Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:44 PM

Johnspeak Uwangue: How Not To Get Sacked From Your Workplace - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Johnspeak Uwangue: How Not To Get Sacked From Your Workplace (14108 Views)

"How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue / Johnspeak Uwangue: 4 Highly Profitable Talents And How They Work / Johnspeak Uwangue: How I Broke The Chain Of Stagnation In My Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Johnspeak Uwangue: How Not To Get Sacked From Your Workplace by MiddleDimension: 3:04pm On Jun 12, 2018
and for the politics thing, dont ignore that at all! dont decieve yourself saying ''oh, i just want to come here, do my job, mind my business and go''. he who refuses to play politics and at least hear some of the gossips going on, will only become a tool in the hands of others and can easilly be discarded.

1 Like

Re: Johnspeak Uwangue: How Not To Get Sacked From Your Workplace by qanda: 3:04pm On Jun 12, 2018
Here is a useful excerpt from an interview between Tony Robbins and Jay Abraham. If you find it insightful, Download Business/Career books from Q and A App. Q and A App is available for download on Google Playstore.

TR: Interesting. Let's come back again to the individual now. How does an
individual who doesn't own a business optimize or really build a Parthenon, if you
will, for their financial life, their business life and for their career?

JA: It's very simple -- the moment you believe it's simple. All you have to do is put
yourself in the position of your employer. Your employer is as scared as you are. Your
employer is a man or woman or a group of investors who have sunk enormous amounts
of capital into their businesses and are very eager to see that investment continue to pay
out. As soon as you help give them their outcome, they will love you, treasure you and
never want you to leave. How do you do that? By identifying greater and more effective
ways they can make their enterprise throw off greater profit. They can get more
customers from the action. Just doing the same thing I suggest that any business owner
do, but do it as a "de facto" business owner. Identify where they are and how you can
increase the unit of sale and the frequency of sale and other things you can do with
customers or with prospects who are inactive. When you have identified what those are,
go to your employer. You'll find that the moment you implement them, they bring such
an advantage to your business you may not want to necessarily reveal them to your
employer until you effect the right structure.

TR: I assume that means economic structure for your added value.
JA: That's right. I'm giving you both sides of the transaction in this interview. You go toyour employer and you make them a very simple proposition. You ask them if, on your
own time, you are able to identify, organize and implement, in the most conservative
manner, processes, mechanisms, and activities that will increase the amount of profitable
sales -- what kind of deal you could work out. Make sure they realize that they will
augment -- never supplant -- the business' normal activities. They will only bring
increased value.

TR: You are adding more pillars, not taking away what they're already doing,
which they are committed to and believe is the essence of their business.

JA: Right. If I can do that for my company, and if the activities make a lot of money, can
I get back a dime or a quarter for every dollar I make you? And if that's too rich, can I get
back a nickel or a dime? And if that's too rich, can I get back an extra $5,000 every time I
make the company "X" dollars for, and this is the key, as long as it keeps working?
Would you mind putting it in a simple letter for me, sir or ma'am, as the case may be.
The basic premise is presuming that you are going to bring things in. Think of it as a dual
value because you can export things, too. Case in point. Certain companies have their
manufacturing structure down where they get greater efficiency per hour or per manpower
or per hundred square feet. They get less waste. They have greater ways to do things.
They have greater tax advantages. You can take those techniques that are being used
internally and you can license or sell or rent those to other people.

TR: Give us an example.

I hope you find above excerpt useful. Download Business/Career books from Q and A App. Q and A App is available for download on Google Playstore.
Re: Johnspeak Uwangue: How Not To Get Sacked From Your Workplace by 7ola7(m): 3:21pm On Jun 12, 2018
I agree with you. Presently I am facing the challenge of talking too much. But I have learn my lesion in hard way.

