Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,386 members, 7,800,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:40 AM

What's Wrong With Nl Gaming Section - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / What's Wrong With Nl Gaming Section (7085 Views)

What Is Wrong With My PS3? / What Is Wrong With My PES Mobile Andriod? / Psp/ps Vita/android/ios/switch/3ds/shield Consoles Gaming Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

What's Wrong With Nl Gaming Section by TheBulusNotes(m): 4:48pm On Jun 11, 2018
Why is it that nl gaming so quiet and outdated

This thing always baffles me, are Gamers avoid the thread ne

Why is everyone so quiet and old topics.... Come on its E3 already and no new posts on games ga shocked

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Wrong With Nl Gaming Section by okwabayi(m): 12:29am On Jun 12, 2018
Start posting topics there and see if people will respond.
There was an experienced member there who deals with pc gaming and accessories. I don't know if he still posts but he gave very good advice especially to average pc users willing to test games out.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's Wrong With Nl Gaming Section by LZAA: 2:21pm On Jun 12, 2018
[quote author=TheBulusNotes post=68384470]Why is it that nl gaming so quiet and outdated

Why is everyone so quiet and old topics.... Come on its E3 already and no new posts on games ga shocked[/quote
]
We aint laddie
Lemme give u an e.g(lol)
In my area i'm the only one with an active psn(even at that i had to put my loc at usa)
Xbox is more naija friendly but how many peeps can shell out money on both ps and xbox laddie(mirmir voice lol)
So yea we still have mad limitations on gaming(ie articles,awareness etc)
It will change soon tho
Re: What's Wrong With Nl Gaming Section by okwabayi(m): 6:18pm On Jun 12, 2018
Here's a proper question: why is it nobody in the gaming section has discussed Protein Folding @Home for the PS3? It seems they only use their gaming hardware to play PES and of recent FIFA.

3 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With Nl Gaming Section by TheBulusNotes(m): 8:09pm On Jun 12, 2018
The thing is really paining me hard...

Even phone section is more active than this

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Wrong With Nl Gaming Section by Mckandre(m): 7:05am On Jun 15, 2018
game no dey pay i guess, its only those wey chop belle full dey play upandan. Folks re thinking money nowadays, anything wey u do now in naija wey no dey pay u na stupidity dey worry the pson. wink

14 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With Nl Gaming Section by Thegamingorca(m): 8:40am On Jun 17, 2018
Mckandre:
game no dey pay i guess, its only those wey chop belle full dey play upandan. Folks re thinking money nowadays, anything wey u do now in naija wey no dey pay u na stupidity dey worry the pson. wink

You must be a fool
Re: What's Wrong With Nl Gaming Section by Mckandre(m): 9:14am On Jun 17, 2018
Thegamingorca:

You must be a fool
like the bombaclat that gave birth to u? sad

9 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With Nl Gaming Section by temitimx19(m): 12:47pm On Jun 17, 2018
Mckandre:
You think game no dey pay grin. Gaming na for leisure, not a full time work. We have many gamers on NL, just that they hardly post anything on NL
Re: What's Wrong With Nl Gaming Section by Mckandre(m): 8:34pm On Jun 17, 2018
temitimx19:

You think game no dey pay grin. Gaming na for leisure, not a full time work. We have many gamers on NL, just that they hardly post anything on NL
i know bro, people hardly spend time on leisures these days and that's why game folks hardly update or create threads, they rather spend some few moments alone with their games than going further in writing articles nd beating themselves up talking games in gaming community all in the name of leisure. In developed nations where things are balanced; you see families engage in full-time gaming because they make a living out of it. u hardly see such in Nigeria, to me i think our culture nd upbringing made the gaming lifestyle what it is today. an average Nigerian pson would tag gaming a time waster which has nothing to offer them because to him its only through education that one can make a decent living.

4 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With Nl Gaming Section by MobileGees: 10:07pm On Jun 17, 2018
This exactly was my thought, WHAT EXACTLY IS HAPPENING.

lalasticlala, Seen, Cao, Mynd44 all the mods should find a way to fix this
Re: What's Wrong With Nl Gaming Section by MobileGees: 10:07pm On Jun 17, 2018
lalasticlala
Re: What's Wrong With Nl Gaming Section by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jun 21, 2018
TheBulusNotes:
Why is it that nl gaming so quiet and outdated

Why is everyone so quiet and old topics.... Come on its E3 already and no new posts on games ga shocked

WE this year sucked so much arse it was unbelievable
Re: What's Wrong With Nl Gaming Section by nelsonebby(m): 12:43am On Jun 26, 2018
I became older and then responsibilities set in. grin

4 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With Nl Gaming Section by crafteck(m): 3:59am On Jun 26, 2018
Thegamingorca:

You must be a fool

For stating the obvious?

2 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With Nl Gaming Section by Kyllahmc(m): 7:00pm On Jun 27, 2018
Mckandre:
No be only you be hustler... We all are. But what are you hustling for? When you get the money you use it to feed, put shelter over yourself and your love ones, get clothes and other things to make you look good and HAPPY...
You see? At the end of it all.. happiness is all that we need... Money is just an "ordinary paper" which gets us the things that gets us HAPPINESS.

