Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie (26616 Views)

Is The Male Child More Important Than The Female Child In This Modern Age / Feminists Are Shocked After Discovering That Feminist Glory Osei Is Married / Feminists Agree They Won’t Change Their Surname To Their Husband's Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by GeeString: 5:02pm On Jun 07, 2018
sarahade:

Ok. I thought you read my profile and you wanted to attack me .
I'm Sorry I misunderstood the message and called you stupid
If the op was a man I won't bother commenting but for a woman I'm disappointed and I had to say something.

This is rich coming from a feminist who literally begged for any Nigerian Man living in the United States.
https://www.nairaland.com/4369020/need-serious-nigerian-guy-living

Very rich. grin

9 Likes

Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by bukatyne(f): 5:04pm On Jun 07, 2018
ubunja:

The royal system is part of the patriarchy.

How can the royal system be patriarchy when the current head is a woman?

Their system is monarchy hence, the right to rule is determined by birth/lineage and not sex.

2 Likes

Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by Amarabae(f): 5:05pm On Jun 07, 2018
The desperation to lick men ass is indeed high!
Continue licking it ,Op!
Nowadays the noise about feminism are being spearheaded by anti feminists.
Make una continue.

2 Likes

Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by Tallesty1(m): 5:06pm On Jun 07, 2018
iamJ:
feminism can be translated as an intelligent, successful woman that deserves respect, if Americans can welcome feminism, na undeveloped gutter country like una person wan dey reason, if Nigerians get sense we for dey see am since
Jude, you make sense most times but there is something you keep repeating in your comments that you really need to stop.

All these America did this, America did that doesn't make sense. Stop being fooled by the Media.

If America is feminized as you claim then why did they massively vote for a man who treats women like trash? Someone who believes that it is ok to grab them by their pussy even though his opponent was a woman, a fellow feminist?.

Also, why do every American keep saying that America will be great again? Does that not tell you that something has gone wrong since they started accepting everything?

Now talking about modern feminism in America, 85% of American women want equal rights but fewer than 1 in 5 people want feminism.

In Uk, only 1 in 9 women identify with feminists but 95% of women over there want equal rights.

They embraced it initially but they have seen what it can cause so they're rejecting it, we africans ought to learn from their mistakes.

Like I said initially, you're smart and can win arguments without all this America nonsense.

Check below link if you doubt the starts up there http://www.thefashionglobe.com/feminism-today

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by bukatyne(f): 5:07pm On Jun 07, 2018
babeosisi:
I am grateful for the women that fought for rights of women to be treated equally
I salute them all

As in.....

Even if I would never go out on the street to campaign for 'women rights', I truly salute them.

2 Likes

Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by ubunja(m): 5:07pm On Jun 07, 2018
bukatyne:

How can the royal system be patriarchy when the current head is a woman?

Their system is monarchy hence, the right to rule is determined by birth/lineage and not sex.

ubunja:
your biggest mistake is thinking: Patriarchy = Male Rulers only. and you think when a female becomes ruler automatically it becomes a feminist society.
Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by JasonScoolari: 5:08pm On Jun 07, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
After reading this calmly to me your write up made sense from where you stated "lastly"

The rest are unsubstantiated statistics and just mere talk.
Mind you some feminist claim to have a fourth wave of feminism which is gladly influenced by social media.

And as for your flaws of the girl child no one is denying that after all it is in this Africa that you hear people emphasizing on training the girl child and forgetting about the boy child.

Feminism is a choice and no one is forcing you to have the feminist ideology which differs from person to person.

I wonder why you people are obsessed with feminism.
Feminism is a refuge for ugly people who have trouble attracting romantic partners because they are hideous both inside and out.

The entire ideology has also been discredited by some witless feminists hiding behind the dogma as an excuse for man-hating, while more recently turning their attention to making successful, attractive young women a member of the useless group.

Some nairaland morons are clear examples of how modern feminism is a complete laughing stock that no sane man or woman would want to identify with this bullshit. Don't be one of them, be like Misscokie.

