Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,403 members, 7,808,437 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

Abuja Is The BEST Place To Live In Than Lagos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abuja Is The BEST Place To Live In Than Lagos (797 Views)

Relocating From Uyo To Abuja (Is There Anything I Should Know?) / Unbelievable; Flights From Lagos To North Cheaper Than Lagos To East / Karu Waterfall Abuja: Is This The Most Beautiful Waterfall In Nigeria? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja Is The BEST Place To Live In Than Lagos by domainsales18: 9:37pm On Jun 12, 2018
Hey Nairalanders,

I was born and bred in Lagos...Presently, I have been residing in Abuja since 2012...Let compare and contrast both cities for more illumination.

1. Transportation
Lagos transportation system is quite hectic...You need to be strong to board a commercial vehicle in Lagos...There's a lot of pushing, shoving and insults...On several occasions, phones and bags are stolen...Lagos traffic is like another issue entirely...You can be in a traffic for like 2hours without any of the vehicles moving...I mean every vehicles will be in a gridlock...For someone getting to his/her destinations takes a lot of hours coupled with the stress of sitting uncomfortably in one position...Getting home, one is tired and worn out...Eventually, the lifespan of a Lagosian is usually divided by a quarter.
Abuja is not like that...The traffic is very smooth and you will get to your office within 45minutes long...In the case, there's traffic, the vehicles usually move and clears up within few minutes compared to Lagos...Lastly on this, Abuja roads are way sleeky and motorable, even during rainy season.

2. Accommodation
Lagos accommodation is nothing to write home about, as majority of the houses are in a state of moribund and dilapidation...The rent paid in Lagos is up the mountains for the high brow areas in Lagos, unless one want to go to a slum area to rent an eyesore of a structure deprived of the needed facilities...In Abuja here, you will see affordable houses like one-bedroom flat with facilities of N150,000 but not exceeding N250,000 in good areas...A nice one-bedroom of this standard in Lagos goes for more than N400,000...You can agree with me here that Abuja homes are very affordable.

3. Electricity
In Abuja, the area I stay always have constant, I mean constant (20-24hours of light)...You can't compare that with Lagos...When I was in Lagos, the electricity supply is way below expectations...The mosquitoes always had field days with us then because of no light for fans to blow them off.

4. Air
As a result of the constant supply of light in Abuja and its environs, there are fewer generators that would have been polluting the air with the dangerous carbon monoxide which would have impaired the health of the inhabitants and animals here...That's why people here always have higher lifespans, as they enjoy the undiluted air, free from nature...Less people go to the hospitals here.
You can hardly find people with asthma and other lung diseases...Lagos is so choked up that breathing is quite a laborious activity...Did I forget to tell you folks that, the waste management system here works 100%...You hardly find dumpsites and garbage piled up here...Lagos is an eyesore filled with dumpsites and littered with wastes everywhere.

5. Business
I must confess that Lagos is way up the league in this area, as there are many opportunities abounding in Lagos...What's the essence of business?Is it not to make money, send your children to school, pay bills, buy a car and build a house?Sure, you can make money anywhere if you have the right information and materials at your disposal...Some people are making millions of naira at the comfort of their homes without the 9-5pm type of jobs...Thousands of people are making it more than those in Lagos...Business in Lagos is over hyped...You can virtually make your money anywhere.

6. Crime Rate
The crime rate in Lagos is growing at a geometric progression because of the population over there...In Lagos, the rate of cultism, kidnapping, suicide, prostitution, armed robbery, burgling, pick pocketing, yahoo, yahoo plus and ritualism has skyrocketed...Lives are not really safe in Lagos...You can't walk easy on the roads because you might be attacked by all these area boys (alayes) and the rest...This is not so in Abuja...Here, we sleep with our two eyes closed...You can carry your costly phones and laptops on the streets without any form of molestation...Nobody is ready to snatch your IPhone from you because everybody is a big boy here...You can stay outside and come back late without any harassment...Life is really great here in Abuja.

There's no way I can go back to settle in Lagos, except on a short visit.

Abuja is the small London of Nigeria.
That's my two cents.

I still need a roommate.

3 Likes

Re: Abuja Is The BEST Place To Live In Than Lagos by GavelSlam: 9:44pm On Jun 12, 2018
Abuja is better planned it should receive half of the Lagos population please.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Is The BEST Place To Live In Than Lagos by LaudableXX: 10:21pm On Jun 12, 2018
domainsales18:
5. Business
I must confess that Lagos is way up the league in this area, as there are many opportunities abounding in Lagos...What's the essence of business?Is it not to make money, send your children to school, pay bills, buy a car and build a house?Sure, you can make money anywhere if you have the right information and materials at your disposal...Some people are making millions of naira at the comfort of their homes without the 9-5pm type of jobs...Thousands of people are making it more than those in Lagos...Business in Lagos is over hyped...You can virtually make your money anywhere.
You people will not stop your illogical comparisons that make no sense? shocked So you can make money anywhere, right? Ok, why not head for Sambisa forest and set up your business there, in order to make money? Nansense! angry Obviously, you must have been living inside a slum in Lagos, before you relocated to Abuja. Go to some of the inner city slums in Abuja, and compare them with the ones you see in Lagos, before dancing shoki over Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Is The BEST Place To Live In Than Lagos by CoolFreeday(m): 10:26pm On Jun 12, 2018
This our Abuja abi another one?

