Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,140 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:40 AM

How Long Should A CHRISTIAN Fast?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Long Should A CHRISTIAN Fast?? (782 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: How Dare You Tell How Long We Stay In Church / As A Christian, Is Court Wedding In Place Of Church Wedding Acceptable By God? / Benevolent Muslims In The House! A Christian Needs To Eat Sallah Ram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Should A CHRISTIAN Fast?? by Jokerman(m): 9:50am On Jun 03, 2018
Please how long should a Christian fast??

Is it how long your body can take or how long the spirit leads??

My lengthiest fast has been 4pm before I broke, however said if I had murmured or complained, the fast may have been null... How true??

And has anyone fasted 40 days 40 nights before like pur master, and how did you accomplish it??

Jesus also advised us to practise fasting
Re: How Long Should A CHRISTIAN Fast?? by Nobody: 10:18am On Jun 03, 2018
40 days and 40 nights? If someone has been able to fast for 40 days and 40 nights, I need them to come in here and tell me how they did it. shocked
Re: How Long Should A CHRISTIAN Fast?? by orunto27: 11:36am On Jun 03, 2018
Depends on how old you are.
Re: How Long Should A CHRISTIAN Fast?? by orbgoblin: 11:52am On Jun 03, 2018
I think the only way they'll be able to tell you how they did it would be from their biography written by someone else
JupiterGeekVII:
40 days and 40 nights? If someone has been able to fast 40 days and 40 nights, I need them to come in here and tell me how they did it. shocked
Re: How Long Should A CHRISTIAN Fast?? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jun 03, 2018
orbgoblin:
I think the only way they'll be able to tell you how they did it would be from their biography written by someone else
Why?
Re: How Long Should A CHRISTIAN Fast?? by orbgoblin: 12:22am On Jun 04, 2018
dead people can't write or tell tales.
JupiterGeekVII:
Why?
Re: How Long Should A CHRISTIAN Fast?? by Kenneth4u205(m): 5:58am On Jun 04, 2018
read Isaiah chapter 58
Re: How Long Should A CHRISTIAN Fast?? by Nobody: 9:34am On Jun 04, 2018
We live in a generation of less passionate people who don't want to strive to hear the voice Of the Lord.

See, there's no stipulated number of days u must fast.. Fast until you see results, fast n pray until thus sayeth the Lord!

If you need to seek the face of God for something, don't stop until u find him. Uma Ukpai needed to be extraordinary in the faith n so he fasted until the Lord said to him "stop, I will assign 100 angels to u".. Johnson suleman fasted 265 days and another 145days. He did 19days dry n was sneezing blood till God told him " for this u have done, I will not only make u a voice but a generational voice"..

Yours might not be 40days or 7days dry.. All that matters is ur heart, ur desire n hunger n don't stop till you're filled ..

2 Likes

Re: How Long Should A CHRISTIAN Fast?? by Nobody: 10:46am On Jun 04, 2018
Jacksonville:
We live in a generation of less passionate people who don't want to strive to hear the voice Of the Lord.

See, there's no stipulated number of days u must fast.. Fast until you see results, fast n pray until thus sayeth the Lord!

If you need to seek the face of God for something, don't stop until u find him. Uma Ukpai needed to be extraordinary in the faith n so he fasted until the Lord said to him "stop, I will assigned 100 angels to u".. Johnson suleman fasted 265 days and another 145days. He did 19days dry n was sneezing blood till God told him " for this u have done, I will not only make u a voice but a generational voice"..

Yours might not be 40days or 7days dry.. All that matters is ur heart, ur desire n hunger..
+1. Thumbs up.

(1) (Reply)

Was Judas "Predestined" To Betray Christ? / Bishop Oyedepo 2019 Prophecies That Will,shock You / Alcohol Is A Very Effective Dissolving Agent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.