Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,772 members, 7,798,581 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Popular Tanzania Blogging Site Shuts Down Due To Tough New Rules - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Popular Tanzania Blogging Site Shuts Down Due To Tough New Rules (8765 Views)

Pls How Can I Get Rid Of This From My Blogging Site / Are You A Blogger Here Are Tips On How To Build Top Blogging Site / How Do I Start A Blogging Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Popular Tanzania Blogging Site Shuts Down Due To Tough New Rules by Chubhie: 4:49pm On Jun 11, 2018
A popular Tanzanian blogging site, Jamii Forums, has shut down following government enforcement of harsh new online content regulations.

The regulator, Tanzania Communication Regulatory Authority (TCRA), has disallowed publishing of online content without the necessary licences effective Monday June 11.
Bloggers have until June 15 to acquire licences, TCRA has said.

The rules require bloggers and online TV and radio to register their platforms, obtain a tax clearance certificate, and pay licence fees of up to $900.

They are also required to reveal details of their shareholders, citizenship of owners and share capital.

Digital activists and human rights watchdogs’ quest to block the implementation of the regulations fell through two weeks ago after they lost a court case challenging the government on what they termed as a crackdown on free speech.

Most bloggers in Tanzania are individuals without registered companies, making it difficult for them to meet the new regulations.

http://www.theeastafrican.co.ke/news/ea/Jamii-Forums-shut-down-Tanzania-online-content/4552908-4605912-format-xhtml-c8ffl7/index.html

5 Likes

Re: Popular Tanzania Blogging Site Shuts Down Due To Tough New Rules by fulaniHERDSman(m): 7:09am On Jun 12, 2018
The dulllard always learns from and competes with bad examples. Fingers crossed.

14 Likes

Re: Popular Tanzania Blogging Site Shuts Down Due To Tough New Rules by jerflakes(m): 7:09am On Jun 12, 2018
Ftc

You can't try that in Nigeria

Somehow, Nigeria is a sweet country

13 Likes

Re: Popular Tanzania Blogging Site Shuts Down Due To Tough New Rules by Mambox: 7:09am On Jun 12, 2018
Karibu Tanzania.

Karibu taifa wa HE John Joseph Pombe Magufuli.
Re: Popular Tanzania Blogging Site Shuts Down Due To Tough New Rules by TAGf(m): 7:10am On Jun 12, 2018
shocked
Re: Popular Tanzania Blogging Site Shuts Down Due To Tough New Rules by Funnystatus(m): 7:10am On Jun 12, 2018
We need that in Nigeria asap... Too much confusion caused by Nigeria bloggers by their fake and unreasonable news especially That BBN shit

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Popular Tanzania Blogging Site Shuts Down Due To Tough New Rules by Nobody: 7:10am On Jun 12, 2018
K
Re: Popular Tanzania Blogging Site Shuts Down Due To Tough New Rules by sydneyboss(m): 7:10am On Jun 12, 2018
grin
Re: Popular Tanzania Blogging Site Shuts Down Due To Tough New Rules by tokrizy: 7:10am On Jun 12, 2018
we NIGERIANS don't give a fvck about this news
Re: Popular Tanzania Blogging Site Shuts Down Due To Tough New Rules by stefanweeks: 7:10am On Jun 12, 2018
9ja bloggers

Be careful
Re: Popular Tanzania Blogging Site Shuts Down Due To Tough New Rules by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:11am On Jun 12, 2018
Good development

2 Likes

Re: Popular Tanzania Blogging Site Shuts Down Due To Tough New Rules by iamjavadem(m): 7:11am On Jun 12, 2018
If they try it in Nigeria, they will say it is witch hunt.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Popular Tanzania Blogging Site Shuts Down Due To Tough New Rules by eleojo23: 7:11am On Jun 12, 2018
Let Bubu and his people no try this o.

Because na this kind thing them dey like

7 Likes

Re: Popular Tanzania Blogging Site Shuts Down Due To Tough New Rules by muckross(m): 7:11am On Jun 12, 2018
Re: Popular Tanzania Blogging Site Shuts Down Due To Tough New Rules by olaniputu: 7:11am On Jun 12, 2018
Buhari is a criminal

1 Like

Re: Popular Tanzania Blogging Site Shuts Down Due To Tough New Rules by Nobody: 7:11am On Jun 12, 2018
Backward country. Diamond Platinumz, over to you.

