Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,137 members, 7,780,055 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:04 AM

Video: Sheikh Ahmad Gumi Asks Buhari To Sit Up Or Resign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video: Sheikh Ahmad Gumi Asks Buhari To Sit Up Or Resign (3030 Views)

Mamu’s Arrest: Sheikh Ahmad Gumi Accuses DSS Of Terrorism / Sheikh Ahmad Gumi: The Nigerian Cleric Who Negotiates With Bandits -BBC Monitor / Kidnappers Of Sheikh Ahmad Sulaiman, Buhari's Prayer Warrior Arrested By Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Video: Sheikh Ahmad Gumi Asks Buhari To Sit Up Or Resign by LRNZH(m): 3:20am On Jun 10, 2018
In a recent Ramadan Tafsir, Kaduna based cleric, Sheikh Dr. Gumi preached in English addressing why he has come down hard in the Buhari administration.

He explains why he either has to ask President Buhari to resign or apologize to former President Goodluck Jonathan for asking him to resign over Boko Haram.

Says Buhari is not the best leader from the North. He is full of mistakes.

Accuses Buhari's APC of being hypocritical and gagging the opposition unlike the more Democratic PDP under Jonathan.

Asserts that Nigerians have been patient enough with Buhari's complacency.

Reaffirms his non-partisan stance on national issues. Motivated by the sanctity of human life.

See video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXErY-9PTe4

cc: Lalasticlala, Ishilove, Mynd44

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Video: Sheikh Ahmad Gumi Asks Buhari To Sit Up Or Resign by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:24am On Jun 10, 2018
He Says Buhari is not the best leader from the North.

Sheikh, with all due respect Sir, kindly give us the best from the North and then we compare and choose the best candidate.
Thanks in advance Sir!
Re: Video: Sheikh Ahmad Gumi Asks Buhari To Sit Up Or Resign by LRNZH(m): 3:26am On Jun 10, 2018
post=68337825:
He Says Buhari is not the best leader from the North.

Sheikh, with all due respect Sir, kindly give us the best from the North and then we compare and choose the best candidate.
Thanks in advance Sir!

We thought Buhari was the best leader from the North but the past three years have proved us wrong.

I commend Sheikh Gumi for his honesty. I will make sure I visit his mosque whenever in Kaduna just appreciate his honesty.

5 Likes

Re: Video: Sheikh Ahmad Gumi Asks Buhari To Sit Up Or Resign by general111(m): 3:33am On Jun 10, 2018
coming from a muslim, this sheikh deserves a round of applause...

7 Likes

Re: Video: Sheikh Ahmad Gumi Asks Buhari To Sit Up Or Resign by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:34am On Jun 10, 2018
LRNZH:

We thought Buhari was the best leader from the North but the past three years have proved us wrong.

I commend Sheikh Gumi for his honesty. I will make sure I visit his mosque whenever in Kaduna just appreciate his honesty.

My Question ignored........
If not Buhari.......we need a name..... another name!
Then we compare and choose the best!!
Re: Video: Sheikh Ahmad Gumi Asks Buhari To Sit Up Or Resign by LRNZH(m): 3:36am On Jun 10, 2018
post=68337869:

My Question ignored........
If not Buhari.......we need a name..... another name!
Then we compare and choose the best!!

Dankwambo or Kwankwaso would have performed better than Buhari. These are just a few examples. There are numerous other examples..

But we will wait and see the full options both from the North and South to make a sensible choice for 2019.
Buhari will be retired to Daura in sha Allah.

1 Like

Re: Video: Sheikh Ahmad Gumi Asks Buhari To Sit Up Or Resign by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:51am On Jun 10, 2018
LRNZH:

Dankwambo or Kwankwaso would have performed better than Buhari. These are just a few examples. There are numerous other examples..

