Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,287 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:41 AM

If Age Is Nothing But A Number - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If Age Is Nothing But A Number (14027 Views)

Age Is Just A Number - Reactions As 'Young' Couple Set To Wed In Benue (Photos) / People say Age Is Just A Number. Do you agree?(picture) / Women, Age Is Not Just A Number, Stop Deceiving Yourself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by MissRaine69(f): 1:54pm On Jun 10, 2018
pryme:

I guess it has to do with cosmetic reasons, women are know to deteriorate quicker than men in appearance (in most cases).
in my own case thats what will be at the back of my mind if I want to settle for an older lady (this is me being honest here), other than the factor mentioned above age is nothing but a number as long as the people involved are adults.

You won't get a lot of people throwing sticks if the lady that is older than the man {looks younger than her age or looks younger than the man in question}.
Not all women look their chronological age good genes & money help a lot in that capacity that said some men fare terribly in the age department as well.
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by MissRaine69(f): 1:54pm On Jun 10, 2018
austyn0:
Expecting another senseless response from an ignorant fellow??.....

I am pretty sure she didn't think it through before posting.
Who knows
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by N0favors: 1:55pm On Jun 10, 2018
MissRaine69:

Old enough to be able to vote
Not impressed with this answer. smh
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by MissRaine69(f): 2:04pm On Jun 10, 2018
N0favors:
Not impressed with this answer. smh
Kindly contribute to the thread and I might indulge your whim.
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by N0favors: 2:11pm On Jun 10, 2018
MissRaine69:

Kindly contribute to the thread and I might indulge your whim.
Having dated many girls older than me, I was gonna contribute but I find your responses a bit arrogant so I'll just walk out of the thread. Cheers

1 Like

Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by MissRaine69(f): 2:14pm On Jun 10, 2018
N0favors:
Having dated many girls older than me, I was gonna contribute but I find your responses a bit arrogant so I'll just walk out of the thread. Cheers
Cheerio
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by pryme(m): 2:18pm On Jun 10, 2018
MissRaine69:

Not all women look their chronological age good genes & money help a lot in that capacity that said some men fare terribly in the age department as well.

Let's be realistic the deteriorating rate is high in women, though I maybe wrong cos am in Nigeria, and 80 percent of women in Nigeria don't take their health and well-being into their own hands. You find very few Nigeria women going for a jog or work out religiously to keep their shape.
I think money even makes it worse for most of them as they tend to become bloated.

But if that is sorted its all about compatibility, I have older colleagues at work that think like secondary school kids, yet they are way older than me. I have also seen younger guys that talk and I listen.

For some reason there is an invisible law that frowns at older ladies marrying younger men, where this law came from is what I dont know.

If the 2 people are happy with each other (which is the all important thing) then there is nothing to it.
Many female celebrities are married to their younger partners from Madonna to the rest of them, yet the world did not stop spinning.

I think people make age an issue when they consider the appearance.

1 Like

Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by manNature(m): 2:32pm On Jun 10, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
I can't believe I am quoting you but this is not in all cases.
Some men who you would think are in their 30's are actually in their 20's in other words men also age faster.
Sometimes how you take care of your body matters.

Because you cannot marry a woman that is older than you does not mean that it is not advisable.
okay
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by MissRaine69(f): 2:36pm On Jun 10, 2018
pryme:

Let's be realistic the deteriorating rate is high in women, though I maybe wrong cos am in Nigeria, and 80 percent of women in Nigeria don't take their health and well-being into their own hands. You find very few Nigeria women going for a jog or work out religiously to keep their shape.
I think money even makes it worse for most of them as they tend to become bloated.

But if that is sorted its all about compatibility, I have older colleagues at work that think like secondary school kids, yet they are way older than me. I have also seen younger guys that talk and I listen.

For some reason there is an invisible law that frowns at older ladies marrying younger men, where this law came from is what I dont know.

If the 2 people are happy with each other (which is the all important thing) then there is nothing to it.
Many female celebrities are married to their younger partners from Madonna to the rest of them, yet the world did not stop spinning.

