Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. (14061 Views)

I Just Started A Family! My Wedding Pics / When You Shift Your Wedding Date Because Of Elections... / My Wedding Pictures - Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by skeed19: 1:17pm On Jun 02, 2010
Great Nairalanders, people of great minds, please i need reasonable and candid response here:
see, i am employed and i have lived most of my resources on family needs, now i want to get settled and be married, i just found out that finance has become a great constrain, as i have only N100,000 IN MY ACCOUNT!! And i have gone ahead to make proclamations as to the wedding date which is just few months from now.
please my people before God i am confused, i have thought of calling off the wedding, please what do i do, i really need councel, please my great people.

with love,
i am me.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by Creamish(f): 1:37pm On Jun 02, 2010
u proclaimed b4 consulting ur bank a/c ? were u high?
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by afrobaby(f): 1:49pm On Jun 02, 2010
Cut ur coat according to ur cloth
God is still God sha, anything can happen, u can still get support from family members
NOTE:  u cant spend all ur savings on wedding ceremony,
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jun 02, 2010
@poster
go and cancel these marriage plans, explain to your bride EXACTLY the reason for the cancellation, dont let your ego make you do something silly that you may regret in the long run, work hard toward saving enough money to get married.
there is no need to get married if you aint financially ready for it, there is no need to get in debts just to portray someone you are not.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 02, 2010
either cancel the wedding or do a registry one in the meantime and postpone the big ceremony.

unless you have other means of making up the balance.

quite a quandary- how did you not know you were short of cash before choosing a wedding date?
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by Persien: 4:58pm On Jun 02, 2010
It is a good thing to get married. But your account does not say so abi? Look God will help you if you pray and trust in him. However i will strongly advise you cut your coat according to your cloth. All the money should not go into the wedding as you need to feed your wife and yourself. Get the most important things and go for a registry marriage.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by Igwe9(m): 7:53pm On Jun 02, 2010
@ Poster,
Go ahead with your wedding, nothing do you,
The basic thing in wedding is the exchange of marital vows, entertainments and others should not torment you, rather you'd be the one to cut your dress according to your cloth.

the whole wedding thing is over hyped winkso tell me smiley ''like what you'll till to get what you like?'' undecided
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by otokx(m): 10:42pm On Jun 02, 2010
what is marriage? N100000 is too much abi will you eat air after everything? Forget about feeding people who have food in their houses. You need just 2 other people as witnesses go to registry and marry, no need for pictures. Bride price can be 5000 plus 1 chicken, poor man sef dey marry. This our country likes to keep people in perpetual poverty.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by Idowuogbo(f): 10:54pm On Jun 02, 2010
go and play baba ijebu , neva sey neva u fit hama on time b4 wedding cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by tayoast(m): 11:34pm On Jun 02, 2010
afrobaby:

NOTE:  u cant spend all your savings on wedding ceremony,

then organize a mini-wedding na.
i've seen a wedding done around night vigil time.

u shdnt spend all ya savings on d wedding.
how d'u hope 2 sustain d fa,ily afta ur wedding??
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by Scooby1(m): 1:20am On Jun 03, 2010
tayo_ast:

i've seen a wedding done around night vigil time.

grin grin grin grin

Well you can always try the Las vegas kind of wedding trend " you know the drive thru kind of wedding"
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by marcar(m): 3:03am On Jun 03, 2010
TEXT GO to 2010 on your MTN Line !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by blacksta(m): 10:36am On Jun 03, 2010
Or you can sow the 100k in my life - on a more serious note you be mugu - na by force to do big wedding - u want show off when you are really broke and busted
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by Nobody: 10:49am On Jun 03, 2010
Why don't we start a collection for him here?

Where's Aisha? cheesy
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by invisible2(m): 10:52am On Jun 03, 2010
The solution to your problem is the 6am mass wedding. (Better on a teusday morning) snap the pictures and hang on an enlargement in your palour. Ten years down the line your kids will not spot the difference from other wedding pictures.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by skeed19: 11:39am On Jun 03, 2010
Mmmmh!!! life is good and interestuing, so are people.
i sincerely want to thank all of you, from the deapth of my heart for all your comments, for those who scorn me, for those who castegate me, for those who genuinly make me put my trust in God rather than man, i'll go ahead with the wedding, there is nothing God cannot do. i thank you all most sincerely, thank you so much.
you all are great, you are my friends and my brothers and sisters. thanks alot. i will post my wedding pixs for you all to see, its a promise.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by Idowuogbo(f): 11:44am On Jun 03, 2010
awwh gud luck bobo skeeds
b calm and enjoy ur day even tho money no reach grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by invisible2(m): 11:51am On Jun 03, 2010
I like you courage, just give it a push, but remember that life is not about just weddings, plenty of issues are ahead and this happens to be the first hurdle. Fail this one and you could run the rest of the race in serious pain. Good luck.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by hackney(m): 11:58am On Jun 03, 2010
Just do a court wedding my brother with a few family friends and well-wishers.
After wedding you no go chop?
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by txtcampus: 11:59am On Jun 03, 2010
Just remember, it does not stop after the wedding. You would still need money to attend to the needs of your family.

My Advice: Don't be clouded by societal pressures, get married at the time you deem right.

Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by tkb417(m): 12:05pm On Jun 03, 2010
may God help you

100,000 in ur acct is not the determining factor

do u have a residual income?
if u have a means of livelihood, u can do a very low keyed stuff, and get on with ur income

just be assured things wont be rosy till u find other means of earning money

relax and go ahead only if you earn a decent income if not, postpone
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by clareomiz(f): 12:07pm On Jun 03, 2010
Hey Pal!
U just took a bold step! Do what u have to do and move on!
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by md4real(m): 12:10pm On Jun 03, 2010
Guy na buy you wan buy the woman? You can still do your wedding with extra change. Depends on the faith or procedure.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by oisehumen(m): 12:10pm On Jun 03, 2010
N100k is a lot of money in this present economic wahala.
Abeg, don't make my mistake  cry when i used all my savings for my elaborate wedding ceremony just to please my friends and inlaws.
I paid the huge price after the wedding as i was left koboless. It was not funny my guy, there was no food at home. My saving grace was that i did not borrow any money.

My candid and experienced advice, quietly go for a registry marriage. A friend just did his registry marriage. U won't believe how much he spent at the end of the day! N50k was all he spent.
A word is enough for the wise.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jun 03, 2010
Cut your cloth according to your size.

Who told you, you cant manage 100k for a wedding if you plan well? Dont announce your wedding to the wholeeeeeee world if not people go full  grin

Tell a selected set of people and apologise to others later (for not letting them know if dem dey vex) Nothing dey happen. Wedding na ONE day pere! Dont borrow Loan to please some people if you cannot afford it.

Ujujoan:

Why don't we start a collection for him here?

Where's Aisha?  cheesy
grin  grin
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by trublu1(f): 12:15pm On Jun 03, 2010
skeed19:

Mmmmh!!! life is good and interestuing, so are people.
i sincerely want to thank all of you, from the deapth of my heart for all your comments, for those who scorn me, for those who castegate me, for those who genuinly make me put my trust in God rather than man, i'll go ahead with the wedding, there is nothing God cannot do. i thank you all most sincerely, thank you so much.
you all are great, you are my friends and my brothers and sisters. thanks alot. i will post my wedding pixs for you all to see, its a promise.

All the best, my friend. Can't wait to see the pix
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by murabs(m): 12:23pm On Jun 03, 2010
There is no point for this discussion since you can always reschedule your plans. Push it forward to your convenient date and put in your prayers, God is with his servant.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by Johnnoo(m): 12:35pm On Jun 03, 2010
Creamish:

u proclaimed b4 consulting your bank a/c ? were u high?
lol grin He wasn't high

@Poster
I'll advise u 2make it a low-keyed marriage ceremony. Never u borrow!!!! Explain 2ur wife d situation of things & believe God 4wonders. . .
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by oluwabamis(m): 12:39pm On Jun 03, 2010
if it is compulsory that u have this wedding on this date, and u dont have additional money, then plan on what u have. 10 yrs ago i had to borrow 400k to do my wedding. today i know better. a wedding can be done with a few of all the stakeholders, the girls family, ur family, friends etc, you can even call the pastor or imam to ur house to bless you both. wedding is no brainer, it shouldnt give u sleepless night for any reason. except u are thinking of an 'ovation style' wedding. my guy nothing do you. good luck
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by Bukittes(f): 12:47pm On Jun 03, 2010
I think this poster needs to first grow up before getting married. Is this how you will go about announcing your non-problem to the world? If you have 100k and u want a wedding for God's sake go to court with your parents and hers, get the deed done and take them out to eat somewhere. Thats all! You don't need to go aborrowing to get married.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by warripekin(m): 12:53pm On Jun 03, 2010
My candid advice . 1. Never back down. You have set up a date , keep it . Good enough , you have a hundred k in your hand already thats huge . You can start making your plans from there . Have an action plan in 3 ways i.e Plan A , Plan B and Plan C.  PLAN A :- Plan A should be your target plan and you are expected to raise an additional 300k to what you already have . I believe with 400k , you can organize a fantastic wedding that even your friends will wow you . Now , don't go looking for an expensive hall to rent or some event organizers to hire. If your church is large , you can use your church premises or an open field will do . Serve only non-alcoholic drinks(70k) , and just jollof rice will do for food (70k). Prepare for 300 guests only . How do you raise money ?  Don't go borrowing. I believe you have friends . Organize them into committee of friends (thats your surest bet of raising money - I have seen it happen again and again. but please don't expect all your friends to turn up with something ) . If your friends assemble , let them on their own agree on what to raise for u , often a time , its about 5k per person and in most cases , some even give beyond that. Their are other means of raising funds without borrowing but i will not delve into them here .
Plan B is your back up plan in-case plan A fails. Then you can further reduce the number of invited guest . reduce the quantity of food to cook and drinks to serve. Focus primarily on getting the wedding done but with less glitz and razzmatazz.
Plan C  is the worst case scenario  , at this rate , you hundred k will definitely do . reception takes place at your living premises , if not big enough , your street will do . Serve meat pie and soft-drinks . ( Buy the meat pie and soft drinks after your guest have sited , in this way you will know the exact amount of meatpie and soft-drinks to buy ) Believe me , with this last option , even your hundred K will be too much .
By and large if you can effectively organize your wedding , I believe you can raise 400k and you will still have close to 120k as change after everything . It depends on you . I wish you good luck .

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by denony(m): 12:58pm On Jun 03, 2010
my brother gud luck,
but failing to prepare is also preparing to fail.

Try and arrange it in which ever way u think suits ur account
do that on time. Good luck, as we look forward to seeing ur wedding piks here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Men And Toilet Etiquette / How Do You Manage Your Finances As A Couple? / For Men Whose Wives Have Big Booobs!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.