Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,979 members, 7,806,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

13 Ways You Can Make Money With Your Car - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 13 Ways You Can Make Money With Your Car (21500 Views)

Joshua Udom 13 Ways You Can Make Money With Facebook... / 7 Ways You Can Make Money With A Drone / Five Creative Ways You Can Make Money Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

13 Ways You Can Make Money With Your Car by autojosh: 1:43pm On Jun 12, 2018
Sometimes, the cost of maintaining a car could drive one crazy. No wonder many believe that a car is a liability.

Well, you can actually transform your car from being a liability into an asset.

There are many things you can do daily to take your car from being a money-draining machine into a money-making machine.

Autojosh.com lists some ideas that can help you earn some extra money for yourself with your car.

Taking Children to School and picking them up

You need to be a parent in order to really appreciate this service. Making 2 trips to your children’s school daily is such a chore. Most parents will gladly pay you so that they do not have to do these trips twice a day. So, with your car, you can take children from multiple families to school. The fees could be per child or anyway you feel convenient. You can also charge them either weekly or monthly. Of course, you need to show proof of being responsible enough for parents to be able to trust you with their children.

Providing Ride-Share services

There are a growing number of ride-share companies out there. They include Uber, Taxify, Oga Taxi, etc. You can enlist your car and become one of their drivers. Using your car to provide ride-share services offers more flexibility and options than you might realize. You do not have to drive all the time. You can drive only when you find convenient. You can also do this together with your regular job. In addition, drivers enjoy several bonuses from the company.

Delivering Food

You can use your car to deliver groceries or other foodstuffs to people who are too busy to go to the market. You take their order, you go to the market, get their groceries and deliver it to them. Then you get paid.

Offer Driving Lessons

With your car, you could use it to offer driving lessons to learner drivers.

Rent Out Your Car

You could list your car as a rental car. This make a whole lot of sense especially if you have an extra car that you do not use often. Fees should be paid on how long it would be used or how far it would be driven. Of course, the car should be returned fully fueled. As a renter, it is very important that you verify and create a profile of your renters that would include proof of licence. Also, ensure that the car has tracking device installed. Especially the type that enables you to remotely demobilize the car.

Deliver Foodstuff For Restaurants Owners

Restaurants owners go to the market frequently to buy the requirements for their business. You could have an arrangement with some of them to convey them to and from the market.

Transport Other People’s Equipment

There are professionals who move around with the work equipment. For instance, TV production people. You can make them aware of the availability of your car to move them and their equipment around. But for a fee of course.

Wedding Chauffeur Service

You can advertise as a wedding chauffeur. If your car is decent-looking enough, it can be hired to transport intending couples on their wedding day.

Convey Workers To Work

You can have an arrangement to convey workers who reside at a particular location to their places of work. For instance, you could transport workers in you area who work at Victoria Island every morning to work. You can work out an arrangement for them to pay you weekly or monthly.

Do Paid Advertising

There are companies that pay people to wrap their cars with their adverts.

The longer your commute, the more you can be paid to wrap your car with their adverts. The more you drive, the more exposure the businesses get. So, they will be willing to pay a premium for those who cover lots of distance. Depending on your commute, location, and the campaign, you can earn a good sum with your car.

Start a Taxi Buisness

Indeed, you can earn income by starting a taxi business. And you have just what it requires: a car.

Lease To Company

You can lease your car to a company for use as one of their official cars. You can be paid monthly, or weekly or in any way you negotiate for.

Weekend Services To Families

There are families or individuals who do not own a car. Once a while, especially weekends, they often have a need to hire a car. Look out for such people and offer them weekend driving services.

https://autojosh.com/13-ways-of-making-money-with-your-car/

11 Likes

Re: 13 Ways You Can Make Money With Your Car by EzendiEgo1: 1:59pm On Jun 12, 2018

Nice one op

I really appreciate but how do I make money from Tricycle aka keke napep

7 Likes

Re: 13 Ways You Can Make Money With Your Car by Mac2016(m): 3:42pm On Jun 12, 2018
Lemme just add one more specifically...Do Uber with it!

