Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,819 members, 7,802,620 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! (10825 Views)

Engine Overheating While Temperature Guage Stays At Middle.. / How To Check The Fuel Guage To Ensure It's Still Working / Another Nigerian Man Takes A Nap With His Car In The Middle Of Highway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by Eking: 1:03pm On Jul 09, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

toyota uses toyota genuine longlife coolant, bright pink oem coolant, and that is what I recommend .

Buy 2 gallons, keep the extra as spare when you need it.

I bought the car as tokunbo.. Came with green coolant. I read its not good to mix green and pink coolants. At the same time I don't know any good Mech in Warri that can flush the whole green coolant from my car, that's why I wanted to continue with the green coolant
Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by aninweze(m): 1:50pm On Jul 09, 2018
This entitlement mentality is ugly.

You walk on water, they say its because u cant swim. Onukwube.

3 Likes

Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by Inception(m): 3:37pm On Jul 09, 2018
Eking:

I bought the car as tokunbo.. Came with green coolant. I read its not good to mix green and pink coolants. At the same time I don't know any good Mech in Warri that can flush the whole green coolant from my car, that's why I wanted to continue with the green coolant

That car was never designed to use green coolant in its engine cooling system.It was designed to use pink(Toyota long life coolant premixed). And you bought it as tokunbo? Hmm. something is fishy here.
Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:40pm On Jul 09, 2018
Eking:

Go to YouTube, watch how it is done, and replicate .
Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by Eking: 5:59pm On Jul 09, 2018
Inception:

That car was never designed to use green coolant in its engine cooling system.It was designed to use pink(Toyota long life coolant premixed). And you bought it as tokunbo? Hmm. something is fishy here.

Yes ooo... Bought in February 2015.. Came with green coolant . thermostat and fans in factory setting.. I have a copy of the shipping documents sef
Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by Eking: 6:00pm On Jul 09, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Go to YouTube, watch how it is done, and replicate .
OK thanks alot
Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by NobleEngineer(m): 6:37pm On Jul 10, 2018
Hallelujah my Thread don rest...
Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by radautoworks: 10:35pm On Jul 28, 2018
Not so fast! Lol

All I can say is if any of my employees EVER hung up on a customer no matter how rude,, they would immediately be fired.

6 Likes

Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by banky3w(m): 10:49pm On Jul 28, 2018
radautoworks:
Not so fast! Lol

All I can say is if any of my employees EVER hung up on a customer no matter how rude,, they would immediately be fired.
Yes because you're paying him/her for that service. Please note that the wailers is not paying.

1 Like

Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by obekediamondfuto(m): 12:08am On Jul 29, 2018
radautoworks:
Not so fast! Lol

ya, I get you but take some time and check it..... there are some jobs u need to say no to.... else they become problems and these jobs.... most times have a tendency to pester u to engage, the only way u can do such is to aggressively say NO.... exactly what Gazuzz did!

the guy(not Gazuzz) ain't that bad though...... just that he has had a fair share of money eating and priding so he literally feels everyone owes him some sort of commitment someway, somehow..... it's quite normal in the Nigerian society.... when he chop money belleful, he would be tired of all the activities and bragadocious outings and see life for what it truly is..... so allow him. it's a passing phase.... the money is what is talking, not him

4 Likes

Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by radautoworks: 12:56am On Jul 29, 2018
banky3w:

Yes because you're paying him/her for that service. Please note that the wailers is not paying.

Don't quite understand that statement.

My point is a polite we can't help you is what my people are trained to say. Hanging up is never okay. Plus I seem to have read somewhere that he was never asked to pay and refused.

Company culture is what you make it and sadly I'm this country, I don't see enough of it.

2 Likes

Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by radautoworks: 12:58am On Jul 29, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

ya, I get you but take some time and check it..... there are some jobs u need to say no to.... else they become problems and these jobs.... most times have a tendency to pester u to engage, the only way u can do such is to aggressively say NO.... exactly what Gazuzz did!

the guy(not Gazuzz) ain't that bad though...... just that he has had a fair share of money eating and priding so he literally feels everyone owes him some sort of commitment someway, somehow..... it's quite normal in the Nigerian society.... when he chop money belleful, he would be tired of all the activities and bragadocious outings and see life for what it truly is..... so allow him. it's a passing phase.... the money is what is talking, not him

We say no to jobs all the time. I have five companies, four in the service industry and in ALL my companies, that would never happen. Even with the most insane customer.
Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by timifakay(m): 2:19am On Jul 29, 2018
radautoworks:

We say no to jobs all the time. I have five companies, four in the service industry and in ALL my companies, that would never happen. Even with the most insane customer.

