Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

I don't think Nigeria will ever get better. So leave if you can! - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I don't think Nigeria will ever get better. So leave if you can! (9168 Views)

Nigeria Will No Longer Tolerate Harassment Of Its Citizens In Ghana - FG / Koronu Ibadan Where People Don't Think (Video, Photos) / Nigeria Will Soon Begin Local Production Of E-passports,-Dambazau (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I don't think Nigeria will ever get better. So leave if you can! by peacengine(m): 10:51am On Jun 09, 2018
daryoor:

Oga did u go to my school and graduate with me that u know my mates?

If i could get a hustle to pay me 6 dollar [half of us minimum wage] . U think i will be here on saturday morning.

Bro your mate de business/Investment/Auto/Agriculture/Property/ Technology market section de hustle, many are making money, learn from them. Testimony abound in job/career section. One particular guy wen de come here de complain get massive investment for Naija, some people just de deceive others, if u call am out im go laugh

3 Likes

Re: I don't think Nigeria will ever get better. So leave if you can! by daryoor(m): 11:02am On Jun 09, 2018
peacengine:

Bro your mate de business/Investment/Auto/Agriculture/Property/ Technology market section de hustle, many are making money, learn from them. Testimony abound in job/career section. One particular guy wen de come here de complain get massive investment for Naija, some people just de deceive others, if u call am out im go laugh

Im just understanding you. By my mates i meant my graduating set in my university, not my age mates generally.

Iv heard we will not travel again o, we will start selling bitcoin, uk used phone and laptops. Will u let me rest now

2 Likes

Re: I don't think Nigeria will ever get better. So leave if you can! by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:15am On Jun 09, 2018
Uchihaitaci:

Another one

We know them

Now you all see what I was saying ?

Typical Nigeria

Have you ever left the shores of this country ? My guess is no , will you ever leave? Probably not

So how did you come to this conclusion? From GOTV and beer palour gist ,?

SMH

the fact that you would assume that we (NLers) are all living in Nigeria (or are Nigerian) is your mistake in this issue. here is a clue on this issue, my main occupation is WORLD TRAVELLER, and if you took the time to check my profile pic, you would have understood that such scenery is NOWHERE NEAR Nigeria.

now back to the subject at hand... do you even pay taxes in Nigeria? In Nigeria you pay bribe, in the west we pay TAXES....same sh1t different name!

here is a clue: here, we sometimes have to pay up to 60% (or more) of your biz gross income on taxes, then you MUST pay a minimum wage to your staff, therefore no fulltime employee can earn less than 700€, then on top of your employee's salary you have to pay 10-15% to the gov for his social contribution etc. if you own a property you pay property tax every year. if you die and leave all you wealth to you children, before they can legally get it, they must pay 40% inheritance taxes....yep thats CORRECT! let me explain it better for you: if you have a house that cost €1M, and you die, before your child can legally own this house, that child must pay €400K, and if they dont have the money to pay it, then the gov will sell the house and take their 400k before giving you the rest (same goes for any CASH you may have left in the bank for your children etc). even if you are alive, you cant LEGALLY give more than 100K to your kids without them being taxed on it?
how much do you pay to fill up your tank in Nigeria, again? thats right, we pay throught the roof on this side of the world for gas. and if you dare to go on a road trip, you have to pay toll gate, Paris to Marseille which is about 800kms, cost 60€ (aka ₦25K) in toll gate.

so yes, in Nigeria you pay bribe, but in the west you pay just as much in TAXES, which is the exact same sh1t!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I don't think Nigeria will ever get better. So leave if you can! by Nobody: 11:21am On Jun 09, 2018
@MrBrownJay1
The only difference is the availability of facilities you pay taxes on especially electricity'.
You can enjoy Nigeria if you have large cash and live in the major urban centres across the country.

