Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

Does God Tell Us Who to Marry? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Tell Us Who to Marry? (35065 Views)

Job 22:28: Did God Tell Us To Decree And Declare When We Pray? / As A Christian, Does God Tell Us Who To Marry? / Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does God Tell Us Who to Marry? by olmoRoc: 12:31pm On Jun 11, 2018
Two so-called pastors told me I made a mistake throwing out my adulterous wife. Yes, they did. And when I asked them what was the essence of growing up as a Christian if I were to "accept her ways." Those were their words, "You should have accepted her ways because you were married." They didn't answer me questions. They just exchanged glances, which I interpreted to mean "This guy is a fool if he believed those things we preached to him."

I don't listen to any pastor, or prophet, and I've warned my family not to tell me pastor say this or that. Just imagine a pastor sending a message to me to engage in several days of dry fasting for no reason.
Re: Does God Tell Us Who to Marry? by M0ron: 2:04pm On Jun 11, 2018
olmoRoc:
Two so-called pastors told me I made a mistake throwing out my adulterous wife. Yes, they did. And when I asked them what was the essence of growing up as a Christian if I were to "accept her ways." Those were their words, "You should have accepted her ways because you were married." They didn't answer me questions. They just exchanged glances, which I interpreted to mean "This guy is a fool if he believed those things we preached to him."

I don't listen to any pastor, or prophet, and I've warned my family not to tell me pastor say this or that. Just imagine a pastor sending a message to me to engage in several days of dry fasting for no reason.

I should add that whenever pastors purport to question your choice of spouse they should explain.

To be honest ,those around us can sometimes clearly see us making bad decisions. It does not suffice to say NO,they should go ahead and explain why not.

As for you, pastors are responsible for their flock. They can’t watch you go wrong and look the other way. The whole point of submitting yourself to a Pastor is for leadership. What they normally do is they call a couple having issues and try to counsel them.
Re: Does God Tell Us Who to Marry? by olowobaba10: 2:09pm On Jun 11, 2018
Candypot:
Nawa for u ooo, after this i wont reply again.. Marrying ones cousin wasnt a taboo their culture laws then, that is wt is reigning as at dat time..buh nw society, culture frowns at it.. God is nt a God of confusion, he will never giv u ur cousin as ur missing ribs...

HMMM, THIS DISCUSSION IS GETTING INTERESTING, HOW I WISH IT'S ON WHATSAPP, I'M NOT ALWAYS HERE . YOU MENTIONED ISAAC , SO HOW MANY MISSING RIBS HAD JACOB HIS SON, AND THEN DAVID, SOLOMON ETC , YOU ARE MY TUTOR , YAAN ME SMALL. smiley
Re: Does God Tell Us Who to Marry? by Chigold101(m): 4:08pm On Jun 11, 2018
Toks2008:

I give every one attention but it just baffles me when I see people rewrite what I wrote and some will even use fulgal words yet all they write is exactly what I wrote.

It was clear in my write up

1.God still tells us who to marry but when he does it is usually a tough one to accept.

For instance...i love curvy chics like kilode but if GOD chooses a lanky lady for me...trust me I will cry as I say YES Lord
But how can I see a sweet curvy chic which is what I want and I go to her to say "GOD SAID"?

I only pointed out the hypocrisy behind those words "GOD SAID YOU ARE THE ONE" by some people...
first of all, I don't understand what is fulgal...

Secondly, the first 4 pragraghs of your write-up destroyed what ever point that came after because those ones actually sound like after thought.

That why I responded the way I did and talking about difficulty in doing what God says is "normal" it doesn't happen only in marriage. It has never been easy for anyone to do God's will.

So I didn't consider it something to respond to.

Now look at what those those that has been responding is writing. Check how many of them that doesn't Base thier response on the hypocrisy side of your write up.

The point is this... Your opening paragraphs betrayed what you have in mind...

Thanks
Re: Does God Tell Us Who to Marry? by Toks2008(m): 4:41pm On Jun 11, 2018
Chigold101:
first of all, I don't understand what is fulgal...

Secondly, the first 4 pragraghs of your write-up destroyed what ever point that came after because those ones actually sound like after thought.

That why I responded the way I did and talking about difficulty in doing what God says is "normal" it doesn't happen only in marriage. It has never been easy for anyone to do God's will.

So I didn't consider it something to respond to.

Now look at what those those that has been responding is writing. Check how many of them that doesn't Base thier response on the hypocrisy side of your write up.

