Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,482 members, 7,801,214 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car (8135 Views)

I Got This For Asking My Boss My February Salary / I Am A Virgin And My Boss Wants To Have Sex With Me / I Caught My Boss Pant Down With My Supervisor's Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by moag(m): 12:22pm On Jun 02, 2010
Please I Need Your Advise! Should I Resign?

I currently works with a building service firm in mainland Lagos, the pay i.e. monthly take home is about #50,000 and enjoys a very good relationship with my boss before now(one man business) but the relationship became sour when my boss discover that I bought a car not minding my parental help on this regards.

Even, I have been voted the best staff consecutively twice before this saga.  My major problem now is that my boss is witch-hunting  me with is attitudes in finding fault in my works. I was informed by one of his confidant that  his options include sacking me.

This attitude started recently,and am not comfortable with it. Need to say I got another offer last year with the salary N75,000 but rejected it based on smooth relationship with my boss then, (last year May)

I am considering resigning now because the situation is becoming unbearable  for me but my fear is when can I be able to secure another job?  Beside if anybody can link me up on notebook production, or liquid detergent production I will also appreciate because I have been looking towards the direction for sometimes now to make me busy for self employment while I resigned.
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 02, 2010
you should already be looking for a new employment since you already know that you may be sacked.
one of the thing you said made little sense to me though:
how can you be voted best staff if you are the ONLY staff in this ONE MAN BUSINESS?
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by afrobaby(f): 12:53pm On Jun 02, 2010
@MRbrownJAY , their is no part in his post where he stated that he is the only staff
anyway, at poster, just pray and look for better job, really , I hate one man business to the core

1 Like

Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jun 02, 2010
Dont resign yet. In as much as its difficult try to have a Plan B, apply for other jobs and keep your options open.

After which you can leave once you get another job
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jun 02, 2010
^^^^my bad, i thought that a "one man business" was a business with ONE man and his secretary/receptionist (poster being the secretary/receptionist)
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 02, 2010
^^^^ above post was in response to Afrobaby's post. . . . . . for some reason NL doesnt allow me to modify it.
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by neonet(m): 4:44pm On Jun 02, 2010
@poster, why did you buy a car since you have this passion for starting up ur own detergent biz? u would have saved the money that u used in buying that car and start ur own biz.by now, the sky is gonna be ur limit,
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by great09(f): 7:39pm On Jun 02, 2010
i advice you resign and source for the information to aid you start the biz you desire, if you continue to stay there considering the situation at hand, you may never start anything moreso that you are not enyoying the job anymore.
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jun 02, 2010
Its quite obvious as you have stated that there is no love lost between your 'Oga' and your pattern of work. Act in this order;
1. Find a new job
2. Resign
In the event that 1. does not pan out, try to sort it out with your boss verbally.
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by dgees: 2:37pm On Jun 03, 2010
You now knw the problem and also the solution but the FEAR of leaving your present situation to your future situation is what you nid to deal with,

Just think,
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by dandon: 3:15pm On Jun 03, 2010
i will advice you dont resign yet knowing you have not gotten an alternative. pray about it, things change when you pray. i can help u out on notebook production. its my field, call 08063226190
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by favouredjb(f): 4:54pm On Jun 03, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

^^^^my bad, i thought that a "one man business" was a business with ONE man and his secretary/receptionist (poster being the secretary/receptionist)

LMAO!!
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by Wylout: 5:12pm On Jun 03, 2010
You will be surprised with the number of people in your shoes****Think hard, work smart!!!
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by sayso: 5:13pm On Jun 03, 2010
if you have trained well and have good skill, start turning around you
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by Pennywise(m): 5:19pm On Jun 03, 2010
This whole thing about starting your business should wait until you gain a reasonable amount of financial independence. Otherwise your dream will forever remain a mere dream.

Regarding your primary headache, you have to understand that there is no such thing as a perfect workplace. The devil can present as a co-worker, supervisor, driver, an insurbodinating surbodinate, just about anyone trying to eke out a living as you-be it in a one-man biz or multinational. Infact the kind of jealousy, envy, backbiting etc that goes on among some multinational staff will make you think your boss has a heart of Gold.

The question is are you going to start looking for a new job each time you disagree with someone? No. Make the best use of the opportunity that God has given you until you are fit enough to move on.

