Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,856 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:49 AM

Buhari Ignores Prof Humphrey Nwosu The Hero Of June 12 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Ignores Prof Humphrey Nwosu The Hero Of June 12 (4794 Views)

How June 12, 1993 Election Was Annulled - Prof. Humphrey Nwosu (Video) / Humphrey Nwosu Writes Buhari On Abiola’s Award / Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Ignores Prof Humphrey Nwosu The Hero Of June 12 by dabeto: 6:12am On Jun 08, 2018
The honors given to the trio of MKO Abiola, Chief Gani Fawehinmi and Babagana Kingibe are commendable. According to the FG, they represent the symbol of June 12 or rather democracy.
However, it’s noteworthy that Prof Humphrey Nwosu who was the national chairman of the defunct National Electoral Commission of Nigeria from 1989 to 1993 laid the foundation for Nigeria’s democracy through his insistence that election must hold on the chronicled date June 12 which has now become democracy day.
Prof Nwosu conducted an election that today is considered as the freest and fairest election in the history of Nigeria. He withstood every threat and pressure to truncate the election and continued to maintain that Chief MKO Abiola won the election. He upheld the sanctity of the election results even though the military government at the time annulled the results and stopped him from announcing it.
I join the good people of Nigeria to celebrate this great man who made June 12 possible. May the efforts of our heroes past not be in vain

25 Likes

Re: Buhari Ignores Prof Humphrey Nwosu The Hero Of June 12 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:13am On Jun 08, 2018
Lol grin cheesy.
People and wahala sha!

I wonder where your celebration of this good man was hidden since 1993.

TROUBLE MAKER!!

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Ignores Prof Humphrey Nwosu The Hero Of June 12 by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:14am On Jun 08, 2018
Them go knack am CFR for sure
Re: Buhari Ignores Prof Humphrey Nwosu The Hero Of June 12 by Dumdumfashion(f): 6:19am On Jun 08, 2018
Well it's normal for Buhari to ignore igbos but like it or not, the Nigerian story cannot be told without the igbos.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Ignores Prof Humphrey Nwosu The Hero Of June 12 by Nobody: 6:29am On Jun 08, 2018
post=68282595:
Lol grin cheesy.
People and wahala sha!

TROUBLE MAKER!!
though I don't represent the people you are referring to but your comment is a very foolish one filled with hate. I spit!

23 Likes

Re: Buhari Ignores Prof Humphrey Nwosu The Hero Of June 12 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:31am On Jun 08, 2018
iAudio:
though I don't represent the people you are referring to but your comment is a very foolish one filled with hate. I spit!
Hahahaha, sorry oooo.
This is so funny.
This Coming from a passer-by makes it more funnier.
cheesy grin angry cheesy.

I've replied you today, guess you are happy now?
Ok Bye

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Ignores Prof Humphrey Nwosu The Hero Of June 12 by hisgrace090: 6:33am On Jun 08, 2018
This is a good observation, the man played a very important role in that election.

Due to his selflessness he was been hunted by babangida for so long for accepting abiola victory.

In one interview granted him, he describe how he was hidding from one remote area to another because of declaring abiola winner of June 12 election.

If people should be honoured Humphrey nwosu must be among them.

21 Likes

Re: Buhari Ignores Prof Humphrey Nwosu The Hero Of June 12 by BoboKush(m): 6:39am On Jun 08, 2018
Re: Buhari Ignores Prof Humphrey Nwosu The Hero Of June 12 by Acjohn(m): 6:42am On Jun 08, 2018
I wonder why this this ppl are yet to realize that the Igbos are not in Buhari agenda. Check out the number of police recruited all over Nigeria according to geopolitical zone.
I amazed that plenty Igbos are still willing to vote him because he said he will hand over government to them after his tenure. They think some one that can't trust them with any political appointment can entrust the country to them.
You look at the Hausa and call him ewu, not knowing that he is laughing at the fact that the Igbo man is the most gullible in Nigeria.
As far as he is concerned if he can please the Yotubas and they vote him, the Igbos are useless to him.
So Nwosu can go to hell

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Ignores Prof Humphrey Nwosu The Hero Of June 12 by agabusta: 6:42am On Jun 08, 2018
hisgrace090:
Thus is a good observation, the man played a very important roll in that election.

