Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:57 PM

As The Battle Of The Generals Rages: Buhari, Danjuma Clash Again - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / As The Battle Of The Generals Rages: Buhari, Danjuma Clash Again (39802 Views)

Residents Flee As Osun Communities Clash Again / 21 Terrorists Killed As Boko Haram, ISWAP Fighters Clash Again In Borno / Soldiers And Shiite Members Clash Again In Abuja. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

As The Battle Of The Generals Rages: Buhari, Danjuma Clash Again by dre11(m): 4:56am On Jun 09, 2018
•Ex-Defence minister accused of leading Taraba gov to campaign against the president in U.S

Ade Alade, Abuja

As the dust raised by former Defence Minister, Gen. T.Y Danjuma over his charge to Nigerians to rise up and defend themselves against killer herdsmen is yet to settle, the retired Army General turned billionaire businessman is causing yet another discomfort for the administration of his bosom friend, President Muhammadu Buhari, this time in far away United States of America, where he is alleged to have led Taraba state governor, Darius Ishaku and others in meetings with policy think-tank members of the Trump administration and influential lawmakers on herdsmen killings in Nigeria.

Presidential sources told Saturday Sun that the activities of a group, International Committee on Nigeria, headed by Danjuma have begun to impact negatively on the Buhari administration in the U.S, with fears that such may ultimately hamper the sale of military equipment to Nigeria by the Trump administration. Aside Danjuma and Governor Ishaku, the sources further alleged that a recent meeting held by the duo with the American officials also include one Dr. Yakubu Turaki and Dr. Adeniyi Ojutiku of the Nigeria Working Group, USA.

The meeting was said to have resolved “to work and stand with Nigeria to stop impunity and killing of citizens of Nigeria.” It was gathered that Nigerian security agents suspected to be ‘diplomats’ from the National Intelligence Agency, NIA, were able to obtain pictures of one of the meetings as evidence, a copy of which was obtained by Saturday Sun and published below.

The development has no doubt raised red flags within the presidency and the nation’s security circle. During the week, President Buhari in an unprecedented move, held security meetings with service chiefs and heads of security agencies three times.

According to one of the sources, “nothing has happened in Nigeria to warrant a campaign of calumny against one’s country and government in the name of defending one religion against another. President Buhari may not talk yet but we his people need to bring this act of treason to public knowledge because there is nothing like ethnic or religious cleansing in Nigeria, what we have is a security challenge and we expect a person of the status of T.Y to join hands with the government to solve it rather than going to U.S to whip up sentiment against the government.

If it is a private meeting, what is the business of Governor Ishaku there? He was taken along to corroborate the allegation of ethnic cleansing and persecution of Northern Christians.

“Once the powerful forces could not stop the president from declaring his intention to run for a second term, they have now shifted their campaign to the international community to cause maximum damage and destabilize the administration.”

Officials and supporters of the Buhari administration believe that the campaign against the president in the international community influenced the recent U.S State Department’s annual International Religious Freedom Report, which indicted the Federal Government.

The Report released last month recommended that Nigeria be designated as a “country of particular concern”, under the International Religious Freedom Act (IRFA) because, “religious freedom conditions in Nigeria remained poor. The Nigerian government at the national and state levels continued to tolerate violence and discrimination on the basis of religion or belief, and suppressed the freedom to manifest religion or belief.”

Speaking in the same vein, spokesman of the Buhari Campaign Organisation, Festus Keyamo, SAN, said no amount of conspiracy by a group of retired military Generals will stop Buhari’s re-election in 2019. His words, “I only wonder what is the ulterior motive in all of these, because a person of such stature should know that there is no religious crisis or ethnic crisis going on in Nigeria and he ought to know better.

What is going on in Nigeria is pure criminality, and we have said it over and over again that at that level we should expect that we should be shouting to douse this artificial tension in Nigeria. The tension is artificial, it is not real. There is nothing going on in real sense that suggests that there is anything like ethnic cleansing or religious war in Nigeria.

So, I can only appeal to the elder statesman, (Danjuma) to let reason prevail, he should come and assist in dousing this artificial tension. The criminals have killed both Christians and Muslims; the criminals are killing without regards to religion or ethnicity, and the earlier, the louder we make this point, the better for all of them.”

While calling for the understanding and support of the U.S government ahead of the 2019 polls, Keyamo said, “I will also urge the US legislature and all stakeholders who are interested in Nigeria to come and speak to the ordinary people in Nigeria and they would get a different picture.”

According to him, “all I know in general is that the days when two military Generals will sit down in a room and decide who will be the next president of this country, those days are gone. I can say that confidently, that all of these moves, where people go and pay homage in one hill top or one tree top or one inside or any type of mecca should go. There is no longer any type of political mecca in Nigeria. The mecca in Nigeria, the political mecca in Nigeria is on the streets of Nigeria.”