In the meantime enjoy your new ride. Look up old friends especially those who are still slapping. Let them know its not easy.
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jun 03, 2010
Stay put while you look for other job.
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by Emax(m): 5:26pm On Jun 03, 2010
My advice is simple and precise

1. Dont Resign! This is a phase.
2. His so called confidant might want to see u leave thereby creating position for him.
3. Make Plane B available
4. May be he(Boss) is jealous.
5. Keep up the good work or even better, if possible.

cheers
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by osifred(m): 5:35pm On Jun 03, 2010
dont resign get along with ur job if ur boss finally sack u, sue him for damage nigeria or no nigeria d court will upheld ur appeal provided u did nt involve in any illegal act to buy d car.

and get a plan B
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by TheBuilder: 5:48pm On Jun 03, 2010
@afrobaby, every business is ultimately one man business. The bulk stops at somebody's desk. The only differenece is that the bigger the org, the farther the junior satff are to that one man. For instance, I run businesses and while the guys at the shopfloor hardly see me, the senior guys receive the pressure from me directly. Ask the top management staff in those big organisations you know, they will confirm that all businesses are ultimately one man.

@poster, your  boss is simply suspicious of you, simple. He no longer feels comfortable. He did not think you can afford a car with the N50,000 monthly he's paying you in Lagos. And that is true. Meanwhile show him the evidence of the source of the fund, that is if it is important to you anyway and then good times will return again.
Thank you.
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by steaming(f): 5:53pm On Jun 03, 2010
its only normal-------each new phase of you life attracts new oppositions/enemies.

if u get married, sumbody possibly a friend or relation is hating, move into a new house----same, new car----same.

those r normal human attributes. sum peeps can not deal with healthy competition.

so dear, unless there's another reason for resignation, dont do it.

b calm and keep doing your work well. try and bear no grudges.
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by chakula: 5:56pm On Jun 03, 2010
Stayed with him and manage your life before you
looks for another chance.
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by wazobiang: 6:07pm On Jun 03, 2010
he sold the car, now his boss loves him. i know that story.

unfortunately you have to stick this one out until you find another job. now that you have acquired a new liability in the form of a car, you cannot just drop that job.

worst case, you can talk with your boss tell him how you feel and that it will help for him to explain what the problem is with you people's working relationship so that you can adapt in order to enhance your working relationship.

after that, when u get a new job. you can then tell him how much of an idiot he really was. for now you have to stick it out.
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by Eskycom: 6:18pm On Jun 03, 2010
Progress always involves risks.  You can't steal second base and keep your foot on first.
I believe resigning  will open door to you, you have to overcome the fear of losing. THE FUTURE IS IN YOUR PALM
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by OAM4J: 6:22pm On Jun 03, 2010
You don't need that kind of a boss.

Resume job-hunt ASAP, but dont resign till you get another job.
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by Greycells(m): 6:34pm On Jun 03, 2010
sad resign, start ur own thing! Best time is now. Even in medium scale companies with annual turn over of over N100million, u still experience same shit. Best time to start ur own thingy is now, before u hav to pay rent, water, school fees, home maintenance etc
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by comechop(m): 6:55pm On Jun 03, 2010
Sorry for the spam, but I need an answer asap my people:

Not to hijack this thread, but I have a quick completely off tangent question - about this new epassport thing.

I dey go naija this summer, and my old green passport is STILL valid. I have to renew my visa - do I need to get this new epassport to renew it? Or can I renew my visa with my old passport?
Again apologies to the OP for semi thread hijacking.
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by jokingmary(m): 6:57pm On Jun 03, 2010
I think you should pray before looking for another job

before you get sacked
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by 190: 7:10pm On Jun 03, 2010
what car did u buy in the 1st place~
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by Day11(m): 7:24pm On Jun 03, 2010
grin na Ferrari n boss dey use 99' ford spacebus. tongue
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by OAM4J: 7:25pm On Jun 03, 2010
comechop:

Sorry for the spam, but I need an answer asap my people:

Not to hijack this thread, but I have a quick completely off tangent question - about this new epassport thing.

I dey go naija this summer, and my old green passport is STILL valid. I have to renew my visa - do I need to get this new epassport to renew it? Or can I renew my visa with my old passport?
Again apologies to the OP for semi thread hijacking.

Depends on the embassy.

Most embassies require that your passport be valid for at least six months.

But what stops you from getting a new one when you go naija in summer?
Re: My Boss Hates Me Because I Bought A Car by Catchfire1: 7:26pm On Jun 03, 2010
190:

what car did u buy in the 1st place~
Now that's the big Q!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Requesting For Redeployment From HR / NSE Or COREN? / Shorthand Still Relevant Or Not In Secretariat Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.