Do to his selflessness he was been hunted by babangida for so long for accepting abiola victory.

Where was he rolling to?? cheesy cheesy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Ignores Prof Humphrey Nwosu The Hero Of June 12 by TMemos: 6:48am On Jun 08, 2018
You guys said June 12 is meaningless. You said MKO was not a hero.

Now you want another person who played a supplementary role in the same 'meaningless' June 12 to be recognised.

See confusion!

30 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Ignores Prof Humphrey Nwosu The Hero Of June 12 by CilicMarin: 6:50am On Jun 08, 2018
Buhari doesn't recognize cowards. Prof Nwosu chickened out when it mattered. He refused to announce the remaining results, even when he was advised to relocate to the American embassy and do the needful.

So how do you expect a coward like him to be honored?

Jokers!

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Ignores Prof Humphrey Nwosu The Hero Of June 12 by Lipscomb(m): 6:52am On Jun 08, 2018
That coward .

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Ignores Prof Humphrey Nwosu The Hero Of June 12 by PointZerom: 6:53am On Jun 08, 2018
hisgrace090:
This is a good observation, the man played a very important role in that election.

Due to his selflessness he was been hunted by babangida for so long for accepting abiola victory.

In one interview granted him, he describe how he was hidding from one remote area to another because of declaring abiola winner of June 12 election.

If people should be honoured Humphrey nwosu must be among them.

Cilicmarin won't like this, only an Igbo man can be this bold.

Cc madridguy sarrki immhotep lzza yarimo yyeske liondeleo buhariguy.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Ignores Prof Humphrey Nwosu The Hero Of June 12 by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:55am On Jun 08, 2018
post=68282595:
Lol grin cheesy.
People and wahala sha!

TROUBLE MAKER!!
If you are not familiar with history, you should appreciate those who knows

What I felt you could have done is to verify if these claims are true

If the man truly did that he uphold our democracy

Shouldn't he be appreciated too

Everything shouldn't be associated to tribe! Stop this tribal war on Nairaland

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Ignores Prof Humphrey Nwosu The Hero Of June 12 by kahal29: 6:57am On Jun 08, 2018
TMemos:

Now you want another person who played a supplementary role in the same June 12 to be recognised.

See confusion!

Total Confusion indeed

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Ignores Prof Humphrey Nwosu The Hero Of June 12 by PointZerom: 6:57am On Jun 08, 2018
CilicMarin:
Buhari doesn't recognize cowards. Prof Nwodu chickened out when it matters. He refused to announce the remaining results, even when he was advised to relocate to the American embassy and do the needful.

Jokers!

See painment.

Who announced the results that made MKO declare himself the winner?

11 Likes

Re: Buhari Ignores Prof Humphrey Nwosu The Hero Of June 12 by wickyyolo: 6:57am On Jun 08, 2018
Buhari is giving his friends titles, well he will soon join them . He is doing the needful .

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Ignores Prof Humphrey Nwosu The Hero Of June 12 by dabeto: 6:58am On Jun 08, 2018
CilicMarin:
Buhari doesn't recognize cowards. Prof Nwosu chickened out when it matters. He refused to announce the remaining results, even when he was advised to relocate to the American embassy and do the needful.

Jokers!
So Kingibe played a part grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Ignores Prof Humphrey Nwosu The Hero Of June 12 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:02am On Jun 08, 2018
TMemos:

Now you want another person who played a supplementary role in the same June 12 to be recognised.

See confusion!
Hahahaha, so funny cheesy wink grin.
Don't mind them.
Confused bunch of people.....they are very funny too tho.
They are a sort of comic relief.
Replying their mentions is a waste of time!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Ignores Prof Humphrey Nwosu The Hero Of June 12 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:03am On Jun 08, 2018
.........you are still here waiting for me to reply you kwa?
U go wait tire!! cheesy grin cheesy

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Ignores Prof Humphrey Nwosu The Hero Of June 12 by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:05am On Jun 08, 2018
TMemos:

See confusion!
So from all the message this is what you can deduce?