5 Likes

Re: I don't think Nigeria will ever get better. So leave if you can! by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:36am On Jun 09, 2018
EMMAACHILE:
@MrBrownJay1
The only difference is the availability of facilities you pay taxes on especially electricity'.
You can enjoy Nigeria if you have large cash and live in the major urban centres across the country.

thats another issue entirely... but ask yourself this simple question: how much taxes do you think business owners pay in Nigeria?! let me give you a clue of the tax system in place in France.... if i make €1M in gross income this year, i will pay about 60% of that amount in taxes (€600K), but here is the catch, if i make more the next year, i obviously pay more taxes, but if i make only €500K next year, i still have to pay €600K in taxes, its only 2 years later that the gov will now give me back the excess taxes i paid.

believe me, paying bribe is not worse than taxes, because you at least can have a say.

5 Likes

Re: I don't think Nigeria will ever get better. So leave if you can! by 2O17: 11:39am On Jun 09, 2018
You can't be morally upright and say you want to make it in Nigeria. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: I don't think Nigeria will ever get better. So leave if you can! by Nobody: 11:43am On Jun 09, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

thats another issue entirely... but ask yourself this simple question: how much taxes do you think business owners pay in Nigeria?! let me give you a clue of the tax system in place in France.... if i make €1M in gross income this year, i will pay about 60% of that amount in taxes (€600K), but here is the catch, if i make more the next year, i obviously pay more taxes, but if i make only €500K next year, i still have to pay €600K in taxes, its only 2 years later that the gov will now give me back the excess taxes i paid.

believe me, paying bribe is not worse than taxes, because you at least can have a say.
Europe especially the western and northern part is not good for an entrepreneur. I was arguing with someone on a thread on this. Imagine a 40- 60% tax on your profit though its graduated on income; its crazy.

4 Likes

Re: I don't think Nigeria will ever get better. So leave if you can! by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 09, 2018
2O17:
You are wrong
Re: I don't think Nigeria will ever get better. So leave if you can! by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:53am On Jun 09, 2018
2O17:

there is something that many people here forget, and that is, many people go back to Nigeria NOT because they want to be highly successful, but simply because its HOME. the majority of Nigerian you meet that have lived in the west for decades, no matter how comfortable of a life they have, they yearn to go back home for good.... and thats because, no matter how integrated you are in such society, its NOT your home.

yeah life in Nigeria is hard, but its also GOOD... you can relate to the culture, people, the food, the smell etc. yes, the infrastructures are better in the west, but the majority of people live from paycheck to paycheck, and after fooling themselves in taking loans upon loans to have a semblant of success, they realize that its just a mirage.

i have rarely met a Nigerian over 50yrs old who didnt want to go back to Nigeria!

10 Likes

Re: I don't think Nigeria will ever get better. So leave if you can! by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:00pm On Jun 09, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Europe especially the western and northern part is not good for an entrepreneur. I was arguing with someone on a thread on this. Imagine a 40- 60% tax on your profit though its graduated on income; its crazy.

exactly!!! this is why many of the top actor/entertainers in France emigrated to places like Belgium/Switzerland etc
look at Gerard Depardieu, one of the most famous French actor, he left because of the exhorbitant taxes he was paying in France (60%), and now is a Russian citizen... the day he landed in Russia they offered him the citizenship IMMEDIATELY, and he pays only 6-13% taxes on all the millions he makes....now he sleeps better at night.

and BTW, in France there is also what is called ISF tax, translated as fortune taxes.... if you have wealth (real estate/cars/cash in the bank) which total over €1.3M then each year you must pay from 1 to 1.5% of your fortune in taxes.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I don't think Nigeria will ever get better. So leave if you can! by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jun 09, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

there is something that many people here forget, and that is, many people go back to Nigeria NOT because they want to be highly successful, but simply because its HOME. the majority of Nigerian you meet that have lived in the west for decades, no matter how comfortable of a life they have, they yearn to go back home for good.... and thats because, no matter how integrated you are in such society, its NOT your home.

yeah life in Nigeria is hard, but its also GOOD... you can relate to the culture, people, the food, the smell etc. yes, the infrastructures are better in the west, but the majority of people live from paycheck to paycheck, and after fooling themselves in taking loans upon loans to have a semblant of success, they realize that its just a mirage.

i have rarely met a Nigerian over 50yrs old who didnt want to go back to Nigeria!
No place like home bro.

