Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,343 members, 7,808,209 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. (30601 Views)

My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving / My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! / My cousin who got married this year July is actually thinking of leaving the man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by Tommy34: 2:09pm On Jun 12, 2018
henchamb:
Go home and open up to them.
If they ask you to leave, leave the house and go hustle legitimately then return like a king

thank you very much henchamb. I just need to brace myself now
Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by olametrix(m): 2:10pm On Jun 12, 2018
Omo o jiya olohun gbon ...............
Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by jaxxy(m): 2:11pm On Jun 12, 2018
Tommy34:
I'm a 22 years old boy who's been constantly torn apart from within, I have always been seen as the black sheep in the family, I mean everything I do comes back to haunt me. I finished secondary school 2013, took Jamb but didn't get through, then 2015 came and got a pre-degree form for Adekunle ajasin University located in Ondo. I scaled through the exams, got admitted but I need was to pass Jamb for the same year. I didn't make the cut off.
  I was so ashamed of myself but I believed I still had time, so I came up with a lie, what I was going to do was pretend I actually got admitted to the school, then with the money given to me, I would get another Jamb, pass it and be a student...
  Unluckily for me, I got found out by my cousin in school who told my family, now they are requesting for my matric number and password, which I don't have. I'm too deep in the lie to say the truth because I know I'm most likely going to be disowned (my dad has made that clear). Now I'm thinking about cutting ties, staying in school and try to come up with some money so I can really be in school and study.. only then can I tell them what happened.. I don't know, I'm pretty confused and would be grateful to any advice, I'm lost but I'm hoping to find my way..

Sadly in this part of the world failure is seen as too negative and it is bad. Great things have been born out of failure bt the negative mindset people tag with failure has driven alot of people downhill. 1stly never lie to urself and 2nd to ur parents especially when they sponsor u. Say the truth early and let it be dealt with. U may seem like the black sheep doesn't mean u can't or shudnt succeed bt that can only happen when do the right things and carefully make the right decisions.

I personally prefer to burst the lie Now and deal with all the consequences, the sky won't fall, start afresh and clean bt if u can't do that then u must have or make a perfect plan along with sm1 close like a family relative or dependable frnd and work at achieving ur goal in a clean as possible way. Ur already in a mess don't get into more mess.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by ivolt: 2:12pm On Jun 12, 2018
Go to them and come clean. You cannot survive alone through legitimate means.
Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by LosVikingos: 2:12pm On Jun 12, 2018
Tommy34:
I'm a 22 years old boy who's been constantly torn apart from within, I have always been seen as the black sheep in the family, I mean everything I do comes back to haunt me. I finished secondary school 2013, took Jamb but didn't get through, then 2015 came and got a pre-degree form for Adekunle ajasin University located in Ondo. I scaled through the exams, got admitted but I need was to pass Jamb for the same year. I didn't make the cut off.
  I was so ashamed of myself but I believed I still had time, so I came up with a lie, what I was going to do was pretend I actually got admitted to the school, then with the money given to me, I would get another Jamb, pass it and be a student...
  Unluckily for me, I got found out by my cousin in school who told my family, now they are requesting for my matric number and password, which I don't have. I'm too deep in the lie to say the truth because I know I'm most likely going to be disowned (my dad has made that clear). Now I'm thinking about cutting ties, staying in school and try to come up with some money so I can really be in school and study.. only then can I tell them what happened.. I don't know, I'm pretty confused and would be grateful to any advice, I'm lost but I'm hoping to find my way..