1 Like

Re: 13 Ways You Can Make Money With Your Car by omoniomoade(f): 3:44pm On Jun 12, 2018
deliver babes to baba alayes

13 Likes

Re: 13 Ways You Can Make Money With Your Car by Dubembiafra: 3:44pm On Jun 12, 2018
That's goof
Re: 13 Ways You Can Make Money With Your Car by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jun 12, 2018
woow

Do you need a website for our business

1 Like

Re: 13 Ways You Can Make Money With Your Car by inoki247: 3:45pm On Jun 12, 2018
okay
Re: 13 Ways You Can Make Money With Your Car by ConcNiggress56(f): 3:45pm On Jun 12, 2018
NICE IDEAS.. BUT RITUALISTS AND YAHOO BOYS ARE THREE STEPS AHEAD OF EVERY GREAT IDEA..

MY FAMILY WILL NOT USE ANY OTHER CAR SERVICE APART FROM UBER..
Re: 13 Ways You Can Make Money With Your Car by Sijo01(f): 3:45pm On Jun 12, 2018
Good and realizable points.
Re: 13 Ways You Can Make Money With Your Car by Temple1288(m): 3:45pm On Jun 12, 2018
So if someone stops with a G-Wagon in Ijebu-Ode, and starts shouting "Sango! Sango!" Will u go in OP?

15 Likes

Re: 13 Ways You Can Make Money With Your Car by lavenjcrown(m): 3:46pm On Jun 12, 2018
glad to see these. i really don't have the mind driving on Lagos roads.
Re: 13 Ways You Can Make Money With Your Car by Dumdumfashion(f): 3:46pm On Jun 12, 2018
Nice one. Most of us over pamper our cars because we think it's one of our most valuable asset but we can actually use it to make good money if we want to

3 Likes

Re: 13 Ways You Can Make Money With Your Car by TroubleMaker47(m): 3:47pm On Jun 12, 2018
What of get away car for robbery? cheesy

1 Like

Re: 13 Ways You Can Make Money With Your Car by abdul6211: 3:47pm On Jun 12, 2018
Nice idea
Re: 13 Ways You Can Make Money With Your Car by Johnrake69: 3:49pm On Jun 12, 2018
Re: 13 Ways You Can Make Money With Your Car by waranjalicious(m): 3:49pm On Jun 12, 2018
it makes sense
Re: 13 Ways You Can Make Money With Your Car by Switruth: 3:49pm On Jun 12, 2018
Good point but of the things stated here are for foreign countries. Who rents his car out to a total stranger. And most Nigerians don't rent cars for weddings. They give it out. Na our transport system fit us. As u enter just dey ready for your change. Ojota to mile 2

3 Likes

Re: 13 Ways You Can Make Money With Your Car by room089: 3:49pm On Jun 12, 2018
Typical of the guru in the house: Autojosh.

Nice tips, thanks a bunch.
Re: 13 Ways You Can Make Money With Your Car by Xman247: 3:51pm On Jun 12, 2018
well researched, you did well
Re: 13 Ways You Can Make Money With Your Car by Switruth: 3:52pm On Jun 12, 2018
Temple1288:
So if someone stops with a G-Wagon in Ijebu-Ode, and starts shouting "Sango! Sango!" Will u go in OP?
That's one of my points brother.

1 Like

Re: 13 Ways You Can Make Money With Your Car by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jun 12, 2018
Nice one
Re: 13 Ways You Can Make Money With Your Car by miqos02(m): 3:57pm On Jun 12, 2018
Cool
Re: 13 Ways You Can Make Money With Your Car by doctokwus: 3:58pm On Jun 12, 2018
Looks like copy and paste because none except for car pooling can make u money in Nigeria.
No one should even try number 1 as a money making venture.If you lift other people's kids and unfortunately one of the kids get to fall sick in your car or has a crisis,if the child is epileptic,asthmatic or a sickler,you would wish you weren't born because even some parents that know the history of their child would find a way to pass the blame on u,tarnishing not just your image,but possibly ruining the rest of your life.Of course you would be guests of the Nigerian police and we all know,most times,irreperable harm would have been done before the truth eventually comes out.
In Nigeria,transporting kids to school is best left for the parents themselves or the official school transport bus.