3 Likes

Re: I don't think Nigeria will ever get better. So leave if you can! by opomulero(m): 1:17pm On Jun 09, 2018
And tears start dripping from my eyes...... What an eye opening article

Pipedreams:
What John Zibiri said about Nigeria

I worked and lived in Abuja for 18 years. I ran my own private company from 2001 until 2014.

Two million of the likes of Buhari cannot change Nigeria.

�Everything is wrong with Nigeria.

�The Director won't give you contract except you pay up front .

�The banks won't give you loan except you concede a certain percentage.

�The man supervising the contract won't pass the job except you play ball.
�The clerk won't pass your file for payment except you rob his palm.
�The accounts department won't raise your payment voucher or cheque unless you see them. I can go on and on.

�The worst thing is that it has become a norm that nobody sees anything wrong with.
� If you think otherwise, they begin to think you are sick and not normal.
�If you try to stand in their way, you put your life at risk.

�If you get killed there is no justice system in place to seek redress and bring the perpetrators to book.

�The police is corrupt , the Judiciary is the same.
�Even the religious circle is not spared.

�Everything in Nigeria revolves around corruption.
�Nobody cares about anybody. No law and order.
� I looked from my left to right, everybody is only desperate about one thing "money".
�They will kill anybody and anything that stand between them and money.
�I am an electrical engineer with MNSE and COREN. The system don't care about my qualifications.

�Distribution and transmission jobs are given to alhajis, pastors, friends and relatives without any basic skills.
�I started asking myself, how do I convince my kids that education and hard work is rewarding?
�When fools, agberos and touts are running the country from the local govt to the Presidency.

�Is this what my four sons will also go through? In 2014 I decided I have had enough. I decided I was leaving. I migrated to Australia with my family.
�Don't put yourself in harm way for any reason.
�The problem of Nigeria is in the hands of Nigerians living in Nigeria.

�Try starting a gate house in your village, everybody wants to profiteer from it. The bricklayer, the carpenter, the mason and even your brother who claim to be supervising on your behalf.
�They are corrupt, morally bankrupt and selfish.
� Everybody there thinks about himself and nobody is thinking about Nigeria .

�You don't have to be the one to go there to change anything.
�Let those under the hammer start the revolution. I beg make you hear word.
�This post is gonna anger a lot of my followers. I'm still gonna post it anyway.

*Analogy of OPPRESSORS & FOOLISH CITIZENS.
*(A case study of Nigeria citizens & their elected oppressors):

� During the Soviet dictatorship of Joseph Stalin. He was a brutal dictator with mind of his own. On one fateful day, Stalin came to Politburo meeting with a live chicken. Standing in front of audience, He started to pluck the feathers of the live chicken off one by one.

�The chicken trembled in pain, blood tricking out of its pores. It gave out grievous cries, but Stalin being a cruel dictator continued without remorse plucking the feathers out until the chicken was completely naked. After which, he threw the chicken on the ground.

�The naked chicken was staggering in pain. Stalin goes into his pocket and from his pockets, he took out some chicken food and started to throw it at the poor & hapless creature.

�The poor chicken in pain started eating and Stalin started walking towards his seat. As he walked away, he kept dropping some feeds on the floor & the chicken followed him and sat feeding from his feet.

�Joseph Stalin then turned to members of his political party leadership.

�He said, "This chicken represents the people".

�"You must disempower them, brutalise them, beat them up, starve them and then leave them".

�"If you do this, go into your pocket & give them peanuts when they are in that helpless and desperate situation, they will blindly follow you for the rest of their life, worshiping you".