It's over bro... Give it up and walk straight next time so that you won't get lost when you wanna return.
Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by Akandeisim: 2:13pm On Jun 12, 2018
Tommy34:
Guy, you have erred already as a human being. But with Supreme Divine mercies, you will be forgiven.
My advice: Do not run away. Tell your parents the Truth and the reasons behind the Lies. At first, they will be mad at you. But on second Thought, they will give you another second chance. Remain blessed

1 Like

Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by wakes: 2:13pm On Jun 12, 2018
confess
Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by vertueptime: 2:14pm On Jun 12, 2018
Hustle and buy a goat, take it home and roast it for every one to chop, when they are happy with u then u shld use d opportunity to break the bad news, i hv a frnd dat wrote waec and jamb 5 tym , he got lucky on d 6th attempt then suddenly some sponsored him to skl in malaysia thru state gvmnt nw he works with firs, and earns more than his former sec skl class mates
Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by AnthonyAk(m): 2:14pm On Jun 12, 2018
Tommy34:

Don't do it, Own up to the lie and get bk in school. Black sheep's got families too. Being a black sheep just means you have personality, coming from another black sheep.

But it's not about you, need to get ur shit together
Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jun 12, 2018
Thou shall not lie
Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by HoodBillionaire: 2:17pm On Jun 12, 2018
your father cant disown u bro
grow up.
we all had that threat from our parents way back
esp ume and post ume
if my late dad did not threaten me which made me read day and night.i rem how nervous i was checking my jamb result on my dads laptop in his office as at ss2 level.i failed woefully
my papa laff me tire for aous
shame catch me.i no fit come out go play ball with my flat mates.but come ss3. d way i take pass jamb ehn.i vex.if not for the threat
i wont be whr i am today
my guy go write jamb
and try to pass it abeg
make your parents proud of u my guy
see how u look so foolish at the end of the day
Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by bishopbishop123: 2:17pm On Jun 12, 2018
go back home and explain to your parents in details.
secondly, stop lying and speak the truth always.
thirdly, discover your passion and pursue it .successful people are passionate about what they do in life. if you want to go to school, try else where .all the best
Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by orobs93(m): 2:17pm On Jun 12, 2018
Tommy34:

we can chat privately just quote me then we can connect
Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jun 12, 2018
MCFRESH:
smoke some weed man!! u gonna be allright.

i feel you nigga. grin cool
watabee wee bee. jahrastafriedrice grin grin
Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by Tommy34: 2:19pm On Jun 12, 2018
orobs93:

we can chat privately just quote me then we can connect
hello
Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by zachanalysis: 2:19pm On Jun 12, 2018
You remind me of my own very ordeal as the exact same nearly happened to me. What usually prompt people into such ignoble actions is the social pressure of measuring up. At certain age if you've not gained admission into higher institution of learning, the stigma, especially from over expectant parents could be unbearable. It is even worse when friends and relatives who are your contemporaries have been admitted to schools. What you need to do is tell your parents what had happened and set out a target for yourself during the next round of admission. Read very hard and don't permit any distraction. Also, pray harder. You can join a faith based church like "Winners" to buoy you up spiritually. Those were most of what I did and they worked for me. Today, I am a proud graduate of OAU! All the best.

1 Like

Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by nurez305(m): 2:21pm On Jun 12, 2018
At this point, please avoid passing through third mainland bridge... That is my advice for yoy
Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by LeHMaR(m): 2:21pm On Jun 12, 2018
At the end of the day they are family... No one is going to disowm you.. But they might if you keep prolonging the lie.,.
Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by sheDD(m): 2:21pm On Jun 12, 2018
rottencorpse:
If I were your parents, I would've disowned or better still cursed you a long time ago. You're a bad child. angry angry
thank goodness u aren't his dad
why are u salting an already wounded heart!!??
Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by expert234: 2:22pm On Jun 12, 2018
izzou:
grin

All I see is a guy, who's living a life trying to impress his parents

My question is? What exactly do you want to become in life? Because I don't see a university as your point of calling.

Sit down and discuss with your parents. Tell them who you really are and want to be. Stop wasting their money on Jamb and when you finally enter, you graduate with a 3rd class, thereby making issues worse.

Be a man bro. Define yourself to your parents and whoever cares to know. Stop the lies. They won't take you far

All I see is a guy putting the name of his family in disrepute
Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by samuel900(m): 2:23pm On Jun 12, 2018
IJMB WOULD BE THE BEST OPTION......08034631945
Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by MrTour: 2:24pm On Jun 12, 2018
It is very simple, first of all, do you want to study?
If you do keep trying if you don't, go and learn farming.
Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by Klington: 2:24pm On Jun 12, 2018
i understand ur frustration.

