Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,194 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

I Wont Kill Myself Because Of Love- Shan George - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Wont Kill Myself Because Of Love- Shan George (2002 Views)

Hollywood Wont Kill Us See What This Actress Wore To The Red Carpet (photos) / Desmond Elliot,Shan George, At Lagos #Sweat4Peace# Campaign (Photos) / Pirates Beware! Shan George To Send Juju To Movie Pirates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Wont Kill Myself Because Of Love- Shan George by nellaluv(f): 12:07pm On May 31, 2010
[img]http://www.nigeriafilms.com/thumb2.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L3NoYW5nZy5qcGc=&s=NS8zMS8yMDEw&w=600[/img]
Shan George

I don't know why my relationships don't work out. I have found love, I have stayed there and the men kicked me out. What do you want me to do?I am not going to kill myself. I am probably not a great person.They always fall in love with someone else and kick me out. I have gotten to the stage I can tell you I am a master in the heartbreak issue now. I cry for a couple of months and then I begin to cope again" Actress Shan George tells Encomium magazine.

Did Shan say "I'm probably not a great person" because her relationships didn't work out? Wow! She needs talking to. So please talk. . . that's if you have any wise words to share. I'm sure there a few other ladies out there who feel like Shan feels. . .

http://nigeriafilms.com/news/7716/28/i-wont-kill-myself-because-of-love.html
Re: I Wont Kill Myself Because Of Love- Shan George by nellaluv(f): 12:12pm On May 31, 2010
For the records Shan George has been married three times officially and her marriages collapsed.
She have official marriages and unofficial ones, this however is the unofficial relationship, like the one she had with Okey Bakassi.
Re: I Wont Kill Myself Because Of Love- Shan George by PokerFace(f): 12:27pm On May 31, 2010
nellaluv:

Shan George
I don't know why my relationships don't work out. I have found love, I have stayed there and the men kicked me out. What do you want me to do?I am not going to kill myself. I am probably not a great person.They always fall in love with someone else and kick me out. I have gotten to the stage I can tell you I am a master in the heartbreak issue now. I cry for a couple of months and then I begin to cope again" Actress Shan George tells Encomium magazine.
Did Shan say "I'm probably not a great person" because her relationships didn't work out? Wow! She needs talking to. So please talk. . . that's if you have any wise words to share. I'm sure there a few other ladies out there who feel like Shan feels. . .

http://nigeriafilms.com/news/7716/28/i-wont- kill- myself-because-of-love.html

nellaluv:

For the records Shan George has been married three times officially and her marriages collapsed.
She have official marriages and unofficial ones, this however is the unofficial relationship, like the one she had with Okey Bakassi.

Some are just unlucky
Re: I Wont Kill Myself Because Of Love- Shan George by MissyB1(m): 2:19pm On May 31, 2010
Soul-searching + candor = detection of cause of problem= Shan George . . . . . .
amend cause of problem = Change in situation.
Re: I Wont Kill Myself Because Of Love- Shan George by browncocos(f): 5:19pm On May 31, 2010
heya sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: I Wont Kill Myself Because Of Love- Shan George by sjeezy8: 7:28pm On May 31, 2010
With that hideous tattoo on her arm I dont know any sensible guy that would take her seriously.
Re: I Wont Kill Myself Because Of Love- Shan George by Nobody: 7:55pm On May 31, 2010
its not always that easy being biracial in nigeria, and especially when your dad is the non-naija side.

Sometimes when I look back at what my life was as a young girl growing up in the village, sometimes I get an image of a young girl who deserves better. But then it was fun. I knew no other life. Here I was, half-caste, born by a British expatriate, living in a village that had no electricity. My mother worked very hard to send me to school, provided me with the little comfort that she could, I remember as a young girl I had my own bed. But all the other basic amenities like having a generator, a television set were luxuries that my mother could not afford. I remember how I used to go to watch television in neighbour’s houses. And how I used to dream of becoming somebody some day. I actually wanted to become a lawyer as a young girl. And I wanted so much to become somebody great in the society, and I used to fantasize about how someday, I am going to marry a governor or a president, so that I can become a first lady, just like the wives of the presidents and governors that I sometimes see on my neigbour’s television set.
I was an Oyibo girl, who knew nothing about the Western world, and I had this big ambition to be great someday. How to go about it then, I did not know. But I just kept on dreaming, and hoped it happens.

It is the norm in my village then that young girls get married off between the age of 15 to 17.

So, when I was getting close to my 16th birthday, I got married. I was really excited about the marriage proposal then, to me as a young girl growing up in a village without electricity, getting married and going to live in "township" then was very exciting. "Township" then as we used to call places where there is electricity, cars, television, executive sitting chairs, to us then in the village, was paradise. I can’t say I was forced into marriage then, I was actually excited at the prospect of leaving the village for paradise. But I realised later that not all that glitters is gold. I left the village for the so-called paradise, for me to find out that it wasn’t a paradise after all. And things didn’t work out the way I thought they would.