But we will wait and see the full options both from the North and South to make a sensible choice for 2019. [b]Buhari will be retired to Daura
.[/b]

I surely don't think so.
Everyone's PVC will tell at the end of the day tho.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Video: Sheikh Ahmad Gumi Asks Buhari To Sit Up Or Resign by stonemasonn: 3:55am On Jun 10, 2018
The government should decide ooo, for Gumi, OBJ etc to apologize to Jonathan or criticize Buhari.
Re: Video: Sheikh Ahmad Gumi Asks Buhari To Sit Up Or Resign by fiizznation: 4:12am On Jun 10, 2018
There is absolutely nothing surprising in what sheikh Gumi said. The man has always been anti-buhari ever since I know him. Nobody in the north takes his opinions about buhari any serious..

Funny. Just the concluded Ramadan lecture that took place in Kaduna, this same gumi took an indirect jab at the person of buhari when he delivered his very short lecture.. Surprisingly nobody even cared about what he said about buhari because everyone at the lecture knew the man has always been anti-buhari.

Yeah I respect sheikh gumi as a very intelligent person, but his opinion about buhari is solely his opinion. Many people don't share same opinion with him when it comes to politics.
Re: Video: Sheikh Ahmad Gumi Asks Buhari To Sit Up Or Resign by FriendNG: 4:29am On Jun 10, 2018
fiizznation:
There is absolutely nothing surprising in what sheikh Gumi said. The man has always been anti-buhari ever since I know him. Nobody in the north takes his opinions about buhari any serious..

Funny. Just the concluded Ramadan lecture that took place in Kaduna, this same gumi took an indirect jab at the person of buhari when he delivered his very short lecture.. Surprisingly nobody even cared about what he said about buhari because everyone at the lecture knew the man has always been anti-buhari.

Yeah I respect sheikh gumi as a very intelligent person, but his opinion about buhari is solely his opinion. Many people don't share same opinion with him when it comes to politics.

Nothing intelligent about Gumi. He didn't even sit down and learn what he is suppose to learn from his late father. Ask me and you will hear more.
Re: Video: Sheikh Ahmad Gumi Asks Buhari To Sit Up Or Resign by LRNZH(m): 4:29am On Jun 10, 2018
fiizznation:

When he was castigating Jonathan before the 2015 elections you people agreed with him. Now nobody takes him serious because Buhari is involved. People who tell the truth are never popular.

The Sheikh's conacience is clear because he has said It as it is.

It is you who is double faced that will be judged whether you're being fair about both Jonathan and Buhari's performance.

7 Likes

Re: Video: Sheikh Ahmad Gumi Asks Buhari To Sit Up Or Resign by FriendNG: 4:33am On Jun 10, 2018
LRNZH:

Don't forget to commend him either for the below honesty

Sheikh Gumi Says God Will Not Punish Corrupt Politicians

https://www.nairaland.com/4551874/sheikh-gumi-says-god-not
Re: Video: Sheikh Ahmad Gumi Asks Buhari To Sit Up Or Resign by LRNZH(m): 4:37am On Jun 10, 2018
FriendNG:

Don't forget to commend him either for the below honesty

Sheikh Gumi Says God Will Not Punish Corrupt Politicians

https://www.nairaland.com/4551874/sheikh-gumi-says-god-not

He is saying this because Buhari's corruption fight is not sincere.

If Ramalan Hero can be publicly disgraced as such because he is in PDP and Babachir Lawal is walking scott free even running Bubari' s campaign after stealing IDP funds, why won't Gumi tell Buhari to stop the witchhunting?

4 Likes

Re: Video: Sheikh Ahmad Gumi Asks Buhari To Sit Up Or Resign by FriendNG: 4:40am On Jun 10, 2018
LRNZH:

He is saying this because Buhari's corruption fight is not sincere.

If Ramalan Hero can be publicly disgraced as such because he is in PDP and Babachir Lawal is walking scott free even running Bubari' s campaign after stealing IDP funds, why won't Gumi tell Buhari to stop the witchhunting?