And when a first time customer tells your staff he's stupid for not releasing car with outstanding bill to his driver?
Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by radautoworks: 2:47am On Jul 29, 2018
timifakay:

And when a first time customer tells your staff he's stupid for not releasing car with outstanding bill to his driver?

I'm not clear on what that has to do with what I was saying.. I was talking about phone etiquette...
Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:28am On Jul 29, 2018
radautoworks:

well u have very valid points tho.
where I work too, we cannot; under any circumstance, tell a customer or even a potential customer off without due escalation.... and even then we try to make it as polite as possible..... even with mentally unstable individuals..... not for them, but for the people watching and waiting to use social media to mess us up. so I get u, but in his defense...... it's a one man show. when he diversifies and employs other people to handle other tasks for him.... maybe he'll adopt this customer-centric idealogy. my stake in this matter is....... I KNOW THE GUY!. and he isn't what is being described here!

2 Likes

Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by lilkech(m): 9:27am On Jul 29, 2018
many big names with businesses on nairaland have risen and fallen or disappeared out of existence as a whole since I’ve been here watching on the sidelines.

Everything that has a beginning must have an end and anything with a start must run till it’s finished.

It’s how your own ‘end/finish’ comes about that matters the most. People should focus on what’s important in life and toss the BS aside in all matters especially as they stick fingers into forums like this in search of clients or business.

People call this a Faceless forum, well 10 years ago I’d agree but that’s not what it seems to be these days.

If two people are arguing and they are both wrong, people please point it out ... stop saying ‘I know him snd he can’t do that’ ... these words can set someone up for a ruin because that person will not consider being wrong while in reality he might have been.

Concerning this post ... The players know themselves. I love drama but I never want to star in any grin

6 Likes

Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by obekediamondfuto(m): 11:48am On Jul 29, 2018
lilkech:
many big names with businesses on nairaland have risen and fallen or disappeared out of existence as a whole since I’ve been here watching on the sidelines.

Everything that has a beginning must have an end and anything with a start must run till it’s finished.

It’s how your own ‘end/finish’ comes about that matters the most. People should focus on what’s important in life and toss the BS aside in all matters especially as they stick fingers into forums like this in search of clients or business.

People call this a Faceless forum, well 10 years ago I’d agree but that’s not what it seems to be these days.

If two people are arguing and they are both wrong, people please point it out ... stop saying ‘I know him snd he can’t do that’ ... these words can set someone up for a ruin because that person will not consider being wrong while in reality he might have been.

Concerning this post ... The players know themselves. I love drama but I never want to star in any grin

OK oh, but as for me..... I only see wrong if in that particular scenario.... I'd make a different choice, considering all protocols remain constant.... and in this case, BRO.... I'll definitely repeat that, if I were in Gazuzz shoes and even in my own current shoes.

if I am to render help to someone and u come to me with a keen sense of entitlement without any form of consultancy payment....
then I'd drop the call immediately(this only applies when I own and run my own biz) unfortunately I don't run my own biz YET.

when anyone is wrong I WILL point it out, go thru my posts
I will stand for what Is right (according to my philosophy and ideology) be it Mohammed Ali or Gaddafi or even Egunmogaji..... go thru my posts and confirm this.

In this case I maintain my status quo, whilst not buying any case.
I WILL TAKE THE SAME ACTION IF I AM FACED WITH THE SAME SCENARIO WITH THE CONDITIONS SURROUNDING THE INCIDENT.

probably this is what ikenna351 saw and decided to make everyone pay for his services, so he knows that in taking one's BS he is being rewarded handsomely for it.

maybe Gazuzz should do same so all u clamouring for free consultancy while demanding courtesy and etiquette can actually value his invaluable services.

@rdautoworks, when the time is right u will get to understand why u need to focus on a specific target market. with what u r bent on offering **to all and sundry ... I can assure u that in no time u might begin to understand (the hard way) why Nigeria is a very very peculiar environment.... I know u r familiar with most of its entities but u still would understand that u need to target a specific market or streamline services to suit all the markets.... we have so many markets in Nigeria including the rich and mad market and the starving/managing and insane market.... all looking for the same value.

