Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,311 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

Jay-z Signs Lil Kim To Roc Nat10n: - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Jay-z Signs Lil Kim To Roc Nat10n: (1843 Views)

Lmao Why Didn't Lil Kim Diss Eminem On Black Friday? / Jay-z Signs Jay Electronica To Roc Nation / Jay-z Signs Will And Jada Smith’s 9yr Old Daughter To Rocnation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jay-z Signs Lil Kim To Roc Nat10n: by 5p1naz(m): 11:48pm On May 29, 2010
The sad sh*t about rap these days is back in the 1990's, I used to want to f*ck Lil Kim. No bullsh*t, she was like one of those rap b*tches that you didn't want to wife, but just have as the f*ck buddy, pretty much how she made her career with Notorious B.I.G, being a down a** chick but still not someone you would take home to mama. Now with all that said, WTF is Jay-Z thinking?!?!!?! SMFH. Signing Lil Kim to Roc Nation is like putting Lil Mama on the cover of KING Magazine, some sh*t just ain't gonna pop off, EVER. SMFH.

Brooklyn's female rapper and actress Lil Kim has officially signed a record deal with Jay-Z label Roc Nation. This rumor has been floating around for a while, but earlier today, industry insiders confirmed this rumor. A major announcement should be made soon. As of press, no word on when Kim's new album will be dropping. The big homie Jay-Z is expected to be executive producing Kim's new album. Roc Nation is an entertainment, management, and music publishing company, founded in 2008 by Jay-Z. In 2009, Kanye West became the CEO.

Get the f*ck outta here, Kanye West is the CEO of Roc Nation? SMFH, nah, there is definitely some f*ckery going on b/c after Yeezy went missing for 3 months, his a** shoulda got replaced with Memphis Bleek for CEO. LOL. I'll go with the benefit of the doubt and say Kim is signed to Roc Nation, which means Jay is hands-down one of the worst businessmen when it comes to artist moves. Remember that whole 2005 Def Jam roster? Young Gunz, Beanie Sigel, Freeway, Memphis Bleek, Foxy Brown, DJ Clue, FLOPS. I ain't even gonna mention Peedi Crakk, but anyway, who the f*ck wants to see Lil Kim in this climate? Sh*t, whether we want to admit it or not, Nicki Minaj is the top b*tch in rap now and Kim is just gonna look like her old a** aunt. Sorry Kim, but thinking about your head game in 2010 is the equivalent of wanting to f*ck Kat Stacks, some sh*t is just not plastic-proof.

Although she's seen better days, Lil Kim is ready to make a musical comeback! The rapper officially signed a record deal with Roc Nation. Jay-Z is even expected to produce her next album. Inneresting.

^ Now if this is true, then Jay is going to have to give Kim the Peedi treatment and never put that sh*t out. Even though all those "The Carter Administration" stamps were dope as f*ck on them Young Gunz/Bleek albums, those sh*ts sold the negative of KFC's Double Downs, so Jay executive producing anything is a BAD MOVE. SMFH. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe some of the older generations want them a 35-year-old Kim with bad make-up but if y'all ask me, doggies, I am sensing some bullsh*t in this story, maybe she got management from Roc Nation, b/c Jay ain't trying to sink his new label this fast, otherwise Foxy Brown woulda got the call before Kim. And if y'all think I'm bullsh*tting and don't know what I'm talking about, take a listen to Kim's new material these days:
Re: Jay-z Signs Lil Kim To Roc Nat10n: by chiogo(f): 11:54pm On May 29, 2010
And is the essay necessary? sounds personal.