I did not ask you all this wrong grammar. Just go and commend him because God won't punish currupt individuals because they have spent some of the money on Islam. Funny enough you did not read the link and you're busy typing long grammar.

And my message is very clear and simple you should commend him for the below.

Re: Video: Sheikh Ahmad Gumi Asks Buhari To Sit Up Or Resign by LRNZH(m): 4:42am On Jun 10, 2018
FriendNG:

I did not ask you all this wrong grammar. Just go and commend him because God won't punish currupt individuals because they have spent some of the money on Islam. Funny enough you did not read the link and you're busy typing long grammar.

I read it. I commend Gumi for challenging Buhari's nepotism and favoritism.

Why are you ignoring the comparison between the treatment of Yero and Babachir-Lawal?

4 Likes

Re: Video: Sheikh Ahmad Gumi Asks Buhari To Sit Up Or Resign by FriendNG: 4:48am On Jun 10, 2018
LRNZH:

I read it.

Why are you ignoring the comparison between the treatment of Yero and Babachir-Lawal?

You did not read anything. Where is Babachir lawan in Gumis post? Here it is below. You should commend for it since God don't punish currupt individuals. You can spend the whole day criticising Buhari because I never said he is perfect.

But the message below is simple commend him for the honosty below

“We need to protect the reputation of these men, they fought for our religion, and if care is not taken we will all see them (northern politicians) carrying that placard (EFCC mug shot) with corruption charges.

“Besides, the money which they are probed for, even God will not hold them responsible for it,” he said.

The cleric also cited the case of a former Zamfara State Governor, Ahmed Yarima, who is also accused of diverting N1billion, saying that his contribution to Islam in the North is supposed to be a sure bait for him to go free.

“For instance, few years back, some of our Northern states have been in a mess, from prostitution to alcoholism.

“Remember a former Zamfara State Governor, Ahmed Yarima, who went through a lot of pains to initiate Shari’a (Islamic Law) in the state.

“Thank God for him, because not just Zamfara state, but other Northern states like Kano and Sokoto have literally followed suit.

“This alone is a great achievement for our religion, and for the sake of what they went through to make this happen, at a point, if one of them is corrupt we shouldn’t let it go viral.

“The same thing applies to a former Governor of Kano state, Ibrahim Shekarau who initiated Hisbah to maintain the Sharia. We all know what former president Olusegun Obasanjo did to demolish the movement.

DAILY NIGERIAN reports that Mr Gumi had lampooned Mr Buhari for allegedly allowing himself to be surrounded by ignorant advisers and those who do not have people at heart. [/b]
Re: Video: Sheikh Ahmad Gumi Asks Buhari To Sit Up Or Resign by LRNZH(m): 4:54am On Jun 10, 2018
FriendNG:

You did not read anything. Where is Babachir lawan in Gumis post? Here it is below. You should commend for it since God don't punish currupt individuals. You can spend the whole day criticising Buhari because I never said he is perfect.

But the message below is simple commend him for the honosty below

I have addressed your question but chose to sidestep the Babachir-Lawal matter. Why?

3 Likes

Re: Video: Sheikh Ahmad Gumi Asks Buhari To Sit Up Or Resign by vedaxcool(m): 4:58am On Jun 10, 2018
FriendNG:

And my message is very clear and simple you should commend him for the below.

Like writing off Gumi I have also written off the op, see how he is kissing Gumi butt and speaking mindless grammar. Sad how people would follow a man down the rabbit hole because he says something to tickle his fancy. Sad desperation.
Re: Video: Sheikh Ahmad Gumi Asks Buhari To Sit Up Or Resign by FriendNG: 4:59am On Jun 10, 2018
LRNZH:

I have addressed your question but chose to sidestep the Babachir-Lawal matter. Why?

I am yet to see where you addresed when I am not blind.

Which God are you worshipping? Your God won't punish currupt individuals or what?

