Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,519 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

Advice To Marriage Counselors And Married Couple. (photo) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice To Marriage Counselors And Married Couple. (photo) (552 Views)

Single Life And Married Life, Which One Is More Enjoyable? / World Shortest Married Couple In Brazil (Photos) / Traditional Marriage Certificate Issued To New Couple (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Advice To Marriage Counselors And Married Couple. (photo) by spyg1(m): 11:40am On Jun 04, 2018
I read this post and felt I should share it to my fellow Nairalanders.
I felt so sad and overwhelmed by the reality on ground in most Nigerian Marriages.
A woman stabbed her husband to death because according to her, he has been beating her for so long and she couldn’t take it anymore.
This woman would go most likely go to jail for a very long time and her children would be raised by someone else. According to her, she said she didn’t want to leave him because she has children with him even when everyone else advised her to leave the marriage, now she won’t even be around for those children and God help her that the same children would be able to forgive her for killing their father.
People, let’s be honest with ourselves. Marriage is very beautiful at the same time, it could be a problem if you are having issues with your partner and you are no longer happy.
When it gets to the case of domestic violence, please leave so that you get killed or kill in anger. When it gets to that point where your partner irritates you and you can’t stand them anymore, please stay away for a while to process that feeling and even see a coach or therapist that can help you through those issues.
Furthermore, please stop stigmatizing people for leaving their marriages. Nobody would get married and plan to divorce anytime soon. Nobody would wake up one day and decide to bear the name divorcee just out of a flimsy excuse.
When people tell you that they are no longer interested, counsel them, pray for them but don’t force them to be together. These people are the ones in this marriage not you, so don’t quote scriptures on their heads to guilt trip them. Do what you can and leave them alone. Stop playing God and Judge over peoples lives even when your own life is in shambles.
Guys, let people be. It is their lives, not yours. No matter how much you love them, if being apart is what they want, let them have it while praying for them from afar. Don’t have someone’s death, unhappiness or depression on your hands because you want to help people do what is right..
A word is enough for the wise!!
#DomesticViolence #Onedeathtoomany#StopplayingGodinpeopleslives
#DontjudgeasyouarenottheirGod#Savelifefirst
Source : Lara Kudaisi's Page

(1) (Reply)

How Soon Can I Get Pregnant Again? / Monkeys Stone Man (72) To Death! / 50 Aged Persons Needs To Smile: Be The Reason

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.