Efforts to speak to Gen. Danjuma on these allegations failed because he has no known spokesman. But the Senior Special Assistant to Governor Ishaku on Media, Mr Dan Abu in his response to our enquiries oscillated between defending the governor’s right to travel for meetings in any part of the world to outright denial that his principal ever visited the U.S. Saturday Sun findings revealed that Governor Ishaku left Jalingo on Tuesday, May 29 for Abuja, from where he left for the U.S the following day. As at Friday, it was not certain if the governor has returned to the country.

Abu however said “I am not aware that my governor travelled to the U.S. I am just hearing from you. And even if he travelled to U.S, I don’t think anyone is banned from going unless he does not have a visa. What I know is that my governor is in Abuja, and I can’t answer you categorically about what I don’t know that my governor went to the US for a meeting and that Danjuma led my governor to the U.S. I am not aware of it and I can’t speak for Danjuma. All I know is that he is in Abuja.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/as-the-battle-of-the-generals-rages-buhari-danjuma-clash-again/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As The Battle Of The Generals Rages: Buhari, Danjuma Clash Again by sagerasaq: 5:03am On Jun 09, 2018
Nigeria Matter dey Cause Headaches I don tire for this Country... Make World cup kukuma come. Na Necessary Distraction

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: As The Battle Of The Generals Rages: Buhari, Danjuma Clash Again by ipobarecriminals: 5:08am On Jun 09, 2018
sad pity!
Re: As The Battle Of The Generals Rages: Buhari, Danjuma Clash Again by princeSammyz: 5:09am On Jun 09, 2018
"The tension is artificial, it is not real. There is nothing going on in real sense that suggests that anything like ethnic cleansing or religious war is going on in Nigeria" Keyamo
How will you know what's real and what's not when neither you nor any of your children is in Benue or Taraba or Adamawa where the real deal is. Many have lost many loved ones: women and children, bread winners, priests and more; to the herdsmen terrorism. Leave these people to decide what's real or artificial in this regard. You are just playing politics with human blood and life, saying trash just to protect the interest of your pay master. Herds men terrorism is real and may even be worse than, or at best on the same scale with the Boko haram insurgency.

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: As The Battle Of The Generals Rages: Buhari, Danjuma Clash Again by Nancydearie(f): 5:13am On Jun 09, 2018
God must surely save Nigeria.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: As The Battle Of The Generals Rages: Buhari, Danjuma Clash Again by Yankee101: 5:26am On Jun 09, 2018
Buhari sweating from his hairy nyash

33 Likes

Re: As The Battle Of The Generals Rages: Buhari, Danjuma Clash Again by Acjohn(m): 5:37am On Jun 09, 2018
At last we have someone with balls to speak on behalf of the Christians. And its good that its not all of them that PMB can push around as he wants. If the army had come out clean, this wouldn't have happened.
As the fire to the forthcoming election heats up I expect PMB to eventually change his mind. Buy if he refuses like Pharaoh then I think, that thing that happened to that his boss that he never believes is corrupt will eventually happen to him.
There are still some prophets in the land whose hands are not yet soiled by the kings meat and when they call the living God answer. So if he likes he should still fight his way out of these allegations of ethnic cleansing , there are still other ways to get him out

130 Likes 4 Shares

Re: As The Battle Of The Generals Rages: Buhari, Danjuma Clash Again by ehinmowo: 5:45am On Jun 09, 2018
The story of ethnic cleansing is not an allegation in Nigeria. Pple (especially northern christians) are deliberately been wioed out. And all d security forces in Nigeria are given order to stand down.

114 Likes 3 Shares

Re: As The Battle Of The Generals Rages: Buhari, Danjuma Clash Again by hisgrace090: 5:57am On Jun 09, 2018
The daily killing in Nigeria is becoming unbearable and nothing is being done.

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: As The Battle Of The Generals Rages: Buhari, Danjuma Clash Again by orisa37: 5:57am On Jun 09, 2018
This is now an Era of "Guerrilla vs Recce/Infantry. This Government is incorrigible. It is an extension of Abacha and The Common man is doomed. You call one "a loud mouth", he should try sometimes to close that stinking mouth of his. There is an ill-wind blowing accross the Country that will show how totally wicked Satan can be. The Lord watches over The Ways of The Righteous but The Ways of The Wicked shall perish. Danjuma and The Governor have done nothing wrong. It is the F.G that is intolerant and incorrigible. Let us Prestructure our 36 States' Internal Security, Resources generation and Electioneering Systems for Productivity, Prices and Incomes generation policies.
God bless Nigeria.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: As The Battle Of The Generals Rages: Buhari, Danjuma Clash Again by escodotman: 6:05am On Jun 09, 2018
Buhari set the country on fire and he's already feeling the heat

60 Likes

Re: As The Battle Of The Generals Rages: Buhari, Danjuma Clash Again by mysteriousman(m): 7:34am On Jun 09, 2018
You are privy yo the content of what they discussed yet you have jumped to conclude their agenda is to paint a picture of ethnic cleansing, whatever was discussed the US government will officially communicate with the Nigeria government, they will not just act based on a side story given to them

8 Likes

Re: As The Battle Of The Generals Rages: Buhari, Danjuma Clash Again by Realdeals(m): 7:54am On Jun 09, 2018
I blame President Buhari, he lacks the attitude to administer Nigeria. The worst he can do to Danjuma and Obasanjo is to get them arrested and charged them to court, where the legal battle will be fought, he dare not treat them like Dasuki.