8 Likes

Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by Tamakay(m): 5:09pm On Jun 07, 2018
It is pretty long I read this type of educative piece on NL.

Kudos dear.

1 Like

Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by sweetrace(f): 5:10pm On Jun 07, 2018
MissCokie:

Exactly. You call and fight for equal rights, yet when you're faced with heavy task like the male counterparts would, your call for feminism would deminish?. Why?.

If you want to be a feminist, be ready to work like the male counterparts, think, solve issues and go through emotional trauma like them.

Why don't you speak for yourself. Yiu can't does not mean other women can't.
Why do you have Chimandas picture as your illustration �� unless you can dream of matching her achievements you don't have the right to disrespect her.

2 Likes

Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by nellyelitz(m): 5:11pm On Jun 07, 2018
MissCokie:

A feminist should be ever ready to face responsibilities just like the male child. If she deserves equal rights with him, then he deserve equal power to disagree with her anytime, any day , any where.

A feminist should be ready to split fire wood, fix generator, push wheel barrow to feed.
HAHAHA THIS ONE IS HARD O
Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 5:13pm On Jun 07, 2018
I have told you to stop quoting me and pretend as if you did not see my post like I do yours.
JasonScoolari:
Feminism is a refuge for ugly people who have trouble attracting romantic partners because they are hideous both inside and out.

The entire ideology has also been discredited by some witless feminists hiding behind the dogma as an excuse for man-hating, while more recently turning their attention to making successful, attractive young women a member of the useless group.

Some nairaland morons are clear examples of how modern feminism is a complete laughing stock that no sane man or woman would want to identify with this bullshit. Don't be one of them, be like Misscokie.
That is your problem and definition of feminism and I have mine and I share some of the ideologies therefore I am one of them.
I don't want to be like misscokie I like being myself and I can never live my life to please another or be like another.

1 Like

Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 07, 2018
Baby girl you can be anything you want to be as long as at the end of the day you get on your knees and suck this preek for daddy.
Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by bukatyne(f): 5:13pm On Jun 07, 2018
ubunja:
why is labour always divided such that a man always ends up doing the dirtiest, heaviest, most dangerous work?

i seen women work in construction on roads. the men toil while the woman is directing traffic!!! thats the kind of labor division women want. we are equal but you do the heavy work. tsek.

What is the heaviest, dirtiest work?

How often does this work occur.

In an average home, who does the daily grind and the said dirty work is usually contracted out.

If a man decides to be a garbage collector, how does that concern me or negate my choices?

Don't I see my fellow woman doing alabru in CMS? Or sweeping the roads or
Mixing cement?

Please don't mix choices made out of poverty/unskillfulness to choices imposed on someone. The former has nothing to do with equality/feminism.

4 Likes

Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by bukatyne(f): 5:14pm On Jun 07, 2018
ubunja:

What is patriarchy?
Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by ubunja(m): 5:15pm On Jun 07, 2018
bukatyne:

What is the heaviest, dirtiest work?

How often does this work occur.

In an average home, who does the daily grind and the said dirty work is usually contracted out.

If a man decides to be a garbage collector, how does that concern me or negate my choices?

Don't I see my fellow woman doing alabru in CMS? Or sweeping the roads or
Mixing cement?

Please don't mix choices made out of poverty/unskillfulness to choices imposed on someone. The former has nothing to do with equality/feminism.
go work 9-5 and i will nurse the kids and cook. i dont mind. can we swap?

2 Likes

Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by ubunja(m): 5:17pm On Jun 07, 2018
bukatyne:

What is patriarchy?
you hate something you dont even know? hilariois

1 Like

Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by Almunjid(m): 5:20pm On Jun 07, 2018
Modern age Feminists: are those women asking for the rights they r not naturally entitled to.
Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by bukatyne(f): 5:21pm On Jun 07, 2018
ubunja:

Except you live in an alternate universe, women work 9 - 5, nurse the kids and cook for them.

