Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:44 AM

If Age Is Nothing But A Number - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If Age Is Nothing But A Number (14033 Views)

Age Is Just A Number - Reactions As 'Young' Couple Set To Wed In Benue (Photos) / People say Age Is Just A Number. Do you agree?(picture) / Women, Age Is Not Just A Number, Stop Deceiving Yourself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by Preshy561(f): 6:41am On Jun 10, 2018
lefulefu:
u don change skirt again?cheesy
grin happy Sunday.
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by Nobody: 7:08am On Jun 10, 2018
Most of all these antisocial people won't improve their human relationship skills, there will be looking for who to abuse online.
lefulefu:
Durentt i thought u only corrected people's errors under this ur moniker.seems u now letting your emotions on nairaland.anyway its allowed sha cheesy.
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by MissRaine69(f): 8:41am On Jun 10, 2018
Cutehector:
8 pages of cow dung
That’s the problem of with this forum these days too many basic people.
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by MissRaine69(f): 8:47am On Jun 10, 2018
Tallesty1:
The whole thing is kinda confusing to me. I once asked a lady out and she refused because I was just a few years older. She wants someone that is older than her with 10 years. One of the weirdest reason to be turned down if you ask me.

Now talking about women who don't want younger men, I don't know all their reasons but I think immaturity on the part of the men is one of the reasons.

Women kinda mature quickly both physically and intellectually than men(my observation). Some men in their thirties still reason like teenagers so imagine a woman in her forties marrying such? It would be like she adopted an over feed baby man. Many can't deal.

I could argue the opposite in that it depends on the woman. Is she confident and secure that she over looks the age difference. That said the current economic situation does not favour a lot of the men under 25 at all so dating and being accepted by a older woman who is already made will be indeed a challenge.
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by Cutehector(m): 8:54am On Jun 10, 2018
MissRaine69:

That’s the problem of with this forum these days too many basic people.
the thing just pisses me off.. The first page was debateful at first judging from the different opinions of others and then the insults started coming in. I just got angry..
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by BluntBoy(m): 8:59am On Jun 10, 2018
Honestly, this should have made for an interesting subject but it was ruined.

This topic is actually deeper than I envisaged. When I get to the office tomorrow, I will ask questions from at least 5 random ladies and 5 random men.
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by Onisokuso1(m): 11:23am On Jun 10, 2018
MissRaine69:
Why are some women so reluctant to date a man who is younger than them? And if they do why is it socially such a big deal?

That's only African , especially in Nigeria . Women feel they can't respect such men though very few differ . But women generally tend towards guys older than they are .

Some guys actually don't mind dating older lady like myself don't but that's just the scope . Naija women especially love their men to be higher than them in age but atimes a younger guy is more mature than a lady in question but they don't feel that way . angry

1 Like

Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by MissRaine69(f): 11:33am On Jun 10, 2018
Onisokuso1:

That's only African , especially in Nigeria . Women feel they can't respect such men though very few differ . But women generally tend towards guys older than they are .

Some guys actually don't mind dating older lady like myself don't but that's just the scope . Naija women especially love their men to be higher than them in age but atimes a younger guy is more mature than a lady in question but they don't feel that way . angry

I agree with you it’s very much an engrained mindset and to some extent a very superficial way to choose someone as age has never been a factor nor is it a set guarantee for happiness or maturity. If a woman will decline a man only because he is younger than her then it’s her loss.

2 Likes

Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by Onisokuso1(m): 11:39am On Jun 10, 2018
MissRaine69:

I agree with you it’s very much an engrained mindset and to some extent a very superficial way to choose someone as age has never been a factor nor is it a set guarantee for happiness or maturity. If a woman will decline a man only because he is younger than her then it’s her loss.

Good some women with the different mindset like this still exist in Africa and perhaps u are a Nigerian as well . Good
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by MissRaine69(f): 11:42am On Jun 10, 2018
Onisokuso1:

Good some women with the different mindset like this still exist in Africa and perhaps u are a Nigerian as well . Good
50% Nigerian and yes we exist.
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by babyfaceafrica: 12:05pm On Jun 10, 2018
BluntBoy:
Why do you people like fighting?

As a retired e-fighter, I will gladly tell you, my sons (IamJ, especially), that e-fighting is profitless.

