Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,817 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

How Does Abuja, Nigeria Compare To Accra, Ghana? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Does Abuja, Nigeria Compare To Accra, Ghana? (4679 Views)

My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana / Where The Rich Live In Abuja, Nigeria (pics, Video) / What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does Abuja, Nigeria Compare To Accra, Ghana? by buceta: 11:50pm On Jun 09, 2018
In terms of cleanliness, organization, and infrastructure?
Re: How Does Abuja, Nigeria Compare To Accra, Ghana? by DrGoodman: 11:55pm On Jun 09, 2018
buceta:
In terms of cleanliness, organization, and infrastructure?

They seize light every 30 minutes in Abuja and not so in Accra. We plan to come and watch world cup in Ghana, before generator go tear my ears. grin

2 Likes

Re: How Does Abuja, Nigeria Compare To Accra, Ghana? by buceta: 12:10am On Jun 10, 2018
DrGoodman:

They seize light every 30 minutes in Abuja and not so in Accra. We plan to come and watch world cup in Ghana, before generator go tear my ears. grin
Is the Nigerian government not smart enough to build a powerplant for their planned city? This is something I honestly can't understand. Wouldn't it make sense to get that issue sorted before continuing to expand the city?

3 Likes

Re: How Does Abuja, Nigeria Compare To Accra, Ghana? by DrGoodman: 12:58am On Jun 10, 2018
buceta:
Is the Nigerian government not smart enough to build a powerplant for their planned city? This is something I honestly can't understand. Wouldn't it make sense to get that issue sorted before continuing to expand the city?

Powerplant? Hell no!

cattle colonies first. They can then use the remaining space for burial of those who refuse.

2 Likes

Re: How Does Abuja, Nigeria Compare To Accra, Ghana? by selemempe: 1:53am On Jun 10, 2018
buceta:
my bro help me ask our Hausa lords....they have been running our country and controlling our most important resources since 1960.

There are also people called yorubas...they are our hausa lords most trusted allies and people who embolden our lords to keep on lording over us.

Simple things are hard for our lords to understand. They even say its imposible to ranch cattles in nigeria...hence u see cattles roaming our central business district in our abuja

5 Likes

Re: How Does Abuja, Nigeria Compare To Accra, Ghana? by EazyMoh(m): 2:24am On Jun 10, 2018
Ask Tonyebarcanista whether Abuja is ahead of Ghana?, figures don't lie.
In my opinion Abuja is ahead.

1 Like

Re: How Does Abuja, Nigeria Compare To Accra, Ghana? by londoner: 7:38am On Jun 10, 2018
DrGoodman:

No they don't. Accra generally has more constant light but don't over exaggerate the situation in Abuja. Have been to both but Abuja is better imho. It's just more my kind of place and has more natural beauty and I find it more organised too. From roadsigns to traffic. Abuja is still being built and expanded though and can learn a thing or two from Accra's night life.

3 Likes

Re: How Does Abuja, Nigeria Compare To Accra, Ghana? by peacengine(m): 9:45am On Jun 10, 2018
Compare Accra to the following states: Enugu, Imo, Akwa Ibom, Sokoto, Kaduna, Kano, Ekiti, Ibadan, Delta and the likes leave Abuja and Lagos out of it. Accra is too small to compare with Nigerian major states. Personally, I prefer all the above states to Accra

2 Likes

Re: How Does Abuja, Nigeria Compare To Accra, Ghana? by emeka1101: 12:49pm On Jun 10, 2018
peacengine:
Compare Accra to the following states: Enugu, Imo, Akwa Ibom, Sokoto, Kaduna, Kano, Ekiti, Ibadan, Delta and the likes leave Abuja and Lagos out of it. Accra is too small to compare with Nigerian major states. Personally, I prefer all the above states to Accra
Greater Accra region is about 67 times bigger than Lagos state so what are you talking about?
Accra was ranked as the best city in west Africa while Lagos was ranked as the worst city in Africa.
Comparing any place in nigeria to Accra is an insult to Ghana.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does Abuja, Nigeria Compare To Accra, Ghana? by darfay: 2:54pm On Jun 10, 2018
emeka1101:

Greater Accra region is about 67 times bigger than Lagos state so what are you talking about?
Accra was ranked as the best city in west Africa while Lagos was ranked as the worst city in Africa.

Lagos state is actually bigger than greater akara state FYI. Argue with your shadow

4 Likes

Re: How Does Abuja, Nigeria Compare To Accra, Ghana? by emeka1101: 3:36pm On Jun 10, 2018
darfay:

Lagos state is actually bigger than greater akara state FYI. Argue with your shadow
Ignorant slowpoke.
Clear off with your stupidity.
How can you compare any place in nigeria to the best city in West Africa(Accra).
Mumu in chief

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does Abuja, Nigeria Compare To Accra, Ghana? by darfay: 4:26pm On Jun 10, 2018
emeka1101:

Ignorant slowpoke.
Clear off with your stupidity.
How can you compare any place in nigeria to the best city in West Africa(Accra).
Mumu in chief