2 Likes

Re: Johnspeak Uwangue: How Not To Get Sacked From Your Workplace by Gucciboss: 3:36pm On Jun 12, 2018
JohnspeakU:

- Keep Your Mouth Shut
People who always want to say it as they saw it or as they are feeling always die before their time. You might be loyal to your bosses but your mouth can betray your loyalty. If you want to keep your job you must be careful how you talk whether in public or private. Recently, a top editor in a top organization in Nigeria allowed his mouth to put him in trouble. Don't talk bad about your superiors to your colleagues because you don't know who was planted in the company to report what you said. Never you allow your mouth to take away food from your mouth...

He did not talk naa, he typed. OP bekiafu oo
Re: Johnspeak Uwangue: How Not To Get Sacked From Your Workplace by Chigorkizz(m): 3:44pm On Jun 12, 2018
Re: Johnspeak Uwangue: How Not To Get Sacked From Your Workplace by bookingnumbers: 3:52pm On Jun 12, 2018
FULL VIDEO OF TONTO'S BIRTHDAY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wVvd8XaZcU
Re: Johnspeak Uwangue: How Not To Get Sacked From Your Workplace by Abbeyme: 5:30pm On Jun 12, 2018
Great writeup
Re: Johnspeak Uwangue: How Not To Get Sacked From Your Workplace by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jun 12, 2018
lagosrd:

This piece is awesome and insightful but it's a long route to career suicide. Be your own boss do nobody can sack you. You just get sick of some idiots and Myron's put above you as leaders and supervisors that keep wanting your loyalty to that you can both be so comfortable in the sit of stupidity. They easily feel threatened and they must see you as a threat. While others are just wasteful additions to the management staff. So why stay there. Common be your own boss. Simple
Lol... Na so.. bro. I learnt it the hard way.
Re: Johnspeak Uwangue: How Not To Get Sacked From Your Workplace by Abudu2000(m): 5:54pm On Jun 12, 2018
MiddleDimension:
and for the politics thing, dont ignore that at all! dont decieve yourself saying ''oh, i just want to come here, do my job, mind my business and go''. he who refuses to play politics and at least hear some of the gossips going on, will only become a tool in the hands of others and can easilly be discarded.
so true. Not only at work, even in your house , street, environment at large. Never ignore the opportunity to prey on others or you become the prey
Re: Johnspeak Uwangue: How Not To Get Sacked From Your Workplace by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 12, 2018
nlandmodsaremad:
who is sacking who when the chief sacker (God) who can sacks the whole world once is up there
Why abusing Nairaland mods? Anyway, u fine small.
Re: Johnspeak Uwangue: How Not To Get Sacked From Your Workplace by MiddleDimension: 6:02pm On Jun 12, 2018
Abudu2000:
so true. Not only at work, even in your house , street, environment at large. Never ignore the opportunity to prey on others or you become the prey

i was the most quiet person at the office, if you like, as i was always keeping to myself. even those who came after me knew more in the office than i knew. and guess what, i was the one who got fired. when it happened, everyone was so suprised.

1 Like

Re: Johnspeak Uwangue: How Not To Get Sacked From Your Workplace by pedrilo: 6:20pm On Jun 12, 2018
Office is battle place between u, ur colleagues n ur employer. Ur survival depends on ur arsenals.
Re: Johnspeak Uwangue: How Not To Get Sacked From Your Workplace by phranq30(m): 6:28pm On Jun 12, 2018
nlandmodsaremad:
who is sacking who when the chief sacker (God) who can sacks the whole world once is up there
Who is this one now?
Re: Johnspeak Uwangue: How Not To Get Sacked From Your Workplace by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jun 12, 2018
phranq30:
Who is this one now?

Google should be your friend by now..,
Re: Johnspeak Uwangue: How Not To Get Sacked From Your Workplace by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jun 12, 2018
phranq30:
Who is this one now?

Google should be your friend by now...
Re: Johnspeak Uwangue: How Not To Get Sacked From Your Workplace by Agbeni33: 6:45pm On Jun 12, 2018
Very insightful and educative

You make sense

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chemical Engineering Job Or Filling Station Manager Job? / Feeling Jaded? Here's How To Make Lemonades Out Of Life's Lemons / 3 Tips To Help You Escape A Sack Letter When You Can’t Do The Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.