Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,874 members, 7,806,501 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

Doris Akonanya: “I Wasn’t Born This Way” – Amputee Nollywood Actress - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Doris Akonanya: “I Wasn’t Born This Way” – Amputee Nollywood Actress (43805 Views)

Men Date Me Out Of P!ty – Amputee Actress, Doris Akonanya / Doris Akonanya Dances To Davido's Song / Doris Samuel Akonanya Produces Her Own Movie (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doris Akonanya: “I Wasn’t Born This Way” – Amputee Nollywood Actress by Toks2008(m): 2:41pm On Jun 12, 2018
All I see is an extremely sweet looking lady...stump or no stump.
Re: Doris Akonanya: “I Wasn’t Born This Way” – Amputee Nollywood Actress by Heineken(m): 2:42pm On Jun 12, 2018
nlandmodsaremad:

When I know how it is like here and how we normally feel...
bomb dey ur head dear
Re: Doris Akonanya: “I Wasn’t Born This Way” – Amputee Nollywood Actress by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 12, 2018
Heineken:
bomb dey ur head dear

Have it to yourself, just vituberating my dear mind.
Re: Doris Akonanya: “I Wasn’t Born This Way” – Amputee Nollywood Actress by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jun 12, 2018
OMG i knew u will go places honey my crush from year one. u cute like that.

1 Like

Re: Doris Akonanya: “I Wasn’t Born This Way” – Amputee Nollywood Actress by obyikye(f): 2:55pm On Jun 12, 2018
happy birthday sister, God bless you.
Re: Doris Akonanya: “I Wasn’t Born This Way” – Amputee Nollywood Actress by 400billionman: 3:19pm On Jun 12, 2018
She didn't go and start begging for money or doing Harlotery SHE asked for a chance to show case her talent to earn income for herself SHE is using her head not her body I HOPE una get the message omo slay queens
Re: Doris Akonanya: “I Wasn’t Born This Way” – Amputee Nollywood Actress by TOPCRUISE(m): 3:23pm On Jun 12, 2018
angryWhen I support total ban and seizure of all okada in the expressroads some idiots and patrons in this forum will want to crucify me
Re: Doris Akonanya: “I Wasn’t Born This Way” – Amputee Nollywood Actress by Austin234(m): 3:32pm On Jun 12, 2018
God bless u for saying that
kennygee:
She is really beautiful.
Re: Doris Akonanya: “I Wasn’t Born This Way” – Amputee Nollywood Actress by FBIL: 4:10pm On Jun 12, 2018
DonPiiko:
Nice one it is good to keep encouraging oneself, you can get a prosthetic leg to look better because you are already beautiful.

You're right, guy! I've seen a client who came to my office with 2 legs amputated but moving on prosthetic limbs, one of the legs was not completely cut off but was near useless. From the door to my table took him like 10 minutes. But guess what! He's a ''bastard millionaire'' rated in dollars. Just take it as fate. Get a prosthetic limb as suggested. You're too beautiful! Even with the one leg sef, guys dey die...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doris Akonanya: “I Wasn’t Born This Way” – Amputee Nollywood Actress by oluwasegun007(m): 4:15pm On Jun 12, 2018
OMG..... She is fine....
God please favour her.
Re: Doris Akonanya: “I Wasn’t Born This Way” – Amputee Nollywood Actress by Saff(f): 5:20pm On Jun 12, 2018
MartinCorridon:
Very inspiring.

It was when an uncle's leg was amputated from the knee because of diabetes that he realized how important it is to stability.

For the first few months his anus was being cleaned for him after toilet.

Its when you lose something that you realize its worth. My uncle kept regretting he didn't watch his diet more because he had a family history and was warned.

Blindness is the worst. Imagine not being able to see again after seeing the world.
how old was your uncle?
Re: Doris Akonanya: “I Wasn’t Born This Way” – Amputee Nollywood Actress by MartinCorridon: 5:38pm On Jun 12, 2018
Saff:
how old was your uncle?

