Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,439 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:28 PM

My ONEPLUS 6 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My ONEPLUS 6 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! (17257 Views)

My OnePlus 7 Pro Just Arrived! Got Questions?! (Inc Unboxing, Hands-On & Review) / My Samsung A30 Just Arrived / The Oneplus 6 Is Cheaper And Better Than The Iphone X (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My ONEPLUS 6 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by ollah2: 2:35pm On Jun 09, 2018
Stanley08:

Lol. I think 90% of people that buy OP phones buy it for the RAW speed. This thing is quick.

And yh, being able to hide the notch is quite handy. My problem with the design is why add a notch if you still gonna have a chin below? I guess they don't have curved display technology yet.

Or maybe, leaving something for the 6T? Lol

I agree with you tho. Perhaps they are but it's pretty costly to remove the chin, it will increase the price and potential buyers will scream on top of their lungs. I learnt Apple has a patent on that but not too sure tho
Re: My ONEPLUS 6 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by fowlyansh181(m): 3:27pm On Jun 09, 2018
Stanley08:

Lol. I actually don't mind the notch. I don't love it, but it doesn't bother me. I like having ALOT of screen. More screen in the same form factor of my previous phone. It's great.

But it's also Amazing to know that if you don't want to look at it, you don't have to. More manufacturers should do this.

Photos of Notch-less OnePlus 6 attached. grin
exactly , I don’t understand the fuss people make over notches , I personally don’t even care if it’s there or not , I barely notice it on my device .. although it’s the IPX.. the notch isn’t the big bad people make it out to be, bezels are.

EDIT: Also please share your wallpaper. I like blue.
Re: My ONEPLUS 6 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jun 09, 2018
ollah2:

Google doesnt take design serious hence the reason why many people want Samsung phones running stock. Unfortunately, reviewers are biased else they would have given Google the HTC and Sony treatment

Agreed Google care less about design and features. They are more interested in performance and the pixel 2 delivers in that aspect. I don't think reviewers have been biased about the pixel 2 and pixel 2 XL. That thing is a beast. It is the smoothest Android phone, has the best camera (maybe until recent ) and why many reveiwers and developers choose it as their daily driver. I'll choose a Samsung phone over it though. Still missing features like memory card expansion, headphone jack, wireless charging and some software tweaks. Hopefully with Android p they have included some of the necessary software features.
Re: My ONEPLUS 6 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 09, 2018
Stanley08:

Lol. I think 90% of people that buy OP phones buy it for the RAW speed. This thing is quick.

And yh, being able to hide the notch is quite handy. My problem with the design is why add a notch if you still gonna have a chin below? I guess they don't have curved display technology yet.

Or maybe, leaving something for the 6T? Lol

This is where I give it to Apple for the iPhone X. That's still the closest to an all screen phone. The up and bottom bezels are the same with the notch, no chin.

1 Like

Re: My ONEPLUS 6 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jun 09, 2018
ollah2:

I agree with you tho. Perhaps they are but it's pretty costly to remove the chin, it will increase the price and potential buyers will scream on top of their lungs. I learnt Apple has a patent on that but not too sure tho

Removing the chin is only possible on an oled display as it is flexible and can be bent to remove the chin.

1 Like

Re: My ONEPLUS 6 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by Stanley08(m): 3:37pm On Jun 09, 2018
First 100% to 0% Battery test.

Total Time: 25hrs 17 mins
Screen Time: 10hrs 10mins

Photos below.

Re: My ONEPLUS 6 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by Stanley08(m): 3:44pm On Jun 09, 2018
greenhulk:

This is where I give it to Apple for the iPhone X. That's still the closest to an all screen phone. The up and bottom bezels are the same with the notch, no chin.

Lol. Abeg. I don't like giving apple credit for anything but MacBooks. Finish.

1 Like

Re: My ONEPLUS 6 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by Stanley08(m): 3:45pm On Jun 09, 2018
fowlyansh181:
exactly , I don’t understand the fuss people make over notches , I personally don’t even care if it’s there or not , I barely notice it on my device .. although it’s the IPX.. the notch isn’t the big bad people make it out to be, bezels are.

EDIT: Also please share your wallpaper. I like blue.

Wallpaper App Called 'Paperstack'. Available on Android and iOS.

Get it and rate 5 stars. cheesy
Re: My ONEPLUS 6 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by ollah2: 3:45pm On Jun 09, 2018
greenhulk:

Agreed Google care less about design and features. They are more interested in performance and the pixel 2 delivers in that aspect. I don't think reviewers have been biased about the pixel 2 and pixel 2 XL. That thing is a beast. It is the smoothest Android phone, has the best camera (maybe until recent ) and why many reveiwers and developers choose it as their daily driver. I'll choose a Samsung phone over it though. Still missing features like memory card expansion, headphone jack, wireless charging and some software tweaks. Hopefully with Android p they have included some of the necessary software features.