1 Like

Re: Abuja Is The BEST Place To Live In Than Lagos by Obainoneandonly(m): 11:37pm On Jun 12, 2018
CoolFreeday:
Bros help me ask am o

1 Like

Re: Abuja Is The BEST Place To Live In Than Lagos by CoolFreeday(m): 12:11am On Jun 13, 2018
Obainoneandonly:
Bros help me ask am o

no mind the @op!

1 Like

Re: Abuja Is The BEST Place To Live In Than Lagos by MrOreo(m): 8:46am On Jun 13, 2018
CoolFreeday:
cheesy .....
Stopped @ your number 2.
domainsales18:
2. Accommodation
Lagos accommodation is nothing to write home about, as majority of the houses are in a state of moribund and dilapidation...The rent paid in Lagos is up the mountains for the high brow areas in Lagos, unless one want to go to a slum area to rent an eyesore of a structure deprived of the needed facilities...In Abuja here, you will see affordable houses like one-bedroom flat with facilities of N150,000 but not exceeding N250,000 in good areas...A nice one-bedroom of this standard in Lagos goes for more than N400,000...You can agree with me here that Abuja homes are very affordable.
The bolded weak me. Which areas please?

1 Like

Re: Abuja Is The BEST Place To Live In Than Lagos by cutieme(m): 8:57am On Jun 13, 2018
domainsales18:
Hey Nairalanders,

I was born and bred in Lagos...Presently, I have been residing in Abuja since 2012...Let compare and contrast both cities for more illumination.

1. Transportation
Lagos transportation system is quite hectic...You need to be strong to board a commercial vehicle in Lagos...There's a lot of pushing, shoving and insults...On several occasions, phones and bags are stolen...Lagos traffic is like another issue entirely...You can be in a traffic for like 2hours without any of the vehicles moving...I mean every vehicles will be in a gridlock...For someone getting to his/her destinations takes a lot of hours coupled with the stress of sitting uncomfortably in one position...Getting home, one is tired and worn out...Eventually, the lifespan of a Lagosian is usually divided by a quarter.
Abuja is not like that...The traffic is very smooth and you will get to your office within 45minutes long...In the case, there's traffic, the vehicles usually move and clears up within few minutes compared to Lagos...Lastly on this, Abuja roads are way sleeky and motorable, even during rainy season.

2. Accommodation

3. Electricity
In Abuja, the area I stay always have constant, I mean constant (20-24hours of light)...You can't compare that with Lagos...When I was in Lagos, the electricity supply is way below expectations...The mosquitoes always had field days with us then because of no light for fans to blow them off.

4. Air
As a result of the constant supply of light in Abuja and its environs, there are fewer generators that would have been polluting the air with the dangerous carbon monoxide which would have impaired the health of the inhabitants and animals here...That's why people here always have higher lifespans, as they enjoy the undiluted air, free from nature...Less people go to the hospitals here.
You can hardly find people with asthma and other lung diseases...Lagos is so choked up that breathing is quite a laborious activity...Did I forget to tell you folks that, the waste management system here works 100%...You hardly find dumpsites and garbage piled up here...Lagos is an eyesore filled with dumpsites and littered with wastes everywhere.

5. Business

6. Crime Rate
The crime rate in Lagos is growing at a geometric progression because of the population over there...In Lagos, the rate of cultism, kidnapping, suicide, prostitution, armed robbery, burgling, pick pocketing, yahoo, yahoo plus and ritualism has skyrocketed...Lives are not really safe in Lagos...You can't walk easy on the roads because you might be attacked by all these area boys (alayes) and the rest...This is not so in Abuja...Here, we sleep with our two eyes closed...You can carry your costly phones and laptops on the streets without any form of molestation...Nobody is ready to snatch your IPhone from you because everybody is a big boy here...You can stay outside and come back late without any harassment...Life is really great here in Abuja.

There's no way I can go back to settle in Lagos, except on a short visit.

Abuja is the small London of Nigeria.
That's my two cents.

I still need a roommate.
U need room mate?How much the person go pay?
Re: Abuja Is The BEST Place To Live In Than Lagos by travelland(f): 8:57am On Jun 13, 2018
It seems Abuja peeps are looking for increase in population due to low sales patronage grin
Re: Abuja Is The BEST Place To Live In Than Lagos by CoolFreeday(m): 10:45am On Jun 13, 2018
MrOreo:

cheesy .....
Stopped @ your number 2.

Maybe he is talking about Masaka or suleja. you can't even a get 1 bedroom flat for N200k in Kubwa, Kuje or mararaba(abacha rd).

1 Like

Re: Abuja Is The BEST Place To Live In Than Lagos by LaudableXX: 5:07pm On Jun 13, 2018
MrOreo:
cheesy .....
Stopped @ your number 2.

Don't mind him. angry He must be talking about Nyanya, Mpape, Kpaduma, or Mabushi. He can definitely NOT be referring to Asokoro, Wuse, Maitama or Garki. He will not even find a mini-flat for that amount in Lokogoma, Karu or Utako. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Help, Which Country Is Best Suitable To Migrate To. / Travel To Australia But Visa Got Refused / This Uber Driver Dropped Off His Riders, Returned To Their Home To Burgle It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.