This thread is not for Bb-lawan. Secondly I ask you to continue to criticize the government on it because I did not say the government is right on that issue.

Having said that the issue @hand is when visiting the sheikh in kaduna to commend him for his honesty, you should also commend him on this issue also. Because his God don't punish currupt individuals.
Re: Video: Sheikh Ahmad Gumi Asks Buhari To Sit Up Or Resign by LRNZH(m): 5:00am On Jun 10, 2018
vedaxcool:

Like writing off Gumi I have also written off the op, see how he is kissing Gumi butt and speaking mindless grammar. Sad how people would follow a man down the rabbit hole because he says something to tickle his fancy. Sad desperation.

You that support failure, nepotism and the killing and kidnappings by herdsmen nko?

Abeg don't make me laugh? Listen to Gumi's preaching and allow your conscience to be touched before God writes you off..

4 Likes

Re: Video: Sheikh Ahmad Gumi Asks Buhari To Sit Up Or Resign by vedaxcool(m): 5:01am On Jun 10, 2018
[s]
LRNZH:

When he was castigating Jonathan before the 2015 elections you people agreed with him. Now nobody takes him serious because Buhari is involved. People who tell the truth are never popular.

The Sheikh's conacience is clear because he has said It as it is.

It is you who is double faced that will be judged whether you're being fair about both Jonathan and Buhari's performance.
[/s]

During the same elections he actually told Buhari not to contest. That most of you cannot live beyond 2015 elections shouldn't become an albatross upon which commonsense is hanged. By the way common sense lesson, that you agreed with someone once does not make you duty bound to agree with every time.
Re: Video: Sheikh Ahmad Gumi Asks Buhari To Sit Up Or Resign by FriendNG: 5:03am On Jun 10, 2018
vedaxcool:

Anything against Buhari is a welcome development to them.

For the record Gumi support Yar'adua in 2007.

He did not support Buhari in 2011.

He ask Buhari not to contest in 2015.

So what's new about his words. I am sure the op dont even know the above I listed. But since it's against Buhari he has to go specially and commend the sheikh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Video: Sheikh Ahmad Gumi Asks Buhari To Sit Up Or Resign by fiizznation: 5:05am On Jun 10, 2018
FriendNG:

Nothing intelligent about Gumi. He didn't even sit down and learn what he is suppose to learn from his late father. Ask me and you will hear more.
Haha!!! You can't call a doctor an unintelligent person. Sheikh Gumi is respected, I respect him too. But his political views, that is what people don't share with him. Even from your post, one can see that you also share same political views with him.

When things bothers on religious teachings(Quran, hadith, tafsir, fik'u, etc), we can't just wash away his Islamic knowledge on that.

Ramadan Mubarak!!!
Re: Video: Sheikh Ahmad Gumi Asks Buhari To Sit Up Or Resign by vedaxcool(m): 5:07am On Jun 10, 2018
[s]
LRNZH:

You that support failure, nepotism and the killing and kidnappings by herdsmen nko?

Abeg don't make me laugh? Listen to Gumi's preaching and allow your conscience to be touched before God writes you off..
[/s]

Read what you wrote and tell me where any semblance of intelligence is captured in it? Chanting Gumi like it is the name of your logic does you no good, think and free yourself from mental slavery imposed by the thieves who have deprived you of a decent living.
Re: Video: Sheikh Ahmad Gumi Asks Buhari To Sit Up Or Resign by LRNZH(m): 5:07am On Jun 10, 2018
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

During the same elections he actually told Buhari not to contest. That most of you cannot live beyond 2015 elections shouldn't become an albatross upon which commonsense is hanged. By the way common sense lesson, that you agreed with someone once does not make you duty bound to agree with every time.

Then you don't know me. Go and ask who was the general commander of Buhari/APC campaign on Nairaland before and after the 2015 general elections.

Just go through my posts from that period then come back let's talk reality.

My conscience is what I follow. What we campaigned for and brought upon Nigerians are not the same. I have repented.