Well reviewers are biased about Pixel series. Yes, the performances and camera are indeed great but it's bland and the designs are boring. Samsung was almost killed with the release of the S9 series, it was mocked and tagged S8s while Pixels never got this treatment. Same thing is presently happening, the leak of Pixel 3 isn't criticized by the media but Note 9 is called boring. Androidxentral, androidPolice, phonearena and droid-life are reporting same thing.

Sony was bashed times without number for it's design, HTC was bashed since the release of M8, LG was bashed when they released G6 with 821 but Huawei gets a pass with the P20 even tho the chipset is the same one on Mate 8 of last year. Apple likewise doesn't get bashed.

They even credit Apple for "debuting " the notch even tho Sharp and Essential did so months before iPhone X got released.

Don't expect anything from Pixel 3 besides wireless charging

4 Likes

Re: My ONEPLUS 6 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by ollah2: 3:47pm On Jun 09, 2018
Stanley08:

Lol. Abeg. I don't like giving apple credit for anything but MacBooks. Finish.

I give them credit only on iMacs. That thing is on its own league
Re: My ONEPLUS 6 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by Stanley08(m): 3:47pm On Jun 09, 2018
ollah2:

Lol. Yes the price goes up. They said last year that they don't have the technology to make an all screen front device. I'm pretty sure they getting there.

1 Like

Re: My ONEPLUS 6 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by ollah2: 3:48pm On Jun 09, 2018
greenhulk:

Removing the chin is only possible on an oled display as it is flexible and can be bent to remove the chin.

Yes j know. Oneplus used an Oled display
Re: My ONEPLUS 6 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by ollah2: 3:53pm On Jun 09, 2018
Stanley08:

Lol. Yes the price goes up. They said last year that they don't have the technology to make an all screen front device. I'm pretty sure they getting there.

Their brother "VIVO" will release the Nex with an all screen front device Embedded front finger print and a pop up camera, they share technologies alongside Oppo to keep prices low.

1 Like

Re: My ONEPLUS 6 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by Stanley08(m): 4:04pm On Jun 09, 2018
ollah2:

Their brother "VIVO" will release the Nex with an all screen front device Embedded front finger print and a pop up camera, they share technologies alongside Oppo to keep prices low.

Lol. I saw that prototype. I don't know how that will work. Moving part? Mhen nah!

Abeg. Let people just put the proximity sensor and camera in a small top bezel abeg. Or notch it up.

All screen phone. Lol. They should give it a rest unless they want to do. No proximity sensor and front camera. Lol
Re: My ONEPLUS 6 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by fowlyansh181(m): 4:15pm On Jun 09, 2018
Stanley08:

Wallpaper App Called 'Paperstack'. Available on Android and iOS.

Get it and rate 5 stars. cheesy
thanks , will do, your app?
Re: My ONEPLUS 6 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by fowlyansh181(m): 4:18pm On Jun 09, 2018
If I would want to try android again in the future, I would give it to the pixel and one plus for performance, , Samsung for the display and design.. notch or no notch , as long as they are rid of bezels..
Re: My ONEPLUS 6 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by Stanley08(m): 5:11pm On Jun 09, 2018
fowlyansh181:
thanks , will do, your app?

My friend's app. I have my own apps tho. 2 of them.

c.c The investment guy. Lol
Re: My ONEPLUS 6 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by fowlyansh181(m): 5:23pm On Jun 09, 2018
Stanley08:

My friend's app. I have my own apps tho. 2 of them.

c.c The investment guy. Lol
if on AppStore I don’t mind giving them a try lol.. hope you write in swift? Nice one..
Re: My ONEPLUS 6 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by Stanley08(m): 5:44pm On Jun 09, 2018
fowlyansh181:
if on AppStore I don’t mind giving them a try lol.. hope you write in swift? Nice one..

Interesting username
Re: My ONEPLUS 6 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by fowlyansh181(m): 6:45pm On Jun 09, 2018
Stanley08:

Interesting username
interesting indeed. the freewill of online..
Re: My ONEPLUS 6 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by vernalsage(m): 7:36pm On Jun 09, 2018
Stanley08:

P.S: I'm coming from the OnePlus 5T. If you have comparison questions too, feel free to ask. And yh, i'll list OnePlus 5T for sale soon. If you are VERY INTERESTED, let me know.

[/b]

I'm interested in the 5T. You selling any time soon?
Re: My ONEPLUS 6 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by Stanley08(m): 9:33pm On Jun 09, 2018
vernalsage:

I'm interested in the 5T. You selling any time soon?

- 4 Cases including an Original Spigen Rugged Armour and OnePlus Karbon Bumper Case.
- OnePlus Tempered Glass (Already Installed)

Device is in 'Like New' condition, went into a case straight out of the box. Never stayed out of one till these photos. Comes with Retail box and all accessories.

Price is fixed. ₦180,000. Already listed on OLX.

If it doesn't sell after 2 weeks. I will reduce the price.

First Come, First Serve.