2 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With Nl Gaming Section by festwiz(m): 4:39pm On Jun 28, 2018
Gaming in Nigeria, especially PC, is still in it's infantile stages. A good deal of PC gamers in Nigeria have medium specced PC's at best (myself included). A good laptop/desktop is quite pricey, say an i7 8th gen and a gtx 1050 can cost from 450k plus.

Hence, most "gamers" in Nigeria settle for 2GB GTX 930M and an i5 6th but the average in Nigeria is integrated graphics and 4GB of RAM. LOL grin

Plus, there is the issue of internet connectivity and purchasing games. It's hard to find Nigerian players on PUBG and CS:GO cause, well $30 to pay for it and unlimited data to download it?? WTH? shocked

And many others.

6 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With Nl Gaming Section by Lana1(m): 12:34am On Jun 29, 2018
festwiz:
Gaming in Nigeria, especially PC, is still in it's infantile stages. A good deal of PC gamers in Nigeria have medium specced PC's at best (myself included). A good laptop/desktop is quite pricey, say an i7 8th gen and a gtx 1050 can cost from 450k plus.

Hence, most "gamers" settle for 2GB GTX 930M and an i5 6th but the average in Nigeria is integrated graphics and 4GB of RAM. LOL grin
Errr....no!!! As far as laptops go, if u buy a gtx 1050 laptop (even desktop sef) for 450k, u deserve to be flogged! With this amount u can get a 1070 maybe even a 1080 max q if u know what u're looking for! Gtx 1050's are the cheapest on the market and Asus even just released one that goes for like 250k.
Lol. 450k for gtx 1050 pc? Abeg no talk am outside.

Plus, there is the issue of internet connectivity and purchasing games. It's hard to find Nigerian players on PUBG and CS:GO cause, well $30 to pay for it and unlimited data to download it?? WTH? shocked

And many others.
I agree on internet connectivity. But purchasing games?? Nah! If u have money, buy it. If u dont have the money, save up and maybe wait for sales. There is summer sales currently on Steam.

NB: I have CS:GO and BF4. Just dont play them much these days because crappy PC sad

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Wrong With Nl Gaming Section by festwiz(m): 9:50am On Jun 29, 2018
Lana1:
Errr....no!!! As far as laptops go, if u buy a gtx 1050 laptop (even desktop sef) for 450k, u deserve to be flogged! With this amount u can get a 1070 maybe even a 1080 max q if u know what u're looking for! Gtx 1050's are the cheapest on the market and Asus even just released one that goes for like 250k.
Lol. 450k for gtx 1050 pc? Abeg no talk am outside..

sad

https://www./lenovo-lenovo-legion-y520-core-i7-7700hq-16gb-ram-2tb-hdd-256gb-ssd-1050ti-4gb-15.6-with-bagwireless-mouse16gb-flash-drive-10552305.html

That's a Y520 for 480k. It could be cheaper on Amazon though. Maybe by a 100k.
Re: What's Wrong With Nl Gaming Section by Yubee116: 10:28am On Jun 29, 2018
Lana1:
sad
Correct Guy grin. I got a gtx 1070 PC for about this price.
Re: What's Wrong With Nl Gaming Section by Lana1(m): 12:06pm On Jun 29, 2018
festwiz:

https://www./lenovo-lenovo-legion-y520-core-i7-7700hq-16gb-ram-2tb-hdd-256gb-ssd-1050ti-4gb-15.6-with-bagwireless-mouse16gb-flash-drive-10552305.html
Ur link is not opening.

That's a Y520 for 480k. It could be cheaper on Amazon though. Maybe by a 100k.

I never said a 1050 laptop cant cost up to 450k. All i'm implying is that if u buy a 1050/1050ti laptop for 450k, u ve wasted ur money.
There are many factors that make a laptop that expensive not just the gpu!
1. Ram: The higher the ram, the more expensive it'll get.
2. Display: Is it a 1080p display or a 4k display. 4k displays cost more.
3. Display refresh rate: Is it 60Hz, 120Hz or 144Hz?? The higher the refresh rate, the costlier it gets.
4. CPU: Most people will say all they want in their laptop is an i7. But did u know that an i5 could be faster than i7?? i5-8300H is slightly faster better and cheaper than an i7-770HQ. Still for gaming purposes, u are still better off with an i5-7300HQ and u'll still have enough juice to run Photoshop and other cpu intensive applications.
5. Storage: The more the size of the SSD, the higher the price. SSDs are one of the major factors that makes the price of a laptop sky rocket. Same goes for regular HDD. 7200rpm hdd is more expensive than the 5400rpm ones. Tho i've read an article that said there's not much difference in performance between a 5400rpm and a 7200rpm and considering the fact that the type of harddrive u use has zero effect on fps while gaming, then u're better off settling for a 5400rpm hdd.

Dont just go to Amazon or any of these online stores and check up prices of PCs. Take an in depth look at the specs as well.