Maybe if I didn’t get married that early in life, maybe things would have been different. Because I now know everything has its time and season. One needs to be mature and ready for marriage. Although my ex-husband is older, there was no cordiality in the marriage. We had a traditional marriage and I left the village to live with him. As a young girl, I had high hopes of going to the university to read Law.
Four years into the marriage with two kids, and no talk about me going back to school, to become that person that I wanted to be, I became an unhappy persons. Suddenly, I realised that if I stayed on in that marriage, I will never realise my dreams. And I was not happy in that marriage. At a point, my marriage was like a stumbling block to my success in life. So, I knew I had to do something about it. After six years in that marriage, I woke up one morning on the 6th of May 1991, with N2,400 in my bag. I left my husband’s house in Ojodu.

I did not head for the village this time around. I had left with my kids before then for my village. But my mother asked me questions about how my ex-husband was treating me, and my replies were positive ones. Was I being maltreated by him? I replied no. So my mother was not in support of me staying back in the village with my kids, she insisted I had to go back to my husband. So, I realised then that I just couldn’t go back to my mother in the village this time around. I knew if I had to leave, I had to go somewhere else, definitely not my village.

http://nm.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=7289&z=3

touching story though e get as e be sha.
Re: I Wont Kill Myself Because Of Love- Shan George by Nobody: 7:58pm On May 31, 2010
My father was a British expatriate and because my mother was too devastated after his death, when she left Enugu, she didn’t even think of keeping any document for future references as regards my father.
All she had was his photograph. So, at a point in my life, out of curiosity of wanting to know who my father was, I went in search of the company he worked with in Enugu. And that was how I got to know that the company’s name had been changed from Turners Asbestos to Eminite. I found my father’s name in what was left as the ‘company’s record. And I was able to get the company’s address in Manchester, United Kingdom. I sent a lot of letters to the company, but I never got a responce. And the telephone number I got from the company’s record was also no longer in service.

My father’s name, Gordon Walker George, was on the company’s record. I have reached out to a lot of organisations that could help trace my father’s relatives. I also tried Red Cross because I heard they are good at uniting lost families, but no positive response came from them. I didn’t inform my mother before I went to Enugu in search of the company my father worked with. But I later told her what I found out. And she was not pleased that I was going around trying to gather information about a dead man.
She sees no point in the search, especially now that I am famous and am doing so well for myself. A lot of websites that I tried on the internet could not help because I don’t know my father’s date of birth and place of birth. There was a time that I logged onto a website called something ancestral and called all the Gordon Walker George listed, but nothing came up.
Someday, I intend to go to the company’s address that I had written to in Manchester, and find out why I didn’t get a reply to my letters. So, right now, I don’t know how to go about the British citizenship.
Re: I Wont Kill Myself Because Of Love- Shan George by nellaluv(f): 10:31pm On May 31, 2010
Lol @ tpia , e get as e be o tongue

browncocos:

heya sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

what nonsense is this, keep your pity to yourself jor grin
heya ko pele ni tongue
Re: I Wont Kill Myself Because Of Love- Shan George by browncocos(f): 10:11am On Jun 01, 2010
nellaluv:

Lol @ tpia , e get as e be o tongue
what nonsense is this, keep your pity to yourself jor grin
heya ko pele ni tongue

nella r u high on something? grin
abi se o ju heya lo ni?
so fa gbanja ni?
sho ara ee gan ni oo!
ma je kin go gangsta on u kiss
Re: I Wont Kill Myself Because Of Love- Shan George by Bestglo(f): 10:36am On Jun 01, 2010
browncocos:

abi se o ju heya lo ni?

oti ju heya lo ni oo

i wish she finds real love in her next relationship
Re: I Wont Kill Myself Because Of Love- Shan George by trublu1(f): 10:55am On Jun 01, 2010
nellaluv:

[img]http://www.nigeriafilms.com/thumb2.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L3NoYW5nZy5qcGc=&s=NS8zMS8yMDEw&w=600[/img]
Shan George

^^^^
blimey, that's a very 'un-flattering' picture undecided
Re: I Wont Kill Myself Because Of Love- Shan George by Honeycity(f): 6:07pm On Jun 01, 2010
im so impressed with her looks, despite her age she still looks very pretty.
Re: I Wont Kill Myself Because Of Love- Shan George by Hauwa1: 6:43pm On Jun 01, 2010
touching stories, she should work harder to locate them
Re: I Wont Kill Myself Because Of Love- Shan George by Nobody: 11:52am On Jun 05, 2010
gggg

(1) (Reply)

Peter Okoye Wears A New Look / Marvellous Odiete MTN Project Fame 1st Runner Up Weds On Valentine Day / Davido And Wizkid End Fight; Party Together-photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.