Then, you must learn to watch how you address women.
women should also learn how to address men..in this case..they are both guilty!!!..stop your one-sided view..rabbish

1 Like

Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by N0favors: 12:09pm On Jun 10, 2018
MissRaine69:

I will not bother with all that ...too much stupid around!
How old are you Miss?
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by MissRaine69(f): 12:15pm On Jun 10, 2018
N0favors:
How old are you Miss?
Old enough to be able to vote

1 Like

Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by MissRaine69(f): 12:16pm On Jun 10, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
women should also learn how to address men..in this case..they are both guilty!!!..stop your one-sided view..rabbish
You are not helping in any way shape or form.
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by MissRaine69(f): 12:20pm On Jun 10, 2018
BluntBoy:
Honestly, this should have made for an interesting subject but it was ruined.

This topic is actually deeper than I envisaged. When I get to the office tomorrow, I will ask questions from at least 5 random ladies and 5 random men.
Do you refer to the rachetness that completly ruined the thread with their juvenile back and forth? When I refe to some people lacking emotional intelligence that’s a good example. I am interested in knowing why such a simple thing as age will make an otherwise suitable man suddenly incompatible? He might be 31 and you are 34 does that mean his role is voided on account of his age?
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by babyfaceafrica: 12:22pm On Jun 10, 2018
MissRaine69:
Why are some women so reluctant to date a man who is younger than them? And if they do why is it socially such a big deal?
depends on a lot of things..I wouldn't mind a lady a year or two older anything older is a no no...but I would not begrudge anyone who wishes to marry a lady ten years older or a lady who wishes to marry a man ten years younger....its their life..let them live it how they like..... I guess it has to do also with respect and wisdom..some believe the older the man, the more respect he gives(depends).. Also some believe the younger the lady..the more submissive she is..true to some extent...it is highly likely that your junior will respect your opinion than your mates will....everyone wants different things in marriage..youth,money, respect,loyalty father-like figure.. You go for what pays you
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by babyfaceafrica: 12:24pm On Jun 10, 2018
MissRaine69:

You are not helping in any way shape or form.
lolz....You shouldn't have retorted to kids..you also have fault... You should have ignored.. You know these people yet you decided to play in dirt with then....nice thread though
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by MissRaine69(f): 12:26pm On Jun 10, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
lolz....You shouldn't have retorted to kids..you also have fault... You should have ignored.. You know these people yet you decided to play in dirt with then....nice thread though
In what way am I at fault? Anyway you are entitled to your view. Have a good day.
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by MissRaine69(f): 12:28pm On Jun 10, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
depends on a lot of things..I wouldn't mind a lady a year or two older anything older is a no no...but I would not begrudge anyone who wishes to marry a lady ten years older or a lady who wishes to marry a man ten years younger....its their life..let them live it how they like..... I guess it has to do also with respect and wisdom..some believe the older the man, the more respect he gives(depends).. Also some believe the younger the lady..the more submissive she is..true to some extent...it is highly likely that your junior will respect your opinion than your mates will....everyone wants different things in marriage..youth,money, respect,loyalty father-like figure.. You go for what pays you
For someone to be submissive it has to be very much part of their personality to act that way if you are not that way inclined you will not be regardless of your age.

2 Likes

Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by babyfaceafrica: 12:31pm On Jun 10, 2018
MissRaine69:

For someone to be submissive it has to be very much part of their personality to act that way if you are not that way inclined you will not be regardless of your age.
age sometimes matter..it is easier for me to be submissive to my dad than to my mate......my reason will be he is more experienced than I am and have seen things that I have not..so listening to him and taking his advice is easier
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by babyfaceafrica: 12:36pm On Jun 10, 2018
MissRaine69:

let me give you another example...it is easier for a Linda ikeji to submit to dangote..than to submit to e-money....they all have money.. But who has more experience in life?..although I do understand that we have some kid adults... But saying age is just a number is unfair to age itself. Experience cannot be bought
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by MissRaine69(f): 12:41pm On Jun 10, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
let me give you another example...it is easier for a Linda ikeji to submit to dangote..than to submit to e-money....they all have money.. But who has more experience in life?..although I do understand that we have some kid adults... But saying age is just a number is unfair to age itself.
Not the best of examples to use to be frank.
Why is submission even on the table?
It’s about mutual respect and besides it is a mindset age is a number does not determine comparability nor is it am indicator of wisdom so don’t agree with you there.

