Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,712 members, 7,805,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. (14055 Views)

I Just Started A Family! My Wedding Pics / When You Shift Your Wedding Date Because Of Elections... / My Wedding Pictures - Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by PAIOUS(m): 5:20pm On Jun 05, 2010
Do your budget based on ur N100,000.

Call just close friends and relative, i knw 100k will be go a long way cool
you can even do a Mobile reception
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by ameja(f): 7:30pm On Jun 05, 2010
Man, u have months left to go, u have at least some money, so what's your problem? smiley Don't u think u r stressing about things that r not worth it?

Look, I heard about my own wedding day (this January) about 1 week in advance. I was as broke as can be, without job, dress, without sewing machine. My husband to be was only slightly better off than myself (that is, at least had a student part time little job). I bought the most decent dress in TK Max I could afford and did some final touch-ups on it, ofc no white was available but green is also nice smiley I had no idea where all the food in the church came from, I mean, ofc it came from different church members, same way as we always do bday parties. No one wants to disclose where the wedding cake came from. In the rush I forgot about flower, so I borrowed one from the altar for the ceremony and then returned it, God would understand  cool We even got flower girls from somewhere. Ok, I'm not saying we impressed everyone regarding our social status. But guess what - it was FUN and everyone had a great time and good laugh! cheesy And now I have a wonderful husband. Life is beautiful, thank God  cheesy
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jun 05, 2010
ameja:

Man, u have months left to go, u have at least some money, so what's your problem? smiley Don't u think u r stressing about things that r not worth it?

Look, I heard about my own wedding day (this January) about 1 week in advance. I was as broke as can be, without job, dress, without sewing machine. My husband to be was only slightly better off than myself (that is, at least had a student part time little job). I bought the most decent dress in TK Max I could afford and did some final touch-ups on it, ofc no white was available but green is also nice smiley I had no idea where all the food in the church came from, I mean, ofc it came from different church members, same way as we always do bday parties. No one wants to disclose where the wedding cake came from. In the rush I forgot about flower, so I borrowed one from the altar for the ceremony and then returned it, God would understand cool We even got flower girls from somewhere. Ok, I'm not saying we impressed everyone regarding our social status. But guess what - it was FUN and everyone had a great time and good laugh! cheesy And now I have a wonderful husband. Life is beautiful, thank God cheesy

grin grin
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by nnaemmy(m): 1:23am On Jun 06, 2010
shilling:

I don't know how much things cost in Nigeria but that sounds reasonable.

I hope the groom is saving most of his money cos he'll need something to live on after his marriage.

I concur the idea.
If worse come to worse refix the wedding on a monday, bet me u 'll have change
afta the wedding, aftall e no concern anybody.

OR ALTERNATIVELY, MEET UR PASTOR (CHURCH MEMBERS) lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by member479760: 6:58am On Jun 06, 2010
no bi by force in big wey.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by beneezy(m): 10:18am On Jun 06, 2010
@Poster,
Well let nothing stop u.
100k will go far but if u r really serious am giving u 5k to add to what u have. Where ever u r. Iff u are serious.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by Ranoscky(m): 1:10pm On Jun 06, 2010
@op, i don tell u b4, and i go tell u again, make the wedding procceed, that 100k wey u hold is so fukking much sef

for that wedding, u go do the wedding finish still get enough change insde the 100k. after service, go buy cabin

biscuit and mineral share for peeps wey come the wedding, u go see say after all set and done, u'll still be having

about almost 90k for your account. minus money wey dem go spray u oo.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by invisible2(m): 1:26pm On Jun 06, 2010
I have a Loise Vuttonn suit to sell to this guy for the wedding, bros go and hire a pistol and stroll to the highwa, sorrry, am on the wrong thread.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by Ranoscky(m): 1:55pm On Jun 06, 2010
^^ is that how u got your louis viutton suit that u want to sell? . . . this is NL, pls check the prison yard!
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by invisible2(m): 2:45pm On Jun 06, 2010
The loui vuitton suit that I bought for N100, 000?
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by Ranoscky(m): 3:38pm On Jun 06, 2010
^^ daz the amount i bought ma 2yrs old baby's shoe. wink
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by PAIOUS(m): 4:46pm On Jun 06, 2010
Just cancel the wedding, pay the victim (your wife to be) for damages with the 100k, and you are a free man again.
lol
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by invisible2(m): 5:19pm On Jun 06, 2010
@Ranovsky, your two year old baby? Lolll
If you annoy me I will buy you a plane, you wan try me eh, Dangote na my boy wey dey polish my shoe, and Otedola comes around to wash my plates, right now am looking out the window, watching as Adenuga mike is cutting grass on my lawn.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by Echidime(m): 5:29pm On Jun 06, 2010
By the way come to think of it and give it a second thought,MUST YOU MARRY?  Is it compulsory to have a child? If it is then go to your village a find one local champion and impregnate her then your married and also have a child one hand,cost you less.

Unless you want to do money rituals to wipe out the shame you have brought upon yourself all in the name of wanting to get married.

