Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,842 members, 7,806,373 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

Conflicting Reports On Woman That Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon On 3rd Mainland - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Conflicting Reports On Woman That Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon On 3rd Mainland (61947 Views)

The Man Who Jumped Into Lagoon On Third Mainland Bridge Was Dumped By Girlfriend / Boyfriend Of Married Woman Who Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon, Lands In Hospital.Video / A Lady Parks SUV And Jumps In Lagoon On 3rd Mainland Bridge, Lagos (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Conflicting Reports On Woman That Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon On 3rd Mainland by Jimyking(m): 1:02pm On Jun 11, 2018
An unidentified woman on Sunday plunged into the lagoon on 3rd Mainland, in Lagos.

There are however, conflicting accounts as to how the incident happened. A version of the account said that the woman was a passenger in an UBER car, driving inward Lagos Island, when she told the driver to stop.

Thereafter, she reportedly alighted from the vehicle, crossed the road and plunged into the lagoon. Another version had that the deceased was a man, who parked his Ford Explorer car on top of the 3rd Mainland bridge and plunged into the lagoon. Picture of the vehicle with plate number APP 190 CE went viral on social media yesterday.

When contacted, spokesman for the Lagos State Police Command, Chile Oti, confirmed the incident saying:

“When the information reached the Commissioner of Police, Imohimi Edgal, he directed rescue team comprising policemen from the Marine Police, the Rapid Response Squad, RRS and those from the three divisions around the area: Adeniji Adele, Oworoshoki and Adekunle divisions. The Police rescue team are still at work as I speak, in collaboration with agencies like the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, LASEMA, Lagos State Traffic Management Authority, LASTMA the Lagos State State Ambulance Service and the Federal Road Safety Corp personnel . So far, they have not succeeded in recovering the body. Any development on it will be communicated to the public.”

READ MORE: https://epopafrica.com/more-details-emerge-on-woman-that-jumped-into-lagos-lagoon-photos/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Conflicting Reports On Woman That Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon On 3rd Mainland by thesicilian: 1:04pm On Jun 11, 2018
Life's too hard in this country.

25 Likes

Re: Conflicting Reports On Woman That Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon On 3rd Mainland by Emmanuel602(m): 3:32pm On Jun 11, 2018
thesicilian:

I swear to God... Sometimes I'll just reason my life and start crying

128 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Conflicting Reports On Woman That Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon On 3rd Mainland by babeosisi: 4:00pm On Jun 11, 2018
from now on no vehicle should drop off anyone on that bridge.If they say stop,just speed by and drop them somewhere else where they can nolonger hear the voice of mammywater calling them.

sad story

222 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Conflicting Reports On Woman That Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon On 3rd Mainland by rex444(m): 4:03pm On Jun 11, 2018
How can we allow these so called corrupt politicians predict the fate of millions in this country? They use the poor virtually for everything but cannot allow them equal right n freedom

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Conflicting Reports On Woman That Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon On 3rd Mainland by Khd95(m): 4:06pm On Jun 11, 2018
babeosisi:
from now on no vehicle should drop off anyone on that bridge.If they say stop,just speed by and drop them somewhere else where they can nolonger hear the voice of mammywatermammybuhari calling them.

sad story

114 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Conflicting Reports On Woman That Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon On 3rd Mainland by babeosisi: 4:09pm On Jun 11, 2018
lol@ mamybuhari calling them

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Conflicting Reports On Woman That Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon On 3rd Mainland by onatisi(m): 4:09pm On Jun 11, 2018
thesicilian:
this isnt a case of someone poor committing suicide, the victim vehicle cost millions of naira so this goes beyond a case of a poverty person. most likely depression which can be as a result of many factors .

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conflicting Reports On Woman That Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon On 3rd Mainland by nelsonebby(m): 4:17pm On Jun 11, 2018
Jimyking:
An unidentified woman on Sunday plunged into the lagoon on 3rd Mainland, in Lagos.

There are however, conflicting accounts as to how the incident happened. A version of the account said that the woman was a passenger in an UBER car, driving inward Lagos Island, when she told the driver to stop.

Thereafter, she reportedly alighted from the vehicle, crossed the road and plunged into the lagoon. Another version had that the deceased was a man, who parked his Ford Explorer car on top of the 3rd Mainland bridge and plunged into the lagoon. Picture of the vehicle with plate number APP 190 CE went viral on social media yesterday.

When contacted, spokesman for the Lagos State Police Command, Chile Oti, confirmed the incident saying:

“When the information reached the Commissioner of Police, Imohimi Edgal, he directed rescue team comprising policemen from the Marine Police, the Rapid Response Squad, RRS and those from the three divisions around the area: Adeniji Adele, Oworoshoki and Adekunle divisions. The Police rescue team are still at work as I speak, in collaboration with agencies like the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, LASEMA, Lagos State Traffic Management Authority, LASTMA the Lagos State State Ambulance Service and the Federal Road Safety Corp personnel . So far, they have not succeeded in recovering the body. Any development on it will be communicated to the public.”

READ MORE: https://epopafrica.com/more-details-emerge-on-woman-that-jumped-into-lagos-lagoon-photos/
go back to school

1 Like

Re: Conflicting Reports On Woman That Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon On 3rd Mainland by pafo(m): 4:45pm On Jun 11, 2018
When something like this happens, we are too quick to point fingers at depression. Village people are now masquerading under the pretense of depression. Village people that can call person from a shrine in Ogun and he will answer in Europe immediately.