2 Likes

Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by MissRaine69(f): 12:43pm On Jun 10, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
age sometimes matter..it is easier for me to be submissive to my dad than to my mate......my reason will be he is more experienced than I am and have seen things that I have not..so listening to him and taking his advice is easier
He is your father and hardly an example to be used when discussing the topic at hand.I refer to a relationship here why would a woman say no to an otherwise suitable man on account that he is younger than her?
That’s the issue
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by babyfaceafrica: 12:49pm On Jun 10, 2018
MissRaine69:

He is your father and hardly an example to be used when discussing the topic at hand.I refer to a relationship here why would a woman say no to an otherwise suitable man on account that he is younger than her?
That’s the issue
because she can't respect him,because she doesn't consider him to be her level,because she feels he is to young to know how to handle a woman in marriage,because she feels her family might not accept and respect him,which is dangerous.because it is against her tradition and culture,......suitable is relative
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by MissRaine69(f): 12:51pm On Jun 10, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
because she can't respect him,because she doesn't consider him to be her level,because she feels he is to young to know how to handle a woman in marriage,because she feels her family might not accept and respect him,which is dangerous.because it is against her tradition and culture,......suitable is relative
That’s still a mindset albeit a flawed one
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by babyfaceafrica: 12:58pm On Jun 10, 2018
MissRaine69:

That’s still a mindset albeit a flawed one
lolz...maybe..But nothing is perfect ,some of us are constrained by the environments we live in and where we come from,and the family we have.as long as we are happy... Who cares.Some people chose their wives themselves....2 years down..they divorce..while some have their wife chosen by parents..and ten years on..they are still waxing stronger.. Their is no perfect mindset or formula.. We use the working one
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by MissRaine69(f): 1:05pm On Jun 10, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
lolz...maybe..But nothing is perfect ,some of us are constrained by the environments we live in and where we come from,and the family we have.as long as we are happy... Who cares.Some people chose their wives themselves....2 years down..they divorce..while some have their wife chosen by parents..and ten years on..they are still waxing stronger.. Their is no perfect mindset or formula.. We use the working one
It’s about being open minded and not being sidelined by focusing on one aspect of a whole person.
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by Onisokuso1(m): 1:08pm On Jun 10, 2018
MissRaine69:

50% Nigerian and yes we exist.

Wow ! Sweet to know kiss
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by austyn0(m): 1:28pm On Jun 10, 2018
MissRaine69:

That’s the issue
I think we have clarified this,, except you are not yet satisified with the replies....

The simple and only reason a woman will say no to a suitable man simply because he is younger than her is plain senselessness...

Pitifully you find most of these senseless ladies amongst we uncivilized blacks...

1 Like

Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by MissRaine69(f): 1:36pm On Jun 10, 2018
austyn0:
I think we have clarified this,, except you are not yet satisified with the replies....

The simple and only reason a woman will say no to a suitable man simply because he is younger than her is plain senselessness...

Pitifully you find most of these senseless ladies amongst we uncivilized blacks...
The most I got from a woman here as a response was “it’s weird” in what way it is considered weird I am yet to get a response.
Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by austyn0(m): 1:44pm On Jun 10, 2018
MissRaine69:

The most I got from a woman here as a response was “it’s weird” in what way it is considered weird I am yet to get a response.
Expecting another senseless response from an ignorant fellow??.....

I am pretty sure she didn't think it through before posting.

1 Like

Re: If Age Is Nothing But A Number by pryme(m): 1:45pm On Jun 10, 2018
MissRaine69:

Do you refer to the rachetness that completly ruined the thread with their juvenile back and forth? When I refe to some people lacking emotional intelligence that’s a good example. I am interested in knowing why such a simple thing as age will make an otherwise suitable man suddenly incompatible? He might be 31 and you are 34 does that mean his role is voided on account of his age?

I guess it has to do with cosmetic reasons, women are know to deteriorate quicker than men in appearance (in most cases).
in my own case thats what will be at the back of my mind if I want to settle for an older lady (this is me being honest here), other than the factor mentioned above age is nothing but a number as long as the people involved are adults.

You won't get a lot of people throwing sticks if the lady that is older than the man {looks younger than her age or looks younger than the man in question}.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Help Me Decide If Am Safe From Her (photos) / Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request / God Was Showing Off When He Created Me - Slay Queen With Massive Backside (photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.