�"They will think you are a hero forever. They will forget that, you're responsible for their sorrowful situation in the first place."

� Breath taking, isn't it ?

�‍♂ Now! Take a look at all the people some Nigerians are busy defending on social media.

�Take a look at those they call their heroes.
�They are the same people who plunged Nigeria into the situation she is.
�They are the same people who are responsible for their predicaments.

�Did you see the numbers of people that throng to Saraki's house during this Christmas period to go and collect peanuts?

�Did you see the crowd that welcomed Ibori?

�Your guess is as good as mine. And the likes of many others, we all know about.

�Nigerians kill those they should defend and defend those they should kill! �

Pass to all your contacts & let your government know we know.
Re: I don't think Nigeria will ever get better. So leave if you can! by Greatzeus(m): 1:53pm On Jun 09, 2018
Uchihaitaci:

Another one

We know them

Now you all see what I was saying ?

Typical Nigeria

Have you ever left the shores of this country ? My guess is no , will you ever leave? Probably not

So how did you come to this conclusion? From GOTV and beer palour gist ,?

SMH
Are you God to think he will never leave the shores of Nigeria?
The writer of this Article made his points from his experience,but you trying to support him,due to your pre wired anger,hatred and aggression towards Nigeria.
You are one arrogant f**k tongue, people like you always end up at the bottom of the ladder at your old age,no matter how far you might have risen in life.

2 Likes

Re: I don't think Nigeria will ever get better. So leave if you can! by travelland(f): 3:28pm On Jun 09, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

exactly!!! this is why many of the top actor/entertainers in France emigrated to places like Belgium/Switzerland etc
look at Gerard Depardieu, one of the most famous French actor, he left because of the exhorbitant taxes he was paying in France (60%), and now is a Russian citizen... the day he landed in Russia they offered him the citizenship IMMEDIATELY, and he pays only 6-13% taxes on all the millions he makes....now he sleeps better at night.

and BTW, in France there is also what is called ISF tax, translated as fortune taxes.... if you have wealth (real estate/cars/cash in the bank) who CH total over €1.3M then each year you must pay from 1 to 1.5% of your fortune in taxes.
Re: I don't think Nigeria will ever get better. So leave if you can! by travelland(f): 3:59pm On Jun 09, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

the fact that you would assume that we (NLers) are all living in Nigeria (or are Nigerian) is your mistake in this issue. here is a clue on this issue, my main occupation is WORLD TRAVELLER, and if you took the time to check my profile pic, you would have understood that such scenery is NOWHERE NEAR Nigeria.

now back to the subject at hand... do you even pay taxes in Nigeria? In Nigeria you pay bribe, in the west we pay TAXES....same sh1t different name!

here is a clue: here, we sometimes have to pay up to 60% (or more) of your biz gross income on taxes, then you MUST pay a minimum wage to your staff, therefore no fulltime employee can earn less than 700€, then on top of your employee's salary you have to pay 10-15% to the gov for his social contribution etc. if you own a property you pay property tax every year. if you die and leave all you wealth to you children, before they can legally get it, they must pay 40% inheritance taxes....yep thats CORRECT! let me explain it better for you: if you have a house that cost €1M, and you die, before your child can legally own this house, that child must pay €400K, and if they dont have the money to pay it, then the gov will sell the house and take their 400k before giving you the rest (same goes for any CASH you may have left in the bank for your children etc). even if you are alive, you cant LEGALLY give more than 100K to your kids without them being taxed on it?
how much do you pay to fill up your tank in Nigeria, again? thats right, we pay throught the roof on this side of the world for gas. and if you dare to go on a road trip, you have to pay toll gate, Paris to Marseille which is about 800kms, cost 60€ (aka ₦25K) in toll gate.

so yes, in Nigeria you pay bribe, but in the west you pay just as much in TAXES, which is the exact same sh1t!