Infact, this is where all these discussions stem from. If a husband works and the wife stays at home to care for the home, what discussion are we having again? The duties have been divided somewhat equally and everyone has a clear cut role. It is when I have my role and I have to do yours without you understanding that you sometimes have to do mine/outsource mine/manage what I can do that discussions of 'equality' in the home starts coming up.

Interestingly, a number of women who have stayed at home and worked actually prefer working. Your work ends when you get home.... taking care of the home never ends.

5 Likes

Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by JasonScoolari: 5:23pm On Jun 07, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
I have told you to stop quoting me and pretend as if you did not see my post like I do yours.
That is your problem and definition of feminism and I have mine and I share some of the ideologies therefore I am one of them.
I don't want to be like misscokie I like being myself and I can never live my life to please another or be like another.
Sometimes, i always mistake you for a du.mb lu.natic, is your father the owner of nairaland? I quote whoever i wish to. Take a look at misscokie write-up and tell yourself the truth for once... I don't hate you, neither do i feel happy seeing you exhibit your high level of stup..idity to the general public.

3 Likes

Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by ubunja(m): 5:24pm On Jun 07, 2018
bukatyne:

Except you live in an alternate universe, women work 9 - 5, nurse the kids and cook for them.

Infact, this is where all these discussions stem from. If a husband works and the wife stays at home to care for the home, what discussion are we having again? The duties have been divided somewhat equally and everyone has a clear cut role. It is when I have my role and I have to do yours without you understanding that you sometimes have to do mine/outsource mine/manage what I can do that discussions of 'equality' in the home starts coming up.

Interestingly, a number of women who have stayed at home and worked actually prefer working. Your work ends when you get home.... taking care of the home never ends.
i agree. but again i ask : "can i stay at home and housekeep?" and you work?

1 Like

Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 5:24pm On Jun 07, 2018
Feminism = Hypocrisy
What makes me laugh about Chimamanda Adichie's latest interview where she said; "she does not like the situation when there is a tragedy, women and children would be saved first". I can bet with my blokos, if riot or war start she(Adichie) and followers would be the first to run. Many of them can't even on generator let alone facing battles without the help of men. Adichie would lead most of her followers inside dungeon.

3 Likes

Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by GiantParrot(m): 5:28pm On Jun 07, 2018
iamJ:
me I support its true meaning,

Only weak men fear feminism

If you don't mind, I'd like to understand a few things.

1. What in your opinion is the true meaning of feminism?

2. What is your opinion on the different waves of feminism?

3. What sort of outcomes in society would satisfy feminist expectations? Please list as many examples of these feminism supported societal outcomes as you can think of.

4. What in your opinion does mainstream feminism stand for today? And what do you think about the methods they employ in their activism? Examples will be most welcome as they make things much easier to understand.

I don't want to make any comment on the OP. Your comments happened to catch my interest. Hence these questions.

2 Likes

Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by makydebbie(f): 5:28pm On Jun 07, 2018
MissCokie:

A feminist believes that, she has the right to slap a man, beat him up and be boastful about it. Where did we go wrong?.

A man is a MAN, Not a wo-MAN . feminism is just a scheme to delude and perpetrate a dangerous way of living for the female society.
Lol, not all feminists tho. Just the very confused ones dassal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by bukatyne(f): 5:30pm On Jun 07, 2018
ubunja:

you hate something you dont even know? hilariois

You see why having a discussion sometimes here is difficult?

Have I mentioned hating anything? I only said the English royal system is currently not patriarchial; it is a monarchy.

The successor to the throne is dependent on lineage and not sex.

If Queen Elizabeth dies, the successor is traced through her lineage so how it is patriachy?

In patriarchy, men control the resources, moral codes and power so which male is controlling Britain now they have a queen?

If it gets to a male and he becomes king, then the next successor is through his lineage so their system is obviously not matriarchal either.

For example, Nigerian traditional rulership/royal system is patriarchial because the successor is solely from the king and only makes can rule.

