Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

Bitcoin Is Illegal In Nigeria. Worry About EFCC? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bitcoin Is Illegal In Nigeria. Worry About EFCC? (1079 Views)

Why Bitcoin Is Worse Than A Madoff-style Ponzi Scheme / Why You Should Worry Again About The Central Bank’s New Forex Ban / Why Investing In Bitcoin Is A Bad Investment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bitcoin Is Illegal In Nigeria. Worry About EFCC? by hayfloze(m): 8:57am On Jun 03, 2018
I was wondering that since Bitcoin trading has been announced by the government to be illegal in Nigeria, will a trader be prosecuted for trading on online websites like blockchain, paxful, luno and co?

We all know what the EFCC and SARS does to the people do Yahoo Yahoo and internet scam. Is this offense of yahoo yahoo also applicable to the Bitcoin Online Traders?

Let's hear from your various views and experience.
Re: Bitcoin Is Illegal In Nigeria. Worry About EFCC? by greatnaija01: 9:04am On Jun 03, 2018
Not being a LEGAL TENDER is not the same as being illegal. Pls be clear.
EFFC is not coming after ANYONE.

hayfloze:
I was wondering that since Bitcoin trading has been announced by the government to be illegal in Nigeria, will a trader be prosecuted for trading on online websites like blockchain, paxful, luno and co?

We all know what the EFCC and SARS does to the people do Yahoo Yahoo and internet scam. Is this offense of yahoo yahoo also applicable to the Bitcoin Online Traders?

Let's hear from your various views and experience.

1 Like

Re: Bitcoin Is Illegal In Nigeria. Worry About EFCC? by ITbomb(m): 9:04am On Jun 03, 2018
Who declared it illegal, give me the source
Re: Bitcoin Is Illegal In Nigeria. Worry About EFCC? by hayfloze(m): 11:22am On Jun 03, 2018
ITbomb:
The CBN

Re: Bitcoin Is Illegal In Nigeria. Worry About EFCC? by hayfloze(m): 12:37pm On Jun 03, 2018
ITbomb:

Police has arrested someone before because they saw btc transaction on his phone. It happened in my area
Re: Bitcoin Is Illegal In Nigeria. Worry About EFCC? by Oluwo1: 3:33pm On Jun 03, 2018
Same police that'll arrest someone for carrying condom in his wallet??
hayfloze:

Police has arrested someone before because they saw btc transaction on his phone. It happened in my area

3 Likes

Re: Bitcoin Is Illegal In Nigeria. Worry About EFCC? by hayfloze(m): 3:36pm On Jun 03, 2018
Oluwo1:
Same police that'll arrest someone for carrying condom in his wallet??
Lol grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bitcoin Is Illegal In Nigeria. Worry About EFCC? by ayojohn4real: 10:57pm On Jun 03, 2018
9ja police can arrest u for anything, they arrested 8 people in Benin city for drinking beer

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Are You A Mini Importer Or Just Planning To Start? You Need To Read This Now / How To Own A Vtu System That Pay U 1000 To 10000 Daily / Imported 5 Litres Vegetable Oil For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.