6 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With Nl Gaming Section by Lana1(m): 12:50pm On Jun 29, 2018
Yubee116:

Laptop or Desktop?
Re: What's Wrong With Nl Gaming Section by festwiz(m): 3:26pm On Jun 29, 2018
[quote author=Lana1 post=68929623][/quote]

What would you call a good gaming configuration, cause the Y520 is a really good laptop. Building a PC could be less expensive, but most PC gamers, that I know, game on a laptop.

It's 2018. Let's get real. I assume you know the ridiculous requirements for ME:Andromeda @1080p. A basic gaming PC should have at least the 8th/7th gen i5, accepted. What about video memory? Cause looking at titles from E3 '17 and '18, 2GB dedicated vid memory will not just cut it. Heck, my old PC with Radeon 8670M could hardly handle WW2 at custom low - mid configurations at 720p.

Also, 16gb of RAM should be a base configuration for any PC gamer. 1080p resolution is more than enough IMO. If you take a look at the Y520 I talked about it pretty much covers my base configuration. SSD's can be done away with though.

What would you consider a basic gaming PC?
Re: What's Wrong With Nl Gaming Section by festwiz(m): 3:28pm On Jun 29, 2018
Yubee116:

shocked Send me link Abeg. I know guys that'd be interested in that sorta deal.
Re: What's Wrong With Nl Gaming Section by Lana1(m): 8:51pm On Jun 29, 2018
festwiz:

What would you call a good gaming configuration, cause the Y520 is a really good laptop. Building a PC could be less expensive, but most PC gamers, that I know, game on a laptop.
If u are on a budget, say between $800-$1000 then the best u should aim for should be:
1060 max-q or a 1060 (a 1050ti is not a bad option either)
i5 8300h or i7 7700hql
8 or 16 gb ram
a 1080p display @ 60 Hz (a 120Hz display if it falls within the price range)

It's 2018. Let's get real. I assume you know the ridiculous requirements for ME:Andromeda @1080p. A basic gaming PC should have at least the 8th/7th gen i5, accepted. What about video memory? Cause looking at titles from E3 '17 and '18, 2GB dedicated vid memory will not just cut it. Heck, my old PC with Radeon 8670M could hardly handle WW2 at custom low - mid configurations at 720p.
The recommended requirements for ME: Andromeda at 1080p is a 1060, and 16gb ram and any decent i5 or i7. Nothing ridiculous about that.

Also, 16gb of RAM should be a base configuration for any PC gamer. 1080p resolution is more than enough IMO. If you take a look at the Y520 I talked about it pretty much covers my base configuration. SSD's can be done away with though.

What would you consider a basic gaming PC?
For me my own ideal config is
gtx 1060
16gb ram
i5 8300h or i7 7700hq
1tb + 128/256gb ssd
1080p display @ 60Hz(preferably 120Hz)

But if money dey, then i no mind the MSI GS65 or the Gigabyte Aero 15X cool
Re: What's Wrong With Nl Gaming Section by Thegamingorca(m): 11:04pm On Jun 29, 2018
And lana is gone
Re: What's Wrong With Nl Gaming Section by Lana1(m): 9:51pm On Jun 30, 2018
Cao epp me un-hide my post. I dont know what's worrying that antispam bot
Re: What's Wrong With Nl Gaming Section by cao(f): 1:08am On Jul 01, 2018
Lana1:
Cao epp me un-hide my post. I dont know what's worrying that antispam bot
Done.
Re: What's Wrong With Nl Gaming Section by nelsonebby(m): 11:08am On Jul 01, 2018
Some people are just annoying in the forum angry

I decided to sell my ps4 and some idiots were attacking me because of the price i wanted to sell it.
Re: What's Wrong With Nl Gaming Section by StarBoyG: 2:56pm On Jul 01, 2018
Yes, I agree completely. Overseas, I know some rich boys who would spend $1000 on a gaming graphics card http://www.gamingreporter.com/top-5-best-gaming-graphics-cards-today/ . This is way too much what most of us have as complete gaming PCs.
festwiz:

Hence, most "gamers" settle for 2GB GTX 930M and an i5 6th but the average in Nigeria is integrated graphics and 4GB of RAM. LOL grin

And many others.
Re: What's Wrong With Nl Gaming Section by olaremint(m): 1:45am On Jul 04, 2018
tell me how u would have time for games, u go out in the am and come home at night, traffic all day, by the time u arrive back tired, there is no electricity. gaming Will be last on your mind

6 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With Nl Gaming Section by Dikko345(m): 1:49am On Jul 04, 2018
Lana1:

I agree on internet connectivity. But purchasing games?? Nah! If u have money, buy it. If u dont have the money, save up and maybe wait for sales. There is summer sales currently on Steam.

NB: I have CS:GO and BF4. Just dont play them much these days because crappy PC sad
My part list with a 3tb hdd and 1tb ssd, i7-7700K, 4 fans, a liquid cooler, a 1080Ti and 32gb of ddr4 ram tops out around 800k so buying or building a desktop with only a 1050 is outrages. Also mind that im planning on using this pc for about 5 years before i start upgrading parts.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4)

Xbox Live Online Community?. / Where In Computer Village, Ikeja Can I Get Pc Games For My Laptop / Whatsapp Group For Gamers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.