Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds - Pets (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds (63088 Views)

Police Officers Stopped By Two Rottweilers In Owerri (Video) / CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) / Diarry Of Capt. Muller (my DDR GSD) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by johnnyn1(m): 4:05pm On Jun 15, 2018
lordpherow98:

You're right
A puppy does the job perfectly

But I have a problem with Iris, she's so hostile. Barks at every moving thing, except me.

And pls how do I train her to walk calmly with me along the street? Always wanting to be dominant and keeps barking at every other road users, hence I barely allow her outside the gate.
Socialize her often..
She's gonna be Big time Guard dog.
Nice one bro
Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by lordpherow98(m): 4:57pm On Jun 15, 2018
johnnyn1:

Socialize her often..
She's gonna be Big time Guard dog.
Nice one bro

Thanks brother

1 Like

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 7:25pm On Jun 15, 2018
A couple of days after Spike returned home from the hospital having survived the dreaded Parvo, it was as if it suddenly dawned on him that his playmate, his sister, his girl, late Chelsea wasn't coming back. Spike was no longer himself again...much like when we lost Simba, Spike suddenly stopped eating and just wanted to lie down all day, taking only the occasional break to answer nature's call.

We knew this had happened once before...Spike wasn't sick...he was mourning the loss of a loved one, he felt lonely once again. After a day or two of treating him with nothing but love and support, he became more of the Spike we used to know, our Spike...jumping around the entire compound and consuming whatever we put in his feeding bowl.

Despite the fact that our Spike was back, we knew he needed company, we knew he needed to socialize more with his kind. The decision was made unanimously... we were going to get him company...not just one, but three!

Hence the addition of Chelsea, Czar and Bella to the family!

1 Like

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 9:01pm On Jun 15, 2018
Unlike the first three, Chelsea, Czar and Bella were raised indoors from the day they arrived. They never stepped a paw outside the house until they had completed all their shots and had ample time to build up their immunity.

They arrived at the peak of Parvo season, and then just weeks after the dreaded disease had creeped into our home and put out a rising star. We weren't going to take any more chances after the tragic loss of late Chelsea.

It wasn't an easy job at all cleaning up after the pups for months that often seemed like an eternity, but whenever I see how grown up and healthy they are now I tell myself it's a job I'd gladly do all over again if I had to...

See pics of Czar and Bella below...Czar doing his thing and Bella looking on...

1 Like

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by vincentjk(m): 9:56pm On Jun 15, 2018
Rany4all:
Unlike the first three, Chelsea, Czar and Bella were raised indoors from the day they arrived. They never stepped a paw outside the house until they had completed all their shots and had ample time to build up their immunity.

They arrived at the peak of Parvo season, and then just weeks after the dreaded disease had creeped into our home and put out a rising star. We weren't going to take any more chances after the tragic loss of late Chelsea.

It wasn't an easy job at all cleaning up after the pups for months that often seemed like an eternity, but whenever I see how grown up and healthy they are now I tell myself it's a job I'd gladly do all over again if I had to...

See pics of Czar and Bella below...Czar doing his thing and Bella looking on...

Awnn... What a family kiss
Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 11:06pm On Jun 15, 2018
vincentjk:

Awnn... What a family kiss
Thanks bro!
Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 6:36am On Jun 16, 2018
Good morning peeps! ...and wishing the Nigerian football team the best of luck today.

1 Like

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 6:51am On Jun 16, 2018
Bella becoming prettier by the day as she approaches her teenage years... kiss

4 Likes

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 11:30am On Jun 16, 2018
Below is Spike @ 8 months, gradually regaining his weight after surviving the scare of Parvo...looking closely at his front legs, you'd see areas where his hair was shaved so as to gain easy access to his veins for administration of injections and drips.

I call him the dog with 9 lives simply because he's a survivor. Several life threatening illnesses have come his way over the past year or so, but he's beaten them all.

He came down with same illness that put down our darling Simba, but emerged triumphant even as the Caucasian fell...he also succeeded in fighting off the beast that blotted out a shining light named Chelsea.

His name is Spike and he's here for the long haul...he is here to stay!