They can call a living person to the land of the dead in the blink of an eye.

They can remote control person as they see fit from the convenience of a room.

Even though I am a practical person in all ramifications, I still fear village people o.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Conflicting Reports On Woman That Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon On 3rd Mainland by thesicilian: 4:55pm On Jun 11, 2018
onatisi:

this isnt a case of someone poor committing suicide, the victim vehicle cost millions of naira so this goes beyond a case of a poverty person. most likely depression which can be as a result of many factors .
Life's hard for all of us bro, both rich and poor.
But from updates coming up so far, the woman actually doesn't deserve to be pitied.

1 Like

Re: Conflicting Reports On Woman That Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon On 3rd Mainland by Fuadeiza(m): 5:05pm On Jun 11, 2018
Suicide is never a good option..

You'd take the pain away from yourself though, but the people around you will be the one to bear it,.. don't be selfish.. cry

1 Like

Re: Conflicting Reports On Woman That Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon On 3rd Mainland by onatisi(m): 5:24pm On Jun 11, 2018
really ? please fill us in
thesicilian:

Life's hard for all of us bro, both rich and poor.
But from updates coming up so far, the woman actually doesn't deserve to be pitied.

1 Like

Re: Conflicting Reports On Woman That Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon On 3rd Mainland by oshe11: 5:26pm On Jun 11, 2018
Chaaaaiiii

Na so She/He take miss the World Cup

11 Likes

Re: Conflicting Reports On Woman That Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon On 3rd Mainland by itiswellandwell: 5:27pm On Jun 11, 2018
We are waiting for the new development.

Very cheap and you might be interested www.nairaland.com/4543541/neat-samsung-s7-edge-4gb

1 Like

Re: Conflicting Reports On Woman That Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon On 3rd Mainland by dermmy(m): 5:28pm On Jun 11, 2018
Do we have professional divers in Nigeria?

4 Likes

Re: Conflicting Reports On Woman That Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon On 3rd Mainland by enemyofprogress: 5:28pm On Jun 11, 2018
thesicilian:
especially under this man called buhari. God punish anybody wey vote for an in 2019

10 Likes

Re: Conflicting Reports On Woman That Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon On 3rd Mainland by excomarow(m): 5:29pm On Jun 11, 2018
bloggers

itiswellandwell:
We are waiting for the new development.

Very cheap and you might be interested www.nairaland.com/4543541/neat-samsung-s7-edge-4gb
Re: Conflicting Reports On Woman That Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon On 3rd Mainland by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jun 11, 2018
angry
Re: Conflicting Reports On Woman That Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon On 3rd Mainland by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jun 11, 2018
MAAMI WATER HAS TAKEN HER BODY
Re: Conflicting Reports On Woman That Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon On 3rd Mainland by Johnson5258: 5:30pm On Jun 11, 2018

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Conflicting Reports On Woman That Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon On 3rd Mainland by elninosanz: 5:30pm On Jun 11, 2018
It can't be an UBER rider. In Nigeria, UBER does not allow SUV's. To be registered on Uber, the car must be a saloon car.

7 Likes

Re: Conflicting Reports On Woman That Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon On 3rd Mainland by Realboygenius(m): 5:30pm On Jun 11, 2018
Nairalanders
Please i am competiting for the face of Laspo Alive in my school Lagos State Polytechnic.
I want you guys to kindly vote for me through the Instagram link below. By liking my picture.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjzmmcdFFXU/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1wkbbfvem9rkt

I'm counting on you guys thanks.

1 Like

Re: Conflicting Reports On Woman That Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon On 3rd Mainland by DIYhackers: 5:31pm On Jun 11, 2018
Money doesn't give peace of mind, the source of the money matters and even village people too. Na make God dey protect us from evil

Check my signature now to learn blogging
Re: Conflicting Reports On Woman That Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon On 3rd Mainland by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jun 11, 2018
Jimyking:
The Police rescue team are still at work as I speak, in collaboration with agencies like the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency

Which work be that na fish dem wan rescue grin grin Naija ooo

1 Like

Re: Conflicting Reports On Woman That Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon On 3rd Mainland by Oreofepeters: 5:31pm On Jun 11, 2018
life is hard in Nigeria and the future itself is blurry
Re: Conflicting Reports On Woman That Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon On 3rd Mainland by mejai(m): 5:33pm On Jun 11, 2018
picture of d woman diving in or I no believe am

1 Like

Re: Conflicting Reports On Woman That Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon On 3rd Mainland by KrystosCJ(m): 5:33pm On Jun 11, 2018
Find the Uber driver, if this is also true.

@beremx told us earlier that it was a woman who was guilt-ridden beyond redemption after it was discovered that her hubby performed a paternity test and found out that the three kids that called him father were not actually his biological children.

Run the license plate and we should be able to unravel the "true" story.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Conflicting Reports On Woman That Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon On 3rd Mainland by nkul: 5:33pm On Jun 11, 2018
people are suffering and depressed. people started committing suicide at an alarming rate when PMB came into power. in the past regime, Nigerians were the happiest people in the world..but hardship has changed all that

2 Likes

Re: Conflicting Reports On Woman That Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon On 3rd Mainland by Olatundeblogs: 5:33pm On Jun 11, 2018
She was murdered

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Soldiers Brutalise Woman For Challenging Them For Slapping Her Brother (Graphic) / JA Akobi Shot Dead (CEO Akobi Enterprises) Graphic Photos / Notorious Robber Known As'vampire' Arrested By Security Operative In Imo(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.