Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:28 PM

My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. (14062 Views)

I Just Started A Family! My Wedding Pics / When You Shift Your Wedding Date Because Of Elections... / My Wedding Pictures - Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by minute(f): 4:26pm On Jun 03, 2010
Oh my . . . . sorry to hear that.

Time to elope . . . or start saving and wait till next year.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by favouredjb(f): 4:36pm On Jun 03, 2010
Please my dear take your bride to the registry and sign the dotted lines.

its dt simple,its not a must,to have a superlative wedding ceremony,

i dont even know y ppl run into debts all in the name of getting married,like some1 said earlier,cut your coat according to your size

you can still go ahead and marry your fiance.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by marknice: 4:36pm On Jun 03, 2010
u dot jst go startin doin weddin cos others re weddin pls don't take another mans daughter home jst to start surverin her is bad. and u don't do weddin wit ur last money this is not God is wit ur or not is it d fact go plan well X ur marriage might surfer. takia.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by AVISENNA: 4:37pm On Jun 03, 2010
i feel you pain and i would only encourage you not to give up. if you really love her and she sincerely loves you , tailor everything to meet your income.
If you have to go for court wedding do , it's a recognized and legal one.
All you have to do is get members of your family and hers fix date go to church , Pastor doesn't have any choice but to bless you , take picture , prepare something for them and let them go. Wedding is a day, marriage is after wedding and i usually refer to it as reality.
All the best / less i forget pray; it really works.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by favouredjb(f): 4:48pm On Jun 03, 2010
funkyboy:

for the fact that your wedding date is fixed is no problem at least there is no need to waiver. the money will come.
for me my own was to come up this month june but my female friend not the one i wont to settle down with called me and told me she is pregnant. what do i do now the mother is saying i should come and marry her daughter of which i never made any promise to.

u sound stupid,but you can Bleep her without using protection abi?and am trying to be lenient now,you think u can eat your cake and have it,
cheating on the person your supposed to marry this month,you must be ruthless
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by Newest: 5:00pm On Jun 03, 2010
Best of lucks ooo
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by Witi(m): 5:43pm On Jun 03, 2010
Na Wa oo Igeyeye lo fe se ki un se igbeyawo grin grin grin
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by chinesedoll(f): 6:08pm On Jun 03, 2010
How do you guys intend to feed after the wedding?

Time for Nairalander's contributions. Where are the Mother & Father Christmases?
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by Rastamann: 6:15pm On Jun 03, 2010
Then call it off or you and your spouse with about 10 people go to the registry. You have to learn to cut your coat according to your cloth and not size.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by iphiechuks: 6:25pm On Jun 03, 2010
Let start from the beginning, are u on a rented property? is your wife2b a housewife? Is she from a wealthy home? If the answers are No, No and Yes. You can go ahead but if is the other way round. Chairman wait small good time no dey finish.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 03, 2010
The likes of aisha2, congoman, aqva etc are needed here. Let the donations begin.
It's nice everyone is talking of a small wedding but will the girl and her family agree to that? u knw women.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 03, 2010
It's a wedding, as long as both parents are aware of the wedding.

Just go ahead and do it with the availability of funds you have. Just don't care about what ppL say

Safe
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by Ivynwa(f): 6:57pm On Jun 03, 2010
I think it's high time people began to knock down all these perceptions with which we Nigerians get hard on ourselves. Honestly, I can still remember the look on my father and sister's face the times that I have jokingly told them that my wedding reception will just comprise of 10 people seated around a table in some restaurant, what were they bothered about "what people will say". That does not bother me and when the time comes my wedding might just be like that or even on a lower note than that. I am tired of us giving ourselves hypertension for what people will say and to make people applaud us and stuff.
   Poster please there's no law that said you don't have to wed if you do not have lots of money, a very sensible banker I know in lagos only wedded with just 4 people in attendance:himself and his bride, his brother and his brother's wife. They went home , sat around and ate.This is a man that is developing his plot at Lekki and he definitely preferred to spend his money in providing a roof over his family to splashing money in a wedding to get the nod of Nigerians. It's really high time we all broke out of these societal boxes we keep trying to fit ourselves into even when it hurts us.

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by hoba(m): 7:15pm On Jun 03, 2010
I have read most of the comment on this thread they are very correct, but in my own opinion I rather say that you should go ahead with the wedding. But if I understand what you said well, that
(1) You are working though I don’t know how much you earn
(2) The wedding is fixed few months from now though you did not tell us how many months you got.
(3) You have in your account 100,000 thousand naira.
Then with the following reasons in my own opinion you can still get married with your 100,000 thousand naira, all you need to do is to try to make your budget around it;
(1) On Cloths
(a) By getting a cheap material of your choice color, get a tailor that can make a good suit for you. (b) Your would be spouse to rent a wedding dress, (c) your best man to make a suit with you and letting him also know your pocket and don’t forget to let your would be spouse to know all this.
(2) On Food
Get your family or the girl’s family to help but if you cannot get them maybe they are not around you, get all the food stuff and ask anybody you know that can cook very well around you or your church etc to help you
(3) On Drinks
Get only soft drinks, but you can still put one or two wins on the high table
(4) On photograph / video
Get the film and the dvd or cassette then ask the guy how much he can take you for his workmanship, you can also ask any of your friends that have a digital camera to help you
(5) On Hall
You can use your church or wherever you intend to use for your wedding as reception.
(6) Number of people
Here you have to know how many people you are inviting; to me is not the number of ppl that come your wedding that matters but that you have done it successfully.
That is what I have to tell you.
When I did mine, had I got the knowledge I have now I would have not wasted the amount of money that I wasted in the name of wedding, because at the end, nobody will tell you thank you. It depends on you how you want your wedding to be, because no amount of money to me will be enough for any wedding, you will still see that your ego will always tell you, you want it to be the talk of the town… guy its jst one day and all will be over thank you….
cool cool cool
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by femmy2010(m): 7:20pm On Jun 03, 2010
Hoba, you are too much.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by ReachRich(m): 7:45pm On Jun 03, 2010
I presume our poster here does not want to do a Court wedding.Well,if thats the case i will suggest u do the wedding on a sunday in your church.Do the reception after church within the church.That way u wont need to serve alcoholic drinks.You expenses will only go in sewing ur suit and hiring a wedding gown for ur wife to be,buying soft drinks and prepairing food for about 50 pple depending on the population of ur church.
All the best whatever u decide to do.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by onono30: 8:15pm On Jun 03, 2010
Go ahead with your wedding. Dnt allow cash to be a constrain. It must not be large. The import thing is to exchange the vows and live happily there after. U will still have oppurnities to celebrate in life. There are better days ahead.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by tayoast(m): 8:44pm On Jun 03, 2010
gather friends and family.
tie d knot gently.
by 3.00pm, u're home and dry!!
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by mamagee3(f): 8:49pm On Jun 03, 2010
Tell her and call off the wedding, she's so much better without an unorganized guy like you.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by mrjingles(m): 8:52pm On Jun 03, 2010
mama-gee:

