nigeria 2018 (484 Views)

Who Is Your Best Rapper In Nigeria 2018 / Who Is Your Best Rapper In Nigeria 2018 / MY New Mixtape ( This Is Nigeria )2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

UPCOMING ARTISTE: How To Promote Your Music And Succeed In Nigeria 2018 by Arewa28: 9:09pm On Jun 02, 2018
Every upcoming Artiste wants to make it in the Nigerian music industry.

A major question they ask at the beginning of their musical journey is how do I promote my music? Since major record labels like Mavin, Kennis Music, Chocolate city and Storm records that can manage, package and promote your songs will hardly get you signed.

You will need to take up responsibility as your own music promoter.

Experience shows that unlike the USA where big labels like Sony BMI, Rockafella and Young money records can sign up an artiste based on raw talent alone, in Nigeria you will have to showcase your talent and songs to a certain extent before you will be noticed by the music promoters, marketers and record labels.

There is the believe that without the big bucks you cannot promote your music on the radio stations which prompts thoughts like if only I had a record label/marketer/promoter.

The good thing is you can do it yourself without putting a big hole in your pocket and you do not have to rely on any record label, marketer or promoter.

Following the tips below will show you how to promote your music and get that basic exposure while also increasing your fan base.
Note that nothing good comes easy and you will need to sacrifice either in form of time, efforts, a night’s sleep just to get what you want.

Apply these tips to your success.
1. MAKE GOOD SONGS:
Sorry I cannot teach you how to write a song. I believe you are reading this because you have the talent already to compose and record a good song. but You can read how to improve your musical skill here The type of song you do should be targeted to an audience with a good taste in music. It does not matter the genre hip-hop, rock, dance hall, Rap, R n B, classic, alternative- whatever! You should do music to impress thousands of fans and not just your family and close friends.

2. ATTEND SHOWS REGULARLY:

SOURCE: https://barewa.com.ng/upcoming-artiste-how-to-promote-your-music-and-succeed-in-nigeria-2018/

Re: UPCOMING ARTISTE: How To Promote Your Music And Succeed In Nigeria 2018 by Barewa: 12:34pm On Aug 03, 2019
UPCOMING ARTISTES: What You Need To Be Successful

SOURCE: https://omoesa.com.ng/upcoming-artistes-what-you-need-to-be-successful/

(1) (Reply)

Reggae Music Legend, Ras Kimono Dies At Age 60. / Mp3: Small Doctor – Japa (freestyle) / Gospel Music: Udoeze Maxwell - Chim Amanda (prod. By Maxzealno)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.