I was arguing on these points with erico2k2 who also thinks no one else has travelled out or has knowledge about the on going tax systems abroad, he even asked that I mention the names of taxes they pay hahaha at that point I was done with him. Also justwise insisted that I didn't know what I was saying.

Some of us know what the tax and pensions systems are like abroad. In 2016 UK started a system of pension redistribution. In this system you will receive the same pension as anyone else despite the amount you pay on tax or contributed towards it during your work life. This system is aimed at reducing inequality, so if my monthly contribution towards pension fund is £100 and another person contributes £10 or nothing at all, we will earn the same stipend from state pension in retirement.

Note, no one bribes to receive parent's inheritance as long as it is in the late person's will here.

Your post is informative. This is why I encourage people to travel wide as often as they can, it will make them appreciate their home land more.

1 Like

Re: I don't think Nigeria will ever get better. So leave if you can! by Afam4eva(m): 4:14pm On Jun 09, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

It's it funny how a lot of Nigerians abroad keep talking of coming back home but only less than 2% actually do? if being at home was that important, there would have been a mass exodus of people yearning to return to Nigeria.

having said that, the Op was actually speaking from a perspective of what us wrong with the country and the need to avoid it if one must be successful without blemish and i agree with him.

6 Likes

Re: I don't think Nigeria will ever get better. So leave if you can! by erico2k2(m): 4:16pm On Jun 09, 2018
travelland:

I was arguing on these points with erico2k2 who also thinks no one else has travelled out or has knowledge about the on going tax systems abroad, he even asked that I mention the names of taxes they pay hahaha at that point I was done with him. Also justwise insisted that I didn't know what I was saying.

Some of us know what the tax and pensions systems are like abroad. In 2016 UK started a system of pension redistribution. In this system [b]you will receive the same pension as anyone else despite the amount you pay on tax or contributed towards it during your work life. This [/b]system is aimed at reducing inequality, so if my monthly contribution towards pension fund is £100 and another person contributes £10 or nothing at all, we will earn the same stipend from state pension in retirement.

Note, no one bribes to receive parent's inheritance as long as it is in the late person's will here.

Your post is informative. This is why I encourage people to travel wide as often as they can, it will make them appreciate their home land more.

Listen, I never said you have not travelled, visiting and living in a country are two different things. This was what I said. I asked you to name two kind of taxes working class people pay till now you cant.
That Pensions system you are talking about is a big fat LIE. You heard the news you could not be bothered to investigate what it meant and you are here misleading people, like I said b4, why don't you just ask people living and working in the Uk for explanation so you could be in the KNOW?
No five persons can have equal Working pensions as they don't earn same thing due to what we call TAX code
Pensions are not compulsory, you can chose to op out. You can also elect to contribute more and have a private one as well. The more you pay into it the more your company contribute. That pension you are talking about is called The State Pension introduced in April 6th 2016,this can be claimed by most people.

you will receive the same pension as anyone else despite the amount you pay on tax or contributed towards it during your work life. This [/b]system is aimed at reducing inequality, so if my monthly contribution towards pension fund is £100 and another person contributes £10 or nothing at all, we will earn the same stipend from state pension in retirement.

you will receive the same pension as anyone else despite the amount you pay on tax or contributed towards it during your work life. This [/b]system is aimed at reducing inequality, so if my monthly contribution towards pension fund is £100 and another person contributes £10 or nothing at all, we will earn the same stipend from state pension in retirement.

