Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,505 members, 7,808,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

Etisalat's New Data Plan (For Browsing) - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Etisalat's New Data Plan (For Browsing) (52577 Views)

Etisalat New Data Plan / Etisalat Introduces New Data Plan / Etisalat New Offer Of 20k/s With N10 Daily Charge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Etisalat's New Data Plan (For Browsing) by djunit1(m): 12:43am On Jun 04, 2010
When it comes to browsing speed, MTN is the fastest in Nigeria, I have tried, Zain, GLO and Even Starcomms and I can tell you that if You are in an area where there is 3G or 3.5 You could Download a full movie in less than two hours on MTN but on Starcomms which is their closest rival it takes nothing less than two days. The only Problem I have that made me stick with starcomms is the Bandwidth. MTN offers 3GIGs, that is just two movies and 10k is gone. But for startcomms it was unlimited now they have cut it to 20GIG which makes them ahead of others. MTN should consider making their Bandwidth as large as Starcomms and they would be the best. This is my Verdict!
Re: Etisalat's New Data Plan (For Browsing) by ruffhandu: 1:38am On Jun 04, 2010
honsule:

make them remove the limitation,i will subscribe.what will MTN do with the excess bandwidth that they have.10k=3G for wetin

They are all ripping us off. It's like when a slave is allowed to drink from a broken cup and is looked at as a privilege. With 3G connection, the 3Gb does not last more than 10 days or so. We don suffer for this country.
Re: Etisalat's New Data Plan (For Browsing) by ceasyc(f): 3:10am On Jun 04, 2010
ruffhandu:

MTN data plan
N500 - 50MB
N2500 - 3Gb

so which is better?

Why can't all these people let Nigerians have access to what has come to be history in other parts of the world.  I thought the telecomms companies in Nigeria should have reached the stage of giving Nigerians unlimited access for as low as 6k-10K by now.

MTN started with unlimited access @ 12k/month, later came down to 10k/month, then it seemed as if Nigerians have had access to what they are not created for, then it turned to be 10k/month/3Gb.  What is all these for goodness sake? I get sadder each time I think about all these. What is really the problem?

Do they reap off citizens in the lands they came from like this? Let someone be candid please.

It disgusts me, I tell you the truth.

true talk
always tot d same tin dat ppl r being ripped off
sky broadband in UK is only 5 pounds a mth (about 1,250 naira per month)
and i download a lot of stuff on d internet everyday!

and its so bloody fast, mtn (d best i think in 9ja) dey learn 4 where im dey

wot d heck can i do wit sodding 3g a month? hissesssssss
dem no dey try @all 4 9ja
Re: Etisalat's New Data Plan (For Browsing) by CEiiG: 6:05am On Jun 04, 2010
omimi is correct i made a mistake typing it's actually *229*2*1# thanks alot. Internet in most developed countries are almost like awoof, u can go to fast food joints and get free internet or is really chip like sky lets hope our networks will change for the better. And no more off topic posts!!!!!
Re: Etisalat's New Data Plan (For Browsing) by oluwabamis(m): 7:09am On Jun 04, 2010
@lastpage, i couldnt agree with you les, what do you expect in a situation where the regulators and their families have complimetary services (free of course), top govt officials are not left out in this freebies. as long as these officials arent paying for these services, they dont even want to know how much the telcos are charging for their services. Mark my word we are not about to see any change in the status quo. telecom service is now part and parcel of our very existence and we really cant do much without it, its almost like the air we breathe and the food we eat, this is the telcos USP (unique selling point). we will still make do with the trash they give us and hope things will improve somehow someday. I currently use Multilinks broadband and its like 60% ok
Re: Etisalat's New Data Plan (For Browsing) by Nobody: 7:13am On Jun 04, 2010
Re: Etisalat's New Data Plan (For Browsing) by Nobody: 7:45am On Jun 04, 2010
Hey guys,
I have a problem with my zain 3G modem. I unlocked the modem and it can only connect with Etisalat now.
Whenever i put MTN, Zain or Glo it kept on saying: Error 619: A connection to the remote computer could not be established, so the port used for this connection was closed

