Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,326 members, 7,780,814 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:07 PM

Killing Others, Herdsmen Set Our House Ablaze, Took Us For Dead, Sang And Dance - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Killing Others, Herdsmen Set Our House Ablaze, Took Us For Dead, Sang And Dance (22789 Views)

Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Set Ondo Community Ablaze, Kill Three Persons / Woman Sets Her Boyfriend's House Ablaze Over Misunderstanding In Benue (Pictures / Anambra: Hunter Kills Himself & His Wife, Set House Ablaze (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Killing Others, Herdsmen Set Our House Ablaze, Took Us For Dead, Sang And Dance by ijustdey: 5:41am On Jun 09, 2018
After killing others, herdsmen set our house ablaze, took us for dead, sang and danced away

Heartrending account of survivors who saw their siblings, children slaughtered

•Blind oldest man in the village killed alongside his son

By Peter Duru, Makurdi

The sight of four year old Aondongu Gbaior, laying motionless at the pediatric ward of the Benue State University Teaching Hospital, BSUTH, with bullet wounds on his head, leaves more questions than answers on why this should be his fate. He was the only surviving member of a family of four after armed militant herdsmen at the early hours of last Sunday invaded Tseadough village in Mbachom, Yaav Ward Jato Aka, of Kwande Local Government Area of Benue State killing seven persons including women and children.

Though still in critical condition, Aondongu is alive today due to the courage of his late father who was among the victims of that dastardly attack. He took the bullet for him when he attempted to flee the besieged village with the little boy. Regrettably his one year old sibling was not so lucky, he was cuddled by his late mother who also made effort to flee with the toddler, both of them were felled by the bullets of the marauders herdsmen.

Today, he is left with his maternal grandmother who has taken the responsibility of catering for the four year old orphan but whose countenance expressed the deep agonizing pain of a mother who just lost a grandchild, daughter and son in-law in one fell swoop. In the same hospital were four other survivors of the attack, including 19 year old Iveren Zakar-Akanyi who was shot on both hands and mistaken for dead by the attackers.

He was extremely lucky to have survived but still in critical condition. As for 18 year old Deborah Igbadoor, she was lucky to have escaped alive with her husband Iorun Igbadoo, both were in a house that was set ablaze by the militant herdsmen who waited for them to jump out of the blaze to be slaughtered but their resilience in the burning house was their saving grace, regrettably two children in the said building were burnt beyond recognition.

In her account she said, “when the well armed herdsmen stormed our village around 5am on that fateful day, shooting sporadically, my husband and I including two children and two others couldn’t run out of the house where we hid because they were very close.

“Sensing that people were in the house, they set the house ablaze waiting for us to come out. We hid inside while the fire raged, it was share miracle that we did not get consumed by the fire. While the house was burning, the armed men waited for us to come out, but when nobody came out and the house was completely burnt they started singing and dancing believing that we had all died.

“We suffered burns, unfortunately, two children in that same house didn’t make it alive, they were burnt beyond recognition including the two others. “When they finally left, we crawled out not believing that we were still alive until help came and the chairman of our local government area came with security people and rushed us to this hospital,” she sad as she wept.

Her husband, Iorun Igbadoo also narrated the same sad tale of their close encounter with death on the fateful day. As for Gyaaver Ioryom who was also shot on the thigh but managed to escape, his younger brother Tersoo was not so lucky, “he was hacked to death while trying to escape,” Gyaaver said.

“They burnt all our houses, farmland and took away whatever food they could lay their hands on. “We never envisaged the attack because we never for any reason crossed their path but I recall that sometime ago they also attacked some villages that were not too far from our village, we never knew that they would also visit us.”

“They did not only mete this horror on us, they also went as far as killing an innocent blind oldest man in my village who they murdered alongside his son. The man was 99 years old “We are pleading with President Buhari to stop these killings because they are unprovoked and cannot be justified for any reason whatsoever.

If this is not done and urgently too, we will have no option but to conclude that the federal government is behind what is happening to local farmers and rural dwellers in Benue state,” he added. Recalling the attack on Tseadough village, the local government council Chairman, Terdoo Kenti, confirmed that seven persons were killed while six others were injured in the invasion.

“We gathered that the attack which occurred at the early hours of Sunday has compelled several villagers to move out of the area and surrounding villages in droves for fear of another invasion by the attackers. “To my knowledge there was no prior problem between the villagers and the herdsmen, so l wonder why the attackers would just come and swoop on these innocent people without any provocation”.