4 Likes

Re: 13 Ways You Can Make Money With Your Car by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jun 12, 2018
14. TO CONVEY DEAD BODY TO MORTUARY
Re: 13 Ways You Can Make Money With Your Car by asdfjklhaha(f): 4:09pm On Jun 12, 2018
That number one is totally out of the the question. I will never pay anyone to drop my kids at school. The society we live in is a wicked one, and children aren't spared in the increasing wickedness. From child r.ape to rituals to child trafficking to kidnapping... Etc. What we see and read about this country daily is enough reason for any vigilant parent to know that entrusting your kids with anyone is as dangerous as standing on a live wire.

If my husband doesn't have a car, and there's no money, then I will personally charter a keke, move in with them and personally drop them off at school. But for me to give them to someone with the excuse of being busy is a capital NO for me.

3 Likes

Re: 13 Ways You Can Make Money With Your Car by Xisnin(m): 4:13pm On Jun 12, 2018
ConcNiggress56:
NICE IDEAS.. BUT RITUALISTS AND YAHOO BOYS ARE THREE STEPS AHEAD OF EVERY GREAT IDEA..

MY FAMILY WILL NOT USE ANY OTHER CAR SERVICE APART FROM UBER..
Miss Ritualist, how much are you worth?

1 Like

Re: 13 Ways You Can Make Money With Your Car by Kobicove(m): 4:16pm On Jun 12, 2018
You just copied an article meant for a developed country and pasted it here

Most of these ideas will not work here cos most Nigerians find it difficult to pay for personal services undecided
Re: 13 Ways You Can Make Money With Your Car by ConcNiggress56(f): 4:17pm On Jun 12, 2018
Xisnin:

Miss Ritualist, how much are you worth?

twice your ransome..

if brain is not paining you, you'd have read my post with brain, not your long nose..

Just say if you're a yahoo boy.. lemme send sango to pay your family a visit..

dindinrin

1 Like

Re: 13 Ways You Can Make Money With Your Car by Tijay90(m): 4:37pm On Jun 12, 2018
By the time I have a car, I hope to have no use for this list.

2 Likes

Re: 13 Ways You Can Make Money With Your Car by Idoko619(m): 4:39pm On Jun 12, 2018
doctokwus:
Looks like copy and paste because none except for car pooling can make u money in Nigeria.
No one should even try number 1 as a money making venture.If you lift other people's kids and unfortunately one of the kids get to fall sick in your car or has a crisis,if the child is epileptic,asthmatic or a sickler,you would wish you weren't born because even some parents that know the history of their child would find a way to pass the blame on u,tarnishing not just your image,but possibly ruining the rest of your life.Of course you would be guests of the Nigerian police and we all know,most times,irreperable harm would have been done before the truth eventually comes out.
In Nigeria,transporting kids to school is best left for the parents themselves or the official school transport bus.

U v said it all, some Nigerians can rent ur car and exchange d ba3 sef... we live in an insane society but anyway good write up somebody might be reading it from west Germany. grin

1 Like

Re: 13 Ways You Can Make Money With Your Car by HoodBillionaire: 4:43pm On Jun 12, 2018
copy and paste foreign articles
if u dare a nigerian
go use your car dey carry dia pikin go schl
dem go mess up your car
or something happen to them say dem fall sick
DPO go use u buy new led tv 46inches
or u say u wan dey deliver food abi
naija women go use 1 stone kill 20birds
frm delivering food wud me pls epp me pick up something
frm thr buy me petrol
go to market
take my car to car wash
dis dat
rent a car out
men na ladipo things shaps
all these shiit u wrote cud work in kenya
south africa..n rest of d world
havent u noticed any animal dat misses its way and lands in naija is always butchered.
be it sea animal o
wild animal
domestic animal
Nigeria is cursed

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Govt. Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market / Niyi Makanjuola Of Caverton Is Behind Visionscape - Feyi Fawehinmi Investigates / For Uba Afri Card Users Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.