78 Likes

Re: As The Battle Of The Generals Rages: Buhari, Danjuma Clash Again by Robisky001(m): 8:14am On Jun 09, 2018
Pharaoh treatment await Buhari. He will be reduced to nothing and be trapped on like a useless salt.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: As The Battle Of The Generals Rages: Buhari, Danjuma Clash Again by EzeNri(m): 8:31am On Jun 09, 2018
I am waiting for the sophisticated slowpoke playing with poisoned carrots to say something.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: As The Battle Of The Generals Rages: Buhari, Danjuma Clash Again by omenka(m): 8:44am On Jun 09, 2018
Buhari vs Obj: A no-no for me.

Buhari vs Danjuma : IDGAF.

Next.
Re: As The Battle Of The Generals Rages: Buhari, Danjuma Clash Again by Zaineepp: 8:51am On Jun 09, 2018
Them sha Wan dabaru this country for the unborn

4 Likes

Re: As The Battle Of The Generals Rages: Buhari, Danjuma Clash Again by Paperwhite(m): 8:51am On Jun 09, 2018
Buhari thinks he is the "Comrade Napoleon is always right" of the famed "Animal Farm" novel.He have taken up a fight he can't win
You can't skewed the security architure of Nigeria to the Hausa-Fulani core north with the attendant senseless maiming & killings across the nation & expect people not to be bittered.

34 Likes

Re: As The Battle Of The Generals Rages: Buhari, Danjuma Clash Again by lonelydora: 8:51am On Jun 09, 2018
If Buhari can arrest OBJ, Atiku, and TY Danjuma, he will probably have my vote, my family's vote, and my village people's vote.

8 Likes

Re: As The Battle Of The Generals Rages: Buhari, Danjuma Clash Again by Paperwhite(m): 8:52am On Jun 09, 2018
Realdeals:
I blame President Buhari, he lacks the attitude to administer Nigeria. The worst he can do to Danjuma and Obasanjo is to get them arrested and charged them to court, where the legal battle will be fought, he dare not treat them like Dasuki.
Buhari will not & can never ever try it in his life time.These were his superiors far high up.

21 Likes

Re: As The Battle Of The Generals Rages: Buhari, Danjuma Clash Again by inoki247: 8:52am On Jun 09, 2018
chai maybe na him go b herdsman now.. Dey will jus say iz dere Arm supplier... dem don dey arrang ya Game for up...

5 Likes

Re: As The Battle Of The Generals Rages: Buhari, Danjuma Clash Again by Alejoc(m): 8:52am On Jun 09, 2018
Selfish set of people!

2 Likes

Re: As The Battle Of The Generals Rages: Buhari, Danjuma Clash Again by Pavore9: 8:52am On Jun 09, 2018
Let them expose themselves.

4 Likes

Re: As The Battle Of The Generals Rages: Buhari, Danjuma Clash Again by Ezemarcel(m): 8:52am On Jun 09, 2018
Yankee101:
Buhari sweating from his hairy nyash
how do u know about the hairy yash

3 Likes

Re: As The Battle Of The Generals Rages: Buhari, Danjuma Clash Again by Alejoc(m): 8:54am On Jun 09, 2018
Herdsmen cannot continue to have field day while we all look away

16 Likes

Re: As The Battle Of The Generals Rages: Buhari, Danjuma Clash Again by hucienda: 8:54am On Jun 09, 2018
Well, TYD has no option but to stand with his people.

21 Likes

Re: As The Battle Of The Generals Rages: Buhari, Danjuma Clash Again by maxiuc(m): 8:54am On Jun 09, 2018
wink
Re: As The Battle Of The Generals Rages: Buhari, Danjuma Clash Again by KanwuliaExtra: 8:55am On Jun 09, 2018
Why should TRUMP sell arms to a SHYTE-HOLE-TERRORIST-PRESIDENT? undecided

IBB. . . . . We are waiting for your own mouth! cheesy

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: As The Battle Of The Generals Rages: Buhari, Danjuma Clash Again by nony43(m): 8:55am On Jun 09, 2018
M

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Peter Obi Arise TV Interview (Live Video) / Amaechi, Others At The Burial Of Ngige's Father / Federal Allocation For Lagos For January 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.