This statement of your is extremely misleading, I don't know why you do this, why you try so hard to portray who you aint beats me.
As U know anyone who lives and work in the Uk has one running's or the other with HMRC
for the Benefits of other who think Im being extreme please see for yourselves and get informed here please regards this matters.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/your-new-state-pension-explained/your-state-pension-explained

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I don't think Nigeria will ever get better. So leave if you can! by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:29pm On Jun 09, 2018
travelland:

Some of us know what the tax and pensions systems are like abroad. In 2016 UK started a system of pension redistribution. In this system you will receive the same pension as anyone else despite the amount you pay on tax or contributed towards it during your work life. This system is aimed at reducing inequality, so if my monthly contribution towards pension fund is £100 and another person contributes £10 or nothing at all, we will earn the same stipend from state pension in retirement.

this inheritance tax thingy is the worst of them all....so imagine, you work all your life and get taxed 40% on all the wealth you have amassed, and then when you die, another 40% of what was left is taxed again before your kids can get their hands on it. in the UK, unless your estate is valued at less than £325K OR you leave your inheritance to your spouse, you got to pay taxes of 40% on your inheritance too.... UK is even good, in France, if i leave to my wife/children/siblings/parents the maximum inheritance tax is 45%. if i leave to my nephews/uncles or close family member, then the tax goes up to 55%, and if i leave anything to someone NOT related to me, the inheritance tax would be 60%.

back in the days, the smart people would buy house and put it on their kids name, or transfer the deed when the kids became adult, as to avoid the inheritance tax but now its impossible to do. even if you are alive, the above tax rate stands, its only the tax name that changes. if i give less than €25K to my brother, then legally he has to pay 35% taxes on it, and if i give him anything above that, its 45% taxes on this donation. the gov is worse than the mob...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I don't think Nigeria will ever get better. So leave if you can! by erico2k2(m): 4:35pm On Jun 09, 2018
Afam4eva:

It's it funny how a lot of Nigerians abroad keep talking of coming back home but only less than 2% actually do? if being at home was that important, there would have been a mass exodus of people yearning to return to Nigeria.

having said that, the Op was actually speaking from a perspective of what us wrong with the country and the need to avoid it if one must be successful without blemish and i agree with him.
I think you are wrong in your %, a lot of people are returning back home, but they must have a foundation to stand on by themselves in the first instance. I'm one of them ,I'm gradually relocating to Nigeria, some are waiting for retirement to go back to Nigeria, there are others here to building investments to go back to. I took my family back to Nigeria cos of this and working on final tic tac to vanish. Nigeria is Ok if you have start up capital. But to get this initial capital to use as start up is hard in Nigeria. This is one of the reasons young men cut out to hustle.
Go to the Building section, you will find loads of people like that there. I'm sure you are not new there.

2 Likes

Re: I don't think Nigeria will ever get better. So leave if you can! by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:37pm On Jun 09, 2018
Afam4eva:

again, many dont because of these loans they took, others because of the shame of going back home after decades with nothing to show for, and let us not forget that its a constant cycle, as many return, many leave.

fair enough, and my point was to show that, its just as bad overseas. although in Nigeria you pay bribes, in the west we pay taxes.... same BS, different demon

3 Likes

Re: I don't think Nigeria will ever get better. So leave if you can! by erico2k2(m): 4:40pm On Jun 09, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

this inheritance tax thingy is the worst of them all....so imagine, you work all your life and get taxed 40% on all the wealth you have amassed, and then when you die, another 40% of what was left is taxed again before your kids can get their hands on it. in the UK, unless your estate is valued at less than £325K OR you leave your inheritance to your spouse, you got to pay taxes of 40% on your inheritance too.... UK is even good, in France, if i leave to my wife/children/siblings/parents the maximum inheritance tax is 45%. if i leave to my nepheux/oncles or close family member, then the tax goes up to 55%, and if i leave anything to someone NOT related to me, the inheritance tax would be 60%.

back in the days, the smart people would buy house and put it on their kids name, or transfer the deed when the kids became adult, as to avoid the inheritance tax but now its impossible to do. even if you are alive, the above tax rate stands, its only the tax name that changes. if i give less than €25K to my brother, then legally he has to pay 35% taxes on it, and if i give him anything above that, its 45% taxes on this donation. the gov is worse than the mob...
But check this, if you know what's up when you are gone wont it be wise to do the needful? wont it be wise to re-mortgage and collect the equity in the house as deposit for ur kids so they have their own? I'm just saying cos all these mountains do have ways round them. Trust me on this, my kids aint paying non of that. I have made sure of that. Its only them ones who are rooted here that have no excape.