I want to use my zain or MTN coz Etisalat is not stable in my area. I have tried everything i could but to no avail. Please i will appreciate any suggestion or advise.
Thank you
Re: Etisalat's New Data Plan (For Browsing) by Nobody: 7:45am On Jun 04, 2010
Hey guys,
I have a problem with my zain 3G modem. I unlocked the modem and it can only connect with Etisalat now.
Whenever i put MTN, Zain or Glo it keep on saying: Error 619: A connection to the remote computer could not be established, so the port used for this connection was closed

I want to use my zain or MTN coz Etisalat is not stable in my area. I have tried everything i could but to no avail. Please i will appreciate any suggestion or advise.
Thank you
Re: Etisalat's New Data Plan (For Browsing) by Urakhai(m): 9:15am On Jun 04, 2010
This data plan is a scam. I tried it around 4pm yest and was able to enjoy it for like an hour where i used up 7mb cos i downloaded a song, the network became messed up after that then around 8.40pm, i checked my balance it was like 92.10mb after which i managed log in to nl and fb around 9pm then after like 15 mins they just sent me a message saying i had no bundle plan. I called their customer care, the first guy that answered me sounded very confused and said i should call back around 1 am
Re: Etisalat's New Data Plan (For Browsing) by yusuf2(m): 9:16am On Jun 04, 2010
lastpage:

First, ANY MODEM can be made UNIVERSAL by "unlocking it".
Modem Unlocking is free and many people have offered to assist in unlocking the Dongle for free and YOU can do it yourself if you download the software and connect your dongle to your USB port.

Thats by-the-way sha.

@The Builder
I feel you bro.
Its really pathetic and frustrating when you pay for something and you dont even get what you paid for!
We should not be struggling on who provides better service among these operators in Nigeria, THEY ARE ALL FRAUDS, believe me!

Like someone has just shown above, see how they downgraded the service from 10K/month (24/7) to 10K/month (3G!); and what happened? NOTHING shocked
Someone else has also reminded us that it costs "nothing extra" for these operators to give Nigerians better service at a cheaper price and l know this is true; BUT THEY WONT! angry

Question is: WHY?
I need not mention that they cant do all these their nonsense in some African countries like S/Africa, Ghana or any of the North African countries but in Nigeria, anything goes!

QUESTION AGAIN IS: WHY?

For example, you will get a 3G broadband, min 3MB download speed anywhere in Europe for about 20Euros/month (24/7). That equates to just less that #4,000! So why should Nigerians pay #10,000 and cant get just that same thing? (even after paying two-and-half times over!)
In U.S, its even cheaper, Sprint or Verizon will do you unlimited B/band, 24/7 @5MB download for about $20/month = #3,000.
But in Nigeria, they tell us it is impossible!

The truth is two-fold
1.) Despite the fact that it will cost nothing more, in practical terms (since economics of large-scale and spread due to our huge population, will nil-out any marginal cost), to implement a system that would give Nigerians such bandwidth as experienced in Europe/U.S for 40.Euros/ $50/month (twice the cost, factoring-in our poorer infrastructures like power and roads).
But ask me, since "everyone" has recognized Nigeria as the country where you can steal the people dry, who would not 'gather free money", if it is available for the taking?
If America allows it, "Verizon" will like to charge $100/month for the same thing they charge $20 for BUT it is some people's job/responsibility to see that it doesn't happen They are called REGULATORS

In a situation where the Nigerian Regulators collude with those they are supposed to regulate, what you have now in Nigeria is the result.
Except those that cant see it, the truth is that they bribe our regulators to look the other way while making life a hell for us.