HO HA

2 Likes

Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by erico2k2(m): 12:18pm On Jul 29, 2018
weyreypey:

You owe nwanneni or any other person the duty of being civil. The fact that you have been getting away with incivility and underhand activities doesn't mean you're right. If you don't support Mercedes Benz then direct the caller to people who do. Not come here to form one holier than thou attitude.
erm I think you guys are wrong,I believ if you pay for service rendered even when you call the responce would be different, and you said something about him directing him to a mercedes place, well I think he is within his right not to direct for the simple reason of gaurantee.
Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by erico2k2(m): 12:22pm On Jul 29, 2018
nwanneni:
proud and cocky as usual.please at least tell this forum how I was rude to you on the phone.
I have a competent mechanic who does well,but this issue proved to be beyond his expertise,after I left his office,thesame issue broke out on the way and I thought i should seek a second opinion,who else but gazzuzz.
Our conversation was thus;gazzuzz,how far(which is common btw Nigerian youths).I am experiencing......
What did you do after that?you hung up.
now tell me who the troll here is because I really think it is you,mightier than thou.
U forgot one very important thing there.
Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by erico2k2(m): 12:27pm On Jul 29, 2018
NanaF:

I would hang up the phone on you too. Realize you’re calling to ask for a favour and read this your conversation again. He’s not your friend, he doesn’t even have your number, and the first thing you say is ‘how far’ and start narrating your problem. Did you ask if it was a good time for him to talk? Nigerians sha and entitilement mentality.
Me too, I wont only hang up, I will block it, what manner of rudness, U call a very busy person, he even managed topick up the call,you are here complaining,you should have asked if it was a good time to talk then he could have given a call me back time.and to see that he is seeking favour beats me.

2 Likes

Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by erico2k2(m): 12:30pm On Jul 29, 2018
nwanneni:
hello?I am not crazy.i told him where I got his number from and did all formalities before proceeding.how far was just the first thing that I said to him which is normal between young people.get it?
Secondly,I was not asking for a favour,get that into your thick skull.its from talking to him that leads to patronage hence he gets to make money from me.
Nigerians and jumping into abrupt conclusions mentality
It is very evident you are rude seriously dude, U need to chill.I understand you lost money but that dosnt mean you should vent ur anger at anyone who has nothing to do with your car, have you finished killing the mechanics who worked on your car b4 it died? angry angry

1 Like

Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by erico2k2(m): 12:32pm On Jul 29, 2018
Pitokwe:
p
There is nothing wrong in asking for favor. We all will need favor at one point in our lives.

If the caller is not right at this instance,the person on the other end should make the caller know so and move on with the aim of the call.

He hung up. Two wrongs will never make it right.
so its an offence for someone to hang up a call to a person he dnt know? it might be he is waiting for a special call!

1 Like

Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by obekediamondfuto(m): 12:34pm On Jul 29, 2018
erico2k2:

erm I think you guys are wrong,I believ if you pay for service rendered even when you call the responce would be different, and you said something about him directing him to a mercedes place, well I think he is within his right not to direct for the simple reason of gaurantee.

bros, their demand is quite simple.

they want someone offering free consultation to not just give them, but also be civil, nice, courteous, attentive, calm and also respond in a timely manner despite the rudeness and arrogance of the caller requesting for these services without paying a dime.

it's quite simple to me tho, unfortunately I DO NOT KNOW ANYONE who offers such free charity service.... not even myself.

well I think ikenna351 was a step ahead with his "paid service skills set".

let's even agree that he was wrong, did he receive any payment and then hang up the call without refunding the pymt? u cannot demand such from someone u don't own!! it's free, take it as u see it! u didn't pay for it.

before people start saying money isn't everything, well he has a biz to run with other prospects and "paying customers " so that time "not" spent talking for free can translate to better relationships

2 Likes

Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by obekediamondfuto(m): 12:39pm On Jul 29, 2018
erico2k2:

so its an offence for someone to hang up a call to a person he dnt know? it might be he is waiting for a special call!

bros, they obviously don't see things that way.....
that he might also be under pressure to deliver to a "paying and courteous "client.

he should have a dedicated line..... heck, he should have 100 dedicated lines for people with such issues so if 2 or more rude and ungrateful clients call he can use his 2 hands and legs to answer all the calls at the same time cos they are rude and the customer is always right and no rude arrogant customer should be hung up on.... he can hang up on people like us who are calm headed and reasonable to a large extent.... and we'll understand that he is attending to rude, ill-mannered clients that have no intention to pay for the consultation....... of a brand that he doesn't work on OH.

I just cannot understand this kind of mentality.