Well, at least J. Cole isn't a bad move.
Re: Jay-z Signs Lil Kim To Roc Nat10n: by Nobody: 11:58pm On May 29, 2010
Did this dude actually have time to write a speech about a chick he wouldnt take home to mama? shocked

Anywhoz, who cares. . . . Jay-Z is running down anywaz, do ppl still listen to that old chap? Even his wife sef no get spark anymore
Re: Jay-z Signs Lil Kim To Roc Nat10n: by aieromon(m): 1:52am On May 30, 2010
@OP
You call Jigga a bad Def Jam C.E.O yet he has Jeezy,Rihanna and Ne-Yo as his accomplishments.He has J.Cole in the works and the hottest b!t¢h in the game ''wearing his chain''

FL Gators:

Did this dude actually have time to write a speech about a chick he wouldnt take home to mama?  shocked

Anywhoz, who cares. . . . Jay-Z is running down anywaz, do ppl still listen to that old chap? Even his wife sef no get spark anymore

Stop trippin'
Re: Jay-z Signs Lil Kim To Roc Nat10n: by Nobody: 1:56am On May 30, 2010
Re: Jay-z Signs Lil Kim To Roc Nat10n: by 5p1naz(m): 2:28am On May 30, 2010
aieromon:

@OP
You call Jigga a bad Def Jam C.E.O yet he has Jeezy,Rihanna and Ne-Yo as his accomplishments.He has J.Cole in the works and the hottest b!t¢h in the game ''wearing his chain''

Stop trippin'

cmon dawg all dem names u mentioned were already made b4 jay picked em up . . .
Re: Jay-z Signs Lil Kim To Roc Nat10n: by hax: 2:36am On May 30, 2010
chiogo:

And is the essay necessary? sounds personal.

Well, at least J. Cole isn't a bad move.
she speaks the truth.

listen to my boo. grin
Re: Jay-z Signs Lil Kim To Roc Nat10n: by aieromon(m): 2:45am On May 30, 2010
5p1naz:

cmon dawg all dem names u mentioned were already made b4 jay picked em up . . .

Rihanna was a superstar before Jay signed her onto Def Jam Did she tell you that?
Re: Jay-z Signs Lil Kim To Roc Nat10n: by Manolapix(m): 3:11am On May 30, 2010
[size=20pt]About time her career was flopping anyways , maybe now jay z can help her gain it back.[/size]
Re: Jay-z Signs Lil Kim To Roc Nat10n: by chiogo(f): 4:00am On May 30, 2010
hax:

she speaks the truth.

listen to my boo. grin
kiss kiss kiss
Re: Jay-z Signs Lil Kim To Roc Nat10n: by semid4lyfe(m): 4:26am On May 30, 2010
FL Gators:

Did this dude actually have time to write a speech about a chick he wouldnt take home to mama? shocked

I know nah. . .na only wale and drake get spark for your side. Better use your medicine. . . grin grin grin
Re: Jay-z Signs Lil Kim To Roc Nat10n: by zebra543: 4:28am On May 30, 2010
With what sean carter did with rihanna i think this is a good move for kim, diddy couldnt manage a talented individual if his dick depended in it! the proof is in cassies puspus! grin grin grin grin
Re: Jay-z Signs Lil Kim To Roc Nat10n: by aieromon(m): 4:49am On May 30, 2010
@zebra543
Diddy is about to get his mojo back with Red Cafe.Please,cut the guy some slack.
Re: Jay-z Signs Lil Kim To Roc Nat10n: by chiogo(f): 5:31am On May 30, 2010
^^"I'm ill, I'm ill, I'm ill, I'm ill Raaa Raaa" - Actually saw him perform that before the song even came out on TV. I'm hip  grin
He's alright - Red Cafe- but I dunno if he'll do much for diddy's label.

As for diddy, what about Day26, danity kane, and co?

Cassie's case is understandable, she was too busy putting work in the bedroom to be relevant in the music scene. Well, she has his money to spend. Two losers they are!!  But then I don't like diddy.  tongue
Re: Jay-z Signs Lil Kim To Roc Nat10n: by eldee(m): 9:47am On May 30, 2010
I don't think signing Kim was a good idea, he marketed Roc Nation with the futuristic image and now he jst had to sign Lil Kim because of the Nikki Minaj crase going around??
I was already disappointed that he signed Rita Ora, now he's taking these mistakes to the next level.