(Photos by the OnePlus 6)

Re: My ONEPLUS 6 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by vernalsage(m): 9:45pm On Jun 09, 2018
Stanley08:

- 4 Cases including an Original Spigen Rugged Armour and OnePlus Karbon Bumper Case.
- OnePlus Tempered Glass (Already Installed)

Device is in 'Like New' condition, went into a case straight out of the box. Never stayed out of one till these photos. Comes with Retail box and all accessories.

Price is fixed. ₦180,000. Already listed on OLX.

If it doesn't sell after 2 weeks. I will reduce the price.

First Come, First Serve.

(Photos by the OnePlus 6)

Fair price but beyond my budget. �
Re: My ONEPLUS 6 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by Stanley08(m): 9:46pm On Jun 09, 2018
vernalsage:

Fair price but beyond my budget. �

Understand. Yes the price is fair. It's priced to sell. Basically a new device.

3 Likes

Re: My ONEPLUS 6 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by Krestjossy(m): 9:55pm On Jun 09, 2018
ollah2:

Na, not a patent issue. It's about the cost of using flexible display. https://www.askvg.com/why-do-android-mobile-phones-with-notch-have-chin/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My ONEPLUS 6 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by Stanley08(m): 8:56am On Jun 10, 2018
Krestjossy:
Na, not a patent issue. It's about the cost of using flexible display. https://www.askvg.com/why-do-android-mobile-phones-with-notch-have-chin/

Lol. Of course. It's expensive
Re: My ONEPLUS 6 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by samodan(m): 1:51pm On Jun 10, 2018
greenhulk:

But still, Samsung has the greater screen to body ratio (thinner bezels all round), and no notch

He he he
Re: My ONEPLUS 6 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by samodan(m): 2:00pm On Jun 10, 2018
ollah2:

Well reviewers are biased about Pixel series. Yes, the performances and camera are indeed great but it's bland and the designs are boring. Samsung was almost killed with the release of the S9 series, it was mocked and tagged S8s while Pixels never got this treatment. Same thing is presently happening, the leak of Pixel 3 isn't criticized by the media but Note 9 is called boring. Androidxentral, androidPolice, phonearena and droid-life are reporting same thing.

Sony was bashed times without number for it's design, HTC was bashed since the release of M8, LG was bashed when they released G6 with 821 but Huawei gets a pass with the P20 even tho the chipset is the same one on Mate 8 of last year. Apple likewise doesn't get bashed.

They even credit Apple for "debuting " the notch even tho Sharp and Essential did so months before iPhone X got released.

Don't expect anything from Pixel 3 besides wireless charging

There's a difference
Those other brands you mentioned have phones with boring designs and they don't shine in any department. They're just good

Good isn't going to save you from being talked down on for your poor design

The Pixel However, has the best camera on any smartphone according to MKBHD and other great YouTubers.
That saves it from being shamed for it's boring design
It also has one of the most fluid Android intercases on any phone

And it get's updates before many other brands

I assume you know all this, so, why then, do you try to compare the Pixel with those brands

Pls don't
Re: My ONEPLUS 6 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by ollah2: 2:15pm On Jun 10, 2018
samodan:

There's a difference
Those other brands you mentioned have phones with boring designs and they don't shine in any department. They're just good

Good isn't going to save you from being talked down on for your poor design

The Pixel However, has the best camera on any smartphone according to MKBHD and other great YouTubers.
That saves it from being shamed for it's boring design
It also has one of the most fluid Android intercases on any phone

And it get's updates before many other brands

I assume you know all this, so, why then, do you try to compare the Pixel with those brands

Pls don't

There isn't any difference

Camera isn't the only thing that makes up a smatphone. It's not a digital camera, remember.

Sony and HTC are as fluid as Pixel because they all embrace near stock UI.

Pixel 2 debutted with all sorts of problems

Display
Looking washed out and dull
Exhibiting blue shift at slight angles
Black smear issue
Exhibiting burn in

Bluetooth
High pitched noises
Random reboot
Sidesceen failing to recognise touches
Buzzing sound from the speaker

How would the media react if HTC or Sony flagships debuts with these problems?
Re: My ONEPLUS 6 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by Techm8: 3:03pm On Jun 10, 2018
greenhulk:

Looks like the pixel 3 will have the ugliest and biggest notch ever from recent leaks. Not just the biggest notch but also a very big chin.
Which OEM does google outsource the pixel hardware to? If its still HTC then no surprises there.
Re: My ONEPLUS 6 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by ollah2: 3:46pm On Jun 10, 2018
Techm8:

Which OEM does google outsource the pixel hardware to? If its still HTC then no surprises there.

HTC and LG
Re: My ONEPLUS 6 Just Arrived! Got Questions?! by ToluNewman: 3:55pm On Jun 10, 2018
How is the camera especially in low light conditions?

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Setup Your Glo APN Settings For Fast Browsing 2019 / TECNO Beats Samsung, Others To Claim Africa's Top Smartphone Brand 2020 / Apple Confirms Iphone 8 Is Making A Crackling Sound

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.