SMH

Knowledgeable people raised intelligent debate doesn't mean that there won't be agreement at the end of the day

Fayose, Dino both celebrates June 12 but they have their reservations does that mean that they don't like MKO or Gani

Bring intelligent argument here and not tribal nonsense undecided

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Ignores Prof Humphrey Nwosu The Hero Of June 12 by 35824L: 7:25am On Jun 08, 2018
Hahaha.. these jews are funny people. They want to give undue glory to Prof humphrey osu when the accolades ought to be given to the thousands of election officials at the polling units who made sure the results transmitted to the headquarters were a correct reflection of the people's will.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Ignores Prof Humphrey Nwosu The Hero Of June 12 by madridguy(m): 7:29am On Jun 08, 2018
Please untagged me from your meaningless comment. Thanks.

PointZerom:

Cilicmarin won't like this, only an Igbo man can be this bold.

Cc sarrki immhotep lzza yarimo yyeske liondeleo buhariguy.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Ignores Prof Humphrey Nwosu The Hero Of June 12 by PointZerom: 7:32am On Jun 08, 2018
madridguy:
Please untagged me from your meaningless comment. Thanks.

Good morning sir.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Ignores Prof Humphrey Nwosu The Hero Of June 12 by CSTR1003: 7:35am On Jun 08, 2018
ewigmee:

Igbo man is the most gullible in nigerian and because of posthumos award to the dead you want to bring back govt. that watched as the living are killed on a daily bases and did nothing. Pls spear me your gullibility joke.
So the people in the middle belt are not being killed daily?

In your mind, Nigeria's Security has improved because of a mere award to a dead man. ?

You have no sense

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Ignores Prof Humphrey Nwosu The Hero Of June 12 by QuotaSystem: 7:45am On Jun 08, 2018
Acjohn:
I wonder why this this ppl are yet to realize that the Igbos are not in Buhari agenda. Check out the number of police recruited all over Nigeria according to geopolitical zone.
I amazed that plenty Igbos are still willing to vote him because he said he will hand over government to them after his tenure. They think some one that can't trust them with any political appointment can entrust the country to them.
You look at the Hausa and call him ewu, not knowing that he is laughing at the fact that the Igbo man is the most gullible in Nigeria.
As far as he is concerned if he can please the Yotubas and they vote him, the Igbos are useless to him.
So Nwosu can go to hell

On point grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Ignores Prof Humphrey Nwosu The Hero Of June 12 by SalamRushdie: 7:46am On Jun 08, 2018
All I know is that under Proffessor Nwosus option A4 a bigot like Buhari would never have been able to make it past the regional phase

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Ignores Prof Humphrey Nwosu The Hero Of June 12 by QuotaSystem: 7:49am On Jun 08, 2018
TMemos:

Now you want another person who played a supplementary role in the same 'meaningless' June 12 to be recognised.

See confusion!

Inferiority complex induced confusion...so now that Abiola and the 'meaningless' June 12 are being honoured, suddenly they're feeling ignored, inadequate and are desperate for attention.

Not to worry Ojukwus corpse will be exhumed and reburied in Daura and given GCFR.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Ignores Prof Humphrey Nwosu The Hero Of June 12 by perfectedmee: 8:02am On Jun 08, 2018
post=68282825:

Hahahaha, sorry oooo.
This is so funny.
This Coming from a passer-by makes it more funnier.
cheesy grin angry cheesy.

I've replied you today, guess you are happy now?
Ok Bye

If you want to know if Buhari is a failure, just look at his supporters.

You guys re so pathetic.

The main honor should've been given to a man who despite the guns carried out the most credible election in our history.

And still maintained that Abiola worn the election till this day.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Ignores Prof Humphrey Nwosu The Hero Of June 12 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:06am On Jun 08, 2018
perfectedmee:

If you want to know if Buhari is a failure, just look at his supporters.

You guys re so pathetic.

The main honor should've been given to a man who despite the guns carried out the most credible election in our history.

And still maintained that Abiola worn the election till this day.
Lol wink cheesy grin.
People and wahala sha!

TROUBLE MAKER!!

Guess today is your lucky day.
FYI, I don't reply unnecessary mentions. Take note.
Go and sin no more and don't repeat it again!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Holder Of This Flag Was Shot Dead At Lekki Toll Gate Yesterday / There Will Be No Biafra Without South South - Nnamdi Kanu Insists! / Shame On Ikpeazu: Akwa Ibom Build And To Commission Road In Abia State ...photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.