Kk
Re: How Does Abuja, Nigeria Compare To Accra, Ghana? by peacengine(m): 4:52pm On Jun 10, 2018
emeka1101:

Bro, who ranked it? Post links here let's discourse on that

Cost of living: Housing is more affordable in Lagos, food stuffs and transportation is much more affordable

Jobs: Lagos, with a bigger population has more available man power and more multinational companies present

ICT: Lagos has the largest IT hub in West Africa

Aviation: More aviation activities in Lagos

Road Network: More interstate road networks in Lagos than Accra

More Islands in Lagos than Accra

More commercial activities in Lagos than Accra

Better communication skills amongst Lagosians than Accra, you may not easily find people that can communicate in English even in Accra

Entertainment: Full Lagos than Accra

Lagos has a bigger market for goods and services than Accra

I no ge time to de yarn with u bro, suit yasef. I'm out!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does Abuja, Nigeria Compare To Accra, Ghana? by Misterdhee1(m): 4:53pm On Jun 10, 2018
selemempe:
my bro help me ask our Hausa lords....they have been running our country and controlling our most important resources since 1960.

There are also people called yorubas...they are our hausa lords most trusted allies and people who embolden our lords to keep on lording over us.

Simple things are hard for our lords to understand. They even say its imposible to ranch cattles in nigeria...hence u see cattles roaming our central business district in our abuja
Lol, Jonathan too was an Hausa lord.

1 Like

Re: How Does Abuja, Nigeria Compare To Accra, Ghana? by selemempe: 5:12pm On Jun 10, 2018
Misterdhee1:

Lol, Jonathan too was an Hausa lord.
gej was a figure head...the north dominates public service
Re: How Does Abuja, Nigeria Compare To Accra, Ghana? by buceta: 8:51pm On Jun 10, 2018
selemempe:

I know you are joking here, but this is serious. How can a human being in 2018 be so stupid that they don't know how to build a powerplant for a planned city?... and instead of building said powerplant, they continue to expand the city with the resources that should be used to build the powerplant?

A person this stupid would struggle with elementary addition talk less of running a country. If this is indicative of the typical hausa brain, split Nigeria as soon as possible.

1 Like

Re: How Does Abuja, Nigeria Compare To Accra, Ghana? by fero007: 8:55pm On Jun 10, 2018
post pics of both and compare
Re: How Does Abuja, Nigeria Compare To Accra, Ghana? by selemempe: 9:27pm On Jun 10, 2018
buceta:
I know you are joking here, but this is serious. How can a human being in 2018 be so stupid that they don't know how to build a powerplant for a planned city?... and instead of building said powerplant, they continue to expand the city with the resources that should be used to build the powerplant?

A person this stupid would struggle with elementary addition talk less of running a country. If this is indicative of the typical hausa brain, split Nigeria as soon as possible.
lol i wasnt joking o...when uk left us in 1960, big cities like lagos have 24 hrs power daily...they handed over to hausawa who took turns raping the country till issues like steady power have bcom rocket science

1 Like

Re: How Does Abuja, Nigeria Compare To Accra, Ghana? by spartacus11(m): 11:06pm On Jun 10, 2018
Abuja over Accra. Abuja isn't for kids or hustlers it is for d matured minds. Relocating there few weeks from now.

2 Likes

Re: How Does Abuja, Nigeria Compare To Accra, Ghana? by londoner: 11:12pm On Jun 10, 2018
spartacus11:
Abuja over Accra. Abuja isn't for kids or hustlers it is for d matured minds. Relocating there few weeks from now.

Congratulations on your move to ABJ.

2 Likes

Re: How Does Abuja, Nigeria Compare To Accra, Ghana? by emeka1101: 11:23pm On Jun 10, 2018
peacengine:

Cost of living: Housing is more affordable in Lagos, food stuffs and transportation is much more affordable

Jobs: Lagos, with a bigger population has more available man power and more multinational companies present

Better communication skills amongst Lagosians than Accra, you may not easily find people that can communicate in English even in Accra

You are not making any sense.

Lagos has MORE this and that than Accra and so what??

The population of lagos is about 18 million where as that of Accra is around 4 million so Common sense should tell you that lagos will have MORE of the things you've listed than Accra.
That doesn't mean lagos is better than Accra.

There's a huge difference between quantity and quality.

I can see that's where your problem is.

Accra is the second livable city in Africa (By Forbes)

Accra is not overcrowded like Lagos.

Accra is not filthy and noisy like Lagos.

There's running tap n 24/7 electricity supply in Accra.

Roads in Accra are far far better then those in Lagos.

Its always quality(Accra) over quantity(Lagos) not the other way round

Lagos was ranked as the worst city in the world.

https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-40966970

2 Likes

Re: How Does Abuja, Nigeria Compare To Accra, Ghana? by fero007: 12:37am On Jun 11, 2018
emeka1101:

You are not making any sense.
Lagos has MORE this and that than Accra and so what??
The population of lagos is about 18 million where thst of Accra is around 4 million so Common sense should tell you that lagos will have MORE of the things you've listed than Accra.
That doesn't mean lagos is better Accra.
There's a huge difference between quantity and quality.
I can see that's where your problem is.