3 Likes

Re: Video: Sheikh Ahmad Gumi Asks Buhari To Sit Up Or Resign by LRNZH(m): 5:09am On Jun 10, 2018
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

Read what you wrote and tell me where any semblance of intelligence is captured in it? Chanting Gumi like it is the name of your logic does you no good, think and free yourself from mental slavery imposed by the thieves who have deprived you of a decent living.

The truth is always bitter so I'm not surprised by your reaction. But we will stick with honesty, justice and accountability which Buhari has lost long time ago.

3 Likes

Re: Video: Sheikh Ahmad Gumi Asks Buhari To Sit Up Or Resign by FriendNG: 5:09am On Jun 10, 2018
fiizznation:
Haha!!! You can't call a doctor an unintelligent person. Sheikh Gumi is respected, I respect him too. But his political views, that is what people don't share with him. Even from your post, one can see that you also share same political views with him.

When things bothers on religious teachings(Quran, hadith, tafsir, fik'u, etc), we can't just wash away his Islamic knowledge on that.

Ramadan Mubarak!!!

A person who put other teachings above that of Hadith of Bukhari, Muslims etc is void of Islamic intelligence. I cannot even listen to his tafseer or lecture. Even other Jibwis ulama have on terms distance themselves from his teachings. You can check Albany view on him also.

He is a medical doctor but I don't think a practicing 1.

He has the knowledge but he is not intelligent. Know intelligent person will make such a reckless statement that God won't punish currupt politicians.
Re: Video: Sheikh Ahmad Gumi Asks Buhari To Sit Up Or Resign by vedaxcool(m): 5:13am On Jun 10, 2018
FriendNG:

Anything against Buhari is a welcome development to them.

For the record Gumi support Yar'adua in 2007.

He did not support Buhari in 2011.

He ask Buhari not to contest in 2015.

So what's new about his words. I am sure the op dont even know the above I listed. But since it's against Buhari he has to go specially and commend the sheikh.

This people are so funny. Most of this closet fanatics that hold the same man in contempt will be kissing and cuddling his feet like they even respect him grin grin grin politics on nairaland is always a sob story of desperate people. The same op who spent his entire life posting so called Fulani herdsmen killings have never for once posted the about how Tivs have been arrested with respect to the recent murder of 2 Reverend fathers. We know this people, they have no interest in the truth only how to lie and propagate tribalist hate all over the place.
Re: Video: Sheikh Ahmad Gumi Asks Buhari To Sit Up Or Resign by vedaxcool(m): 5:14am On Jun 10, 2018
[s]
LRNZH:

The trust is always bitter so I'm not surprised by your reaction. But we will stick with honesty, justice and accountability which Buhari has lost long time ago.
[/s]

Hate is the only logic you parade. Hate is always devoid of intelligence and logical reasoning.
Re: Video: Sheikh Ahmad Gumi Asks Buhari To Sit Up Or Resign by anibirelawal(m): 5:17am On Jun 10, 2018
The sheikh is just a political critics. He can say whatever thing he deem good or bad about any person, but that doesn't make him always right.
Re: Video: Sheikh Ahmad Gumi Asks Buhari To Sit Up Or Resign by LRNZH(m): 5:18am On Jun 10, 2018
FriendNG:

A person who put other teachings above that of Hadith of Bukhari, Muslims etc is void of Islamic intelligence. I cannot even listen to his tafseer or lecture. Even other Jibwis ulama have on terms distance themselves from his teachings. You can check Albany view on him also.

He is a medical doctor but I don't think a practicing 1.

I am sure that you will also attack Sheikh Dahiru Bauchi for not playing politics. These men follow their conscience and teachings are not not based on politics.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi Taps Moghalu As Nigeria’s Next President / Can Igbos Get This- Apc Will Only Lose Election In SE Or SS / APC Agrees That PDP Polled The Highest Number Of Votes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.