1 Like

Re: Popular Tanzania Blogging Site Shuts Down Due To Tough New Rules by iwomen(f): 7:13am On Jun 12, 2018
No mercy given, no quota shown.
Re: Popular Tanzania Blogging Site Shuts Down Due To Tough New Rules by stano2(m): 7:14am On Jun 12, 2018
Rubbish
Re: Popular Tanzania Blogging Site Shuts Down Due To Tough New Rules by thedondada(m): 7:14am On Jun 12, 2018
jerflakes:
Ftc

I tell you they can only complain and spend money to block the sites which someone will steal so it won't work.

This is Nigeria
Re: Popular Tanzania Blogging Site Shuts Down Due To Tough New Rules by ednut1(m): 7:15am On Jun 12, 2018
We need such in nigeria. All these amagite,ebiwali, aprokogal go find beta work to do. Instead of spreading lies

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Popular Tanzania Blogging Site Shuts Down Due To Tough New Rules by piippa(m): 7:16am On Jun 12, 2018
This is the kind of news Lai Mohammed will like.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Popular Tanzania Blogging Site Shuts Down Due To Tough New Rules by crafteck(m): 7:16am On Jun 12, 2018
olaniputu:
Buhari is a criminal

6 Likes

Re: Popular Tanzania Blogging Site Shuts Down Due To Tough New Rules by Nobody: 7:16am On Jun 12, 2018
STUDENT: Sir can i have a question?
Teacher: Yes!
Student: how do u put an elephant inside a fridge?
Teacher: i dont know
Student: its easy you just open the fridge and put it in. I have another question!
Teacher: okay ask!
Student: how to put a donkey inside the fridge??
Teacher: It's easy you just open the fridge and put it in.
Student: No sir! You just open the fridge take out the elephant and put it in.
Teacher: ohhh.. Ok!
Student: let me ask another one, If all the animals went to the lion's birthday party, and one animal went missing which one would it be?
Teacher: the Lion ofcourse! Bcoz it wud eat all the animals.
Student: No sir, it is the donkey bcoz its still inside the fridge.
Teacher: are you kidding me?!
Student: no sir! One last question.
Teacher: ok!!
Student: If there's a river full of crocodiles and you wanted to cross, how would you?
Teacher: There's no way, i would need a boat to cross.
Student: No sir, you just swim and cross it bcoz all the animals went to the lion's birthday party!

14 Likes

Re: Popular Tanzania Blogging Site Shuts Down Due To Tough New Rules by Sanchez01: 7:16am On Jun 12, 2018
iamjavadem:
If they try it in Nigeria, they will say it is witch hunt.
It won't even see the light of day. Nearly 15% of Nigerians are bloggers.
Re: Popular Tanzania Blogging Site Shuts Down Due To Tough New Rules by slawomir: 7:18am On Jun 12, 2018
ok
Re: Popular Tanzania Blogging Site Shuts Down Due To Tough New Rules by phase1: 7:19am On Jun 12, 2018
APC will implement this when they win the 2019. Nigerians read my lips. Buhari will take away your right to free speech after 2019 if he wins. The level of tyranny in 2019 will be unprecedented as he will not need you for votes again.

Write it down.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Popular Tanzania Blogging Site Shuts Down Due To Tough New Rules by BAILMONEY: 7:19am On Jun 12, 2018
Funnystatus:
We need that in Nigeria asap... Too much confusion caused by Nigeria bloggers by their fake and unreasonable news especially That BBN shit
WE ALL KNOW THAT MUSLIMS HATE FREEDOM OF SPEECH

7 Likes

Re: Popular Tanzania Blogging Site Shuts Down Due To Tough New Rules by Offpoint: 7:21am On Jun 12, 2018
no comment

space for sale....
Re: Popular Tanzania Blogging Site Shuts Down Due To Tough New Rules by Hemjayy: 7:23am On Jun 12, 2018
Oh Dua Lipa, what have you done? grin
Re: Popular Tanzania Blogging Site Shuts Down Due To Tough New Rules by Jethrolite(m): 7:23am On Jun 12, 2018
jerflakes:
Ftc

Says who?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Quality, Reliable, Fast, Reseller Web Hosting 100℅ Uptime Guaranteed / How Does Adsense Works???...high Traffic High Pay? Or Depending On The Niche. / 6 Simple Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Blog In 5 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.