Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,943 members, 7,806,723 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

Give Lagos The Special Status Now - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Give Lagos The Special Status Now (1716 Views)

APC Agents Give Lagos Residents N1,500, N2,000 To Vote For Sanwo-Olu - FIJ (Pix) / Sanwo-Olu Restate Calls For Special Status For Lagos / Lagos Special Status: Ahmad Lawan, Femi Gbajabiamila, Sanwo-Olu Meet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Give Lagos The Special Status Now by eodavids(m): 9:35am On Jun 07, 2018
Lagos state is major commercial Hub of not only Nigeria but west Africa. The clamour for special status for Lagos has been on for a long time. Let's call on the present administration to do the needful and declare SPECIAL STATUS on Lagos through the executive bill while the NASS expedite action in passing the bill with speed of light.

I hereby call on all well meaning sons and daughters of southwestern Nigeria to unite in calling on this Buhari/Osibanjo-led Federal government to do this and obtain the support of the southwest.

1 Like

Re: Give Lagos The Special Status Now by eodavids(m): 9:36am On Jun 07, 2018
Cc. Lalasticlala, et'al
Re: Give Lagos The Special Status Now by front4line: 9:38am On Jun 07, 2018
This is a thread to expose Igbo hate for Lagos and the Yorubas at large. You will be amazed how much they will still fall for the trick even with me making it obvious it is what the OP wanted.

Freaking hate filled tribe.

Imagine a tribe secluding a caste among its own to be hated.

Tufiaka !

3 Likes

Re: Give Lagos The Special Status Now by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:42am On Jun 07, 2018
front4line:
This is a thread to expose Igbo hate for Lagos and the Yorubas at large. You will be amazed how much they will still fall for the trick even with me making it obvious it is what the OP wanted.

Tufiaka !
why should lagos be given a special status?

5 Likes

Re: Give Lagos The Special Status Now by eodavids(m): 9:53am On Jun 07, 2018
front4line:

Tufiaka !

No @Front4.
Lagos truly deserve special status as the foremost Nigerian commercial hub as well as west Africa.

This present administration should kindly grant Lagos this status and Nigeria will be better.

Do not be anti western Nigeria pls.

1 Like

Re: Give Lagos The Special Status Now by eodavids(m): 9:54am On Jun 07, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

Because Lagos deserves it and Nigeria will be better for it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Lagos The Special Status Now by PaChukwudi44(m): 10:12am On Jun 07, 2018
eodavids:

Because Lagos deserves it and Nigeria will be better for it.

So which state n Nigeria does not deserve it?

4 Likes

Re: Give Lagos The Special Status Now by eodavids(m): 10:17am On Jun 07, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

So which state n Nigeria does not deserve it?

My dear, to say that all "heads are equal" is just by mouth, not in reality.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Lagos The Special Status Now by seunmsg(m): 10:31am On Jun 07, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

Because Lagos state is a former federal capital with peculiar challenges. It is also inline with international best practices as we've seen in countries like South Africa and Germany were the former national capitals were given special status.

4 Likes

Re: Give Lagos The Special Status Now by PaChukwudi44(m): 10:36am On Jun 07, 2018
seunmsg:

Because Lagos state is a former federal capital with peculiar challenges. It is also inline with international best practices as we've seen in countries like South Africa and Germany were the former national capitals were given special status.

well Lagos will never be given special status.

4 Likes

Re: Give Lagos The Special Status Now by seunmsg(m): 10:53am On Jun 07, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

Well, some people once believed June 12 will never be recognized as the true democracy day in Nigeria. Today, it is now a reality. So my brother, relax and continue to watch as events unfolds.

2 Likes

Re: Give Lagos The Special Status Now by eodavids(m): 10:55am On Jun 07, 2018
seunmsg:

Well said please!
Re: Give Lagos The Special Status Now by mpianya39(m): 10:56am On Jun 07, 2018
seunmsg:

Well, some people once believed June 12 will never be recognized as the true democracy day in Nigeria. Today, it is now a reality. So my brother, relax and continue to watch as events unfolds.

Yeah! And some people still believe that biafra will never come tongue tongue tongue

7 Likes

Re: Give Lagos The Special Status Now by eodavids(m): 11:02am On Jun 07, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

For Nigeria to truly move forward, Lagos being made SPECIAL STATE/CITY is just one of many steps that must be taken.

Whichever state you may live in and wants to advance cannot be so advanced except Largos' special status is achieved. Note that!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Lagos The Special Status Now by eodavids(m): 11:04am On Jun 07, 2018
mpianya39:

Yeah! And some people still believe that biafra will never come tongue tongue tongue

Do not digress this thread.
Granting special Status to Lagos (which is deserving) is one thing; while Biafra issue is another.
Well, this isn't Biafra thread.
Re: Give Lagos The Special Status Now by seunmsg(m): 11:11am On Jun 07, 2018
mpianya39:

Even though I believe we are better together as a big and united country, I am not against your Biafra if it represents the wishes of most Igbos. However, the Biafran territory must be limited to the five south eastern states.

2 Likes

Re: Give Lagos The Special Status Now by eodavids(m): 11:18am On Jun 07, 2018
seunmsg:

Even though I believe we are better together as a big and united country, I am not against your Biafra if it is wishes of most Igbo's. However, the Biafran territory must be limited to the five south eastern states.