9 Likes

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 11:37am On Jun 16, 2018
More of Spike @ 8 months...

1 Like

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by cmecproblem(m): 3:16pm On Jun 16, 2018
Rany4all:
Below is Spike @ 8 months, gradually regaining his weight after surviving the scare of Parvo...looking closely at his front legs, you'd see areas where his hair was shaved so as to gain easy access to his veins for administration of injections and drips.

I call him the dog with 9 lives simply because he's a survivor. Several life threatening illnesses have come his way over the past year or so, but he's beaten them all.

He came down with same illness that put down our darling Caucasian, but emerged triumphant even as Simba fell...he also succeeded in fighting off the beast that blotted out a shining light named Chelsea.

His name is Spike and he's here for the long haul...he is here to stay!
I'm curious, do you ensure vaccinations are done every year against Parvo? I lost 2 rotts to parvo, almost made me hate the breed but I have had 3 more rotts no case of parvo they're all adults now over 3 years. It seems the yearly vaccinations is working for me.

1 Like

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 3:53pm On Jun 16, 2018
cmecproblem:

I'm curious, do you ensure vaccinations are done every year against Parvo? I lost 2 rotts to parvo, almost made me hate the breed but I have had 3 more rotts no case of parvo they're all adults now over 3 years. It seems the yearly vaccinations is working for me.
Their vaccinations are all up to date. My oldest dog, Spike, is just a year plus now, so non are yet due for the annual boosters.

The vaccines do not offer 100% protection, but definitely reduces the risk and makes the immune system of the dog strong enough to fight off the virus if indeed the dog eventually contacts the disease, as was the case with my rotts...Spike's was up to date, but late Chelsea's wasn't, or should I say not completed at that time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 5:22pm On Jun 16, 2018
Now it would seem that Chelsea is not getting featured as much as the others or worse still, that she's probably being neglected because she arguably wasn't as 'good looking' as the others when she arrived, but this is far from the truth. Unfortunately, the loss of pictures from my other phone affected Chelsea more than the others.

She'd definitely get her fair share of the limelight when the time comes. Until then, please bear with me as I continue to share pictures of the others...

2 Likes

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 5:42pm On Jun 16, 2018
wink
Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 5:43pm On Jun 16, 2018
Dogs are social animals...they are happiest in the company of their fellow dogs, their humans or even other animals.

When late Chelsea passed on, we were all Spike had left in this world and we did our best to make him feel loved and less lonely.

See below pictures of Spike @ 8 months sharing a moment with my boy...

5 Likes

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 9:12am On Jun 17, 2018
Bella @ just under 3 months with ears and snout stretching out and becoming more prominent... I call this stage of their growth the awkward-looking stage cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 11:29am On Jun 17, 2018
Happy fathers' day y'all!

1 Like

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 12:36pm On Jun 17, 2018
If you've been a dog owner for a while now I bet you must have witnessed some weird things from your pooches. Dogs do a lot of weird stuff that may freak out their humans, especially newbie owners.

I have witnessed Spike growl and bark in his sleep when he was much younger. Seeing this happen totally convinced me that dogs can also dream while sleeping.

I have also seen my young pups hump each other, I mean like Spike humping Simba (male humping male) or both Chelseas humping Spike (female humping male). Czar has also once attempted to hump my leg, but I stopped him immediately I realised what he was up to.

Another weird stuff I've seen was Czar eating his own poop or Bella's poop, sometimes even right out of her butt hole...gross right!

But of all the weird stuff our dogs get up to, the one that really takes the prize was Czar standing upright like a man, I mean on his 2 hind legs only, to wee and sometimes to poo...impossible right but not for my Czar!

See pictures of Czar @ 3 months below doing his award winning performance... grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by donshaize(m): 12:44pm On Jun 17, 2018
Rany4all:
If you've been a dog owner for a while now I bet you must have witnessed some weird things from your pooches. Dogs do a lot of weird stuff that may freak out their humans, especially newbie owners.

I have witnessed Spike growl and bark in his sleep when he was much younger. Seeing this happen totally convinced me that dogs can also dream while sleeping.