Continuing, Kenti said when he was alerted of the development, he immediately alerted security agencies who assisted him to move the injured and dead victims to the hospital. Perhaps, the invasion of Jato Aka, a renown ancestral home of the Tiv race, by the militant herdsmen has left tongues wagging, leaving palpable fears in the hearts of many who believe it could spark angry reactions from the Tiv speaking people of Benue state.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/06/killing-others-fulani-herdsmen-set-house-ablaze-took-us-dead-sang-danced-away/
Re: Killing Others, Herdsmen Set Our House Ablaze, Took Us For Dead, Sang And Dance by Firmjudge(m): 5:55am On Jun 09, 2018
Demonic sons of perdition.

38 Likes

Re: Killing Others, Herdsmen Set Our House Ablaze, Took Us For Dead, Sang And Dance by wickyyolo: 6:03am On Jun 09, 2018
Tiv don't have vigilante or hunters, the only thing they know is how to Bleep women.

Shame on them

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Killing Others, Herdsmen Set Our House Ablaze, Took Us For Dead, Sang And Dance by Dumdumfashion(f): 6:14am On Jun 09, 2018
They will be traumatised for the rest of their lives. This Fulani herdsmen thing have got to stop

7 Likes

Re: Killing Others, Herdsmen Set Our House Ablaze, Took Us For Dead, Sang And Dance by Sagamaje(m): 6:18am On Jun 09, 2018
May this befall those animals singing sai baba till 2023

122 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Killing Others, Herdsmen Set Our House Ablaze, Took Us For Dead, Sang And Dance by Jaabioro(m): 6:34am On Jun 09, 2018
All the security service chief would avoid this eyewitness recounted tales like plague.,ask me why? Because they have no solution !

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Killing Others, Herdsmen Set Our House Ablaze, Took Us For Dead, Sang And Dance by danny56: 6:54am On Jun 09, 2018
Dumdumfashion:
They will be traumatised for the rest of their lives. This Fulani herdsmen thing have got to stop

Yes, just take BUHARI out and you're done with them.

15 Likes

Re: Killing Others, Herdsmen Set Our House Ablaze, Took Us For Dead, Sang And Dance by danny56: 6:55am On Jun 09, 2018
Firmjudge:
Demonic sons of perdition.

Guy even church church of Satan denied BUHARI before. They have special fire in hell.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Killing Others, Herdsmen Set Our House Ablaze, Took Us For Dead, Sang And Dance by danny56: 7:00am On Jun 09, 2018
Security men stand and watch them during their attacks.... I pity people calling on the government for protection.

All individuals should get their weapons to fight back and stop this foolishness of waiting for their elder brother (BUHARI) to save them. Haba na!

17 Likes

Re: Killing Others, Herdsmen Set Our House Ablaze, Took Us For Dead, Sang And Dance by darocha1: 2:05pm On Jun 09, 2018
how long will begin continue
Re: Killing Others, Herdsmen Set Our House Ablaze, Took Us For Dead, Sang And Dance by Sarkin: 2:06pm On Jun 09, 2018
If this is true may Allah destroy the herdsmen responsible. These days one can't know what to believe and not to for it could be another IPOB MEDIA USELESS PROPAGANDA.

1 Like

Re: Killing Others, Herdsmen Set Our House Ablaze, Took Us For Dead, Sang And Dance by nairaman66(m): 2:06pm On Jun 09, 2018
Buhari boys doing what they know how to do best!

3 Likes

Re: Killing Others, Herdsmen Set Our House Ablaze, Took Us For Dead, Sang And Dance by Xisnin(m): 2:07pm On Jun 09, 2018
Buhari boys on rampage.

3 Likes

Re: Killing Others, Herdsmen Set Our House Ablaze, Took Us For Dead, Sang And Dance by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 09, 2018
Insincere government, Buhari is an excellent military tactician, he could have ended this madness a long while ago, but I am sure he is against anti grazing bill, that's why he's paying no attention. I hope you guys learn your lessons and vote wisely next year.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Killing Others, Herdsmen Set Our House Ablaze, Took Us For Dead, Sang And Dance by jazon(m): 2:07pm On Jun 09, 2018
they're not fit to live among civilised people. they should be treated like wild animals

7 Likes

Re: Killing Others, Herdsmen Set Our House Ablaze, Took Us For Dead, Sang And Dance by Authoreety: 2:07pm On Jun 09, 2018
Xdxx
Re: Killing Others, Herdsmen Set Our House Ablaze, Took Us For Dead, Sang And Dance by BabaIbo: 2:08pm On Jun 09, 2018
It's well
Re: Killing Others, Herdsmen Set Our House Ablaze, Took Us For Dead, Sang And Dance by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jun 09, 2018
So this is how the Fulanis want to take over Benue state and convert them to Muslims by force.