I think people make age an issue when they consider the appearance.
Some men can see past the physical most women struggle
Madonna’s situations have never lasted but
Lola & Peter Okoye
Dare Art-Alade and Deola Aye
Sam Taylor-Wood and Aaron Taylor-Johnson (23 year age gap)
Macron and his wife (24)
Shakira and Pique ( 11 years)
Gabrielle Union and Dwyane Wade ( ten years)
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jun 10, 2018
Preshy561:

grin happy Sunday.
a lovey sunday to u cheesy
oya take dis sunday kiss cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by pryme(m): 3:19pm On Jun 10, 2018
MissRaine69:

Some men can see past the physical most women struggle
Madonna’s situations have never lasted but
Lola & Peter Okoye
Dare Art-Alade and Deola Aye
Sam Taylor-Wood and Aaron Taylor-Johnson (23 year age gap)
Macron and his wife (24)
Shakira and Pique ( 11 years)
Gabrielle Union and Dwyane Wade ( ten years)

Honorable mention
Victoria Beckham and David Beckham.

In Madonna'a case I don't think their separation had to do with age - what do I know.

If your choice of a partner makes your life complete (regardless of age), then there is nothing weird about.

Last time I checked Shakira was not looking like a woman living on borrowed time, while Pique was looking ageless in that Barca jersey.

Why it's weird here is because it has to do with a woman being the older one. Its funny the so call feminist don't trash issues like this.

1 Like

Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by jakandeola(m): 3:30pm On Jun 10, 2018
GrammarNazi1:

wink
are u an animal
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by GrammarNazi1(m): 3:32pm On Jun 10, 2018
jakandeola:
are u an animal
Are you okay, boy?
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 10, 2018
LordKO:
A pronouncement - just like this one under discussion - doesn't negate rationality. So, it still stand so long as it's within the confines of rationality, only illogical people will disagree to it. Age is just ordinary number, it doesn't matter.

Meanwhile, the reason majority (especially most women) don't indulge in it - marrying men younger than them - is because of lack of self-dominion. It takes one who's self-dominion with some slices of maverickness to live life at the periphery of conventionalism. The world that encourages conformism, and mistakes non-conformism as evil, should be blamed.

Despite having more than enough eediots on this forum, one wonders where a saner mind like your ilk emerges from once in a blue moon. You will not have to mind this op because she has answers before bringing any topic here.

1 Like

Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by Ejiod(m): 4:01pm On Jun 10, 2018
Age in reality is numeric. A physical quantity in form of measures.It wholely depends if someone expend his age.We live in different timezone.Some dude may prefer ladies older or @ same age level due to non- stationarity of reasoning.
She sees you from another perspective which young ones can't see, that's provided if she's flowing with time.However, time variance alongside with physique of a lady should be discarded to the recycle bin if you love her in Capslock.

1 Like

Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by MissRaine69(f): 4:47pm On Jun 10, 2018
Ejiod:
Age in reality is numeric. A physical quantity in form of measures.It wholely depends if someone expend his age.We live in different timezone.Some dude may prefer ladies older or @ same age level due to non- stationarity of reasoning.
She sees you from another perspective which young ones can't see, that's provided if she's flowing with time.However, time variance alongside with physique of a lady should be discarded to the recycle bin if you love her in Capslock.
This is true but some still bow to social pressures in this regard. I can understand parental objections if the character of that women is flawed but if it’s just because she is older then that’s perhaps being just shortsighted?
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by sacramento1212: 5:05pm On Jun 10, 2018
MissRaine69:
Why are some women so reluctant to date a man who is younger than them? And if they do why is it socially such a big deal?

Individual preferences differs. Age shouldn't be a determinant factor in this case or the aspect of societal opinions. What the public thinks about this shouldn't be the business of anyone willing to get involved with an older lady.

Or will one go about announcing to the public the husband or wife's age?

I have seen a situation whereby a lady of 26yrs of age looking 35 in appearance and a lady of 35 looking 25yrs in appearance.

it's all about individual choices/decisions which is primary. The public should be secondary in this situation.
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by MissRaine69(f): 5:19pm On Jun 10, 2018
sacramento1212:

Individual preferences differs. Age shouldn't be a determinant factor in this case or the aspect of societal opinions. What the public thinks about this shouldn't be the business of anyone willing to get involved with an older lady.

Or will one go about announcing to the public the husband or wife's age?

I have seen a situation whereby a lady of 26yrs of age looking 35 in appearance and a lady of 35 looking 25yrs in appearance.

it's all about individual choices/decisions which is primary. The public should be secondary in this situation.