I have also seen my young pups hump each other, I mean like Spike humping Simba (male humping male) or both Chelseas humping Spike (female humping male). Czar has also once attempted to hump my leg, but I stopped him immediately I realised what he was up to.

Another weird stuff I've seen was Czar eating his own poop or Bella's poop, sometimes even right out of her butt hole...gross right!

But of all the weird stuff our dogs get up to, the one that really takes the prize was Czar standing upright like a man, I mean on his 2 hind legs only, to wee and sometimes to poo...impossible right but not for my Czar!

See pictures of Czar @ 3 months below doing his award winning performance... grin grin grin

Is this one not possessed bayi tongue

1 Like

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 12:55pm On Jun 17, 2018
donshaize:

Is this one not possessed bayi tongue
Hahahaha...bros I tire o grin

1 Like

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 2:48pm On Jun 17, 2018
So after a period of awkward growth when Bella was just all ears and snout, she gradually filled out again...and @ 3 and half months below, it's easy to see why she was named 'Bella' afterall... simply 'Beautiful!' kiss

2 Likes

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 9:43pm On Jun 17, 2018
I know some of you can't wait to see how 'ugly' Chelsea, the scrawny little girl with a deformed tail, turned out right? So here is a sneak peek at the girl that would never have arrived if we hadn't lost another...

Below is Chelsea @ 5 months plus flaunting her pretty backside and perfectly home-docked tail, with Spike @ almost 1 year secretly admiring her from a distance...

1 Like

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 10:35pm On Jun 17, 2018
Here again is Chelsea @ 5 and a half months looking good, with Spike @ 11 and half always admiring...

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 10:47pm On Jun 17, 2018
Can't stand the suspense right? Really wanna see Chelsea's face? Well tomorrow is yet another day...watch this space! tongue

Good night y'all!
Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by agboedeh: 10:48pm On Jun 17, 2018
Czar has also once attempted to hump my leg, but I stopped him immediately I realised what he was up to.

this is really funny........couldn't stop laughing
Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by agboedeh: 10:59pm On Jun 17, 2018
Rany4all:
Can't stand the suspense right? Really wanna see Chelsea's face? Well tomorrow is yet another day...watch this space! tongue

Good night y'all!
can't stand d suspense oo....... show us Chelsea's face, we protest....lol. good night
Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Dapsonemmanuel(m): 1:56am On Jun 18, 2018
remele2:

i don read ur write up over and over again... i swear, i no understand.
.. you no Sabi comprehend ni Jor .. make i delete am, I've gotten the answer I wanted
Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 7:13am On Jun 18, 2018
agboedeh:
Czar has also once attempted to hump my leg, but I stopped him immediately I realised what he was up to.

this is really funny........couldn't stop laughing
Hahahaha...nor be small tin o. The guy don even try am again recently...this time na my back e climb. If you see as I take jump up ehnnn! grin
Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 7:15am On Jun 18, 2018
agboedeh:
can't stand d suspense oo....... show us Chelsea's face, we protest....lol. good night
wink
Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 7:25am On Jun 18, 2018
Good morning viewers and posters on this thread! Hope your night was as good as mine.

Today is yet another beautiful day and since I left y'all hanging last night tongue, I think it's only fair that I kick start today with our girl Chelsea.

So sit back, grab a popcorn and enjoy the show!

1 Like

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Mckandre(m): 7:44am On Jun 18, 2018
Rany4all:

kai, this one na ogbanje. what if theirs no vertical surface to hold on to, does he stand on his own?

Re: Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds by Rany4all(m): 8:03am On Jun 18, 2018
So 'ugly' Chelsea, the girl that was once a source of concern when she first arrived, is now a source of joy. She has grown and developed into a spectacle of beauty and pride.

I guess all she needed to blossom was a little bit of TLC (tender loving care) cool

See picture below of Chelsea @ just 5 and a half months, and of course with Spike @ just under 1 year never far behind...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Please What Breed Of Dog Is This ? / Stray Dog Begs 2 Russian Men To Save Her Puppy Covered In Tar (Pictures, Video) / Dog Lovers And Owners Join EndSARS Protest In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.