Same thing happens when a Policeman "loans out a gun" bought with tax-payers money, to armed robbers or collude with thieves by giving out security info or refusing to respond to distress calls on time, so that the armed robbery can succeed! Its our way of life now! angry angry

So, we are our own greatest enemy! Before you start blaming MTN or GLO or Etisalat or Zain, ask yourself: why is it possible here and not elsewhere?

2.) Second point:
While l understand that "abject poverty" can make a man loose his soul, endure inhuman degradation and do what they would not "normally do", in a normal circumstances.
Having said that, when l hear my brothers arguing that "MTN is the best or Zain is better than Glo or if you're smart, you will go for Etisalat", l weep internally and for my brothers.
I can understand those who have "entrenched interest", like Salesmen, staff (under a hidden identity), e.t.c but l cant understand "an abused customer" who does not even know that he is being oppressed, when compared to what these same companies do in other countries!
Instead of a public outcry, what we see most of the time is a public argument !
Something like "in the country of the blind, where the one-eyed becomes a king!

Instead of protesting that we are being treated like second-class humans in our country (the way slaves are treated in those days), that we are being ripped-off in our own country, especially by foreigners, we are the same ones that spring-up to defend those that loot us dry, from bad leaders to exploitative factories operated by these foreigners, especially from a particular part of Asia/Middle East.
Instead of boycotting their services, even if it is just for one week (l am not even asking for a hunger strike or a month-long sit-out as some would do in advance countries!), just to show that we know the evil they are meting-out to us, even if we seems powerless because our govt officials have sold us out!

HEAVEN HELPS THOSE WHO HELPS THEMSELVES.
This companies/operators know they are cheating Nigerians. Just like our looting politicians, they believe WE CANT DO "JERK"
Mobile phone and internet is good and useful but before it came, we survived naaah?
Yes, we did so, if we boycott their service for just one week (and they will not only loose BILLIONS of Naira,) they will most importantly, get the message: WE ARE NOT THE FOOLS YOU TAKE US FOR!

Really, you may not know what percentage of your "productivity" you're loosing by the acts of these ingrates called "Telephony operators" until you have the opportunity to see how they treat others outside our country and you would wonder!

In all, it is sad to watch these operators toy with and exploit the life out of our people and its even worse to observe the way we are taking it!
Surely, we must be the "naturally happiest" people on earth otherwise, WHO ELSE CAN TAKE THIS S*H*I*T from the operators? cry cry cry

Just my 10cent.

u've just said it all, People just argue blindly about speed, Price, Download limits and all that crap 4getting to realize that it all boils down to the single fact that All Mobile Internet service providers in Nigeria are Seriously giving us the worst of Service compared to other Countries, it's a pity that majority of 9gerians are so ignorant of their basic rights even the educated once.
Re: Etisalat's New Data Plan (For Browsing) by Urakhai(m): 9:21am On Jun 04, 2010
I eventually called this morn and they said i used up the remaining mb just within that short period. I checked the total data sent by my phone and it was 169mb and i have used the phone for like a year and i go online everyday for hrs. How could i have used up 92.10mb opening sites of about
Re: Etisalat's New Data Plan (For Browsing) by Urakhai(m): 9:23am On Jun 04, 2010
15kb. In all i opened about 10 sites. Most of em without images?
Re: Etisalat's New Data Plan (For Browsing) by ajison3: 10:22am On Jun 04, 2010
see this one oooo u work for the company and people are complaining that ur service is bad . i had multi links i dont know what happened to me i changed to etisalat since den , i have been blaming myself for wasting money on this yeye etisalt.
Re: Etisalat's New Data Plan (For Browsing) by dani1luv: 10:31am On Jun 04, 2010
I likie. .
Re: Etisalat's New Data Plan (For Browsing) by Acidosis(m): 10:58am On Jun 04, 2010
@moderators, where is my post

Again, I don't need any data plan to surf the web! I browse 24hrs/7days free without charge (faster than the speed of light), and no one can stop me. It's my birthday!!!
Re: Etisalat's New Data Plan (For Browsing) by Acidosis(m): 11:00am On Jun 04, 2010