Benue youths are fvcked up.

Benue state governor is a clown.

I will stop this trash in 2months, if I were the governor... I swear.

16 Likes

Re: Killing Others, Herdsmen Set Our House Ablaze, Took Us For Dead, Sang And Dance by SageMahrez(m): 2:09pm On Jun 09, 2018
quote me... Nigeria will win the champions league and La Liga next season..

1 Like

Re: Killing Others, Herdsmen Set Our House Ablaze, Took Us For Dead, Sang And Dance by obembet(f): 2:09pm On Jun 09, 2018
M
Re: Killing Others, Herdsmen Set Our House Ablaze, Took Us For Dead, Sang And Dance by obembet(f): 2:09pm On Jun 09, 2018
Ol
Re: Killing Others, Herdsmen Set Our House Ablaze, Took Us For Dead, Sang And Dance by Omeokachie: 2:09pm On Jun 09, 2018
But Buhari said we are safe and secure for influx of tourists.

Let me ask Femi if the killings would end soon...

Nah, he said we still have some numbers to catch up with 16yrs of the PDP.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Killing Others, Herdsmen Set Our House Ablaze, Took Us For Dead, Sang And Dance by boxypane(m): 2:10pm On Jun 09, 2018
There souls shall not find peace ever. Wicked maniacs.

2 Likes

Re: Killing Others, Herdsmen Set Our House Ablaze, Took Us For Dead, Sang And Dance by PointZerom: 2:10pm On Jun 09, 2018
Omenka this happened in Benue.

3 Likes

Re: Killing Others, Herdsmen Set Our House Ablaze, Took Us For Dead, Sang And Dance by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jun 09, 2018
Good morning Benue state .

3 Likes

Re: Killing Others, Herdsmen Set Our House Ablaze, Took Us For Dead, Sang And Dance by Maldek666: 2:13pm On Jun 09, 2018
Nigerians wanted Change, and Change they got.

Be careful what you ask for, it might just become a reality.

APC's Victory, was a Pyrrhic Victory; Nigerians voted APC and won the battle but lost the war.

Enjoy the defeat of 'Transformation Agenda' by 'Change'.

Olympus has fallen. Stay tribal and religious and remain stupid.

17 Likes

Re: Killing Others, Herdsmen Set Our House Ablaze, Took Us For Dead, Sang And Dance by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 09, 2018
Buhariguy, Madridguy, Sarki jst see d curses wey una dy accumulate jst because of 30k. Kwantinue

Sagamaje:
May this befall those animals singing sai baba till 2023

8 Likes

Re: Killing Others, Herdsmen Set Our House Ablaze, Took Us For Dead, Sang And Dance by boxypane(m): 2:13pm On Jun 09, 2018
DonPiiko:
Insincere government, Buhari is an excellent military tactician, he could have ended this madness a long while ago, but I am sure he is against anti grazing bill, that's why he's paying no attention. I hope you guys learn your lessons and vote wisely next year.
I pray we get a good candidate. Politicians in this country are never sincere.
Why can't the government just invest on its people...
Re: Killing Others, Herdsmen Set Our House Ablaze, Took Us For Dead, Sang And Dance by Roger3D(m): 2:15pm On Jun 09, 2018
danny56:

Yes, just take BUHARI out and you're done with them.
I doubt it. The killings predate Buhari

1 Like

Re: Killing Others, Herdsmen Set Our House Ablaze, Took Us For Dead, Sang And Dance by Adefemiaderoju1: 2:16pm On Jun 09, 2018
It is time tuface idibia stand up for his people

2 Likes

Re: Killing Others, Herdsmen Set Our House Ablaze, Took Us For Dead, Sang And Dance by Onetop(m): 2:17pm On Jun 09, 2018
All these shall come to pass. It's just a matter of time.

Why do some people derive joy in killing others?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

60-year-old Man Commits Suicide In Delta State Over Hunger / Man Arrested For Defecating Faeces Inside Business Rival Office / 2 Nigerians Get Life Imprisonment In Qatar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.