In this Generation people still carry their family problems on their shoulders,what will happen to them if you die before them all? Since you think they can't survive without you

Now your misserable,about to lose the woman you love,why not go to your cherish family members whom you have been investing upon and make some withdrawal and get married? You are a disgrace to men,am even sure you don't pray,you worship neither GOD Almight,demigods,demons,ghost and spirit or forefathers so whom do you run to now for help? Or you think coming to nairaland with your mouth wide open will solve your problem? My man wake up and face the fact of life,BE A MAN if you really need  help contact me offlist:
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by Ranoscky(m): 5:41pm On Jun 06, 2010
@invisible - and u'r in NL advertising the suit u stole from high way.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by axeman85(m): 7:43pm On Jun 06, 2010
@poster

do the wedding on a monday then that way you are guaranteed small number of guests and if you cant, simply do a court wedding with only 5 or 10 people in attendance inclusive of the parents and afterwards go to a nice restaurant or chinese and sit round a table and eat and drink and before you know it, you are already married without having to borrow or break the bank.

why are some of you here criticizing the guy and calling him names eh ? its uncalled for, he has 100k and so what.!!!!! WHAT ABOUT BUS CONDUCTORS WHO MARRY, OKADA MEN, AND PRIMARY SCHOOL TEACHER ON LITTLE WAGE OR NOTHING AT ALL THAT GET MARRIED NKO . abeg make una free the guy jare. abeg the guy should hint his people and see what they will say if they will contribute and besides its him and the girl that have the final say, if the families want to donate fine and if not then they should gladly accept whatever the couple arrange.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by LEVIUCHRIS(m): 8:02pm On Jun 06, 2010
Make sure that the date is on Tuesday by 2pm-3pm, buy soft drink, 3 bottles of wine for toast, and cock half bag of rice, invite 100 people at least 60 will make it, reception follows immediately after service at the same venue, hire wedding cloths, tell a friend to convey you troy and fro, try this you will have change.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by olax44(m): 12:24am On Jun 07, 2010
There's no point in talking too much about this issue. Just go for a court wedding. Simple! i wish u luck.  cheesy cheesy
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by olax44(m): 12:35am On Jun 07, 2010
@ invisible -The loui vuitton suit that I bought for N100, 000?

U dont have to blow ur trumpet. advise the poster.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by olax44(m): 12:39am On Jun 07, 2010
@ invisible  - The loui vuitton suit that I bought for N100, 000?

U dont have to blow ur trumpet. advise the poster.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by olax44(m): 12:41am On Jun 07, 2010
@ invisible  - The loui vuitton suit that I bought for N100, 000?

U dont have to blow ur trumpet. advise the poster. shocked
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by kelveev(f): 9:56am On Jun 09, 2010
guy do u know 100k is much 4 ur wedding y not organise few friends and family mem 2 witness their was xchange of vows. pls go ahead wit ur wedding
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by josite: 10:38am On Jun 13, 2010
1.trust GOD for a miracle.

or
2.to control your blood pressure,r announce a change of the wedding plans ,that you have now opted for a registry marriage on a monday morning and that the celebration of the marriage will be anounced later.what is important is that you legally marry your loved one.if u die because of a marriage plan ,your friends including me will be available to help you continue f, g your proposed bride.sorry for the strong term used but it is true.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by skeed19: 10:34am On Jun 15, 2010
My God! my God! it took me some good time to really sit and really read the whole of your comments, for those who gave their numbers, i called and i thank you all for your advice, @ warripikin, i am impressed God bless you really good, for mama gee, i have nothing against you insulting me, its ok, just your reasoning, i understand. a big thank you to everyone, you wouldn't know how many people you have helped with your contributions. please for those not mentioned i am most grateful to you all, i am grateful, god will bless you all. Pls i solicit your prayers. to the sweet sisters that said great things i never expected, i am grateful. i will put the devil to shame, i am a favored child. thank you all.

This is what i look like. You won,t understand how many souls the great nairaland has helped.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by atunkeade: 9:04am On Jun 18, 2010
Life after wedding is very important.
if both of u understand each things will be easy 4 u
cut ur coat according to ur size.

God will surely help u when u have trust him.

Good Luck
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by yiladogo: 1:59pm On Jun 17, 2011
This article was written specially for you

http://abusites.com/latest/index.php?articleid=4
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by Fhemmmy: 3:07pm On Jun 17, 2011
Would love to know how this end.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jun 17, 2011
with 100k, u can still go ahead with your wedding plans. soft drinks (coke, fanta etc) and biscuit will do just fine. a proper wedding is not the millions you spend during your wedding. parental blessing, church blessing and then go to the registry. you can have the traditional wedding in the sitting room, church wedding in the pastors office (vestry) and then the registry. mind you, you will be left with your spouse all alone after the wedding so spend wisely and don't get involved in debt. lastly, you shouldn't have announced your wedding date when you know you are not fully prepared. goodluck
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by jamace(m): 2:47pm On Jun 18, 2011
Be yourself. Don't try to impress anybody. Marriage is more serious biz than food, drinks, crowd and all the flamboyance you are looking for. Like somebody already advised, do Court Marriage with little refreshment for now. Don't give yourself stress because of what people will say about your wedding. It is the HARMONY IN MARRIAGE that matters. Good luck.
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by Andrew3(m): 12:01pm On Jul 14, 2011
chai see nairaland advice ( go and play baba ijebu) grin grin grin whats that? 5000 and chicken LMAO
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by sweetguy10(m): 5:14am On Jul 15, 2011
Wetin person no go see for Nairaland gan self , 100k for wedding as if it's a biggie .My guy do the court stuff and you can celebrate big later in the future when you are made . My friend's parents did that 5 months ago , they were both dancing as if it's a true first wedding , In fact it was the same procedure as a normal wedding . It's up to you sha ,. Norin do u wink
Re: My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. by femmy2010(m): 6:19am On Jul 15, 2011
Dont ever borrow though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Men And Toilet Etiquette / How Do You Manage Your Finances As A Couple? / For Men Whose Wives Have Big Booobs!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.