Truth be told:

The entire Ndigbo have not come to a consensus on Biafra yet. Let's have peace please.
Re: Give Lagos The Special Status Now by safetyInspector(m): 11:23am On Jun 07, 2018
So the person that brought in 12 June wasn't digressing the thread? or June 12 is in connection with Lagos's special Status?
eodavids:

Do not digress this thread.
Granting special Status to Lagos (which is deserving) is one thing; while Biafra issue is another.
Well, this isn't Biafra thread.
Re: Give Lagos The Special Status Now by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 07, 2018
eodavids:
Lagos state is major commercial Hub of not only Nigeria but west Africa. The clamour for special status for Lagos has been on for a long time. Let's call on the present administration to do the needful and declare SPECIAL STATUS on Lagos through the executive bill while the NASS expedite action in passing the bill with speed of light.

I hereby call on all well meaning sons and daughters of southwestern Nigeria to unite in calling on this Buhari/Osibanjo-led Federal government to do this and obtain the support of the southwest.

It will help your case more if you can articulate exactly what you mean by Special Status, which could mean different things to different folks.
Let people know exactly what you mean, because you never know who might be reading.
Re: Give Lagos The Special Status Now by eodavids(m): 11:33am On Jun 07, 2018
safetyInspector:
So the person that brought in 12 June wasn't digressing the thread? or June 12 is in connection with Lagos's special Status?

Dear, both entails the popular Yoruba agitations that they want to be met by government.

I for one have a preference for Lagos' special status, and not the awards announced yesterday which mainly benefits Kingibe as the living over the late heroes (Abiola and Gani).
Re: Give Lagos The Special Status Now by eodavids(m): 11:34am On Jun 07, 2018
igbodefender:
It will help your case more if you can articulate exactly what you mean by Special Status, which could mean different things to different folks.
Let people know exactly what you mean, because you never know who might be reading.

K, thanks
Re: Give Lagos The Special Status Now by PaChukwudi44(m): 11:39am On Jun 07, 2018
seunmsg:

You will have to take it to the NASS.Only an act of parliament will make it happen and your guess is as good as mine
Re: Give Lagos The Special Status Now by Nobody: 11:50am On Jun 07, 2018
seunmsg:

How about Rivers the lifeline of the nation?
Bayelsa the nations golden fowl?
Delta, the economy of the nation?
Akwa ibom - A mother that feeds the nation
Cross river - A former capital and a major provider?

1 Like

Re: Give Lagos The Special Status Now by eodavids(m): 11:54am On Jun 07, 2018
Esseite:

How about portharcourt the lifeline of the nation?

Let this thing come one after the other.

That we clamour Lagos to be given Special status does not meant it becomes the first and the last when given.

It will be the beginning of good things to come.
Re: Give Lagos The Special Status Now by Nobody: 11:55am On Jun 07, 2018
eodavids:

That we clamour Lagos to be given Special status does not meant it becomes the first and the last when given.

Why dont we start from that which feeds the nation?

If we join heads to clamour for it, dont you think it would make headway?

2 Likes

Re: Give Lagos The Special Status Now by eodavids(m): 1:10pm On Jun 07, 2018
Esseite:

This thread is not meant to argue what is due to all the states of Nigeria, but to buttress the high point that Lagos deserves a special status and should be thus granted.

Your position regarding the Niger-deltan states notwithstanding.
Re: Give Lagos The Special Status Now by eodavids(m): 1:17pm On Jun 07, 2018
Esseite:

Headway it will make
Re: Give Lagos The Special Status Now by adeolakemi: 1:19pm On Jun 07, 2018
eodavids:

nope dear Yoruba's Kant be trusted let's start with the region that feeds the country then Lagos can follow

2 Likes

Re: Give Lagos The Special Status Now by eodavids(m): 1:40pm On Jun 07, 2018
adeolakemi:
nope dear Yoruba's Kant be trusted let's start with the region that feeds the country then Lagos can follow

You are the funniest.
That's exactly what I want people to know about social media.
See your identity here reading "Adeolakemi" depicting Yoruba, while you comment with disdain against the Yoruba.

In correcting you: Yorubas can be trusted. But you cannot be trusted nor taken serious when you comment in denial of the name you chose to bear.

1 Like

Re: Give Lagos The Special Status Now by obonujoker(m): 2:37pm On Jun 07, 2018
seunmsg:

Even though I believe we are better together as a big and united country, I am not against your Biafra if it represents the wishes of most Igbos. However, the Biafran territory must be limited to the five south eastern states.

And you think SS will stay with Yoruba or Hausa??

1 Like

Re: Give Lagos The Special Status Now by obonujoker(m): 2:39pm On Jun 07, 2018
Honestly Lagos deserves such status... The state is what is even putting Nigeria on the map...

However some states also deserves this too... i.e Oyo, Delta, Ondo, Rivers....

1 Like

Re: Give Lagos The Special Status Now by mbos: 2:48pm On Jun 07, 2018
SPECIAL STATUS ON ECONOMY DRIVEN BY NIGER DELTA OIL

ABI?

(1) (2) (Reply)

June12 ENVY- Igbo Group Demand Apology And #100b From Buhari / HON. Uche Harris Annie-okonkwo Is Easily Our Natural Son Of The Soil From Ojoto / See Photos Of What Christmas In Badagry Looked Like In 1923

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.