Again, I don't need any data plan to surf the web! I browse 24hrs/7days free without charge (faster than the speed of light), and no one can stop me. It's my birthday!!!
Re: Etisalat's New Data Plan (For Browsing) by Acidosis(m): 11:01am On Jun 04, 2010

Re: Etisalat's New Data Plan (For Browsing) by aieromon(m): 11:51am On Jun 04, 2010
Acidosis:

Take your braggin' rights somewhere else undecided
Re: Etisalat's New Data Plan (For Browsing) by dammywale(m): 1:04pm On Jun 04, 2010
@Acidosis. how can i browse for free. pls mail me on olawaleemmanuel2003@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Etisalat's New Data Plan (For Browsing) by Djcn: 1:06pm On Jun 04, 2010
You guys are talking about Gigabytes limitation. This is very necessary for the Nigerian Telecomms Industry unless none of us can surf right now.
It costs so much to put in place infrastructure for 3g networks and that's why the network operators are slowly rolling out the services to other parts of the country. The operators are as a matter of fact yet to make profits on their 3g deployments in the country, but with the increase in data services patronage, that will soon change.
We just need to be patient, as things will get better.
Re: Etisalat's New Data Plan (For Browsing) by ayo84(m): 2:24pm On Jun 04, 2010
nothing different from zain's 100mb for 1k, if you want to use this package for pc browsing , forget it
better to get a blackberry and pay he 5k monthly fee and browse for free for the whole month
Re: Etisalat's New Data Plan (For Browsing) by ayo84(m): 2:28pm On Jun 04, 2010
we keep seeing all these glo bandwith adverts on tv, we are waiting for adenuga to bring the fastest internet he is advertising everyday on tv to us in
Re: Etisalat's New Data Plan (For Browsing) by francko(m): 3:14pm On Jun 04, 2010
Etisalat is the best, will remain the best in service provision. The operators of Etisalat will soon put the likes of MTN, Zain and Glo out of biz if Etisalat continue with this miracle.
I sure use the network in my home and office. In fact i have decided that all members of my household use Etisalat.
For data sevice and voice call i vote them highest.
In reasonable and viable promo, they remain the best.
Thank God Etisalat, My life and work has been easy ever since i started using the network.
Kudos Eti baba. grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Etisalat's New Data Plan (For Browsing) by mployer(m): 4:52pm On Jun 04, 2010
Tafter that then around 8.40pm, i checked my balance it was like 92.10mb after which i managed log in to nl and fb around 9pm then after like 15 mins they just sent me a message saying i had no bundle plan. I called their customer care, the first guy that anshis data plan is a scam. I tried it around 4pm yest and was able to enjoy it for like an hour where i used up 7mb cos i downloaded a song, the network became messed up wered me sounded very confused and said i should call back around 1 am

tink its jus trial nd error. they wil finally stabilize
Re: Etisalat's New Data Plan (For Browsing) by mployer(m): 5:07pm On Jun 04, 2010
It doesn't make sense at all.I can finish the 50mb under 20 minutes

Plane lie angry
Re: Etisalat's New Data Plan (For Browsing) by ShawnMcJoe: 5:59pm On Jun 04, 2010
gist is true sha

link is: http://www.etisalat.com.ng/easynet.php

me sef, I go try am
Re: Etisalat's New Data Plan (For Browsing) by aieromon(m): 6:25pm On Jun 04, 2010
m-ployer:

Plane lie angry

Guy,we don't drink downloads,we gulp them.
Believe me,i use more than 50mb per hour.
Re: Etisalat's New Data Plan (For Browsing) by engrhamid(m): 6:35pm On Jun 04, 2010
aieromon:

Guy,we don't drink downloads,we gulp them.
Believe me,i use more than 50mb per hour.
tru talk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Facebook Domain Stolen / Intel Boss, Brian Krzanich, Resigns After Relationship With Employee Was Exposed / Chinese Lady Ordered For Iphone 7 And Got This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.