1 Like

Re: I don't think Nigeria will ever get better. So leave if you can! by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:46pm On Jun 09, 2018
erico2k2:

I think you are wrong in your %, a lot of people are returning back home, but they must have a foundation to stand on by themselves in the first instance. I'm one of them ,I'm gradually relocating to Nigeria, some are waiting for retirement to go back to Nigeria, there are others here to building investments to go back to. I took my family back to Nigeria cos of this and working on final tic tac to vanish. Nigeria is Ok if you have start up capital. But to get this initial capital to use as start up is hard in Nigeria. This is one of the reasons young men cut out to hustle.
Go to the Building section, you will find loads of people like that there. I'm sure you are not new there.

bro, i am one of them too, as much as i have traveled the world over and over, i sometimes find myself wanting to relocate to Africa, and there would be no better place (IMHO) than Nigeria.... and funny enough, i know many NON-Africans who do too.

2 Likes

Re: I don't think Nigeria will ever get better. So leave if you can! by erico2k2(m): 4:46pm On Jun 09, 2018
2O17:
You may be right however depends on what ou mean or by how much you think constitute MAKE IT
Re: I don't think Nigeria will ever get better. So leave if you can! by erico2k2(m): 4:48pm On Jun 09, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

bro, i am one of them too, as much as i have traveled the world over and over, i sometimes find myself wanting to relocate to Africa, and there would be no better place (IMHO) than Nigeria.... and funny enough, i know many NON-Africans who do too.
correct, like I always say who nor go nor know, my family are in PHC since three years nah, me I don port, Im o ne man mopol here. I go soon vamoose.We jst need to secure the future of our kids, so dem nor go pass the hustle we go fru, u knooo.

2 Likes

Re: I don't think Nigeria will ever get better. So leave if you can! by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:49pm On Jun 09, 2018
erico2k2:

But check this, if you know what's up when you are gone wont it be wise to do the needful? wont it be wise to re-mortgage and collect the equity in the house as deposit for ur kids so they have their own? I'm just saying cos all these mountains do have ways round them. Trust me on this, my kids aint paying non of that. I have made sure of that. Its only them ones who are rooted here that have no excape.

in France, that deposit would therefore be accordingly taxed (45%) as a DONATION...again, you are dealing with the mob, and they have closed all "legal" avenue to give more than 25K to someone and not having to pay this "mob" their share.

1 Like

Re: I don't think Nigeria will ever get better. So leave if you can! by travelland(f): 4:50pm On Jun 09, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

this inheritance tax thingy is the worst of them all....so imagine, you work all your life and get taxed 40% on all the wealth you have amassed, and then when you die, another 40% of what was left is taxed again before your kids can get their hands on it. in the UK, unless your estate is valued at less than £325K OR you leave your inheritance to your spouse, you got to pay taxes of 40% on your inheritance too.... UK is even good, in France, if i leave to my wife/children/siblings/parents the maximum inheritance tax is 45%. if i leave to my nepheux/oncles or close family member, then the tax goes up to 55%, and if i leave anything to someone NOT related to me, the inheritance tax would be 60%.

There's no running away from paying high taxes in Europe. You can't beat a Caucasian at this, he will always find a way of draining you to care for his own. You've even exposed more truth about this yet as usual one close minded individual was insinuating that you got this information from GOTV, another one asked me to mention the type of taxes they pay on their net salaries in UK and wants to use this as a yardstick in testing my knowledge grin

