Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,274 members, 7,807,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

Was Marriage Created For Man Or Woman? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Was Marriage Created For Man Or Woman? (1564 Views)

Was Marriage Worth It? / Implications Of Sleeping With A Married Man Or Woman / Meet Young Man With 9 Wives Who Created Sex Roster For All 9 Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Marriage Created For Man Or Woman? by peacengine(m): 9:29am On Jun 09, 2018
mimimile93:

Op marriage benefits women not men.

Mention one thing a man can achieved in marriage that he cannot achieved outside marriage?
Marriage is an escape door from responsibilities for women...

Bros, can you take care of a kid from five to infant 24/7, talk less of 4 or 5 of them. Suppose I want four children and I don't stay with one woman but jump from one lady to another so am I the one that will feed, change and do other stuffs for all of them? What of cooking morning afternoon and evening, when will I have chance to do this, keep my house clean and other stuffs. Which of the women will I trust enough to reveal things to?

Marriage benefits man more. The word marriage is a human creation but companionship was created by God.

Companionship to me and as God created it is like marriage but not necessarily with certificate, it's two people coming together in agreement between their families and of course the man consent.

The certificate should be called companionship certificate for legal purpose.

2 Likes

Re: Was Marriage Created For Man Or Woman? by mimimile93: 10:59am On Jun 09, 2018
peacengine:

Bros, can you take care of a kid from five to infant 24/7, talk less of 4 or 5 of them. Suppose I want four children and I don't stay with one woman but jump from one lady to another so am I the one that will feed, change and do other stuffs for all of them? What of cooking morning afternoon and evening, when will I have chance to do this, keep my house clean and other stuffs. Which of the women will I trust enough to reveal things to?

Marriage benefits man more. The word marriage is a human creation but companionship was created by God.

Companionship to me and as God created it is like marriage but not necessarily with certificate, it's two people coming together in agreement between their families and of course the man consent.

The certificate should be called companionship certificate for legal purpose.

That's why we have nanny..
Employ maids to do stuffs in your house.
That was why you hustle. You hustle to get money and you get money to spend money..
Re: Was Marriage Created For Man Or Woman? by travelland(f): 11:25am On Jun 09, 2018
Interesting topic but some how confusing grin

Lalasticlala hehehe

Marriage was created by God in my own opinion but did He use the word marriage? Our ancestors didn't marry, for example in my village both men and women had children from different individuals. Your parents from both sides must have step siblings, thank God for Christianity

OP, marriage benefit both man and woman, for woman it gives a better social standing and more social network, also protection from man. For man, they get companionship, respect from society, care, and both get children

1 Like

Re: Was Marriage Created For Man Or Woman? by WizAkzy: 2:53pm On Jun 09, 2018
FellepHq:
Read the book "the manipulated man", you will get your answer there
bro that book and several others were among the forces that woke me up to the present day reality.

1 Like

Re: Was Marriage Created For Man Or Woman? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jun 09, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:
Marriage was created for DELUSIONISTS hoping to live happily-ever-after ke! grin

grin grin
Re: Was Marriage Created For Man Or Woman? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 09, 2018
travelland:
Interesting topic but some how confusing grin

Lalasticlala hehehe

Marriage was created by God in my own opinion but did He use the word marriage? Our ancestors didn't marry, for example in my village both men and women had children from different individuals. Your parents from both sides must have step siblings, thank God for Christianity

OP, marriage benefit both man and woman, for woman it gives a better social standing and more social network, also protection from man. For man, they get companionship, respect from society, care, and both get children

I am yet to see an individual enjoying respect for the simple reason that s/he is married.
Re: Was Marriage Created For Man Or Woman? by travelland(f): 4:55pm On Jun 09, 2018
Mindfulness:

I am yet to see an individual enjoying respect for the simple reason that s/he is married.

It happens here in Nigeria all the time even in our churches, sometimes important positions are given based on marital status. It's real down here even in work places, there's a lot of consideration given to married folks unlike single ones
Re: Was Marriage Created For Man Or Woman? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jun 09, 2018
travelland:

It happens here in Nigeria all the time even in our churches, sometimes important positions are given based on marital status. It's real down here even in work places, there's a lot of consideration given to married folks unlike single ones

But if we juxtapose a gateman and a rich businessman, marital status plays no role whatsoever with regards to the respect given or withheld. grin
Re: Was Marriage Created For Man Or Woman? by travelland(f): 5:14pm On Jun 09, 2018
Mindfulness:

But if we juxtapose a gateman and a rich businessman, marital status plays no role whatsoever with regards to the respect given or withheld. grin

You have a point but change both genders to female and you might not have same point grin It's more pronounced when the gender is female although it still happens to males e.g in handing out church leadership roles, even in work places, there's a societal perception of assuming that an individual is irresponsible when unmarried
Re: Was Marriage Created For Man Or Woman? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jun 09, 2018
travelland:

You have a point but change both genders to female and you might not have same point grin It's more pronounced when the gender is female although it still happens to males e.g in giving church leadership roles, there's a societal perception of assuming that an individual is irresponsible when unmarried

Church is a bad example as it is the most archaic institution of all. Politics would be a better example to help you make your point which you certainly do. However, Obama could not have gotten away with what Trump gets away (three two time divorcee grin ). It's all about money and power. Once you get the paper, you can make most people forget their (family) values in an instant. grin

The female gender? The female gender is about to change societal norms slowly but steadily. Even married women are fed up with the notion that marriage or the lack of it defines them. Single mamas, divorcees, single women have been stigmatized for too long. Sacrificial lambs have been idolized to keep them in the position of giving up on themselves to please others. You have a point here though. Women are supposed to marry young, give birth, and put everything else, even themselves second. Women are even said to be unhappy without husband and kids as if every married woman lives a blissful life. wink However, MANY women will not be given a position not because they do not want a family but because they do. Employers expect them to focus on family after marriage and kids. They are of less value. This is why there are laws in some places which do not allow employers to ask prospective female employees if they are planning on having kids. wink This is how f*cked up it can be but on the bright side, whatever you do, do it for yourself 'cause they will always find a problem or another so it does not really matter.

2 Likes

Re: Was Marriage Created For Man Or Woman? by peacengine(m): 6:52pm On Jun 09, 2018
Feminists are here, trying to prove that they don't need men, continue lying to ourselves

(1) (2) (Reply)

Married Men Come In...what Would You Do? / Man Whose Wife Forced To Change Over Power Electrocuted / Uganda Man Married Seven Wives At The Same Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.