FL Gators:

Nah, they don't that's why his last album sold more than So Far Gone and Attention Deficit put together.
Re: Jay-z Signs Lil Kim To Roc Nat10n: by semid4lyfe(m): 10:40am On May 30, 2010
Eldee, e be like se person dey impersonate u cos this your siggy nor fly at all.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Jay-z Signs Lil Kim To Roc Nat10n: by ritchboy(m): 10:45am On May 30, 2010
Eldee has a point. . . Roc Nation was supposed to be on some "futuristic" B.S.
So now i'm wondering what exactly Kim's role would be. . . Artiste? Song-writer? Producer? Receptionist? Janitor? cheesy
Re: Jay-z Signs Lil Kim To Roc Nat10n: by 5p1naz(m): 11:17am On May 30, 2010
aieromon:

Rihanna was a superstar before Jay signed her onto Def Jam Did she tell you that?

do u have to b told she was a superstar b4 she was signed? signing her was a gud move for rock natio tho. . . but wtf is he signing kim for?

ritchboy:

So now i'm wondering what exactly Kim's role would be. . . Artiste? Song-writer? Producer? Receptionist? Janitor? cheesy

lmfao to this. . . wtf she goin b doin? aint no competition wit minaj homie its just her. . . she raised the stakes men! ! !
Re: Jay-z Signs Lil Kim To Roc Nat10n: by eldee(m): 11:18am On May 30, 2010
ritchboy:

Nah, those roles are already taken by Memphis Bleek grin grin

semid4lyfe:

Eldee, e be like se person dey impersonate u cos this your siggy nor fly at all.
grin grin grin grin

Hehehe . . . I don forget to change am.
Watch out for the next one. grin grin
Re: Jay-z Signs Lil Kim To Roc Nat10n: by Nobody: 12:29pm On May 30, 2010
Jigga only try but we all know that he lost it right from when the Roc split happened. Dame can't flow but he was the business success of d Roc. Cam'ron was the first signing to hit platinum under Roc and he was Dame's move. He also saw the the potential in Kanye when Hova was blinded to it. Neyo, Rihanna, Jeezy were doing fine before Def-Jam signed them more so, defjam wasn't owned by Jay. The label is prolific well enough b4 Jay stepped in.
Re: Jay-z Signs Lil Kim To Roc Nat10n: by 5p1naz(m): 1:38pm On May 30, 2010
colomb:

Jigga only try but we all know that he lost it right from when the Roc split happened. Dame can't flow but he was the business success of d Roc. Cam'ron was the first signing to hit platinum under Roc and he was Dame's move. He also saw the the potential in Kanye when Hova was blinded to it. Neyo, Rihanna, Jeezy were doing fine before Def-Jam signed them more so, defjam wasn't owned by Jay. The label is prolific well enough b4 Jay stepped in.

alrite ma n***a dats wa im talkin about. . . this is he who knoweth music. . . u make lotta sense wif ur statemnt. . .
Re: Jay-z Signs Lil Kim To Roc Nat10n: by zebra543: 2:07pm On May 30, 2010
not tru, Neyo and rihanna are dj biggest selling artists right now, they are mainstream, and everyone knows if white people dont like you you will barely sell records!
Re: Jay-z Signs Lil Kim To Roc Nat10n: by hax: 2:13pm On May 30, 2010
colomb:

- Def Jam's been around since the 80's.
- Rihanna's debut was in 2005 on Def Jam. She wasn't 'doing fine' before Def Jam.
- Ne-Yo's debut was dropped before it was released, his real debut was released on Def Jam. He wasn't 'doing fine' before Def Jam.
- Jeezy also started in 2005 on Def Jam. He's the only one who could have been said to be 'doing fine', he dropped an album with Boys in the hood before that.
- And Rocafella wasn't the only record company that doubted Kanye's rapping skills, just so you know.
- Jay-Z accepted the position of CEO in 2004. So he WAS the 'owner' and all before Jeezy, Rihanna and Ne-Yo. And he signed Kanye on Rocafella first.
I think you're exaggerating Dash's influence.