A slight digression I have observed that no article in the media will be published with out first stating the age of that women especially amongst celebrities something that often enough men are not subjected to.
Our society tends to place emphasis on many aspects of what constitutes a successful pairing emphasis on age is the one element that is in need of an overhaul.
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by MissRaine69(f): 5:22pm On Jun 10, 2018
CrescentMoon:

Despite having more than enough eediots on this forum, one wonders where a saner mind like your ilk emerges from once in a blue moon. You will not have to mind this op because she has answers before bringing any topic here.
There is always the option of not commenting. It’s allowed you know if you feel so strongly about my threads. Ironically LordKO had no issue with my response to his statement.
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by TOSIN116: 7:15pm On Jun 10, 2018
ralphyoung123:
It is mostly in africa that it is such a big deal, because most Africans are stupid and associate everything with age, and most of them can't mind their business because of their mental slavery.
YOU WELL SO?
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by TOSIN116: 7:25pm On Jun 10, 2018
TO CONCLUDE GOD CREATED ADAM BEFORE EVE
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by Fkforyou(m): 7:38pm On Jun 10, 2018
I was having this discussion with someone on Friday and her reason was that she would disrespect him no matter how hard she tries and that she knows herself.
Another reason she gave was that, he would want to always show her he is the man and she cannot withstand it.
she said the age would always come up.

I asked her if she thinks maturity has to do with age, and not the individual concern, she gave me some random incoherent answer I can't remember.

Long story short, I was crushing on her but I guess I'll have to let her go. She is a year older than me... undecided
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by Nobody: 6:59am On Jun 11, 2018
TOSIN116:
YOU WELL SO?
No, am very sick. Do u have any drugs?.

Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by BluntBoy(m): 7:11am On Jun 11, 2018
MissRaine69:

Do you refer to the rachetness that completly ruined the thread with their juvenile back and forth? When I refe to some people lacking emotional intelligence that’s a good example. I am interested in knowing why such a simple thing as age will make an otherwise suitable man suddenly incompatible? He might be 31 and you are 34 does that mean his role is voided on account of his age?

Yes, I was referring to that.

I am going to do a little bit of my own questioning at the office. I will give my result in the evening cheesy
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by Preshy561(f): 8:04am On Jun 11, 2018
lefulefu:
a lovey sunday to u cheesy oya take dis sunday kiss cheesy
kisssmiley

1 Like

Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by MissRaine69(f): 8:42am On Jun 11, 2018
BluntBoy:

Yes, I was referring to that.

I am going to do a little bit of my own questioning at the office. I will give my result in the evening cheesy
Looking forward to it.
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by BluntBoy(m): 8:43am On Jun 11, 2018
MissRaine69:
Looking forward to it.
Alright cheesy
Have a wonderful day.
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by MissRaine69(f): 8:43am On Jun 11, 2018
Fkforyou:
I was having this discussion with someone on Friday and her reason was that she would disrespect him no matter how hard she tries and that she knows herself.
Another reason she gave was that, he would want to always show her he is the man and she cannot withstand it.
she said the age would always come up.

I asked her if she thinks maturity has to do with age, and not the individual concern, she gave me some random incoherent answer I can't remember.

Long story short, I was crushing on her but I guess I'll have to let her go. She is a year older than me... undecided
A year?
She is the immature one
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by MissRaine69(f): 8:44am On Jun 11, 2018
TOSIN116:
TO CONCLUDE GOD CREATED ADAM BEFORE EVE
First there was the Big Bang ....
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by Ejiod(m): 9:14am On Jun 11, 2018
MissRaine69:

First there was the Big Bang ....
And before big bang?
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by Fkforyou(m): 10:54am On Jun 11, 2018
MissRaine69:

A year?
She is the immature one

Lol...I just think she hasn't evolved enough to be open minded.
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by kenex4ever(m): 11:23am On Jun 11, 2018
ubunja:
women age faster than men. a 25 yr old woman looks the same age as a 32 yr old man, even when the woman is 7 yrs younger. now imagine if the woman was 7 yrs OLDER!! she will look like the man's sister in 3 yrs and in 20 yrs time she will look like the man's auntie.
men stay away from older women.
not always.

Would you believe that shakira is 10years older than pique if they didn't tell you?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married / Meet Cynthia, The Olosho Girl That Slept With Me 3 Nights For Just #3knaira / Help Me Decide If Am Safe From Her (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.