Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

‘I Sold My Baby To Raise Money For Her Siblings’ – Arrested Mother - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ‘I Sold My Baby To Raise Money For Her Siblings’ – Arrested Mother (10310 Views)

How I Sold My Brother Out To Be Killed - Lagos Cultist (Photo) / Suspected Ritualists, Two Siblings Arrested For Killing Man & Selling His Heart / Siblings Arrested For Kidnapping 88-Year-Old Father (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘I Sold My Baby To Raise Money For Her Siblings’ – Arrested Mother by sirlekzy: 5:51am On Jun 11, 2018

The Abia State Police Command has reportedly arrested a 22-year-old mother identified as Blessing Chukwu, who reportedly sold her baby.

The arrested mother who claimed she already has four children with no husband to cater for them, told the police that she sold her daughter to raise money to train her siblings. The lady who confessed to have been given N190,000 out of the N360, 000 that was paid for the illegal adoption of her baby, while the rest was used to settle her hospital bills, sold her baby girl after delivery in a private hospital in Okigwe, Imo State, three weeks ago.

Following the confession, one Dr Kelechi Omende and his wife, Euphemia, who allegedly facilitated the illegal adoption of the baby in their hospital were arrested. Punch reported that although Dr Omende denied knowledge of the illegal adoption in his hospital, his wife who claimed that the adoption followed due process said;

“One of the women that adopted the baby came with her file from the welfare saying l should inform her whenever there is a baby for adoption.

“When our patients complained that she could not take care of her baby, I called the welfare office to get someone to come and adopt the baby.”

Elizabeth Ukawa who wondered why they were arrested by the police, arguing that she went through the welfare office to adopt the baby, said she adopted the baby for her younger sister, Chinasa.

“I filled a form at the welfare office in Okigwe after explaining my sister’s condition to them. They later called me to come and adopt the baby and I paid N650, 000 for the baby. So, I do not even know why we are here,” she said.

Confirming the arrest of the suspects, the state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Anthony Ogbizi, said the suspects would be charged to court at the end of police investigation.

Source: http://www.lekzyloaded.com/news/i-sold-my-baby-to-raise-money-for-her-siblings-arrested-mother

1 Like

Re: ‘I Sold My Baby To Raise Money For Her Siblings’ – Arrested Mother by Viralkid: 6:33am On Jun 11, 2018
the level of poverty in Nigeria has become unbearable, it is because of this buhari..
I'm already scared of what the next four years may hold if he gets a second term.
Re: ‘I Sold My Baby To Raise Money For Her Siblings’ – Arrested Mother by Hector09(m): 6:40am On Jun 11, 2018
Everything in nigeria is illegal not that the baby was stoling or it adoption was through illegal way, this is how they do arrest boys at betting shops
Re: ‘I Sold My Baby To Raise Money For Her Siblings’ – Arrested Mother by Dumdumfashion(f): 6:47am On Jun 11, 2018
No husband or job and you are having the 5th baby. What were you thinking?

11 Likes

Re: ‘I Sold My Baby To Raise Money For Her Siblings’ – Arrested Mother by Valro(m): 7:10am On Jun 11, 2018
So how do u conclude on the right one to sell.
Re: ‘I Sold My Baby To Raise Money For Her Siblings’ – Arrested Mother by Jabioro: 7:52am On Jun 11, 2018
@22 she had four children..ok now.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Sold My Baby To Raise Money For Her Siblings’ – Arrested Mother by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:18am On Jun 11, 2018
sirlekzy:
Elizabeth Ukawa who wondered why they were arrested by the police, arguing that she went through the welfare office to adopt the baby, said she adopted the baby for her younger sister, Chinasa.

“I filled a form at the welfare office in Okigwe after explaining my sister’s condition to them. They later called me to come and adopt the baby and I paid N650, 000 for the baby. So, I do not even know why we are here,” she said.

how can someone adopt a baby FOR SOMEONE ELSE?! these people are mad!!!

5 Likes

Re: ‘I Sold My Baby To Raise Money For Her Siblings’ – Arrested Mother by Rucheen(m): 8:53am On Jun 11, 2018
Abia again

3 Likes

Re: ‘I Sold My Baby To Raise Money For Her Siblings’ – Arrested Mother by talk2archy: 11:28am On Jun 11, 2018
you no get shame

1 Like

Re: ‘I Sold My Baby To Raise Money For Her Siblings’ – Arrested Mother by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 11, 2018
Na dem

This is wickedness! After selling your mother for 50k, you also sold your child! grin grin

Awon omo olori pelebi you wicked sha!

Not to blame them sha, na their ways

A leopard will never change its skin

8 Likes

Re: ‘I Sold My Baby To Raise Money For Her Siblings’ – Arrested Mother by Vicjustice: 11:29am On Jun 11, 2018
22 years old with 5 children? Four previous children plus the sold baby... Abeg, tell me something else, nonsense!

3 Likes

Re: ‘I Sold My Baby To Raise Money For Her Siblings’ – Arrested Mother by Xisnin(m): 11:29am On Jun 11, 2018
Police are wicked, they just ruined someones chance of giving testimony of miraculous birth next sunday.
Whenever you see a story of a woman giving birth after 10,20 years, she likely bought the child.