Give Jay-Z his props. HE SIGNED THE ROOTS!
Re: Jay-z Signs Lil Kim To Roc Nat10n: by aieromon(m): 5:11pm On May 30, 2010
hax:

- Def Jam's been around since the 80's.
- Rihanna's debut was in 2005 on Def Jam. She wasn't 'doing fine' before Def Jam.
- Ne-Yo's debut was dropped before it was released, his real debut was released on Def Jam. He wasn't 'doing fine' before Def Jam.
- Jeezy also started in 2005 on Def Jam. He's the only one who could have been said to be 'doing fine', he dropped an album with Boys in the hood before that.
- And Rocafella wasn't the only record company that doubted Kanye's rapping skills, just so you know.
- Jay-Z accepted the position of CEO in 2004. So he WAS the 'owner' and all before Jeezy, Rihanna and Ne-Yo. And he signed Kanye on Rocafella first.
I think you're exaggerating Dash's influence.

Give Jay-Z his props. HE SIGNED THE ROOTS!

Thanks,i wonder where people got the opinion that these artistes were superstars before Jay signed them especially a Rihanna who almost fainted when she first saw Jay.Jay was supposed to also sign Chris Brown that year but the shyt fell through.
Don't worry about now,he's got NEXT.
Re: Jay-z Signs Lil Kim To Roc Nat10n: by 5p1naz(m): 5:18pm On May 30, 2010
aieromon:

Thanks,i wonder where people got the opinion that these artistes were superstars before Jay signed them especially a Rihanna who almost fainted when she first saw Jay.Jay was supposed to also sign Chris Brown that year but the shyt fell through.
Don't worry about now,he's got NEXT.

tnk gawd he didnt sigb him or yall wuda sed he brought chris breezy to fame. . . anyways lets not 4gt y we here. . . wat do u fink bout him signing kim?
Re: Jay-z Signs Lil Kim To Roc Nat10n: by aieromon(m): 5:39pm On May 30, 2010
5p1naz:

tnk gawd he didnt sigb him or yall wuda sed he brought chris breezy to fame. . . anyways lets not 4gt y we here. . . wat do u fink bout him signing kim?

I dunno what Jigga has up his sleeves. . . .maybe he's tryin' to finish what Biggie started.
All she needs is a single produced by Scott Storch for the hype.
Re: Jay-z Signs Lil Kim To Roc Nat10n: by 5p1naz(m): 11:38pm On May 30, 2010
mayb he is tryna finish that, but i believe strongly she gona flop especially wif the kinda music minaj is puttin out there, she needs to get to that level to get attention, no hate but i forsee no future for her,
Re: Jay-z Signs Lil Kim To Roc Nat10n: by hax: 11:43pm On May 30, 2010
You're making it sound like Nicki Minaj isn't trash. lol
Re: Jay-z Signs Lil Kim To Roc Nat10n: by A40(m): 12:59am On May 31, 2010
Nicki Minaj to Lil Kim haa jor ohh o ni fe gbe obinrin fun Elton John oh. .

I think this signing has more to do with her ability to make a can of Sprite disappear in her mouth than anything musical with the way his wife has been hanging around Lady Gaga

Jay-Z revamped Def Jam incase una no know! The likes of Neyo,Rihanna,Jeezy and even Rick Ross have Jigga to thank for where they are now never mind Kanye
Re: Jay-z Signs Lil Kim To Roc Nat10n: by 5p1naz(m): 1:33am On May 31, 2010
@ A-40 lmfao to the nicki minaj / kim , john elton shitty, funny as hell,
Re: Jay-z Signs Lil Kim To Roc Nat10n: by shotster50(m): 12:05am On Jun 02, 2010
Jay signing Lil Ho Chin Minh doesnt really make sense musically unless of course there are other reasons we do not know.
Someone here was saying Jay z'S old is irrelevant, are u kidding me, where have been the last 6 months, did u just wake up from hibernation or something??
Re: Jay-z Signs Lil Kim To Roc Nat10n: by Genuflect(m): 3:47am On Jun 02, 2010
5pinaz, how you go dey compare Nicki Minaj to Lil' Kim? Nicki wey dey use nose rap. Kim still has potential to sell, or even better, make a good album. At least she had 5 mics for her last one. So no dey undermine Kim abeg. Queen Binsh fun rara e

(1) (2) (Reply)

Excaphino And Acet Drop Bad Boy / Looking For Information On A Song And The Artist / VIDEO: Phyno – So Far So Good (official Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.