62 or so. Started with a toe but because he was political and "fetishistic" his spiritual consultants kept deceiving him that it was Village People. He was delirious and almost dying of gangrene when a stern uncle came to take him away to the hospital.
Re: Doris Akonanya: “I Wasn’t Born This Way” – Amputee Nollywood Actress by Saff(f): 5:40pm On Jun 12, 2018
MartinCorridon:

62 or so. Started with a toe but because he was political and "fetishistic" his spiritual consultants kept deceiving him that it was Village People. He was delirious and almost dying of gangrene when a stern uncle came to take him away to the hospital.
Woww. My grandad also died of diabetes. He was in his 60s. I’ve got this sugary addiction. Almost like I have to consume a lot of sweet things a day. Honestly, your post has motivated me to go and do a blood test and watch my diet. Thank you .
Re: Doris Akonanya: “I Wasn’t Born This Way” – Amputee Nollywood Actress by MartinCorridon: 5:46pm On Jun 12, 2018
Saff:
Woww. My grandad also died of diabetes. He was in his 60s. I’ve got this sugary addiction. Almost like I have to consume a lot of sweet things a day. Honestly, your post has motivated me to go and do a blood test and watch my diet. Thank you .

You and i have something in common. I have a love affair with SUGAR.

I have had extremely painful dental surgeries.... got both sides of my jaws broken to extract compacted last molars ( this is not sugar related)...

The stern uncle himself died of diabetes. He just gave up managing the condition by restricting his own diet.

I implore you to watch it but i have noticed women manage it better - i.e. are more disciplined. But don't let it get so bad you have to manage it. Don't let it get there at all...
Re: Doris Akonanya: “I Wasn’t Born This Way” – Amputee Nollywood Actress by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jun 12, 2018
Saff:
One of the best posts I have ever seen on this forum.
It's good also to checkout the things that enter ur mouth.
Diabetes is one of the major killer disease we have.
Re: Doris Akonanya: “I Wasn’t Born This Way” – Amputee Nollywood Actress by Saff(f): 5:58pm On Jun 12, 2018
MartinCorridon:

I have had extremely painful dental surgeries.... got both sides of my jaws broken to extract compacted last molars ( this is not sugar related)...

The stern uncle himself died of diabetes. He just gave up managing the condition by restricting his own diet.

I implore you to watch it but i have noticed women manage it better - i.e. are more disciplined. But don't let it get so bad you have to manage it. Don't let it get there at all...
Thank you sooo much. God bless you. Have a wonderful evening .
Re: Doris Akonanya: “I Wasn’t Born This Way” – Amputee Nollywood Actress by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 12, 2018
MartinCorridon:

Women die more than men cos of child bearing, hbp complications. In northern nigeria, diabetes is very common. Go to benue state, almost every family. The same thing with onitsha. Do u know what they all have in common? Pounded yam.
A very good friend's sister got blind on both eyes cos she allowed herself to enjoy Christmas dishes. Just for one day!. And she has been managing this diabetes for yrs. She is not totally blind now cos she was on drugs but she can't do anything again cos she sees so little.
That's what eating most of our so called delicacies can do to people
Re: Doris Akonanya: “I Wasn’t Born This Way” – Amputee Nollywood Actress by Saff(f): 6:00pm On Jun 12, 2018
sassysure:

One of the best posts I have ever seen on this forum.
It's good also to checkout the things that enter ur mouth.
Diabetes is one of the major killer disease we have.
yes it is. And it’s a silent killer because the symptoms are not severe. So most people don’t realise they have it until it’s too late. God help us all. Self care is important internally and externally.
Re: Doris Akonanya: “I Wasn’t Born This Way” – Amputee Nollywood Actress by MartinCorridon: 6:03pm On Jun 12, 2018
sassysure:

Women die more than men cos of child bearing, hbp complications. In northern nigeria, diabetes is very common. Go to benue state, almost every family. The same thing with onitsha. Do u know what they all have in common? Pounded yam.
A very good friend's sister got blind on both eyes cos she allowed herself to enjoy Christmas dishes. Just for one day!. And she has been managing this diabetes for yrs. She is not totally blind now cos she was on drugs but she can't do anything again cos she sees so little.
That's what eating most of our so called delicacies can do to people

Wow. Great eye-opener. Didn't know this about Benue and Onitsha. I like the perspective you have given. This is something to learn from. Thanks
Re: Doris Akonanya: “I Wasn’t Born This Way” – Amputee Nollywood Actress by Sommydisaster(m): 8:14pm On Jun 12, 2018
that bae I used to see occasionally while reading at garuba square.......nice one Dorris
#chase_your_dreams
Re: Doris Akonanya: “I Wasn’t Born This Way” – Amputee Nollywood Actress by no1madman(m): 8:56pm On Jun 12, 2018
Yrros!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mr Nigeria Nelson Enwerem Rocks Military Uniform, Poses With Philippine Armies / Uti Nwachukwu SLAMS Greedy Instagram Beggar Who Rejected N20,000 He Dashed Him! / Paul Okoye: "I Can't Drive On The Streets Of Lagos In An Open Roof" (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.