Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,817 members, 7,798,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

Please, Can Someone With B-tech Apply For M-sc In Any University In Nigeria? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please, Can Someone With B-tech Apply For M-sc In Any University In Nigeria? (1534 Views)

Replace HND With B.tech, Rector Appeals To FG / Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria / Think Twice Before Going For Masters Degree (m.sc) - Vincent Adeoba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please, Can Someone With B-tech Apply For M-sc In Any University In Nigeria? by Gozbrown(m): 5:18pm On Jun 10, 2018
Good pm guys.
pls, I would like to know if some one with a bachelor of technology degree can apply for a master's degree in the field of science in any university in Nigeria?
Re: Please, Can Someone With B-tech Apply For M-sc In Any University In Nigeria? by latonyn(m): 6:59pm On Jun 10, 2018
Very very well
I have B.Tech and doing my M.Sc with it now
Re: Please, Can Someone With B-tech Apply For M-sc In Any University In Nigeria? by thatigboman: 7:05pm On Jun 10, 2018
Gozbrown:
Good pm guys.
pls, I would like to know if some one with a bachelor of technology degree can apply for a master's degree in the field of science in any university in Nigeria?
o yes. Very very possible. U can even do MBA
Re: Please, Can Someone With B-tech Apply For M-sc In Any University In Nigeria? by Gozbrown(m): 9:19pm On Jun 10, 2018
latonyn:
Very very well I have B.Tech and doing my M.Sc with it now
wow, dats gud. I thought it was b-tech for m-tech and bsc for msc
Re: Please, Can Someone With B-tech Apply For M-sc In Any University In Nigeria? by Gozbrown(m): 9:19pm On Jun 10, 2018
latonyn:
Very very well I have B.Tech and doing my M.Sc with it now
Re: Please, Can Someone With B-tech Apply For M-sc In Any University In Nigeria? by Gozbrown(m): 9:23pm On Jun 10, 2018
thatigboman:
o yes. Very very possible. I can even do MBA
okay, does it also mean dat someone with bsc degree can apply for m-tech?
Re: Please, Can Someone With B-tech Apply For M-sc In Any University In Nigeria? by thatigboman: 9:57pm On Jun 10, 2018
Gozbrown:

oh yea. It is d same course. U have BTech because u studied in a university of technology (like me)
Re: Please, Can Someone With B-tech Apply For M-sc In Any University In Nigeria? by thatigboman: 10:01pm On Jun 10, 2018
Gozbrown:

noo. I have BTech in Maths/Computer Science. Can study MSc in any.
Infact, I have been offered Ma in Public Policy. Just work didn't allow me to go.
U can study any science oriented course in masters, without doing Pgd. Check postgraduate prospectus.
Re: Please, Can Someone With B-tech Apply For M-sc In Any University In Nigeria? by DBright123(m): 1:01am On Jun 11, 2018
Yes you can. BSc is same as BTech while MSc is same as MTech. The difference is the school where such degrees are obtained as highlighted above by one of the poster.
thatigboman:
oh yea. It is d same course. U have BTech because u studied in a university of technology (like me)

2 Likes

Re: Please, Can Someone With B-tech Apply For M-sc In Any University In Nigeria? by Alhajiemeritus: 4:59am On Jun 11, 2018
Gozbrown:

Sure na samething.
I have a Bsc, and I have a Mtech also.
Re: Please, Can Someone With B-tech Apply For M-sc In Any University In Nigeria? by Gozbrown(m): 8:41am On Jun 11, 2018
thatigboman:
noo. I have BTech in Maths/Computer Science. Can study MSc in any.
Infact, I have been offered Ma in Public Policy. Just work didn't allow me to go.
U can study any science oriented course in masters, without doing Pgd. Check postgraduate prospectus.
dats great. I just checked the entry requirement for m.sc in some universities in Nigeria.
Re: Please, Can Someone With B-tech Apply For M-sc In Any University In Nigeria? by Gozbrown(m): 8:44am On Jun 11, 2018
DBright123:
Yes you can. BSc is same as BTech while MSc is same as MTech. The difference is the school where such degrees are obtained as highlighted above by one of the poster.
dats good. before now, I heard institutions preferred bsc to b-tech since we have more schools that issue b.sc than b-tech
Re: Please, Can Someone With B-tech Apply For M-sc In Any University In Nigeria? by Gozbrown(m): 8:46am On Jun 11, 2018
Alhajiemeritus:
Sure na samething.
I have a Bsc, and I have a Mtech also.
most persons with bsc normally go for MSC. I would like to know why you went for M-tech.
Re: Please, Can Someone With B-tech Apply For M-sc In Any University In Nigeria? by Alhajiemeritus: 8:56am On Jun 11, 2018
Gozbrown:

most persons with bsc normally go for MSC. I would like to know why you went for M-tech.
Lol
The school I did my MTech is a University of Technology(that's why).
Same course.
Re: Please, Can Someone With B-tech Apply For M-sc In Any University In Nigeria? by Alhajiemeritus: 8:56am On Jun 11, 2018
Gozbrown:

dats good. before now, I heard institutions preferred bsc to b-tech since we have more schools that issue b.sc than b-tech
you heard wrong
Re: Please, Can Someone With B-tech Apply For M-sc In Any University In Nigeria? by Gozbrown(m): 10:32am On Jun 11, 2018
Alhajiemeritus:
Lol The school I did my MTech is a University of Technology(that's why). Same course.
okay, now I understand
Re: Please, Can Someone With B-tech Apply For M-sc In Any University In Nigeria? by beulaho: 11:39am On Jun 11, 2018
Yes you can. Meanwhile have you heard ETX.NG? they enable the request, transfer and delivery of transcript from higher educational institutions within and outside the country through ETX collaboration with exchanges in other parts of the world.
Re: Please, Can Someone With B-tech Apply For M-sc In Any University In Nigeria? by Gozbrown(m): 12:19pm On Jun 11, 2018
beulaho:
Yes you can. Meanwhile have you heard ETX.NG? they enable the request, transfer and delivery of transcript from higher educational institutions within and outside the country through ETX collaboration with exchanges in other parts of the world.
dat means u won't get ur transcript from ur university, they Will do it for you, ryt?

(1) (Reply)

Download All NOUN Course Materials For The Current Session With Just A Click / List Of School's That Accept JUPEB / Education Is For Learning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.