Accra is the second livable city in Africa (By Forbes)

Accra is not overcrowded like Lagos.
Accra is not filthy and noisy like Lagos.

There's running tap n 24/7 electricity supply in Accra.
Roads in Accra are far far better then those in Lagos.

Its always quality(Accra) over quantity(Lagos) not the other way round
Lagos was ranked as the worst city in the world.

https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-40966970

Guy has a point, though I personally prefer Lagos even Port Harcourt to any other African city(besides SA), I think Lagos beats Accra in theme of industrialization, commerce, popularity, Lagos is also a little ahead in development n entertainment
But Accra is also very developed, full of entertainment, and Accra beats Lagos in beauty and tourism.
The guy that said Lagos has better communication skills is a LIAR, its a known fact that Ghanaians speak english far better than Nigerians.
Re: How Does Abuja, Nigeria Compare To Accra, Ghana? by fero007: 12:40am On Jun 11, 2018
Accra also has friendlier people, good living standard, averagely better amenities and security

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does Abuja, Nigeria Compare To Accra, Ghana? by buceta: 5:38am On Jun 11, 2018
fero007:

Guy has a point, though I personally prefer Lagos even Port Harcourt to any other African city(besides SA), I think Lagos beats Accra in theme of industrialization, commerce, popularity, Lagos is also a little ahead in development n entertainment
But Accra is also very developed, full of entertainment, and Accra beats Lagos in beauty and tourism.
The guy that said Lagos has better communication skills is a LIAR, its a known fact that Ghanaians speak english far better than Nigerians.

Can confirm, I'm in Nigeria now and people can barely understand standard American English. Interestingly, it seems like the communication skills have actually become worse since my first visit
Re: How Does Abuja, Nigeria Compare To Accra, Ghana? by londoner: 6:43am On Jun 11, 2018
fero007:
Accra also has friendlier people, good living standard, averagely better amenities and security

In comparison to Lagos, yes. But not Abuja really because the people are calm and friendly on a normal day. I wasn't actually very impressed with Accra the first time I went and it was actually because I had seen Abuja first. Even in some of the so called high brow areas in Accra the side roads were like dirt roads ( at that time). Accra also lacked street names which I hear they have only recently rectified and for a city as old as Accra it was really surprising to me.

2 Likes

Re: How Does Abuja, Nigeria Compare To Accra, Ghana? by spartacus11(m): 9:56am On Jun 11, 2018
londoner:

Congratulations on your move to ABJ.

Thanks so much
Re: How Does Abuja, Nigeria Compare To Accra, Ghana? by spartacus11(m): 10:12am On Jun 11, 2018
londoner:

In comparison to Lagos, yes. But not Abuja really because the people are calm and friendly on a normal day. I wasn't actually very impressed with Accra the first time I went and it was actually because I had seen Abuja first. Even in some of the so called high brow areas in Accra the side roads were like dirt roads ( at that time). Accra also lacked street names which I hear they have only recently rectified and for a city as old as Accra it was really surprising to me.

You're very correct, it is only those who don't want to be sincere that will disagree or say otherwise

My first time in Abuja was during the Easter holiday, i was shocked that we do have a placee like that in Nigeria

Went to Wuse market so orderly, even our igbo brodas were so jovial and our hausa brodas were so nice, i was totally in love with d city

The millennium park is so amazing, will be visiting there alot

1 Like

Re: How Does Abuja, Nigeria Compare To Accra, Ghana? by popizaino(m): 10:24am On Jun 11, 2018
peacengine:

Lagos is vibrant,Accra is serene.

1 Like

Re: How Does Abuja, Nigeria Compare To Accra, Ghana? by fero007: 2:26pm On Jun 11, 2018
buceta:

Can confirm, I'm in Nigeria now and people can barely understand standard American English. Interestingly, it seems like the communication skills have actually become worse since my first visit

Hope youre not in Lagos, because they can't speak good English, they just frame fake OAP like voices thinking they are speaking queens English. They pronounce words wrongly and use wrong sentences without knowing and still carry themselves with pride. Watch they will disagree and attack me now. Haha
Re: How Does Abuja, Nigeria Compare To Accra, Ghana? by londoner: 9:11pm On Jun 11, 2018
spartacus11:

You're very correct, it is only those who don't want to be sincere that will disagree or say otherwise

My first time in Abuja was during the Easter holiday, i was shocked that we do have a placee like that in Nigeria

Went to Wuse market so orderly, even our igbo brodas were so jovial and our hausa brodas were so nice, i was totally in love with d city

The millennium park is so amazing, will be visiting there alot

I agree.

1 Like

Re: How Does Abuja, Nigeria Compare To Accra, Ghana? by londoner: 9:12pm On Jun 11, 2018
popizaino:

Lagos is vibrant,Accra is serene.

Abuja is serene.

3 Likes

Re: How Does Abuja, Nigeria Compare To Accra, Ghana? by popizaino(m): 7:47pm On Jun 12, 2018
Accra

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Journey To Canada PART 1 / U.s. Approves New Visa Process For Nigeria / Mexico Or Nigeria Pls Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.