Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,775 members, 7,798,584 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:36 AM

Opinion: Education Is Necessary But Highly Overrated - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Opinion: Education Is Necessary But Highly Overrated (415 Views)

Sex Is Highly Overrated...18+ Rated. / Valentine Is Highly Overrated In Nigeria, Youths, What's The Noise All About? / "Virginity Is Overrated": Quote Non-Virgins Use To Console Themselves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Opinion: Education Is Necessary But Highly Overrated by dauntless15(m): 3:16pm On Jun 12, 2018
Growing up i use to have this shallow mindset that I'll goto school, Graduate, get an office job, biuld a house, get the girl of my dreams, buy cars, have babies and live happily ever after, i believed this so much that i goto bed every night imagining what life would be like for me, an educated, rich young man, waking up beside the most beautiful woman i know and driving a porsche panamera to work everyday and wearing gucci spats, its a very ridiculous thought but my childish mind made it seem very possible, whenever i refuse to goto school, my mum would ask if i wanted to end up broke in future and a loser, she'd say don't you want to become a doctor? Do you want to be like oga zakari who is always drunk? This further gave me that zeal to excel in school.

Fast forward to today, No govt job, no cars, no pretty wife, no kids, the only thing i have is one stupid paper called certificate I'm supposed to fall back on, it can't even get me a job to be honest i didn't look for one, my parents who were so agitated about education are now looking me with one eye, i haven't failed yet and i won't but what i have to my name now is not gotten from my education, I hustled for it, i fend for myself with what i have in my brain, I'm self employed because of my brain, all the business i do is from my wisdom, so my computer SC cert is useless, very useless, if i could turn back the hands of time, I'd use the millions spent in school to start a business, and by now i should be wealthy and not struggling to pay my bills.

I do alot of businesses coupled with some stuff i do as a hobby like graphic design, blogging, programming, i buy and sell stuff, i do fiver, buy btc, everything to make ends meet, and i can say i earn more than most employees, bottom line is education is necessary yes, but highly overrated, you don't need to be educated to be someone in life, just imagine the number of degree holders dangote is paying, he's not a graduate,

Evan Williams
Mark Zuckerberg
Larry Ellison
Jan Koum
Bill gates
Micheal dell
Steve jobs are all school dropouts,

So before you put all your all into education why don't you think of what will become of you when you finally get that certificate, especially in Nigeria where the ratio of jobs available to labour is like a drop of water to sand in a desert, or you want to join all the graduates driving uber and okada?
Re: Opinion: Education Is Necessary But Highly Overrated by vladhillz(m): 4:04pm On Jun 12, 2018
this totally apply to a country like nigeria,,
Re: Opinion: Education Is Necessary But Highly Overrated by dauntless15(m): 4:20pm On Jun 12, 2018
vladhillz:
this totally apply to a country like nigeria,,
Yap but they're instances of people who made it without education outside Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

This Lady Said / 8 Important Things To Know About A Man/woman Before You Date / 5 Simple Things You Two Can Do To Grow Your Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.