1 Like

Re: I don't think Nigeria will ever get better. So leave if you can! by erico2k2(m): 4:53pm On Jun 09, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

in France, that deposit would therefore be accordingly taxed (45%) as a DONATION...again, you are dealing with the mob, and they have closed all "legal" avenue to give more than 25K to someone and not having to pay this "mob" their share.
Nop not at all, shwoo my guy, U go tell them wetin U wan use the money for?U just take new loan on your house and pass the money in cash to your kids who will already be in their late 20s and working have their own lives and small savings. The Indians and the Jewish people have A+ in this method, and I live amongst the jews in N8.
Re: I don't think Nigeria will ever get better. So leave if you can! by spartacus11(m): 4:55pm On Jun 09, 2018
Oh boy see tax wen men dey pay. Abroad nor be beans ohh, man need to brace up
Re: I don't think Nigeria will ever get better. So leave if you can! by erico2k2(m): 4:58pm On Jun 09, 2018
travelland:

There's no running away from paying high taxes in Europe. You can't beat a Caucasian at this, he will always find a way of draining you to care for his own. You've even exposed more truth about this yet as usual one close minded individual was insinuating that you got this information from GOTV, another one asked me to mention the type of taxes they pay on their net salaries in UK and wants to use this as a yardstick in testing my knowledge grin
U have zero knowledge of taxes in the UK, we as working individuals only pay one standard tax which everyone who work in the world pay, PAYE and the other is NI contribution. If you own ur Home or rent exclusively you pay council tax .SO what tax tax TAX are you screaming about since last year
U know U know if U dnt U don't. angry

4 Likes

Re: I don't think Nigeria will ever get better. So leave if you can! by erico2k2(m): 5:01pm On Jun 09, 2018
spartacus11:
Oh boy see tax wen men dey pay. Abroad nor be beans ohh, man need to brace up
Bross relax, E nor bad like that, I nor know where people dey root figures from, the tax I pay is just PAYE which is less than %20 of my income and NI contribution and Council tax, for my home. You pay all these in Nigeria and even more. If I was a single hustler ie no family and live in one room no council tax for me so nah PAYE and NI contribution Only, so no fear there or beans,ALl this big figures friends and family dey throw up n down nah to scope people nto say dem no wan drop smthing!nah the holy truth B dat.

2 Likes

Re: I don't think Nigeria will ever get better. So leave if you can! by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:04pm On Jun 09, 2018
erico2k2:

Nop not at all, shwoo my guy, U go tell them wetin U wan use the money for?U just take new loan on your house and pass the money in cash to your kids who will already be in their late 20s and working have their own lives and small savings. The Indians and the Jewish people have A+ in this method, and I live amongst the jews in N8.

you give the money in cash to your kids but then when they deposit the money in the bank, they A) have to declare it to the "mob" (aka the taxman) at the end of the year, if not you can get in trouble B) the "mob" would already know about it as the banks usually give the tax man (and even the police) a call if you deposit more than 10K in your account C) yes it is allowed to have savings but you have to show where the money comes from, so if you receive your salary and take some aside, thats ok, but if 100K lands in your account in cash, bro the cops/mob will have a file with your name on it, lol! if it was that easy, all them criminals would easily launder their dirty money.

2 Likes

Re: I don't think Nigeria will ever get better. So leave if you can! by erico2k2(m): 5:07pm On Jun 09, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

you give the money in cash to your kids but then when they deposit the money in the bank, they A) have to declare it to the "mob" (aka the taxman) at the end of the year, if not you can get in trouble B) the "mob" would already know about it as the banks usually give the tax man (and even the police) a call if you deposit more than 10K in your account C) yes it is allowed to have savings but you have to show where the money comes from, so if you receive your salary and take some aside, thats ok, but if 100K lands in your account in cash, bro the cops/mob will have a file with your name on it, lol! if it was that easy, all them criminals would easily launder their dirty money.
Nop, you do not need to as far as they work plus do not forget we are foreigners so we have that advantage over the English People, why do you think the Jewish people own almost all the houses in North London and the Indians have the west? I for like go in details but nah public forum we dey
like this average deposit in London is £25k, this is correct as of this Monday, I was at my bank.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which City And State Do You Like Most In The US / Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.