Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,458 members, 7,808,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

I Have A Problem With Being Emotional, Please Help - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Have A Problem With Being Emotional, Please Help (382 Views)

How Can I Stop Being Emotional / He's Having A Problem With His Wife To Be And Her Rich Parents / How I Can One Stop Being Emotional About Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Have A Problem With Being Emotional, Please Help by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jun 12, 2018
i used to be the emotional type from the time when i was a kid and i lived just fine with that. No depression, nothing.

Growing up, things had to change, i had to face the tough world and it demanded that i had to drop my emotion somewhere, and i did. For the first time in my left i felt extremely confident, the adrenaline rush was good and i loved it, i didn't want it to end. I had no girlfriend then, no love, some girls crushed on me but i was too strong hearted to crush back. Infact, i had no particular love for love.

But i had loved before and it is my weakness. I was strolling around on facebook and i saw this lady who i sort of dated before. I loved her then but i had to part ways with her because, well, things weren't going as it should. I wanted her back because i thought i could handle everything perfectly now. So i messaged her and we got talking. She said i was always rude to her in our chats, thats why she stopped talking to me. I apologised and we started again. Things have been going perfectly since then.

But its as if i can't handle love. Till this very moment i hate to be emotional. I always avoid it like plague. Infact, that was part of the reason i was reluctant to date. But like i said before, i thought i could handle it now.

I was wrong. Whenever i got talking with her, i get emotional and it continues for days. The problem here is not me being emotional, its me being depressed as a result of being emotional. Each time i get emotional, depression follows. Something in me tells me it is wrong to feel emotional. And so strong is this voice that i get depressed if i damn the consequences and get emotional.

Am starting to think i'm not cut out for love. But how am i gonna get married and maintain my marriage if i don't love?

I have been watching movies all day because i cant just work in this condition. I need to get a help ASAP.

Please if you've experienced this before, help a brother out.

(1) (Reply)

Model Who Claimed Her Hair Is Worth N40m Shows Off Her Man (photo) / 5 Ways To Find True Love In Online Dating Sites: Compared To Offline / Name One Character That You Have And You're Not Proud Of

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.