3 Likes

Re: ‘I Sold My Baby To Raise Money For Her Siblings’ – Arrested Mother by Nobody: 11:30am On Jun 11, 2018
Igbo kwanu! You don do that thing again? Okay o.

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Sold My Baby To Raise Money For Her Siblings’ – Arrested Mother by Noblefreeman(m): 11:30am On Jun 11, 2018
I blame bihari for her actions, that's was how I was chewing boiled egg the other day and I noticed sand inside. Buhari has really finished this country
Re: ‘I Sold My Baby To Raise Money For Her Siblings’ – Arrested Mother by Celestyn8213: 11:30am On Jun 11, 2018
That's so sad. Too much suffering in the land.
Re: ‘I Sold My Baby To Raise Money For Her Siblings’ – Arrested Mother by Zico5(m): 11:30am On Jun 11, 2018
The norms of selling baby will never end in that region. I don't know why they have decided on that kind of business. They are ready for anything so far it will fetch money. I wonder where dignity has gone in our society.

4 Likes

Re: ‘I Sold My Baby To Raise Money For Her Siblings’ – Arrested Mother by anigold(m): 11:31am On Jun 11, 2018
Hmmm Nigeria is really a crazy country.. how can you adopt a baby for someone else,how are we sure the baby was not bought for rituals.. how can a lady give birth to 4children with no source of welfare for the kids.. some people making silly decision since 30BC..

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Sold My Baby To Raise Money For Her Siblings’ – Arrested Mother by tossie101(f): 11:31am On Jun 11, 2018
Hmm
Re: ‘I Sold My Baby To Raise Money For Her Siblings’ – Arrested Mother by abdul6211: 11:31am On Jun 11, 2018
Hmmmm... Okay
Re: ‘I Sold My Baby To Raise Money For Her Siblings’ – Arrested Mother by Nobody: 11:32am On Jun 11, 2018
Chaii
Re: ‘I Sold My Baby To Raise Money For Her Siblings’ – Arrested Mother by anigold(m): 11:32am On Jun 11, 2018
Xisnin:
Police are wicked, they just ruined someones chance of giving testimony of miraculous birth next sunday.
Whenever you see a story of a woman giving birth after 10,20 years, she likely bought the child.
not in all cases oo
Re: ‘I Sold My Baby To Raise Money For Her Siblings’ – Arrested Mother by nabegibeg: 11:34am On Jun 11, 2018
sirlekzy:

The Abia State Police Command has reportedly arrested a 22-year-old mother identified as Blessing Chukwu, who reportedly sold her baby.

The arrested mother who claimed she already has four children with no husband to cater for them, told the police that she sold her daughter to raise money to train her siblings. The lady who confessed to have been given N190,000 out of the N360, 000 that was paid for the illegal adoption of her baby, while the rest was used to settle her hospital bills, sold her baby girl after delivery in a private hospital in Okigwe, Imo State, three weeks ago.

Following the confession, one Dr Kelechi Omende and his wife, Euphemia, who allegedly facilitated the illegal adoption of the baby in their hospital were arrested. Punch reported that although Dr Omende denied knowledge of the illegal adoption in his hospital, his wife who claimed that the adoption followed due process said;

“One of the women that adopted the baby came with her file from the welfare saying l should inform her whenever there is a baby for adoption.

“When our patients complained that she could not take care of her baby, I called the welfare office to get someone to come and adopt the baby.”

Confirming the arrest of the suspects, the state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Anthony Ogbizi, said the suspects would be charged to court at the end of police investigation.

Source: http://www.lekzyloaded.com/news/i-sold-my-baby-to-raise-money-for-her-siblings-arrested-mother

Re: ‘I Sold My Baby To Raise Money For Her Siblings’ – Arrested Mother by IamAirforce1: 11:34am On Jun 11, 2018
Maybe she s going through hardship
Re: ‘I Sold My Baby To Raise Money For Her Siblings’ – Arrested Mother by Dareal90s(m): 11:35am On Jun 11, 2018
See dem, Igbo Amaka, Ugly people.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Sold My Baby To Raise Money For Her Siblings’ – Arrested Mother by Xisnin(m): 11:37am On Jun 11, 2018
anigold:
not in all cases oo
It happens in 99% of cases. In many cases, even the husband is in the dark because he is tricked with fake pregnancy while the real plan is to buy kids.
Re: ‘I Sold My Baby To Raise Money For Her Siblings’ – Arrested Mother by Houseofglam7(f): 11:40am On Jun 11, 2018
She's one helluva sick woman!
Re: ‘I Sold My Baby To Raise Money For Her Siblings’ – Arrested Mother by GavelSlam: 11:42am On Jun 11, 2018
Yet, I read where people were admonishing government for the school feeding programme in the East.

The woman is destitute and there are many more like her.

Social intervention schemes might alleviate such suffering.

3 Likes

Re: ‘I Sold My Baby To Raise Money For Her Siblings’ – Arrested Mother by Hotw: 11:45am On Jun 11, 2018
Funny people
Re: ‘I Sold My Baby To Raise Money For Her Siblings’ – Arrested Mother by OneCorner: 11:45am On Jun 11, 2018
Igbos trying to fill the first page so we wud not shout Igbo amaka

12 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police To Conduct Psychiatric Test On FSARS Officers / Woman Inserts 66 Wraps Of Narcotics In Private Part / Gunmen Kill Admission Seeker, Raze Osun Palace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.