Tell her and call off the wedding, she's so much better without an unorganized guy like you.

serious point. is this young man qualified to marry? clearly u cant manage yourself. Just because u have a chick and swinging d*&^ck does not qualify you bob. Take some time to organize yourself and try again. (ie this one is a dead duck)
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by tithe(m): 9:10pm On Jun 03, 2010
The just shall live by faith, i don't know how strong your faith is but, my God will supply all your needs according to his riches in glory phil 4:19.

cheers
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by fatai2: 9:40pm On Jun 03, 2010
y not shift it to less say six months.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by najeebu: 10:11pm On Jun 03, 2010
man no wory atol, go ge married
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by dvonne(f): 10:24pm On Jun 03, 2010
grin grin grin
Eiya You are looking at your account and its making you scared.
Look right up bro there truly is where the supply is from.
Your bank account is only a symbol, the supplier is not visible but he hears.(trust not in only what you see)
Remember when our need is greatest help is nearest.
Wish you all the very best and please update with photos
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by chelseabmw(m): 11:06pm On Jun 03, 2010
Nkiru Sylvanus and Hilda Dokubo.They both can cry for help from now till dec 24th.lol
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by invisible2(m): 11:18pm On Jun 03, 2010
@poster, I have a carton of Hennessey (12 bottles) to sell to you for the wedding. Contact me pls.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by chelseabmw(m): 11:22pm On Jun 03, 2010
@poster
 life never start for where u dey yet.this is just the beginning for u
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by tolutara: 1:31am On Jun 04, 2010
To me weddings ceremonies are nice if you can afford it but if you can't it is quite unneccssary.

True story as it happened to moi:

We met and dated about 3 years , we decided we wanted to get married. We had some money but if wanted a quality wedding ceremony in Georgia, you would need some good change. Husby and I also wanted to start a business around that same time as we are both business minded.

Any how to cut long story short. We had to make a choice having a wedding or starting a business? as attractive as having a nice wedding sounded to me especially being a woman who want my time to shine before friends and family, I just couldn't imagine spending all that money in one day and not able to fulfil our dreams of being a business owners. He had me choose stating whatever my choice was he will do it .

I chose start our business but instead of a lavish wedding, we had a traditional wedding with intimate friends (people in attendance 20 including bride and groom).

Fastforward 5 years later, Our PC repairs and service centers can boast of 2 locations in the US Virgin Islands. We had a renewal of our vows recently with 200 hundred guest and it was lavish alright . smiley

What I am really saying is, if you belive in your future together, a wedding ceremony has to be something you can afford comfortable and if you can't you get the rest of your life to make it up to each other, it really isn't a big deal.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by Ivynwa(f): 3:37am On Jun 04, 2010
@Tolutara
I am very happy for you dear, you made a sensible choice. If you had gone for a flashy-please -the-whole-world-wedding, you and your spouse would have been miles behind where you are today. It pays to be oneself and go after one's heart instead of opting to impress the world.

@Mama Gee
Girlfriend, I can't believe you said that. I did tell the guys throwing words at you to leave you that you are a baby and that they should not be hard on you but Gee how can you call this our guy unorganised and say his lady is better off without him just because he isn't with enough cash for his wedding? Do you realize that this is bothering him enough to come out in the open here with it?
Now if you want me to still consider you cute and wonderful, kindly go back and modify that statement of yours into something nicer and kinder, you don't want to disappoint your Number One fan, do you?
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by moonraker(m): 4:07am On Jun 04, 2010
Dogg i feel your pain, i knew an elder in my ex church who spent big on his wedding

and everyone was like woooow, what a wedding, after they got married nko??

its took the elder 1 full year to recover from the spending, the elder smoke garri eh cheesy

there is nothing you can do now, you dont need a big wedding, just go to the registry, ooootan,

no need for big bash, when you have cash, you can do a reception or smt,

my ideal wedding would just be my pastor, family members frm both sides and close friend, say the vows, yada yada,

chop rice and chicken very plenty and vamuseee, no long story,
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by hakbab: 7:24am On Jun 04, 2010
u proclaimed b4 consulting your bank a/c ? were u high?

Can you keep quite if you ve no meaningful advise.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by lahips: 9:24am On Jun 04, 2010

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Men And Toilet Etiquette / How Do You Manage Your Finances As A Couple? / For Men Whose Wives Have Big Booobs!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.