3 Likes

Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 29, 2018
erico2k2:

It is very evident you are rude seriously dude, U need to chill.I understand you lost money but that dosnt mean you should vent ur anger at anyone who has nothing to do with your car, have you finished killing the mechanics who worked on your car b4 it died? angry angry
i did not kill anyone,i just wanted him to know how i felt.
Not a problem no more,my new beast is here now.
I might restore the dead one when i have time and patience to do so.thanks anyways,but i let this issue slide a long time ago.i have even forgotten i ever owned a c230 kompressor.
Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by erico2k2(m): 12:55pm On Jul 29, 2018
nwanneni:
i did not kill anyone,i just wanted him to know how i felt.
Not a problem no more,my new beast is here now.
I might restore the dead one when i have time and patience to do so.thanks anyways,but i let this issue slide a long time ago.i have even forgotten i ever owned a c230 kompressor.
OK ohhh no wahala
Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jul 29, 2018
erico2k2:

Me too, I wont only hang up, I will block it, what manner of rudness, U call a very busy person, he even managed topick up the call,you are here complaining,you should have asked if it was a good time to talk then he could have given a call me back time.and to see that he is seeking favour beats me.
i am surprised you are the one saying this.
Really surprised

1 Like

Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by Pitokwe(m): 1:01pm On Jul 29, 2018
erico2k2:

My friend, it is not a stranger just calling another stranger. It is potential customer calling a service provider. As a service provider,You will get all manner of calls and you need to act 100% professional at all time.

I have called the same Gazzuz a number of times now and he has not done a single job for me as at now.He did not hang the phone on me.He answered my queries and in some instances,he has told me that he can't do the job for me.that is professional.

I think Gazzuz have been reading too and has learnt a thing or two and has changed a little his modus operandi,which I think is a plus for his business .

I will tell you something,little things in customer management that most customers service provider tend to ignore usually hunt them down in the future.

I work for a brand ,whoes brand is a market leader today in just 3 years of entering into the market,With a market share of 52%as at today,while the former market leader who have been the market for over 25 years and held monopoly for a long while and behave the way it wants because there was no stiff competition, is crawling at 32%,then others.

We listened to the complains their customers,won them over,gave them good product and good price. The rest is history now.

Do not underate any body,you never can tell.the words of mouth and now social media is so powerful.

3 Likes

Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by asamwababy: 1:05pm On Jul 29, 2018
Pitokwe:

My friend, it is not a stranger just calling another stranger. It is potential customer calling a service provider. As a service provider,You will get all manner of calls and you need to act 100% professional at all time.

I have called the same Gazzuz a number of times now and he has not done a single job for me as at now.He did not hang the phone on me.He answered my queries and in some instances,he has told me that he can't do the job for me.that is professional.

I think Gazzuz have been reading too and has learnt a thing or two and has changed a little his modus operandi,which I think is a plus for his business .

I will tell you something,little things in customer management that most customers service provider tend to ignore usually hunt them down in the future.

I work for a brand ,whoes brand is a market leader today in just 3 years of entering into the market,With a market share of 52%as at today,while the former market leader who have been the market for over 25 years and held monopoly for a long while and behave the way it wants because there was no stiff competition, is crawling at 32%,then others.

We listened to the complains their customers,won them over,gave them good product and good price. The rest is history now.

Do not underate any body,you never can tell.the words of mouth and now social media is so powerful.

Well said bro

You couldn't have put it any better.

In the course of such calls,the caller who was asking for enquiries might just change his mind and become a customer.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by erico2k2(m): 1:12pm On Jul 29, 2018
Pitokwe:

you are still missing the point, a person you do not know is a stranger, and if you provide services, you have the right also to not provide service,as a trader, you have the right to refuse trading with a person as far as no agreement was signed.Now if the seller is no complaining of loss of service money who are you the potential customer to complain
PS.The Gaz is not a customer service agent, he is a Mechanic,how he managed to answer his call while working I dont know, I dont answer my phone when Im working, I work based on Jobs sheet from the office.So if you call a customer service line they will never ever give you advice over the phone all you would get is an appointment.There is a guy in the peugeot section, he charges for giving advice, and Im very sure the rest will follow same l ine cos of threads like this.Advice if only FREE NOT COMPULSERY.
Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by obekediamondfuto(m): 1:15pm On Jul 29, 2018
Pitokwe:

you don't know how right u are @ the bolded.
PS the fee won't be less than 50k annually.

this fee will cater for the new entrants into the Gazuzz customer care section of the biz
Re: My Temperature Guage Doesn't Get To The Middle !!! by erico2k2(m): 1:16pm On Jul 29, 2018
asamwababy:

Well said bro

You couldn't have put it any better.

In the course of such calls,the caller who was asking for enquiries might just change his mind and become a customer.
This is true but at the end of the day who lost the caller or Gazzuz?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buy Innoson Vehicles. 100% Made In Nigeria / What You Should Know About Customized/special, spy and dealer number Plate / Geneva Auto Show Launches, And There Are Booth Babes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.