Only that in this part of the world,most parents are engrossed and obsessed with the hype about going to school..

but they soon forget that the movers and shakers of this world are mostly school dropouts .

Well,there's little you can do here than to be real
Irrespective of the consequence.

You only fail when you accept failure.
Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by HRHQueenPhil(f): 2:24pm On Jun 12, 2018
this must be a relative or brother
IamD18:
You are obviously a liar, and parents hate liars because a liar is a potential criminal.

Change your ways and they'll grow their love for you.
I won't fall for writeups written to garner sympathy.

1 Like

Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by WizBLANCE(m): 2:24pm On Jun 12, 2018
I once read a story of an unlucky but determined fellow.

he was the black sheep of the family too. he tried virtually everything but failed. even his younger ones graduated while he was trying jamb.
then an Angel or demon whispered a plan to him, he lied to his parents that he got admission to study pharmacy. then went to the claimed school and look for one pharmacist for apprenticeship. he opened up to the man what his life has been like.
so his parents pay his school fees for five years, including house rent, clothing, feeding and other things.

his boss played his part by allowing the guy to pay visit to his parents during vacation and then resume when other students resumes.

the boy at a point improved in his lies by telling his parents he has some after school jobs doing, so he don't spend most of his holidays at home as before.

after five years while his mates were graduating, he invited his parents for induction just as many kids did

but while his parents were expecting to be lead to the convocation hall, he lead them to the opening ceremony of his pharmaceutical shop.

I read this story sometime in my third year and I can remember the argument in my class as many wish they saw it before then.

hey bro if not that your parents have found you out, I would have recommended same.

just be wise in what you tell your parents cause you and you alone knows them better us landers.
Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by Buffalowings3(m): 2:24pm On Jun 12, 2018
izzou:
grin

All I see is a guy, who's living a life trying to impress his parents

My question is? What exactly do you want to become in life? Because I don't see a university as your point of calling.

Sit down and discuss with your parents. Tell them who you really are and want to be. Stop wasting their money on Jamb and when you finally enter, you graduate with a 3rd class, thereby making issues worse.

Be a man bro. Define yourself to your parents and whoever cares to know. Stop the lies. They won't take you far

Thread closed.
Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by expert234: 2:25pm On Jun 12, 2018
sheDD:
thank goodness u aren't his dad
why are u salting an already wounded heart!!??

The past of a disobedient child is hunting him. Simple
Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by oloriLFC(f): 2:25pm On Jun 12, 2018
We all make different types of mistakes at one point or the other in our lives, you shouldn't let yours push you down further. Muster up the courage, be a man, talk to ur parents, mum first. I knw you might be scared of being disowned as your dad threatened but telling more lies wil only worsen the matter. Apologise Wholeheartedly, tell them u didnt make d cut-off mark n was scared to let them knw, reason u lied at first. Let them knw you're really sorry that u'd turn a new leaf (and pls do). your parents only want d best 4 you since you'v earlier given them reasons 2 be tagged "the black sheep" of the family.Don't leave the house when u haven't been sent out. Also try on other skills you can lay ur hands upon. All the best young man
Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by Afec1000givers: 2:26pm On Jun 12, 2018
Ask yoursef over and over again and over again...will lie mohamd employ me with my first degree in lieingology.Be ursef and always tell ursef the truth.
Re: I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. by sundayanthony: 2:26pm On Jun 12, 2018
Then you will regret it.Mark my word! Very unfortunate that people in this group might encouraging you to do so.They can tell you all sort of sweet words,but the consequence of your action shall be bear alone by you.Even,if your parents are not rich,you don't have any audacity to give them problem. Aja to ba sonu koni gbo fere ode.A dog that go to be lost will never hear the warning of the hunter. Remember prodigal Son.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Female Child Is More Valuable Than Male Child – Reno Omokri / Recently Married Woman Missing In Ogun / 53-year-old Nigerian Woman Welcomes A Baby After 20 Years Of Marriage (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.