The point is this... Your opening paragraphs betrayed what you have in mind...

Thanks

It is always a good thing to counter holistically and not just carve out a portion.

Have a great day.
Re: Does God Tell Us Who to Marry? by ERCROSS(m): 4:49pm On Jun 11, 2018
Toks2008:
Many people have been decieved into terrible marriages or prevented from marrying a good spouse in the name of "My Pastor said" or "GOD said".

I believe there is so much hypocrisy surrounding this matter. Lets face it..how come people don't seek GOD's face or ask a pastor for confirmation if the prospective spouse is an extreme opposite of what they desire..?

How many educated ladies will bother to ask GOD or pastor to confirm if a known armed robber is the one should such woos for marriage?
How many Guys will go to GOD to confirm for them if a popular LovePeddler is the one? But often times we tend to fool ourselves going to a pastor or going to bother GOD to tell us if a seemingly desirous prospective partner comes our way and i tend to wonder.

In the entire scriptures, there were only two instances where GOD expressly gave a clear direction concerning choosing a spouse and in those two instances, it was a very difficult choice and that was when God commanded the prophet Hosea, “Go, take to yourself a wife of whoredom and have children of whoredom.Hosea 1:2. And the second instance was when GOD sked Joseph to marry Mary who was already pregnant.

GOD respects our freedom of choice and for the Christians, we are encouraged to be yoked with fellow Believers and as far as GOD is concerned, A man has the sole responsibility to find a wife and once he finds one and marries her, he obtains favour from GOD. Proverbs 18:22.

The summary of this piece is that we should stop deceiving ourselves by saying 'Prophet said, My pastor said, Alfa said...' because in the real sense, it is our mind telling us what we want to hear. You can rely on your intuition or peculiar signs that gives you confirmation but we should stop hiding behind those words 'GOD SAID'

As a man,it is your paramount duty to search so pray to GOD for guidance and as a lady, pray to GOD that the type of man you desire finds you.

Just as we can see from the scriptures,if GOD ever tells you to marry a certain person then it is most certain that the choice of spouse will be very difficult for you to accept and this is the way you will know that indeed, it is GOD's choice for you

I hope this makes sense.

@Angelina996
Re: Does God Tell Us Who to Marry? by manga5: 2:16am On Jun 12, 2018
NoToPile:

I just had to quote this

You are living in fornication and you expect to hear from God about who to marry shocked Iro ooo!!!

God said - Yes
Pastor/prophet/Church said - NO

Most of what people say is 'God said' is actually pastor said,I am not saying it's wrong to seek counsel from MOG but the principal conviction should come from YOU. This is why many are deceived by false prophets.

YOU should be sure it's God leading you into that marriage, it's easier if you have been making God part of your life and actions from the beginning listening to what he has to say about EVERYTHING(yes everything) but you have never asked for God's will about anything before in your life and now it's marriage you want him to communicate with you ( how will you even know how he speaks to you when you have not heared from him before)
It will take time oo. Infact when God speaks you may think it's your mind playing tricks because you are not used to it.

Now the fact that God said doesn't mean there won't be challenges, there will be infact the devil is out there to destroy Christian homes. They are even attacked more because once the family unit is stabilized it has a ripple effect on the children from a stable family and affects the society too.

The prayer of that family will keep them and they will overcome the challenges.
You are indeed a Christian, you have truly spoken well. May the Lord keep you standing to the end.
Re: Does God Tell Us Who to Marry? by NoToPile: 3:06pm On Jun 12, 2018
manga5:

You are indeed a Christian, you have truly spoken well. May the Lord keep you standing to the end.

Amen
Re: Does God Tell Us Who to Marry? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jun 15, 2018
Ikio:
U also play a big role becos GOD STOPPED giving man a wife after the case of adam and eve daht ur job but u must ask 4 GOD'S DIRECTION, Becos marriage is very complex and God won't make any decision for u.
God never stops matchmaking! Pray and Listen, God still speaks and that's if you are ready to hear. If you want God to reveal to you, He will, if you only want Him to direct you, He will and if you don't want Him in the equation at all, He will keep still. It all depends on what you want, Gracias.

1 Like

Re: Does God Tell Us Who to Marry? by Babyforever(f): 6:07am On Jul 27, 2018
Bollove

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Was Richer Than RCCG As Lecturer – Adeboye / Prophecy For Wizkid Musician / Asu Ekiye: Gospel Artistes Are Arrogant; Ninety-Nine Percent Of Them Are Poor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.