1 Like

Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 5:30pm On Jun 07, 2018
JasonScoolari:
Sometimes, i always mistake you for a du.mb lu.natic, is your father the owner of nairaland? I quote whoever i wish to. Take a look at misscokie write-up and tell yourself the truth for once... I don't hate you, neither do i feel happy seeing you exhibit your high level of stup..idity to the general public.
I hate the way you insult people and don't try that with me.
I remember the thread in which you mentioned me and insulted me I have not forgotten.
I don't care if you hate me or like me because I really don't know you or care to know you so you are free to say that I am stupid.
"general public"now what is my business with the opinion of people I don't know?
As far as I am concerned there is a little truth there and I am so intelligent to see it.
I stand on my earlier post so try not to quote me it won't change anything.

1 Like

Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by MissCokie(f): 5:32pm On Jun 07, 2018
makydebbie:
Lol, not all feminists tho. Just the very confused ones dassal.

How come the confused ones refuse to be educated?.

1 Like

Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by bukatyne(f): 5:32pm On Jun 07, 2018
ubunja:
i agree. but again i ask : "can i stay at home and housekeep?" and you work?

If you will not whine about how you are the 'head' when your wife expects a clean home and fresh meal when she is back from work, why not?

5 Likes

Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by babajeje123(m): 5:32pm On Jun 07, 2018
ubunja:

Bro, you can do it o. The thing is tiring and restrictive. Don't even go there
Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by wristbangle: 5:33pm On Jun 07, 2018
The term feminism has been bastardised and short-changed by African women especially the Nigerian counterparts who believe men must meet all their financial needs and still help them do most of the domestic chores while they watch TV fantasies, go party, cheat and kill him.

It's their wicked ideology and I won't blame these empty bellied pigs. I would rather blame the buffoonery guys chasing these hungry ladies hoping something good will come of them. What you don't have, you can't give. Can a lion give birth to a goat?
Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by Buffalowings3(m): 5:34pm On Jun 07, 2018
Blonchilli:
When I hear the word feminist the women that come to mind are Hilary Clinton, Michelle Obama and Dora Akunliyi. Women that made a difference in the society and paved the way for other women, that's what feminism is not bashing men all over the internet yet you still call Ayo and Chinedu for money you want to use to buy what you need and pay bills. Women today use feminism to cover up their oloshoism when they can't breathe without a man, e.g Toke Mokinwa. Even prostitutes in the streets are more glorified than them. Nice work Op.

Fixed
Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by madami123: 5:35pm On Jun 07, 2018
This are photo of girls before and after the became feminist feminism is ugly

Re: Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie by ibnchokomah(m): 5:35pm On Jun 07, 2018
Y'all wanna quote facts. Here are some facts for you..
The base for feminism being the fight for equal representation has been proven to be false because the world over the years have given women the same platform as guys. We're not totally there yet but we're damn quite close .

Education of the girl child has increased over the years.
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/index.php/education/57506-girl-child-education-how-far-has-nigeria-gone

That's a 2015 data. You can't blame the education gap in Nigeria on one factor alone. You include insurgency in the north east, religion and tradition that these girls grow up with (Which is bad) and a host of other factors.

In the tertiary institutions, more ladies are admitted to the arts and humanities courses and the medical fields as well so they do better than men in these professions compared to their performance in technical courses.

Women are easily agreeable. It is never a law to pay a woman less. She just agrees easily and companies feed on that weakness. If you push for a better pay you'll get it as far as your qualifications are to die for.

What about politics, how many women have decided to take the bull by the horn to fight neck to neck with any man for a political position?

See ehh whenever I discuss feminism, I focus on the actual issues. If your problem is what someone's twitter bio says, or how doors should be opened ,who pays for what, what last name should be borne, I see that as misguided feminism because they are not issues at all.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

My Husband Was Beaten Mercilessly When Caught With Another Man’s Wife —wife / Husband Beats Pregnant wife for flogging his Dog...! / Ceasarean Section Or Induced Labour Delivery, Which Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.